PDA

View Full Version : Patrice is back. Ubisoft confirm

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 08:00 PM
for full story please enter to www.vg247.com sory i dont post link i am from my phone is first news

D.I.D.
03-14-2013, 08:03 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/14/4104556/acclaimed-game-designer-desilets-returns-to-ubisoft-after-thq-collapse

No link to an official confirmation, just a report of one?

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
tanks bro for link i am from the phone. patrice come one back to the assasins creed. you are the best creative dir.ector for ac

silvermercy
03-14-2013, 08:07 PM
So 1666 is part of the acquisition: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/14/what-is-1666
What's the Underdog project??

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 08:17 PM
So 1666 is part of the acquisition: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/14/what-is-1666
What's the Underdog project??
we dont know but i am prety sure is a good game . is a codname.for the new project
. and creative director is patrice

ACfan443
03-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't care what anyone says, he graced us with Assassin's Creed, one of my favourite video game franchises. He has a very creative mind and I admire him very much for that. I can't wait to hear more about 1666 and whatever 'underdog' is.

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 08:34 PM
The man certainly did make the best AC games to date. Although it's unfortunate that he won't work on his personal jewel, I'm excited to see what game this genius is making.

dex3108
03-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Yessssssss :D Welcome back boss :D I am really glad that he is back and that Ubisoft offered him what he wanted :D

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't care what anyone says, he graced us with Assassin's Creed, one of my favourite video game franchises. He has a very creative mind and I admire him very much for that. I can't wait to hear more about 1666 and whatever 'underdog' is.

yes i have right. i am very happy because is back . i am pretty sure the 1666 is a game for next gen console

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
But I guess it's a bit sad, that he'll never have a soul. You go Yves.

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM

yep

kriegerdesgottes
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
YAY! That's all I have to say. I hope they treat him and his franchises better this time.

ProletariatPleb
03-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Are you the guy that keeps joining chat as "Frost" and never says anything?

ACfan443
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
YAY! That's all I have to say. I hope they treat him and his franchises better this time.

If they become successful, then the inevitable will happen....

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/9/12/1347465574181/Yves-Guillemot-009.jpg

Bastiaen
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Well this is exciting... I look forward to hearing more about 1666...

pacmanate
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Next AC being worked on right now then I guess.

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Next AC being worked on right now then I guess.

Most likely, but I doubt Patrice has anything to do with it. He's already busy with two other projects ATM, if he ever returns to AC it will probably be several years from now.

pacmanate
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Most likely, but I doubt Patrice has anything to do with it. He's already busy with two other projects ATM, if he ever returns to AC it will probably be several years from now.

I thought those other two projects were on hold? It depends if Ubisoft pick them up or not.

lothario-da-be
03-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I thought those other two projects were on hold? It depends if Ubisoft pick them up or not.
I think, if 1666 is a historical game they will make it into an ac game. Because if they don't it could hurt its own and the new ac its sales.

pacmanate
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I think, if 1666 is a historical game they will make it into an ac game. Because if they don't it could hurt its own and the new ac its sales.

True, they dont need to games dealing with history, they would be competing against themselves.

dewgel
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
As much as I love AC, too many fans worship him. Just because he started Assassin's Creed doesn't mean he's the genius behind it. Jade Raymond was just as much to blame for it's awesomeness.

The only reason everyone loves Patrice is because it was a fresh slate, a new game series. Who's to say he would've done any better on any of the games that came out now? Who knows.

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
True, they dont need to games dealing with history, they would be competing against themselves.

That's silly. So if a company has two games set in WW2, one being an FPS and the other a strategy game, one of them has to go? It all depends on what type of game we're talking about. Patrice left Ubisoft and AC behind for a reason, I doubt he would immediately move on to do something that was an exact clone of AC.

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
As much as I love AC, too many fans worship him. Just because he started Assassin's Creed doesn't mean he's the genius behind it. Jade Raymond was just as much to blame for it's awesomeness.

The only reason everyone loves Patrice is because it was a fresh slate, a new game series. Who's to say he would've done any better on any of the games that came out now? Who knows.

Didn't Jade Raymond already leave the AC series before AC2 came out? And AC2 turned out to be the most critically acclaimed game in the series so far. I'm sure she was important to the series' conception, but Patrice was the driving creative force behind the first two games.

dewgel
03-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Didn't Jade Raymond already leave the AC series before AC2 came out? And AC2 turned out to be the most critically acclaimed game in the series so far. I'm sure she was important to the series' conception, but Patrice was the driving creative force behind the first two games.

I'm not sure, but I agree, he was the creative force behind the 2 best games, but again, who's to say he would've continued that driving force?

freddie_1897
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
The great fire of London was in 1666

just sayin'

Gil_217
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM

She was the executive producer of AC2.

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I agree, he was the creative force behind the 2 best games, but again, who's to say he would've continued that driving force?

I would only want Patrice back on AC if he himself wanted to work on it again. His departure was a great loss to the series as he stood firmly behind some of the core concepts like player freedom and stealth, but if he's lost the desire to go back to the series, I would hate to see him forced into it. I'd rather he spend his time and creativity on other, more original projects that he still has passion for.

Sushiglutton
03-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I just hope they let him finish his 1666 project at old THQ Montreal. If he came back to AC I doubt he would get the freedom to shape it the way he wants to anyway (I mean tha't why he left in the first place). My worry is that 1666 is a historical action/adventure game somewhat similar to AC and that Ubi therefor decides to axe it. I guess we will find out this E3 perhaps, or whenever Patrice is allowed to give an interview :p

The great fire of London was in 1666

just sayin'

Rumour is it will be set in Amstersdam. THQ registered a number of domains: 1666Amsterdam.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/1666amsterdam.com), 1666TheGame.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/1666thegame.com) (source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/25/thq-registers-saints-row-1666-domains).

twenty_glyphs
03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
I hope Patrice gets to bring 1666 or whatever he's working on to fruition as its own creation. If 1666 really is a historical game, I really hope Ubisoft doesn't try to shoehorn it into the AC brand. And as tempting as it would be to see him fix Assassin's Creed, I really think that's beyond hope now. Or at the very least, the original vision for Desmond's story is over and it's better to just move on. The constant yearly games will also take their toll on the franchise no matter who's directing the games. Since I'm getting fatigued with AC, I would prefer to see Patrice create something else new and original to experience. I remember seeing a quote from him just before starting at THQ where he joked that after so much assassinating, his next game might not involve killing at all. How refreshing that would feel if it came true.

For those of you arguing about Patrice's importance to the series, just look at the quality of the games and the story since he left the franchise and Ubisoft. He left just as it became clear that Ubisoft was intent on milking AC for a new game every year, so it's also reasonable to assume that might have been involved in his decision (though obviously not certain). You can disagree about the quality of Revelations and AC3, or argue that a lot of their problems were caused by not having enough development time. But it's pretty clear that the series began to take a major stylistic turn after Patrice left. For some people, it's better. For a lot of us, it's worse than when he was at the helm. When he first left, I didn't know enough about him or the series to care too much. But after seeing two games without him, it's hard not to think of what might have happened if he had stayed.

AlexEzio89
03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
i hope patrice maybe adviser for actual and next assasins creed creative director for future ac. i am pretty sure patrice not back to ac maybe adviser

TheHumanTowel
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM

Wasn't Jade Raymond just a producer? I don't think she had much involvement on the creative or game design side.

ze_topazio
03-14-2013, 10:13 PM
I hope he makes a new Prince of Persia.

hoodrat94
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
I think a good assassin's creed is on the way people!

ACfan443
03-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I think a good assassin's creed is on the way people!

That's only if he chooses to work on it, and isn't restricted on story and gameplay direction.

Besides, several AC sequels have probably already been planned for for release over the next few years.

Farlander1991
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
I hope Patrice doesn't come back to AC (or if he does, as a consultant AT MOST). Don't get me wrong, the dude is great, and AC1 is my favourite game of the series (mostly due to the experience it provides and that's mostly thanks to Patrice). But, there's this thing, it's called moving on. Very important in creative professions, especially after you've left a project/series.

Also the reason, for example, why I don't want Ron Gilbert taking back control of Monkey Island series.

And when it comes to the future of AC... I think it's pretty safe to say that AC4 will be a good representation of which direction the series is heading towards.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 12:44 AM
The Official Patrice Desiletts worshiping thread...

ACfan443
03-15-2013, 12:52 AM
The Official Patrice Desiletts worshiping thread...

He's just so awesome :D

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 12:58 AM
He's just so awesome :D
I know...just keep going...this thread is....good:rolleyes:

souNdwAve89
03-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Wasn't Jade Raymond just a producer? I don't think she had much involvement on the creative or game design side.

Yeah, she was a producer, but also the main face of the first Assassin's Creed. When you do a Youtube search for "Assassin's Creed 1 interview", Jade Raymond is usually the one giving the answers. After all the dumb things that happened (not surprised from immature gamers *roll eyes*), Patrice became the face for AC2. I'm sure Jade Raymond did have a hand in the creation of the game, but we won't know how much. The main three core figures behind the creation of the franchise are Corey May, Jade Raymond, and Patrice Desilets.

It is cool to see Desilets back, but I hope he is not working on any upcoming AC game since he left for a reason. I am not saying I wouldn't want him to come back since he will always be a good addition. I am more curious to know what he was working on at THQ.

yly3
03-15-2013, 04:24 AM

Dude, the guy diserves all the credit for creating something different ! Different, that's the main thing. After he left AC has been anything but different or any good. Just (sometimes) decent fillers, a shadow of what it used to be.
The guy's a hipster indie-rocker fascinated by ethical issues and history and exploration. Basically what AC1 and AC2 had. Although I consider only AC1 his soulful project. In AC2 you could tell UBI execs were pushing it to make it more mainstream apealing.

I respect the guy more than the entire AC teams post-him.
Sometimes achievements speak more than anything.

AlexEzio89
03-15-2013, 05:17 AM
i am curios what games is 1666 but i dont think we see this year to E3