PDA

View Full Version : AC III Tyranny of King Washington Infamy DLC not found after install (PS3)

de_vitus
03-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi, I live in Slovakia. Since this country doesn't have a PSN store, I use US PSN store to purchase downloadable content. I have a retail version of AC III (CZ/HU localization) - no English version sold in retail here. Just recently I purchased Infamy DLC for AC III through the US store. When I run AC III, I see the Tyranny of King Washington Infamy menu (the Czech version of the name), but when I go in, the list is empty. I've tried re-downloading the content, but the situation remains the same.

My first thought - I have a CZ/HU version of AC III with no English localization included (outrageous fact on its own, but whatever), and am trying to run through it a DLC which is localized in English (since it's bought from the US store).

So, considering that I act in the only way possible in view of my geographical location, is there any way for me to finally run this DLC worth of 9.99 USD, or have I just wasted the money?

Thanks in advance!

SleezeRocker
03-16-2013, 09:44 PM
I have a CZ/HU version of AC III trying to run through a DLC which is localized in English (from the US store).

is there any way for me to run this DLC worth of 9.99 USD, or have I just wasted the money?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much you did. North America addons will only work NA version of the game (AC3).
Addons are pretty much region locked. You owuld need a North america disc of AC3 to play the tyranny addon

de_vitus
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Pretty much you did. North America addons will only work NA version of the game (AC3).
Addons are pretty much region locked. You owuld need a North america disc of AC3 to play the tyranny addon

Thanks for the reply!

This has worked with all of my previous games purchased here in Slovakia in a retail version: Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City, you name it. Never been a problem.

It's a shame, because it basically means that I cannot play AC III DLC content if I live in this particular territory (no PSN store, no chance to use content from a different country's PSN store). Rather discriminatory from the legal perspective IMO.

SleezeRocker
03-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply!

This has worked with all of my previous games purchased here in Slovakia in a retail version: Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City, you name it. Never been a problem.

It's a shame, because it basically means that I cannot play AC III DLC content if I live in this particular territory (no PSN store, no chance to use content from a different country's PSN store). Rather discriminatory from the legal perspective IMO.

Yeah it seems that only assassin's creed (ubisoft) games to use their addons you need their specific disc (region) of where you purchased it. but yeah it is a little lame.
sorry about that man :(

Nightmare8767
03-16-2013, 10:09 PM
If your game code is BLES, you should be able to use any EU version of the Add-on.

de_vitus
03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah it seems that only assassin's creed (ubisoft) games to use their addons you need their specific disc (region) of where you purchased it. but yeah it is a little lame.
sorry about that man :(

Thanks :) No worries, I'll seek justice through the PSN support.

de_vitus
03-16-2013, 10:14 PM
If your game code is BLES, you should be able to use any EU version of the Add-on.

It is BLES, meaning that I shall try getting the refund for the US purchase and get it through the UK store instead. Thanks!

de_vitus
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, in the end they told me to get lost :D whatever, lesson learned.