PDA

View Full Version : New power in TOKW

kuled2012
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6MemKYswo
Looks cool!

rupok2
03-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Looking pretty badass tbh. I think this will be more fun than the wolf powers.

Megas_Doux
03-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Cool!

ACfan443
03-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice! :D

ProletariatPleb
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/59727_537416216299364_1564326355_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/600418_537416169632702_972272988_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/419993_537416252966027_1317790902_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/734325_10200807779139532_535021968_n.jpg

SleezeRocker
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
finally! Air Assssinate/Eagle dive like a Mutha boss!! lol

D.I.D.
03-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Or "Blink", as some of us know it ;)

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Exactly, though I think that we'll have more control over it rather than just setting a linear path and going there. I'm stoked.

ProletariatPleb
03-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Speaking of that, new DLC where we play as Daud :D

And Eagle air assassinate seems interesting.

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Speaking of that, new DLC where we play as Daud :D

And Eagle air assassinate seems interesting.

I'd heard rumors about that dlc... When does it release? I'm just struggling with the challenge maps... They make Batman Arkham City's challenge campaigns look easy!!! I just want to have all the achievements again!!!

ProletariatPleb
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd heard rumors about that dlc... When does it release? I'm just struggling with the challenge maps... They make Batman Arkham City's challenge campaigns look easy!!! I just want to have all the achievements again!!!
Let's not go offtopic, but anyway

It's not a rumour, they posted on their official Facebook page. DLC for Dishonored will be hitting streets on April 16th. This new DLC will be called The Knife of Dunwall, will cost $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) and will allow players to take on the role of Daud, the mysterious assassin who killed the Empress at the beginning of Dishonored.

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Let's not go offtopic, but anyway

It's not a rumour, they posted on their official Facebook page. DLC for Dishonored will be hitting streets on April 16th. This new DLC will be called The Knife of Dunwall, will cost $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) and will allow players to take on the role of Daud, the mysterious assassin who killed the Empress at the beginning of Dishonored.

Super cool. Anyway, I'm really stoked to try out the power of the eagle. Do you think we're invisible when we do it? Like the wolf, only you're flying? Do you think it will cost life? What do you guys think the strength of the bear will be?

SixKeys
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Super cool. Anyway, I'm really stoked to try out the power of the eagle. Do you think we're invisible when we do it? Like the wolf, only you're flying? Do you think it will cost life? What do you guys think the strength of the bear will be?

The strength of the bear allows you to kill several enemies in the vicinity with one blow. All the powers sap away some of your health as long as you're using them.

Not sure if I will enjoy this as much as the Wolf Cloak but it still looks pretty cool.

pacmanate
03-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Washington just went APE. Seriously, his face.

And I am not buying another AC DLC until we can turn into a rabbit.

VitaminsXYZ
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
YOU CHEATED!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/734325_10200807779139532_535021968_n.jpg

pacmanate
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
^ The woman at the back is like "Hmm, I have no legs."

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Washington just went APE. Seriously, his face.

And I am not buying another AC DLC until we can turn into a rabbit.

The power of extremely rapid reproduction....

pacmanate
03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
The power of extremely rapid reproduction....

Connor? Reproduction? Don't make me laugh!

ProletariatPleb
03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Connor? Reproduction? Don't make me laugh!
He's talking about Washington's face.

pacmanate
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
He's talking about Washington's face.

Oh hahahaha

WalSwJan
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Thats is awesome!

WarlordSpinal
03-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Alright, at first i wanted to create my own thread addressing this but...

Why are there so many cranky people complaining that these new powers ruin the realism/immersion of the game? I mean seriously? The entire modern day story with the pieces of (magical) eden and ancient alien-like civilizations didn't ruin it for you? Or how about an entire mission near the end of Brotherhood that lets you absolutely devastate everything with the apple of eden?

I'm extremely annoyed by all the commenters (On YouTube specifically. The forums seem to be much more mature and understandable on the subject, unsurprisingly since we're talking about YouTube here.) that go on and on how it just doesn't fit and that it looks "stupid".

Like, how?

The powers are brand new mechanics to the series. They are something fresh and FUN. Not only that, but DLCs for games in general very rarely deliver new mechanics and ways to play the game. So for AC3 to get such a new set of abilities is great.

Fanboy mode: Off.

VitaminsXYZ
03-13-2013, 09:25 PM

Why are there so many cranky people complaining that these new powers ruin the realism/immersion of the game? I mean seriously? The entire modern day story with the pieces of (magical) eden and ancient alien-like civilizations didn't ruin it for you? Or how about an entire mission near the end of Brotherhood that lets you absolutely devastate everything with the apple of eden?

I'm extremely annoyed by all the commenters (On YouTube specifically. The forums seem to be much more mature and understandable on the subject, unsurprisingly since we're talking about YouTube here.) that go on and on how it just doesn't fit and that it looks "stupid".

Like, how?

The powers are brand new mechanics to the series. They are something fresh and FUN. Not only that, but DLCs for games in general very rarely deliver new mechanics and ways to play the game. So for AC3 to get such a new set of abilities is great.

Completely agree. You bring up some good points as well, seeing as how ever since the first Assassin's Creed, we've already been dealing with mysterious ancient artifacts left behind by a hyper-advanced alien race. These powers are limited to this specific DLC anyways, which is an alternate reality and meant to be a little over-the-top. It's not like Edward Kenway is suddenly going to have underwater echolocation abilities in Black Flag.

Mr_Shade
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
People were complaining?

Looks like people going 'OMG WOW!' to me? :)

Sushiglutton
03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Cool stuff! Looking forward to playing this DLC after Steam summer sales ;)!

silvermercy
03-13-2013, 09:36 PM

Like, how?

Yes! Totally! I think the same people frequent on AC's facebook wall, too. lol
It's always the same story on repeat. Like "waaa!! Wolf powers are unrealistic! I thought AC was about being realistic!! This succckss!! I won't play this!" Yeah, because Juno, the Apple and haystacks are realistic... lol

It's obvious they haven't even played the DLC to see how it's explained. Sometimes I feel like they're a big team of trolls. If they're AC fans, I hope for their sake they're no older than 13 year-olds (and they shouldn't be playing AC in the first place!).

VitaminsXYZ
03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
People were complaining?

Looks like people going 'OMG WOW!' to me? :)

Mostly youtube/facebook comments. There are definitely more people who like it than complain about the powers, but it's still kind of strange how seriously some of them take a franchise that has a sci-fi background to begin with.

Perk89
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Oh CRAP. FREAKIN FINALLY.

FINALLY.

WE FINALLY HAVE THE URGE TO BEAT THE CRAP out of the losers who screw and cheat you over in these ******ed board games. Finally.

I cannot tell you how much I wanted to murder some of those clowns.

pacmanate
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I havent really seen any people complaining either. I have to agree with Mrs Shade. All I see are people going "WOOO EAGLE DIVE INTO DOUBLE STAB"

montagemik
03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
I havent really seen any people complaining either. I have to agree with Mrs Shade. All I see are people going "WOOO EAGLE DIVE INTO DOUBLE STAB"

You mean the point & Teleport into Assassination move ? .............. Yep , - That was fun to do in TENCHU as well .
Along with every other ability & weapon the AC games added' throughout the series

Be interesting to see the full distance/ range the eagle can cover in one jump/teleport

The only major feature they haven't taken from Tenchu - Is JAPAN so far :rolleyes: ( Dragon/Bear strength coming next TOKW 3 & poison blow pipe/ trap setting in AC4 )

rupok2
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM
I have seen people complaining but those are the people that think every video game should be realistic even tho its a video game.

Farlander1991
03-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Just because we have a world with futuristic artifacts left from a technologically advanced long-gone civilization doesn't mean that ANYTHING goes. Each world has it's own bar of how much disbelief can be suspended based on the rules set in its world.

The rules of artifacts from a technologically advanced long-gone civilization were put in place since the first game. As was stuff like Leap of Faith. So anything that's derived from that falls into the 'willing suspension of disbelief'.

But stuff like 'drink tea to transform into an eagle' is clearly a lot above the suspension of disbelief bar based on the rules of the world that have been set, even though technically speaking it is just as impossible.

So, yeah. In terms of how the powers fit into the AC lore... they don't. That's why we have them in an alternate reality rather than the 'real' AC world.

I-Like-Pie45
03-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Cool, the Eagle Power kinda looks like it will function like Batman's grappling hook in Arkham City; hopefully it will be just as fun.

montagemik
03-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Cool, the Eagle Power kinda looks like it will function like Batman's grappling hook in Arkham City; hopefully it will be just as fun.

I was hoping we'd be able to cover large distances as the eagle - like the spirit flight with Juno .

TheHumanTowel
03-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Just because we have a world with futuristic artifacts left from a technologically advanced long-gone civilization doesn't mean that ANYTHING goes. Each world has it's own bar of how much disbelief can be suspended based on the rules set in its world.

The rules of artifacts from a technologically advanced long-gone civilization were put in place since the first game. As was stuff like Leap of Faith. So anything that's derived from that falls into the 'willing suspension of disbelief'.

But stuff like 'drink tea to transform into an eagle' is clearly a lot above the suspension of disbelief bar based on the rules of the world that have been set, even though technically speaking it is just as impossible.

So, yeah. In terms of how the powers fit into the AC lore... they don't. That's why we have them in an alternate reality rather than the 'real' AC world.
This. It seems a lot of the people here saying "There's magic apples of course it's not realistic lolz" Don't understand the concept of suspension of disbelief. You've got to obey your own universes rules. The powers just about get a pass from me because there's clearly something weird going on with the whole DLC.

I-Like-Pie45
03-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Seems that we can discern from the trailer that "stopping executions" may be one of the random events added in this part.

PandaPuff86
03-14-2013, 03:35 AM

My exact frustration for my failed attempts at the Original Gamer trophy back when the game was released. Anyway I really am looking forward to the second episode.

pirate1802
03-14-2013, 03:40 AM

Mrs. Shade LOL

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Now this is something I'll use! I'll be honest, I never used the invisibility nor the wolf pack outside of when I had to, but this looks a lot more fun.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Lets hope we can beat people with boards who cheat us in board games.
Looking forward to The Betrayal,and Benjamin Franky is a baddie?Looks like we have to save him from Mad King Georgie's grasp.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-14-2013, 06:47 AM

Sorry for double post,but yeah,these are my thoughts.Powers were added only to the Alternate Reality,the game would suck if the real AC world had it.

WarlordSpinal
03-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Suspension of disbelief in the main story is fine with me.

However, when people go out of their way to complain and literally just spit all over something new and unique (To the series, at least) that's in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE that does not mess with the core lore or story, this is what annoys me to no end.

And no, most of them actually aren't even trolls. They're just very misguided and uninformed about the whole thing. Attempts to explain it to them results in them being completely childish or otherwise defensive whilst not even giving valid points or reasons as to why they're so hateful towards change and trying new things.

I'm mostly talking from a purely gameplay-based perspective now. Assassin's Creed has evolved a lot gameplay-wise, sure. But there weren't really any new gameplay mechanics that changed how you play a certain style.

For example, the power of the wolf has changed stealth a TON now. It'll make you think and time precise movements between hiding point to hiding point, without draining away all of your health and dying in the process.

I can imagine the eagle power will spice up the way you move around quite a bit, too. Especially looking forward to the special assassination you can perform whilst transformed.

montagemik
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Lets hope we can beat people with boards who cheat us in board games.
Looking forward to The Betrayal,and Benjamin Franky is a baddie?Looks like we have to save him from Mad King Georgie's grasp.

After we save Him , We have to fly around as an eagle & collect 500 Almanac pages for old Benny boy :rolleyes:........... Maybe , possibly ............. It'll be the design recipe for a 'Benjamin Franklin' Tea strainer - So we can make stronger Herbal spirit TEA in part 3 TOKW. :D