PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the Past... re "That flag" in AC1

blacklimoband
03-14-2013, 05:34 AM
You guys know the one I'm referring to.... I have the entire series on Steam, and decided to play thru AC1 again just for fun. I don't recall if I ever collected this flag on the PC version cos I also have all of the series on Xbox :/

Anyhoo, problem is when I try to make that horrible jump, no matter what I try Altair seems to hit an invisible barrier about 2 feet from the last pillar and drops straight down. Is anyone else having this happen? It's also happened in the cities several times jumping from one building to another. BTW, I do know how to get this flag, and I am up to the 9th assassination mission, I'm more interested to see if the "invisible wall" thing is happening to anyone else, particularly on PC.

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
You could have as well told us which flag you're referring to... I can only assume you're talking about the one on top of the ruins in the Kingdom?

If it's the one you mean, you have to jump towards the pillar from on top of the highest wall, then press Shift to grab on to the pillar. Alta´r won't grab hold of it automatically.

jester2587
03-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Yea, i've tried this like 20 times and met with no luck. This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPMWt27YnA is the flag I'm trying for and I don't see any wall close enough to jump from to the top of that pillar. Only the way the video depicts seems like it would work....on to attempt # 21...ugh

blacklimoband
03-17-2013, 05:11 AM
You could have as well told us which flag you're referring to... I can only assume you're talking about the one on top of the ruins in the Kingdom?

If it's the one you mean, you have to jump towards the pillar from on top of the highest wall, then press Shift to grab on to the pillar. Alta´r won't grab hold of it automatically.

That's the one :) And yeah, I do the grab thing, as I was saying in my post though it's like there's an invisible wall just before the pillar cos Altair's forward motion stops dead before he's in grabbing distance and he drops straight down. It's also happened jumping between buildings in cities on the odd occasion. I've got this flag a few times on the Xbox version, this is the first time I've tried on the PC.

Koursus
07-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Sorry to revive this dead topic four months later but I just had this problem and wanted to share the solution for anyone playing AC on PC for the first time. Mostly just for completionists but you need to turn on Vertical Sync in the graphical options menu. It will remove the "invisible barriers" the game forces on you when you make very long vertical jumps or falls.