PDA

View Full Version : Altair, Maria, The Pirates and Black Flag

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey Everyone,
I may be late to discover or mention this as many of you might already know. I just bought all 5 AC novels for my iPad and I'm almost done with The Secret Crusade. When they mention that Maria and Altair were wed in Cyprus, they also mention that they proposed a toast to the Pirates. The pirates were also mentioned earlier, halfway through the book after Altair reached Cyprus (after the events of AC1 ended).

What I'm thinking is, even though I'm well aware of the vast time gap. Maybe somehow, Altair will have played a role in recruiting Edward to the Assassins. Maybe he'll find artifacts or read journals and make parts of Altair's life playable just like AC:R. Maybe just a little mention to him since he was probably the assassin with the biggest role in reforming and re-inventing the brotherhood along with Ezio, 3 centuries later so maybe this mention and praise to the pirates might have led them to believe in the assassins since then and have some sort of symbiotic relationship, mutual respect or both.

Maybe it's an old story to all of you since I'm obviously late in getting all novels, but I didn't notice a similar subject being posted so thought I'd share and discuss.

Scystab
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Nah i doubt that.
The pirates that Altair met had a completly different role. They were probably named pirates by the author to make them sound like nothing but trouble, yet altair still managed to get help from them.

But hey, what you are saying is not total nonsense :) I'll write you an apologise PM if it happens :)

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Nah i doubt that.
The pirates that Altair met had a completly different role. They were probably named pirates by the author to make them sound like nothing but trouble, yet altair still managed to get help from them.

But hey, what you are saying is not total nonsense :) I'll write you an apologise PM if it happens :)

Hey it's cool, my friend.
We're only here to share our different, crazy, farfetched opinions, aren't we? :P

I will do the same, if it doesn't xD
I'm agree with your idea as well but I thought mentioning Eve in AC:B was just ramblings of a mad man and in Liberations they brought up Eve again so I thought the AC team might do such thing and reference something from a novel or a hidden note in the game...etc.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Maybe not relive Altair`s life, but it IS possible that Edward may have run into some Altair artifacts...

Ezio encounters pirates as well and one of them saves his life, but I doubt that has much to do with the pirates of Cyprus...

The Assassins were known to align themselves with factions of "ill-repute". to most of society at least...

Thieves, Mercenaries, Courtesans and now Pirates...gotta love the ambiguity..

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Maybe not relive Altair`s life, but it IS possible that Edward may have run into some Altair artifacts...

Ezio encounters pirates as well and one of them saves his life, but I doubt that has much to do with the pirates of Cyprus...

The Assassins were known to align themselves with factions of "ill-repute". to most of society at least...

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Maybe not relive or anything but just a mere mention or link between the two like "Once upon a time, our ancestors were allies with your grand master Altair...etc."

silvermercy
03-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Interesting observation concerning the pirates... who knows?

lol We should speculate about such associations appearing in future games. I vote for drug-lords. xD

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Interesting observation concerning the pirates... who knows?

lol We should speculate about such associations appearing in future games. I vote for drug-lords. xD
Or the Mafia...

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Or the Mafia...

Ninjas and the Mafia sound interesting.