PDA

View Full Version : New Assassin's gameplay thoughts

T-Revorsaur
03-15-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed games, played the first one and I've never looked back. There are a few things that bug me about the game though and I'm hoping by posting here, maybe something might happen for Black Flag.

I'm a huge fan of stealth games and gameplay and that's how this game sort of started out and I feel it's moving into more of an action base (which isn't bad) but I'd like the option to change up my play style at will. Something like being armed to the teeth really doesn't make sense to me in a game where you're supposed to be in the shadows. What I'm proposing is the option of being able to remove weapons in areas where stealth is key thereby making it easy to blend and making it tougher for enemies (guards) to spot you and vis versa (more weapons higher chance of being spotted and guards will react quicker to your presence). Last I checked you don't walk down the street with two swords and four pistols and no one takes notice (or in real life carrying several unconcealed weapons down the streets of a busy city, someones going to notice and try and stop you). I like the hidden blades for their stealth capability no one is going to think you're a threat if they can't see any weapons on you and then bam they just got stabbed and don't know what happened better yet no one around knows what happened either and you can make your escape.

I have a big issue with notoriety system in AC3 specifically I feel like guards pop out the walls just to fight you for what seems like no good reason. I'll be walking and all of sudden I'm in a battle with guards that shouldn't have been able to see me and then I'm fighting like 15 guys at once. Where did they come from? How were they notified? Do these guards have radios in the mid 1700's capable of alerting all nearby guards where I currently am? I felt the guard alert system and notoriety was done a lot better in AC2 and I think because of the way it is AC3 it once again makes stealth difficult.

Also the blue hiding spot dots were taken off the mini map in AC3 which isn't a huge deal it just makes escapes a little longer than they should if the camera didn't pan enough while taking a corner.

I'm not sure if this post is in the right area for the good people at Ubisoft to notice but if you happen to know where to send this to get it seen and at least put in the back of someones mind for the future development of this games series I think fans would greatly benefit. Also if you (the reader of this post) can think of anything else, attach it to the post. I hear tell game companies like to listen to fan feedback if it's constructive and not full of hate. :p

BATISTABUS
03-15-2013, 01:22 AM
A huge problem I have with AC3 is that running around the city is NOT fun. I'm talking about just running around without an objective. Guard are far to aware of where you are if you do cause a problem, there aren't many places to hide, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to run on roofs for more than 5 seconds without causing a problem.