PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with PC multiplayer?

Free_Hidings
03-17-2013, 07:51 AM
I just got a brand new PC and have been loving AC3 on it, the improvement over PS3 in terms of graphics and performance is huge! However, I always struggle to find games in multiplayer. What's the deal with this? Does anyone really play these days? Am I simply missing the peak times or is it always this low. I have yet to see it go over "low activity" and often there are under 5 sessions of any game mode going. It's sad :(

Voyager456
03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Yea Pc comunity isnt that big as on the console and most of the time you will see low activity sometimes its medium during the weekends.

spectatorx
03-17-2013, 11:42 AM
They always had problem with pc multiplayer, problems were since acb. In acb people had problems to connect to any session when a lot of people were trying to play it. For ACB problem remain unfixed to this day. Similar was with acr but wasn't so huge, still many people were unable to connect but this time number of them was lower and it was fairly easy to play multiplayer. Other kind of story are extra maps in revelations, these had some players in the beginning but now this is in fact impossible to play them.

With ac3 still some people are facing permanently problem with connect to multiplayer. Some are having problems with limited mode, others with connecting to sessions but common thing are lags, incredible lags. I can't count how many times i lost stun or kill because of lag. Green nat, green ping meter (ffs... why the hell they show ping with colors instead of numbers?!?!? I miss Q3 so much...) and when i click stun key i get killed after i clicked stun and i'm dying without honorable death. I click kill button and i'm getting stunned after i clicked!!! That's so common...

GalakFyarr
03-17-2013, 01:10 PM
That, and AC3 MP is not (that) fun.

YazX_
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
many left AC MP after ACB, they came back in ACR, played 1 match and left because its worse, they came back in AC3 and also the same story. and i guess i'm gonna leave it after AC3 because to me MP died after ACB due to all changes made which ruined it completely and everytime i buy it to see if its improved, but unfortunately, its going from bad to worse and ditching the support after new AC is announced, like now, AC4 is announced, they are not willing to change or fix anything in the game, same story goes with ACB and ACR.

and another main problem here is matchmaking, Ubisoft chose to ignore fixing it because its PC and number of sessions are limited unlike consoles, everyday we waste around 1 hour trying to connect to session although there are at least 4 sessions in the mode we chose.

spectatorx
03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
And with ac3 the worst thing at all is it has so small number of maps. By default 5-6 of them (depending on mode).