PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Ashraf Ismail and derby Mcdevit

MasterAssasin84
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Just thought i would share this with the rest of the community here is a very interesting interview with the lead developers as to why they chose pirates on the next setting, they talk about how the game has been development since 2011 and more interestingly why this time round they did not want a noble character as they felt it detaches the player from the storyline .

<b>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&amp;NR=1&amp;v=acgJE1wKzE8

ProletariatPleb
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I think this and the other GameInformer video were posted already.

shobhit7777777
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
This video made me feel good. Instilled confidence.

The buzz words are there and I'm liking what they are saying...but I'm not buying it yet

Soulid_Snake
03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
This video made me feel good. Instilled confidence.

The buzz words are there and I'm liking what they are saying...but I'm not buying it yet

"The proof is in the tasting"

Rogue Agent 035
03-15-2013, 04:03 AM
OK so which is fact er fiction? I'm refferring to a comment one of those gents made using the buzz word "Saga" earlier on in I believe the very same interview. Now if I'm not mistaken a saga is 3 games/books/movies what have you, but also remember ubi saying that after Ezio's saga/trilogy, they were no longer gonna spend that much time with a character. So if they are intending on doing a a "Kenway Saga" as the gent implied, why on earth would they say basically one game per character?

LoyalACFan
03-15-2013, 05:55 AM
OK so which is fact er fiction? I'm refferring to a comment one of those gents made using the buzz word "Saga" earlier on in I believe the very same interview. Now if I'm not mistaken a saga is 3 games/books/movies what have you, but also remember ubi saying that after Ezio's saga/trilogy, they were no longer gonna spend that much time with a character. So if they are intending on doing a a "Kenway Saga" as the gent implied, why on earth would they say basically one game per character?

A saga isn't necessarily three installments. Besides, the Forsaken novel could be seen as Haytham's chapter of the saga, or if they really do intend to continue the with the Kenways, they could make a game about Connor's son/daughter experiencing the War of 1812/Trail of Tears.

BATISTABUS
03-15-2013, 06:02 AM
The AC team has always been extremely passionate about the game they're making. They do their research and they work their *** off. They have a strong vision, and they usually have a good idea of what the fans want. This is what gets gamers so hyped about the AC games, and possibly what gets them so disappointed later on. This all sounds wonderful and I respect the team so much for what they're doing, but I can only hope it ends up being as good as it's sounding now.

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
The AC team has always been extremely passionate about the game they're making. They do their research and they work their *** off. They have a strong vision, and they usually have a good idea of what the fans want. This is what gets gamers so hyped about the AC games, and possibly what gets them so disappointed later on. This all sounds wonderful and I respect the team so much for what they're doing, but I can only hope it ends up being as good as it's sounding now.

I totally agree with this.
Both hype and past success is what leads to disappointment in newer installments/release of any artwork be it music, film, video game, painting...etc.

Erindesh
03-15-2013, 10:39 AM
1:12 fighting , climbing .....s ss stealth (who needs stealth when you have swag?)