PDA

View Full Version : The official ac character competition 5

lothario-da-be
03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
New week, new round. Who is the best character and say why.
Here are the death speeches, listen to them before you vote.
Garnier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIF07uNP5ag
Sibrand:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnEjCQuQ7uk

SCORE
the Clan mother:0
Manfredo: 0
Duccio:1
Piri reis: 2
Garnier:1

SixKeys
03-17-2013, 04:23 PM
I love both characters, but Sibrand gets my vote. I just love the conflict and fear so apparent in his character. Garnier is a fantastic villain because he's creepy as hell, Sibrand doesn't really even feel like a villain, just a regular guy who went crazy with paranoia, for understandable reasons.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Garnier...Sibrand was pathetic..

lothario-da-be
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I love both characters, but Sibrand gets my vote. I just love the conflict and fear so apparent in his character. Garnier is a fantastic villain because he's creepy as hell, Sibrand doesn't really even feel like a villain, just a regular guy who went crazy with paranoia, for understandable reasons.
You described my thoughts exactly.But i disagree on the Sibrand is no real villain part. He is still a templar with the same ideology, but you get commpsaion because he is so afraid of dead.

Megas_Doux
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Gotta go with the Third Crusade´s version of Doc Frankenstein.

lothario-da-be
03-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Gotta go with the Third Crusade´s version of Doc Frankenstein.
Didn't you said that previous time too?

nitres15
03-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Sibrand, i share his ideologi. Im such a templar :P

Spider_Sith9
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Sibrand, i share his ideologi. Im such a templar :P

So you'd kill people who wear White Robes just because you fear death? :P

nitres15
03-17-2013, 08:02 PM
So you'd kill people who wear White Robes just because you fear death? :P

killing random people because you´re afraid isn´t an ideologi, that was pathetic. I was referring to his death speach, i agree with that ****

lothario-da-be
03-17-2013, 08:36 PM
killing random people because you´re afraid isn´t an ideologi, that was pathetic. I was referring to his death speach, i agree with that ****
Actualy there are very much people here who like the Templars more then the Assassin's. If i remember correct there was once a poll where the Templars won :p

nancyfroma
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Sibrand was the one who made me run and I prefer voting for him though most of the characters looked very identical to me. hehe

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Take Care Garnier FTW

lothario-da-be
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Take Care Garnier FTW
L'oreal FTW!

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
And suddenly it turned into a competition of shampoos..

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
And suddenly it turned into a competition of shampoos..Maybe it's the thread, Maybe it's Maybelline.

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe it's the thread, Maybe it's Maybelline.

Hope people don't get their Pantene in a bunch over this..

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Hope people don't get their Pantene in a bunch over this..That's the good thing about this forum we're Head and Shoulders above the rest when it comes to tolerance.

andreja110s
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Garnier. Sibrand was... meh.

@ roostersrule2 and pirate1802: you made my day xD

SaintPerkele
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Two of my most favourite targets in the franchise (on the other hand, most of my favourite targets were from AC1).

Garnier was the typical "evil-doctor"-villain type at first glance. Old creepy guy with bloody apron, torturing patients and so on. But then after you've killed him.. it's one of those fantastic AC1 moments were you realize the actual intention of your target.
Sibrand was the exact opposite, a non-typical villain. Just a paranoid guy in charge of too much power. I liked him, because he was something unique when it comes to videogame-villains.

My vote goes to Garnier though. Might be because I have a thing for the old-man-targets in the AC franchise (don't take this the wrong way, I beg you!) or because Garnier stands for something that was lost the more entries the franchise got: the somewhat creepy atmosphere. Glad to see that ToKW is getting back to this, at least partially!

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 04:05 PM
it's one of those fantastic AC1 moments were you realize the actual intention of your target.

Not just AC1. I'd say it was one of the best hair-cleaning moments from the entire franchise.

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Not just AC1. I'd say it was one of the best hair-cleaning moments from the entire franchise.Yes but I don't like they way AC1 used the rinse and repeat technique, got boring quickly.

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes but I don't like they way AC1 used the rinse and repeat technique, got boring quickly.

Good thing they used better cleansing agents in the sequel then, eh?

SaintPerkele
03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Not just AC1. I'd say it was one of the best hair-cleaning moments from the entire franchise.
Oh, definitely. With "one of those fantastic AC1 moments" I was just implying that most of these were in the first one and not the sequels :)

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Good thing they used better cleansing agents in the sequel then, eh?Indeed, made the game silky and smooth.

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh, definitely. With "one of those fantastic AC1 moments" I was just implying that most of these were in the first one and not the sequels :)

That "But I want to play with fire, father" sentence has been stuck in my hair ever since. Can't seem to untangle it. :D

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
That "But I want to play with fire, father" sentence has been stuck in my hair ever since. Can't seem to untangle it. :DYes and the glyphs they had me ripping my hair out trying to get them.

SaintPerkele
03-20-2013, 04:40 PM
That "But I want to play with fire, father" sentence has been stuck in my hair ever since. Can't seem to untangle it. :D
Aaand it's back in mine. I loved Abu'l's and Jubair's death speeches the most though, as they made you think about whether there is actually any difference between you and them.
Actually, almost every single death speech in AC1 was so fantastic. You almost always regretted killing your target shortly afterwards - Robert de Sable, for example "But now you've taken my life... and in the process, ended your own!"
AC3 really attempted to get back at this, but the Templar's final words there were usually just okay-dialogue. Nothing compared to the deep and meaningful conversations of AC1, every single line so well written.

lothario-da-be
03-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Aaand it's back in mine. I loved Abu'l's and Jubair's death speeches the most though, as they made you think about whether there is actually any difference between you and them.
Actually, almost every single death speech in AC1 was so fantastic. You almost always regretted killing your target shortly afterwards - Robert de Sable, for example "But now you've taken my life... and in the process, ended your own!"
AC3 really attempted to get back at this, but the Templar's final words there were usually just okay-dialogue. Nothing compared to the deep and meaningful conversations of AC1, every single line so well written.
The death speeches in ac3 were better then okay imo, but they were still far from ac1's death speeches. And i think there will never be an (ac) game that has better dialogue.Sad that Altair's voice actor had such a monotome voice.

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Sorry to bump but winning with 1 vote isn't enough imo.

SixKeys
04-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Why not? It worked for Bush. :rolleyes: *ba-dum-tsh*

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I`d hate to have you the guy counting votes for presidential elections..

Baboon beats Obama by a margin of 2 votes
"2 votes wont do it, i`m sorry...gonna restart the elections"

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I`d hate to have you the guy counting votes for presidential elections..

Baboon beats Obama by a margin of 2 votes
"2 votes wont do it, i`m sorry...gonna restart the elections"
You are right but still, 1 vote? out of 27.

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 08:10 PM
You are right but still, 1 vote? out of 27.
so ? xD

It still counts, dude:p

Or are you a Sibrand fan ?:rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
so ? xD

It still counts, dude:p

Or are you a Sibrand fan ?:rolleyes:
Ok, you got me, that poor Sibrand dudie doesn't deserve this.:(

ACRules2
04-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Garnier. He had an interesting death speech and was as crazy as the people he tried to 'cure'.