PDA

View Full Version : thank the Goddess it was free

IceTigerEyes
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
because i would be raging all the more if i had payed for it, I WILL NOT be purchasing any ubisoft games for years, they will have to work hard to get my trust back.

I am so sick and tired of the xbox ports, it wouldnt be so bad if they actually made it playable on the pc, but they dont, they leave in all the xbox controls and with out that controller it is increadibly difficult to play. the last full version game i purchased from ubisoft was ghost recon future warrior, and it was 2 months late, and 2 months more before it was even somewhat playable, because of the ****ed xbox controller crap. that was the first ubi game i had purchased in years, and i was skeptical of doing so, and they have justified my opinion.

i got AC3 with a video card, the game has been out for four months, and it i cannot play it, because i dont have an xbox controller, thats because i dont have a ****ed xbox, i have a PC, what a frakin waste, and i will be spreading my disappoint far and wide.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

lasha7716
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
you dont need xbox controller to play AC3 i'm playing it with keyboard mouse

Roanark
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Go buy one, it's like $20 for an off-brand wired controller from GameStop and it's how I play all my games that support controller use.
The keyboard and mouse were not created for gaming, you have to get used to that or buy something easier to use.

bveUSbve
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Of course the game should be playable with keyboard/mouse. I can imagine that Ubisoft didn't bother to optimize for these, since they don't really care about PC-players.

However, I generally play with the XBox Controller, as long as no exact (and difficult/fast) aiming is required. It took me some time to get used to it, but now it feels "natural". And in fact the controller not only is what many games are intended for these days, due to their analogue sticks there are some real advantages - in appropriate games: 3rd person perspective, no shooters.

In case you consider buying one: I would go for the original XBox Controller. It just works - whereas my former Logitech Controller needed additional fiddling more often than not to work properly.

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I never had even the slightest problem playing with kb/m setup..

IceTigerEyes
03-13-2013, 10:32 AM
how about they just port the game correctly, i have a pc, i dont have that much extra money to blow on a controller, i dont want to buy a controller, if i did, i would buy an xbox and be done with it

bveUSbve
03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Ok, you don't have the money and you don't want a controller.

But - one day you may have more money, and then a powerful PC (probably..) will STILL be superior to consoles, and a controller may STILL be the "best" input device to use with games like AC ... (Even if a game is properly ported for keyboard+mouse.) ;)

rmartinezdl
03-14-2013, 01:05 AM
i feel ya bro, but you did not wasted $50