PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Needs Spin-Offs?

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey Everyone,
The AC Universe is so rich and big. It has so many ideas and thoughts and possibilities and I'm sure that most of us are interested in all sides and factions of the game not just the historical part nor the assassin part so maybe Ubisoft can create a spin-off that revolves around a certain idea of the game, with different gameplay, different characters.

Maybe we get to play as a Templar or as a survivor of the First Civilization or the human race after Toba catastrophe so it can be a survivor's story or a special agent's story at Abstergo who's researching about something other than the Animus project and gets to uncover things..etc. or give us an alternate timeline possibility, a what-if story of Desmond had he chosen to heed Minerva.

I think it will be harmless to the franchise cause as different as the gameplay and story will be, it will remain a side-story, not a main title yet it's information, story, characters and events all fit into the AC universe and pour into the same pool of canon ideas just like how the novels and other AC related releases added to the main story of the game.

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
To make spin-offs they need to stop making one game each year. If they do that and take a break I'm all for a spinoff..

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 11:09 AM
To make spin-offs they need to stop making one game each year. If they do that and take a break I'm all for a spinoff..

I won't be surprised if they announce a spin off and claim that it's been in the works since 2008, LOL cause "Another team's been working on it".

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I won't be surprised if they announce a spin off and claim that it's been in the works since 2008, LOL cause "Another team's been working on it".

I'm ok with short dev time for spinoff, because they are spin-offs right? But like I said, they need to slow down first.

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm ok with short dev time for spinoff, because they are spin-offs right? But like I said, they need to slow down first.

If they really want to take a spin-off seriously, they need to slow down to promote it well. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the yearly releases unless the spin-offs get releases as PSvita titles.

ze_topazio
03-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't mind that, Assassin's Creed game on the Titanic, do it Ubisoft.

pacmanate
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
They also need to get their story straight. Seriously, with spin offs there will be so many plot clashes and stuff that doesnt make sense.

montagemik
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
They also need to get their story straight. Seriously, with spin offs there will be so many plot clashes and stuff that doesnt make sense.

Just release a range of pure action/stealth AC games under the 'Abstergo Entertainment' title - BE any Ancestor .....in a range of adventures - Canon constraints & plot crashes no longer become a problem .
Allow almost everything / anything the animus can make possible - Full character customisation - height / build / race , It's just a videogame product sold to us by Abstergo.

I'd prefer the Spin off sideline range - rather than ruining the main AC saga in order to appeal to a wider market.

Sushiglutton
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I would much, much prefer if Ubi did historical action/adventure games with no AC, rather than AC games with no history. Things like Robin Hood, The Last of the Mohicans, Three Musketeers, Gladiator etc etc (not doing these exact franchises, but similar themes). I have zero interest in a modern AC game.

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I have zero interest in a modern AC game.

Same. I'd play Watch Dogs if I wanna be a modern Assassin..

Bastiaen
03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Same. I'd play Watch Dogs if I wanna be a modern Assassin..

I have a feeling that's actually how watch dogs started out... and I'm okay with that.

dogziler
03-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Just release a range of pure action/stealth AC games under the 'Abstergo Entertainment' title - BE any Ancestor .....in a range of adventures - Canon constraints & plot crashes no longer become a problem .
Allow almost everything / anything the animus can make possible - Full character customisation - height / build / race , It's just a videogame product sold to us by Abstergo.

I'd prefer the Spin off sideline range - rather than ruining the main AC saga in order to appeal to a wider market.

or insted of any ancestor be one of a select few. that's what id like. to have 3/4 ancestors, with the same game play. it would be assassins creed vault:1

Farlander1991
03-16-2013, 12:05 AM
I would much, much prefer if Ubi did historical action/adventure games with no AC, rather than AC games with no history. Things like Robin Hood, The Last of the Mohicans, Three Musketeers, Gladiator etc etc (not doing these exact franchises, but similar themes). I have zero interest in a modern AC game.

Well, I don't think Ubi will do any historical action/adventure games with no AC in the near future. I mean, it really is a gold mine in a sense that, you don't have to create and promote a new IP for every game that takes place in a vastly different historical period. It can take place at any time and place, and still make sense in being a single franchise. And I don't think they will ever do a pure modern day AC game, so you don't have to worry about that :D

Rugterwyper32
03-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Assassin's Creed Pinball

You know it has to happen

Megas_Doux
03-16-2013, 12:06 AM

This!
Love to see a Robin Hood game based on AC's mechanics..

ze_topazio
03-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Assassin's Creed Pinball

You know it has to happen

Assassin's Creed Pro Skater

Layytez
03-16-2013, 02:19 AM
At this point in time i'm just here for the historical adventure. My modern day interests have moved onto Watch Dogs...godammn does that thing look beautiful.

LoyalACFan
03-16-2013, 03:10 AM
I have a feeling that's actually how watch dogs started out... and I'm okay with that.

Yeah, the way I see it, Watch Dogs basically IS an AC spin-off.

Spider_Sith9
03-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Yeah, the way I see it, Watch Dogs basically IS an AC spin-off.

Eh, I would say that if you weren't playing as a Hacker.

LoyalACFan
03-16-2013, 04:56 AM

Seems to me like the hackers are basically the new Assassins in the world of Watch Dogs. In the extended cut of the E3 demo, you can see a bunch of other hackers appear on the map as blips; my theory is that they're a hacker syndicate who eventually recruit Pierce to fight crime a la Person of Interest.

pirate1802
03-16-2013, 05:01 AM

You think Assassins aren't hackers? What does Shaun do in his spare time? :|

RinoTheBouncer
03-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Watch Dogs IS in fact a Modern Day Assassins game.
I just wanna explore more from the franchise of AC itself in games that don't affect the overall reputation of the series. It doesn't have to be modern. Let's say a Templar Order game that tells the story of Haytham. It's point is to tell story just like Desmond's Journey and The Lost Archive. They had nothing to do with AC gameplay style but the point was the narrator's speech.

pacmanate
03-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Assassin's Creed AT THE OLYMPICS

Rugterwyper32
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Even better, Assassin's Creed Party, just stab whoever stole your star

Man, that reminds me of how Mario Party causes good friends to turn into mortal enemies

Sushiglutton
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
assassin's creed at the olympics

better with kinect!

ze_topazio
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Assassin's Creed Karting

InfectedNation
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Rather than making a new game for every area of the universe, it would be nice to see Ubisoft continuing to develop it across multimedia like they did with Daniel Cross and Nikolai Orelov. We also had Embers, Lineage, Bloodlines and Liberation. As well as the web-based Project Legacy and Initiates.
I really hope these things aren't dropped as they really enrich the whole AC universe and sate the appetites of many fans while the devs work on new games.

EDIT: And Forsaken - I loved that one.

And yes, I left out Altair's Chronicles, Discovery and Ascendance for a reason - they sucked pretty bad. Don't even get me started on the canon-ignoring french comics.