PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured out who the guy at the end of Embers is! ***SPOILERS***

DavidPage
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
First of all, look at the first few frames he appears, just as his right hand comes into view pause and go frame by frame and you'll vaguely see a Templar Cross hanging. It kinda looks like the one the target at the end of the Black Flag Cinematic has. Also you'll see that when he sits, Ezio turns to him, looks down and seems surprised. So the theory is:

He's a Templar and he was tracking Ezio all along so he can be there when Ezio dies. But the point is that he wasn't doing it in a hostile way. The Templars acknowledged Ezio's greatness and so they wanted to be present at his passing. But as you'll see in the interaction between Ezio and the man, the Templar nods after Ezio sees the cross. He is showing him that no matter how great things Ezio did to purge this world of their threat, they will still be there (as Haytham also says in III - "Even when your kind appears to triumph, still we rise again"). But although Assassin's and Templars are meant to be against each other, they should be honorable and respectful towards their enemies and that's why the man is kind to Ezio and encourages him to have courage and to pass on peacefully.

emperior
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
The guy actually represents Ezio's youthness...
He says the exact things Ezio said when he was younger.

SleezeRocker
03-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Ezio always hated Florence?

r4inm4n1991
03-16-2013, 10:02 PM
I think DavidPage is right.
I dont think that guy represents Ezios attitude when younger, Ezio didnt talk like that about girls, he was very romantic, he didnt treat the woman as an object or something.
For me, that scene represents that Ezio just died peacefully after all those years fighting against the templar cross, in the end he was in peace with the templars.

PigStuffy77
03-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I can't find the cross you are talking about.

itsamea-mario
03-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Is that a fact?
And he doesn't say the 'exact' things.

Assassin_M
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
The cross thing was known for about 2 years now...

EllisEverTellYa
03-16-2013, 11:07 PM
http://youtu.be/k25aZrjtYls
This is a good theory.:o

LoyalACFan
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he was completely oblivious as to who Ezio really was. It's assuming a lot to say he was planning it the whole time, to be there at the EXACT moment he died. He could very well be a Templar, or the cross could be completely irrelevant since no other Templar in the franchise carried such a mark on their wrist. But I don't think he thought Ezio was anything but some random old guy.

Dejan507
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Finally, you gave me the complete closure for Ezio, now that scene makes sense, thank you!

Assassin_M
03-16-2013, 11:18 PM
But, and let me make this very clear, BUT.....with a thousand lines underneath...He was not poisoned...Alright ? That`s just silly

LoyalACFan
03-16-2013, 11:19 PM
But, and let me make this very clear, BUT.....with a thousand lines underneath...He was not poisoned...Alright ? That`s just silly

Finally, someone else sees this...

DavidPage
03-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Finally, someone else sees this...

I don't get it... Who said he was poisoned? If it's in the vid then I can't watch it, I'm mobile.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:00 AM
I don't get it... Who said he was poisoned? If it's in the vid then I can't watch it, I'm mobile.
no no I wasn't talking about you...you said nothing about poison

AherasSTRG
03-17-2013, 12:02 AM
For Christ's sake, some people won't understand what an allegory is even if it hit them in the head. The cross in the "man's" wrist is not a Templar cross, it's a Cross. Fullstop. It's a plain cross. And that is just because the "man" is none other than the personification of death, he is the reaper that came to gather Ezio's soul and put it to rest after his long journey. The way he talked, the way he acted, the reason he did not fear Ezio at all had something otherwordly. He talks to Ezio about italian women to mock him, to provoke him. He is the reaper, he knows Ezio's life and wants to tease him. Ezio died of a heart attack (sudden, painful death). He had managed to survive the deadliest situations as an assassin. But this time, there is no escape... The reaper grabs his hand and will not let him leave. He nods as saying "Yes, it's over Ezio, you cannot run away from me this time". Ezio feels the first pains of the heart attack on his chest, he despairs from the pain, he grabs his garb EXACTLY where the pain from a heart attack comes. The Reaper leaves, he has done his job. Ezio leans over and dies.
The man was just an allegory for death.

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 12:03 AM
no no I wasn't talking about you...you said nothing about poison

Oh ok. Well M, what do you think of my theory?

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 12:05 AM
For Christ's sake, some people won't understand what an allegory is even if it hit them in the head. The cross in the "man's" wrist is not a Templar cross, it's a Cross. Fullstop. It's a plain cross. And that is just because the "man" is none other than the personification of death, he is the reaper that came to gather Ezio's soul and put it to rest after his long journey. Ezio died of a heart attack (sudden, painful death). He had managed to survive the deadliest situations as an assassin. But this time, there is no escape... The reaper grabs his hand and will not let him leave. He nods as saying "Yes, it's over Ezio, you cannot run away from me this time". Ezio feels the first pains of the heart attack on his chest, he despairs from the pain, he grabs his garb EXACTLY where the pain from a heart attack comes. The Reaper leaves, he has done his job. Ezio leans over and dies.

Acceptable! I like it. Mine is just more in-lore. But it could very well be that.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh ok. Well M, what do you think of my theory?
It IS possible and adds a nice bit of novelty in the Assassin-Templar conflict...

But it could also mean nothing since many people wore crosses everywhere on their bodies...

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:11 AM
For Christ's sake, some people won't understand what an allegory is even if it hit them in the head. The cross in the "man's" wrist is not a Templar cross, it's a Cross. Fullstop. It's a plain cross. And that is just because the "man" is none other than the personification of death, he is the reaper that came to gather Ezio's soul and put it to rest after his long journey. The way he talked, the way he acted, the reason he did not fear Ezio at all had something otherwordly. He talks to Ezio about italian women to mock him, to provoke him. He is the reaper, he knows Ezio's life and wants to tease him. Ezio died of a heart attack (sudden, painful death). He had managed to survive the deadliest situations as an assassin. But this time, there is no escape... The reaper grabs his hand and will not let him leave. He nods as saying "Yes, it's over Ezio, you cannot run away from me this time". Ezio feels the first pains of the heart attack on his chest, he despairs from the pain, he grabs his garb EXACTLY where the pain from a heart attack comes. The Reaper leaves, he has done his job. Ezio leans over and dies.
that`s how i see it as well..

Megas_Doux
03-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Dont know man!

I own the movie at 720p, and I have seen it 10 times. In which not once have I ever noticed a cross on that boy´s wrist... So the way I acknowledge this, is as a allegory for death..

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 12:20 AM
It IS possible and adds a nice bit of novelty in the Assassin-Templar conflict...

That's what I was aiming for. You know, that way the Templars seem more honorable and a bit likeable so the black and white difference of the Assassin's and the Templars starts to blur.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:22 AM
That's what I was aiming for. You know, that way the Templars seem more honorable and a bit likeable so the black and white difference of the Assassin's and the Templars starts to blur.
Yeah and I`d actually be fine with it...It certainly does blur the B and W borders between the 2 factions...

roostersrule2
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Wasn't it confirmed by Gabe that he doesn't exist and was all just in Ezio's head?

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Wasn't it confirmed by Gabe that he doesn't exist and was all just in Ezio's head?
Then Gabe went on later and said that he was mistaken...

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Then Gabe went on later and said that he was mistaken...

Yeah I think he said that that was his theory.

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
And it turns out that the only person who knows the real story is Corey. The rest of us just make the version that satisfies us the most.

roostersrule2
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Then Gabe went on later and said that he was mistaken...I hope they do this more often so if the next AC devs say somethings in the game then remove it, they tell us.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:37 AM
I hope they do this more often so if the next AC devs say somethings in the game then remove it, they tell us.
Agreed...very much actually

LightRey
03-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Thank you!
Have twenty internets!

AjinkyaParuleka
03-17-2013, 02:03 PM
And it turns out that the only person who knows the real story is Corey. The rest of us just make the version that satisfies us the most.
Lets capture Corey May and make him answer.

generallsj
03-17-2013, 03:40 PM
http://youtu.be/k25aZrjtYls
This is a good theory.:o
If it was a poison shot sound there MUST be a first shot sound before Ezio felt bad and I think it is 18:27 in the Embers video. Shot - lip smack - spit but the first sound can hear from pretty more left side if you wear headset. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL30864YID4

DavidPage
03-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Remember guys! I'm theorizing all this based on the Cross he has on his hand. If it weren't for the cross then any other theory would be ok. Like the one about the personification of death (the most probable, if the cross wasn't there).

zerocooll21
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
ann back tot his again...

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
If it was a poison shot sound there MUST be a first shot sound before Ezio felt bad and I think it is 18:27 in the Embers video. Shot - lip smack - spit but the first sound can hear from pretty more left side if you wear headset. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL30864YID4
There was nothing..You`re imagining things..the market is noisy...lots of sounds...you got confused..

generallsj
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
I think you are in market in real.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I think you are in market in real.
I think I don't understand

pacmanate
03-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Someone asked Derby this like two weeks ago. He said he wasn't ever going to give an official answer because half the awesomeness is the mystery. Also it has nothing to do with his youthness or Vieri or however you spell his name. The second was confirmed, the first is just you thinking that.

itsamea-mario
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

The grim reaper loves roman pu(ladyparts)ssy....

nah, that's a pretty decent explanation.

BATISTABUS
03-17-2013, 07:46 PM
The cross in the "man's" wrist is not a Templar cross, it's a Cross. Fullstop. It's a plain cross.
That is VERY clearly a Templar Cross, and anyone who considers themselves a fan of Assassin's Creed should be able to recognize that. We've seen these things constantly in the games and trailers, and we're even meant to associate that Cross with Templars outside of the Assassin's Creed lore (like in paintings or architecture).

I prefer the Reaper theory over the young Ezio theory, but it just doesn't work in the world of Assassin's Creed. Why? Because the Grim Reaper isn't real, and unless he's connected for Those Who Came Before, there is no precedence for anything super natural like this. Why would the Grim Reaper be wearing the Templar Cross, and why would it be so discrete? This scene is certainly meant to have parallels with Death telling Ezio his time is up, but that doesn't mean the symbolism cannot be communicated through an actual Templar vessel.

Also, I leave this again.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/eziogrimfinal_zps4eaa6e3b.png