PDA

View Full Version : Would you like Christina-like missions in AC4,exploring Edward's past life and love?

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Since we are being introduced to Edward first during the beginning of his pirating days, they should (or probably already have) create missions about Edward's more "modest" days when he was a privateer who only aimed to prove himself worthy to his unworthy love interest and it should end when his love interest leaves him for another man, or when he is relieved from services as a privateer, possibly marking his loathing for humanity and the beginning of his selfishness. The only reason why this might not be a thing is because they'd have to recreate parts of Bristol which might prove time-consuming and of no benefit towards the main game. If the Ubisoft devs have some extra time on their hands, would you like to see it happen? I think the Christina missions really added to our liking for Ezio, his hidden internal struggles and the sacrifices he makes because of his ties to the brotherhood. Just like Ezio's, such missions might help us to see the soft side of Edward add an emotional layer to his character as well .

nitres15
03-14-2013, 10:44 PM
i like this ideá, though i wouldn´t have to about a love interest

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Even though I have severe problems with the Cristina missions in ACB, I like the idea of "repressed memories". OTOH, if full sync isn't going to be a part of AC4, we would have to do something else to get rewarded with extra missions. I'd rather have them be about something other than a love interest, maybe something from Edward's childhood or something instead.

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Even though I have severe problems with the Cristina missions in ACB, I like the idea of "repressed memories". OTOH, if full sync isn't going to be a part of AC4, we would have to do something else to get rewarded with extra missions. I'd rather have them be about something other than a love interest, maybe something from Edward's childhood or something instead.

It doesn't matter, really. I only said love interest because it's why he joins the navy in the first place. I'd be satisfied if they just showed us past sequences of his life which eventually led him to become the selfish, cocky bastard he is, most probably linked to his privateering career.

dxsxhxcx
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Since we are being introduced to Edward first during the beginning of his pirating days, they should (or probably already have) create missions about Edward's more "modest" days when he was a privateer who only aimed to prove himself worthy to his unworthy love interest and it should end when his love interest leaves him for another man, or when he is relieved from services as a privateer, possibly marking his loathing for humanity and the beginning of his selfishness. The only reason why this might not be a thing is because they'd have to recreate parts of Bristol which might prove time-consuming and of no benefit towards the main game. If the Ubisoft devs have some extra time on their hands, would you like to see it happen? I think the Christina missions really added to our liking for Ezio, his hidden internal struggles and the sacrifices he makes because of his ties to the brotherhood. Just like Ezio's, such missions might help us to see the soft side of Edward add an emotional layer to his character as well .

[probably some SPOILERS from the book AC Forsaken]
IMO anything related to character development is benefitial to the main game, just look at some people complaining because we weren't able to see a bigger part of Connor's training to become an Assassin, maybe show his entire life before he become a pirate would be too much, but I would like to see what kind of relationship he had with his daugher and ex-wife, they could focus in the years after Jenny's birth until his ex-wife leave him, and use repressed memories to do it IMO would be perfect because this way it wouldn't distract us that much from the main plot..

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
[probably some SPOILERS from the book AC Forsaken]
IMO anything related to character development is benefitial to the main game, just look at some people complaining because we weren't able to see a bigger part of Connor's training to become an Assassin, maybe show his entire life before he become a pirate would be too much, but I would like to see what kind of relationship he had with his daugher and ex-wife, they could focus in the years after Jenny's birth until his ex-wife leave him, and use repressed memories to do it IMO would be perfect because this way it wouldn't distract us that much from the main plot..

Such events wouldn't make sense under the the category of false memories. They would just be more sensible if presented within the identification of side-missions( which maybe only played during a certain sequence for added realism).

Gil_217
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Some repressed memories of Eddie banging dem .....?

I'll admit it, it has some potential.

dxsxhxcx
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Such events wouldn't make sense under the the category of false memories. They would just be more sensible if presented within the identification of side-missions( which maybe only played during a certain sequence for added realism).

false memories? I'm sorry but I didn't get it, what repressed memories have to do with false memories?

pacmanate
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I dont think we need them/ they wont have the same impact.

The reason I think they worked well in Brotherhood was because we played some background story in AC2 and were very attached to Ezio by Brotherhood as we had 2 games. Having to see Edwards past love interest wouldnt be very interesting tbh.

Sushiglutton
03-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Sure, why not. I liked the Christina missions and I wouldn't mind something similar in AC4 :). But I also want to be a pirate so don't go overboard with it.

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
false memories? I'm sorry but I didn't get it, what repressed memories have to do with false memories?

Sorry, I meant repressed memories. These memories usually occur in the past, not like this situation where the events are parallel to the main game, which would render using these wife-missions as senseless under the category of repressed memories.

dxsxhxcx
03-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Sorry, I meant repressed memories. These memories usually occur in the past, not like this situation where the events are parallel to the main game, which would render using these wife-missions as senseless under the category of repressed memories.

do we know in which year Edward had his daugher and if this was before or during AC4? I didn't read AC Forsaken, I just got this info from wiki some days ago, I'll see if I can find more info about it.. but if these events will happen during AC4 then I agree with you.. :)

Gil_217
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
do we know in which year Edward had his daugher and if this was before or during AC4? I didn't read AC Forsaken, I just got this info from wiki some days ago, I'll see if I can find more info about it.. but if these events will happen during AC4 then I agree with you.. :)