PDA

View Full Version : Whale Hunting: A waste of time/money on a pointlessly dumb feature in an AC game

WINTER.S0LDIER
03-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Posted this in the console thread too so gamers there can discuss as well but... apparently Black Flag is going to have a whale hunting feature.

It's just a terrible idea.

Who the crap actually wants to play an ASSASSIN'S CREED game to go whale hunting? The money and time used to implement this feature could be put to MUCH better use. I don't know if they thought 'hey this will be controversial!' but... it's just a bad idea... spend more money and time on polish, multiplayer sea-battle feature or just making the world more vibrant, interactive and adding more customization of your crew/home port instead of a pointless side game like this.

hoodrat94
03-16-2013, 11:09 PM
They could easily make a longer game with or without whaling. At least they are giving us something new!

Ave07
03-17-2013, 05:33 AM
I hope it isn't as dumb as the tower defense they had in revelations.

radovanbagic
03-17-2013, 09:33 AM
I love that they put that, hope it is going to be awesome for me

OSantaClownO
03-17-2013, 08:54 PM
You have no idea how big or small this feature is going to be.
You have no idea how they the feature is going to blend into the game.
You have no idea how rarely this feature will be offered in game.
You have no idea how you will use this feature in game.

So in conclusion:
You have no idea about this feature.

It's obivously more than silly to judge the feature, moreover to say it's "a waste of time and money" is even more silly. After they already done it redoing something else - that would be a "a waste of time and money".