PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Ubisoft expand the base game?

theJOKER501
03-13-2013, 05:20 AM
First off I loved the game, but I feel that the whole TOKW thing is crap. Seriously what was the purpose of building the homestead, and upgrading The Aquila? Once you got everything settled in and ready to go, bam the game is over and there's nothing left to do. Assassin's Creed 4 looks awesome, I loved being out in the ocean, but I feel like I got screwed on AC3, especially on buying the season pass. Bottom line AC3 was good but the story was kinda lame and TOKW has got me feeling sore in the rear(if you know what I mean).

I just can't shake the feeling that the AC series is turning into a money hungry prostitute!

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 05:35 AM
Well...I disagree on everything, really..

I thought AC III`s story was great, buying the season pass without researching what you`re buying is really your fault and ToKW is awesome. best DLC in the series so far... doesn't have to expand the main game to be good for me...I enjoyed the story AND powers...

theJOKER501
03-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Buying the season pass was definitely my fault, but I thought that it would continue the base game(again I know I should have researched it some more). Can you honestly pick the game up and play it right now? What would you do? Especially if you have already beat the game.

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 05:43 AM
Buying the season pass was definitely my fault, but I thought that it would continue the base game(again I know I should have researched it some more). Can you honestly pick the game up and play it right now? What would you do? Especially if you have already beat the game.

I search for the sidequests I left, 100% missions, then start a new save :D

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 05:45 AM
I`ll be honest with you, I was completely turned off by the lack of random quests. I pick up RDR till now for this...I generally pick up AC games for free roaming or replay...

At least ToKW has SOME random events and quests, but they`re not as varied as RDR

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Well...I disagree on everything, really..

I thought AC III`s story was great, buying the season pass without researching what you`re buying is really your fault and ToKW is awesome.
best DLC in the series so far... doesn't have to expand the main game to be good for me...I enjoyed the story AND powers...

Really ? dont shoot me down M LOL !! but admitingly i thought The Bonfire of the Vanities was much better up untill now , but thats going by the first instalment, i am going to wait until i have played every episode to make my final judgement but from what i have played AC2'S DLC is better at the moment.

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Really ? dont shoot me down M LOL !! but admitingly i thought The Bonfire of the Vanities was much better up untill now , but thats going by the first instalment, i am going to wait until i have played every episode to make my final judgement but from what i have played AC2'S DLC is better at the moment.
Eh different tastes I guess...

While Bonfire of the Vanities had arguably the best example of enjoyable Assassination mission design, i didn't really like it as I did the Infamy...The infamy, although short, took me to another world. It has the best AC moment for me..

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Eh different tastes I guess...

While Bonfire of the Vanities had arguably the best example of enjoyable Assassination mission design, i didn't really like it as I did the Infamy...The infamy, although short, took me to another world. It has the best AC moment for me..

Infamy was very unique i give that but as you say Bonfire of the vanities Assassination gameplay was fantastic , as i said though i will be reserving my final judgement untill i play every instalment.