PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Deluxe Edition on Steam - worth it?

SixKeys
03-17-2013, 04:58 AM
I already posted this in the PC section, but figured I might get more feedback here. Hopefully the mods won't mind. :)

I saw that Assassin's Creed 2: Deluxe Edition is currently going for a little over 9 euros on Steam. I already own the game, but the Deluxe Edition includes 3 extra maps: Palazzo Medici, the Arsenal Shipyard and Santa Maria dei Frari. Does anyone have this version? How are the maps? Are there other extras, like the secret bonus dye (available in the GOTY edition or through the AC2 mobile app from Verizon)?

I-Like-Pie45
03-17-2013, 05:50 AM
I have the PS3 version of the Deluxe Edition.

The three maps were fun when I played them, but it's been a while since I popped in AC2 so my memories may not be so precise. It all depends on how much you liked tomb missions. And yes, it did come with the bonus black dye.

If there's nothing else worthwhile at the moment for the same price, I'd say go for it if you really want to go back to AC2.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 06:05 AM
I have the PS3 version of the Deluxe Edition.

The three maps were fun when I played them, but it's been a while since I popped in AC2 so my memories may not be so precise. It all depends on how much you liked tomb missions. And yes, it did come with the bonus black dye.

If there's nothing else worthwhile at the moment for the same price, I'd say go for it if you really want to go back to AC2.
This..

The levels are pretty lengthy too...almost as long as the regular tombs..if not as long

Stardust235
03-17-2013, 07:07 AM
If you have a 360 controller, go for it.

ace3001
03-17-2013, 10:58 AM
If you have a 360 controller, go for it.AC is one of the few third person games that work well with keyboard and mouse. Though someone who is used to playing on a controller for long is probably better off using one.

On topic, like everyone here has said, the Deluxe Edition is worth it, especially for a low price. Considering that you can't even get 100% synch in AC2 without that content (which is something I'm glad Ubisoft fixed in the later games), I'd say go for it. The two Templar Lairs and Auditore Family Crypt are pretty fantastic anyway.

Locopells
03-17-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd say they're worth it, but I think the savegame trick works with the older games...

SixKeys
03-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks, guys. I guess I might as well go for it then, since I loved the tombs. :)

Sushiglutton
03-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Hey, don't tempt me! I just bought the Prince Of Persia franchise pack (currently replaying SoT, what a Masterpiece :D!) and Farcry3. Now you made me want to buy the AC games that I own on Ps3 :(.