PDA

View Full Version : Do you still play AC3 and how many times have you played it?

pacmanate
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
So yeah, title basically says it. I've played it through like 3 times I think but the last time I played it was December. Does anyone think this doesnt have as much replay value as the past AC's?

dxsxhxcx
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
no, 1 time..

misterB2001
03-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm struggling through a 2nd play through now. Just about to reach the Boston Tea Party.

Its how I remember, genius in some parts, but utterly boring in the main.

Still think the animation and new fight system is a huge improvement, but there's just something fundamental missing. Bad, bad level design is apparent throughout.

Megas_Doux
03-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Considering that enjoy freeroaming in AC1 and AC3 the most.....

And to me, AC3 has a lot more replay value than any AC before! I loved the naval stuff, I love that you can set in which conditions you like to play -aka pivots- just to name a few. So hell yes!!!! I still play it.

Bastiaen
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
I love it!!! I've finished it 5 times (favorite game, gotta get my money out of it). Right now I'm actually doing a replay of the entire series, so I'm on AC2. I still do play it. I've been doing a lot of AC3 multiplayer this last week trying to unlock the erudito hacks.

WalSwJan
03-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Playing through it the 3rd time now. Plus TOKW,that's awesome too. I think it's the best AC yet in terms of replay value.

pacmanate
03-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I love it!!! I've finished it 5 times (favorite game, gotta get my money out of it). Right now I'm actually doing a replay of the entire series, so I'm on AC2. I still do play it. I've been doing a lot of AC3 multiplayer this last week trying to unlock the erudito hacks.

Doing the same! On Revelations since yesterday!

Megas_Doux
03-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Heck even Its DLC is way better than any other before! At least to me....

pacmanate
03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Heck even Its DLC is way better than any other before! At least to me....

Not talking about the DLC. And replay value not in side missions after you finish the main story, I mean just playing through the story again

TheHumanTowel
03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm on my second playthrough at the minute. I usually replay the game soon after completing it but that ending just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm enjoying it and I can see myself playing it through again but I don't think I'll replay it as many times as I did AC1 or 2. The story and settings are what keep me coming back to those and while the story is good in AC3 it has a few missteps and the less said about the modern day the better. But it still has good replay value.

ACR is the only AC game I've only completed once. Never again.

Megas_Doux
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Not talking about the DLC. And replay value not in side missions after you finish the main story, I mean just playing through the story again

Oh I see, my bad!

Well, AC3īs story is my fav in the series, what kills it to some sort an extent is the restricted mission design. Having said that, I think It has good replay value, though.

I-Like-Pie45
03-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I WILL get that platinum trophy.

Original Gamer alone will probably take me a year, but I will travel down the road nonetheless. For at my side walks way too much time on my hands, in the face of all that insists I play something else, I carry on. This, this is my replay.

SixKeys
03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I got about halfway through my second playthrough. Every time I think about going back, I think about the frustrating stealth and that unsatisfying ending and decide to go play something I actually enjoy instead. Currently replaying AC2 for the umpteenth time and having a ball. :)

jenyto
03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
I played it 2 times, the second being only for completion which kinda burned me out. For now, I'm only play the DLC.

SleezeRocker
03-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I've only beaten the game once.

although I do have a second playthrough file im like in Ch 5 I think? It's the part where I enter the Mason tunnels for the first time....but I that was back in early february.
I been mostly playing the MP (Whoah I know shocker huh?) to get to 12*, which I did and now im just playing whatever I have (though I am play PS all Stars since I borrowed that and im borrowing Tomb Raider then GOWA. I may get back to AC3 later on but at this rate, most likely a lil before or after Injustice comes out

Sushiglutton
03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Have played it once to completion and a second time until New York was unlocked so I could replay all the forts. Now I'm done and have moved on to other games. The excessive hand-holding, constant interuptions for long cutscenes and the overall lackluster gameplay kills the fun for me. I really hope AC4 will allow me to play. Atm I'm playing Prince Of Persia 2008 for the first time (how could I have missed this one) and I'm blown away by its general awesomeness :D!

lothario-da-be
03-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I played it 3 times, and i'am going to do another 100% playthrough before ac4 is out.

RinoTheBouncer
03-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Played it 3 times or 4 just to see the cutscenes and the Desmond gameplay.

lothario-da-be
Have played it once to completion and a second time until New York was unlocked so I could replay all the forts. Now I'm done and have moved on to other games. The excessive hand-holding, constant interuptions for long cutscenes and the overall lackluster gameplay kills the fun for me. I really hope AC4 will allow me to play. Atm I'm playing Prince Of Persia 2008 for the first time (how could I have missed this one) and I'm blown away by its general awesomeness :D!
I'am a very big POP fan but i hated that game soooo hard.Never completed it.

Eternal Reward
I'm mopping up the remaining feathers and other collectibles on my main playthrough right now.

I got hooked, and am still hooked, on the multiplayer.

Eternal Reward
03-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Original Gamer alone will probably take me a year, but I will travel down the road nonetheless. For at my side walks way too much time on my hands, in the face of all that insists I play something else, I carry on. This, this is my replay.

This is coming from an Xbox player, whats a platinum trophy and what is it for AC3?

TheHumanTowel
03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
POP 2008 is awesome! The world is so beautiful and the lore behind it is fantastic. Wonderful characters as well.

ajl992008
03-18-2013, 05:09 PM
played it twice, Its my favourite ac, I just haven't had time to play it due to a lot of school work to do. I haven't been playing games in general, will prob have a third play through in the summer.

Sushiglutton
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I'am a very big POP fan but i hated that game soooo hard.Never completed it.

Why? It's truly beautiful and you just do awesome stuff all the time. What's not to like?

POP 2008 is awesome! The world is so beautiful and the lore behind it is fantastic. Wonderful characters as well.

Only 2h in and the world is just a knockout. I never bought the game back in the day because I hated on the cell-shading. Another one of the 313414 times I have been totally wrong about something :). I also really like the interaction between The Prince and Elika, it's so smooth and looks very elegant. The lore is still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm curious about it.

ACfan443
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
On my third playthrough. I'm actually becoming sick of walking from marker to marker just to trigger a cutscene. It's more of an interactive movie than a video game. I would have played it more if it wasn't for that ending.

SleezeRocker
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
This is coming from an Xbox player, whats a platinum trophy and what is it for AC3?

A platinum torphy is when you collected all Original trophies/achivements of the game.
Like say in AC2 (and in AC3), when you collect all other trophies, you unlock a 'final' platinum trophy called Master Assassin. It's the PS3 equivalent when an X360 player says they 1000g'd the game I think

Sushiglutton
03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
On my third playthrough. I'm actually becoming sick of walking from marker to marker just to trigger a cutscene. It's more of an interactive movie and than a video game. I would have played it more if it wasn't for that ending.

Yeah wtf were they thinking :confused:. The mission/campaign designers really butchered this game. On my second playthrough, to reach the forts, I skipped all the cutscenes to speed things up a little. Playing AC3 without cutscenes is one of the most bizarre gaming experiences I have ever had. The game just melts together into nothingness. Without the cutscenes it becomes a total joke. The individual parts may not be perfect, but they are not anywhere near as bad to explain that feeling of emptiness. It's just one of the worst designed campaigns in a videogame I have ever played. It's baffling given the experience and talent within Ubi Montreal.

pacmanate
03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
On my third playthrough. I'm actually becoming sick of walking from marker to marker just to trigger a cutscene. It's more of an interactive movie and than a video game. I would have played it more if it wasn't for that ending.

I wouldn't even mind that if it was a Metal Gear game, but its not :|

SleezeRocker
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't even mind that if it was a Metal Gear game, but its not :|

*chuckles thinking about MGS4* :)

pirate1802
03-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Only 2h in and the world is just a knockout. I never bought the game back in the day because I hated on the cell-shading. Another one of the 313414 times I have been totally wrong about something :). I also really like the interaction between The Prince and Elika, it's so smooth and looks very elegant. The lore is still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm curious about it.

Couldn't agree more. The difficulty is child's play but the world.. man! Was I bewitched by it. So beautifully crafted. The story, the chemistry between the Prince and Elika. Everything was so beautiful. My only regret: Didn't find Farah.. :nonchalance: I'd pay any price to see a sequel to this awesome game. many hardcore PoP fans hate it I know, but I love it!

Also Sushi, cell-shading is an awesome technique. These days I find I prefer cell-shaded or otherwise slightly cartoonish graphics than the photo-realistic look so many games seem to go for.

Back ontopic: I played AC3 only once before the DLCs released, but that's normal for me. I usually play an AC game once and return to it months later.. Now that the DLCs are out I'm replaying it again. Soon I'll do a franchise run. :D

Sushiglutton
03-18-2013, 05:34 PM
*Spoiling the game for me after I said I was 2h in.*

Wtf man :(

TheHumanTowel
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
idiocy
Way to ruin a great story for him.

Also way to ruin it for anybody who happened to read that post who hadn't played it. Yet another piece of evidence for the desperate need of spoiler tags in this forum. But that would require the admins actually doing something.

pirate1802
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
**** didn't read that closely enough. Sorry :| I acted stupidly and hence totally deserve the things that'll be thrown at me now

*slowly exits stage amidst a hail of rotten tomatoes and eggs*

ACfan443
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Playing AC3 without cutscenes is one of the most bizarre gaming experiences I have ever had. The game just melts together into nothingness. Without the cutscenes it becomes a total joke.

The journey to the new world mission at the beginning of the game is the most BORING lead up to an opening ever. It was so incredibly long and monotonous, "walk here *cutscene* walk there *cutscene*
*cutscene* *cutscene* *cutscene* *cutscene* ... Mission end"

Sushiglutton
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
**** didn't read that closely enough. Sorry :| I acted stupidly and hence totally deserve the things that'll be thrown at me now

*slowly exits stage amidst a hail of rotten tomatoes and eggs*

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2009/08/27/700350/La-Tomatina-Festival-17-600x400.jpg

It's ok, it happens. It won't kill me ;)

The journey to the new world mission at the beginning of the game is the most BORING lead up to an opening ever. It was so incredibly long and monotonous, "walk here *cutscene* walk there *cutscene*
*cutscene* *cutscene* *cutscene* *cutscene* ... Mission end"

Someone said that the boat trip felt as long as it must have done in the 18th century :D. But yeah the beginning is crazy. First it's walk, walk cutscene as Desmond. Then it's walk, walk cutscene as Haytham. And it's not for a few minutes, it's for hours.

Bastiaen
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Doing the same! On Revelations since yesterday!

That's awesome! It's great to see other players who still actively replay.

jenyto
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM

It's a pretty game indeed, my only disappointement is the combat. SoT had a great combat gameplay and they didn't use it :( Then again, the game doesn't have as much close room the SoT :x

On topic: I'm guessing my experience with JRPG has made me rather patient to the 'A to B for cutscene then to C for another cutscene'.

RinoTheBouncer
03-18-2013, 06:07 PM
I had no problems in:

Combat
One button free running
Story
Graphics

I had a big problem with:

Lag, glitches and frame-rate issues (which are still persistent even after the updates)
Ending (I'm not complaining about why Desmond died, but about how he died and how badly the ending was directed not to mention how short)

I cannot say AC3 was a bad game at all. In fact, I enjoyed it so much. The only disappointment is the ending. That was like "I want the next game to be kickass and highly related to the ending of this one so as to justify this ending that we got for AC3".

I played it 4 times. I loved watching cutscenes, and playing Desmond and the Grand Temple missions.

Bastiaen
03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
AC3 is far from perfect, but I still love it.

SNUBKILLER75
03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
i have to buy another copy to finish it a first time. my copy cracked. amazon has it for 30 bucks though so there is my chance.

LoyalACFan
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
AC3 is far from perfect, but I still love it.

This.

rileypoole1234
03-18-2013, 08:45 PM
I played through it twice, I don't play it now as often as I used to. I've since moved on to Far Cry 3, SimCity, and I've also been playing Sleeping Dogs and AC2 again.

masterfenix2009
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I have completed AC3 twice and I am going to start a new playthrough soon.

HeedfulMass4856
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
I've played this game about 9 full times, and I got the game last month. It's not that I LOVE the game or anything, it's just the only AC game I currently have.

Assassin_M
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
6 times....gonna start a new playthrough during spring break...

poptartz20
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
6 times....gonna start a new playthrough during spring break...

geez m! do you you just play through the storyline or do you do everything?

I've played through twice I'm thinking about going for full sync on everything a third time through! I'm all about the trophy's on this one. Curse multiplayer though for being apart of the trophy requirements though.

ArabianFrost
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Every time I consider replaying, I remember having to play through a few hours of very constricted tutorials, so I just disregard the idea and roam the frontier with no goal or direction, just exploring the simply captivating frontier with a stealthy hunt or two and maybe one of the frontier missions I come by. Such a shame that they pissed on the only navigational aspect of the game that truly had great potential. However, I'll still play the missions in chronological order for a nearly full AC3 walkthrough experience.

Assassin_M
03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
geez m! do you you just play through the storyline or do you do everything?

I've played through twice I'm thinking about going for full sync on everything a third time through! I'm all about the trophy's on this one. Curse multiplayer though for being apart of the trophy requirements though.
Hey come on, the guy above me did it 9 times xD

I don't do everything. Just the naval missions, Assassin missions and Homestead missions. I see those as an integral part of Connor`s story..

Soulid_Snake
03-19-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm struggling to finish it once.

rego00123
03-19-2013, 12:40 AM
"attempted" to complete it %100 but the bugs got the best of me.
i sold it off directly after that

LoyalACFan
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
I've played this game about 9 full times, and I got the game last month. It's not that I LOVE the game or anything, it's just the only AC game I currently have.

Holy God. So you've spent like 180+ hours on AC3 in a month? :eek:

InfectedNation
03-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Main game - 4 times
The Infamy - 3 times

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the infamy..

4 times...

FrankieSatt
03-19-2013, 02:40 AM
I forced myself to play it a 2nd time just to see if I enjoyed it better. I didn't. It was just as bad the 2nd time as the 1st time. I won't be playing it a 3rd.

BigTrevor94
03-21-2013, 04:43 AM
since I just got it a little while back and I pretty much live on Multiplayer, Yep I still play ahaha

Free_Hidings
03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Currently on my 3rd ish playthrough (including a 100% up to sequence 6 that was restarted when I learnt I had missed a homestead mission or something petty like that)

Have purchased it for my new PC so I now have two copies. No regrets. Only problem is that PC multiplayer is always hard to get good games

jamgamerforever
03-21-2013, 08:05 AM
I've only played it once, though I intend to do a full AC series playthrough prior to AC4 being released.

What can I say, there are just so many great games coming out these days that I don't have as much time to replay as I used to.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
This is the 4th time i have played through it as much as i love AC3 i still keep creeping back to AC2

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Ive only played it through one time. Although I went back and did 100% and all the achievements. I will probably have a rush through again a bit before AC4. I used to replay the other AC games a few times but for some reason I do not have the urge to do it with AC3 :/

Bastiaen
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM

I hate morris!!!

Bastiaen
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM

I loved that game, but I was VERY close to completing the achievements, but THREE of them were glitched. Over and over I tried, but eventually I traded it in in frustration.