PDA

View Full Version : I don't fully understand trading/crafting etc

Necessary__Evil
03-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Like the title says I'm still not sure how all this works. It's quite difficult to understand (at first) but need a helping hand in picking up on what I should be doing. How do I get traders? I have a lumberer but he doesn't produce anything? do I have to go to him on the map? same with the crafting, it requires people I do not have and I can't find them at all?

Call me stupid but this mechanic makes absolute no sense to me. I'm on sequence 9 and haven't even touched the trading/crafting/sell/buy etc etc. I have a sword and a gun and that's all I've used, haha. I really want some tips/help. I'd appreciate it!

cheers.

Ave07
03-16-2013, 11:14 AM
You need to do Homestead missions to unlock crafting materials. The people you help such as the lumberjacks for example will unlock something as they provide wood. Also you may need to go to shops in towns to buy recipes to craft specific items.

No you do not need to go to them to get the crafting material as it should be available in your book.

Necessary__Evil
03-16-2013, 01:10 PM
You need to do Homestead missions to unlock crafting materials. The people you help such as the lumberjacks for example will unlock something as they provide wood. Also you may need to go to shops in towns to buy recipes to craft specific items.

No you do not need to go to them to get the crafting material as it should be available in your book.

Okay this makes sense. So a homestead mission is out there somewhere for the traders? or do I have to go to a general store in Boston/NY etc and set one up so I can trade goods? I don't understand how you level your Artisans either due to the fact that even if I do the homestead missions they don't level up anyway, they say I've got new supplies or what-not but that's it. Can you or anyone else clear this up for me as well? thank you! :)

I may just complete the game then retry for the homestead missions and redo all that because I think I'm too far in anyway to do any trading/crating of the stort! :(

SixKeys
03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
When you do Homestead missions, your artisans level up automatically. It's usually shown at the end of the mission with something like "Eggs and flour now available from farmers". When you go to the crafting menu and flip through the list of supplies, you'll find these new materials. The more artisans you recruit, the more possibilities you will get for creating new stuff with the resources. For example if you have a lumberer, you need to recruit someone who can craft furniture from wood. If you have farmers who can produce eggs and wheat, you need to recruit an innkeeper who can create food items (like pies or beer) from those resources.

Necessary__Evil
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
When you do Homestead missions, your artisans level up automatically. It's usually shown at the end of the mission with something like "Eggs and flour now available from farmers". When you go to the crafting menu and flip through the list of supplies, you'll find these new materials. The more artisans you recruit, the more possibilities you will get for creating new stuff with the resources. For example if you have a lumberer, you need to recruit someone who can craft furniture from wood. If you have farmers who can produce eggs and wheat, you need to recruit an innkeeper who can create food items (like pies or beer) from those resources.

Thank you for the reply :-)

So if I need an innkeeper (recruit) I'll (obviously) go to a pub (bar ;-) ) and recruit one from there? etc? or is it more simple than that? either way I'll have a look after I've completed the game because there's no reason why I shouldn't play through again since I enjoyed the story so much. I'd like to explore a little more than I did on this play through.