PDA

View Full Version : Ok is this new modern day hired Agent going to.. Well mean anything??

Legendz54
03-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Ok so apparently the modern day section will be first person.. Which I don't like, They have also said that modern day characters from the previous games may return in AC4, which I do like.. But what I'm dying to know is if this hired Agent will play any significant part in the story, will he just be a (filler) until the next hot shot modern day guy comes around? Or is he more special than we thought? What are your thoughts?
Did we actually get any confirmation of this first person thing or was it just a rumour that turned into fact?

lasha7716
03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
i think he wont play any big part in game also he wont have his unique personality because he meant to be player who plays game so he must fit on everybody.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Ok so apparently the modern day section will be first person.. Which I don't like, They have also said that modern day characters from the previous games may return in AC4, which I do like.. But what I'm dying to know is if this hired Agent will play any significant part in the story, will he just be a (filler) until the next hot shot modern day guy comes around? Or is he more special than we thought? What are your thoughts?
Did we actually get any confirmation of this first person thing or was it just a rumour that turned into fact?

I belive this first person rumor came from a journalist who discussed this with member of the ubi team at the AC conference so its not confirmed but i am leaning towards something to do with Erudito.

Legendz54
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I belive this first person rumor came from a journalist who discussed this with member of the ubi team at the AC conference so its not confirmed but i am leaning towards something to do with Erudito.

Ah wait a second.. I remember it now, just as you said it came from a journalist talking to a ubisoft member, he suggested to ubisoft to do it in first person and they thought it was a good idea, the rumour sort of evolved from there. I really hope they give this guy meaning.. I mean its a perfect set up, low grade Templar who doesn't know much is converted to the Assassins with his own team like Shaun, Rebecca, Lucy. And he is the one who wil stop Juno, this is the best way it can turn out for me. As I can almost guarantee another game after this.

Lass4r
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
It's definitely confirmed. http://youtu.be/RmbffZp_8Lg?t=6m37

6 minutes and 50 seconds in.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Ah wait a second.. I remember it now, just as you said it came from a journalist talking to a ubisoft member, he suggested to ubisoft to do it in first person and they thought it was a good idea, the rumour sort of evolved from there. I really hope they give this guy meaning.. I mean its a perfect set up, low grade Templar who doesn't know much is converted to the Assassins with his own team like Shaun, Rebecca, Lucy. And he is the one who wil stop Juno, this is the best way it can turn out for me. As I can almost guarantee another game after this.

It would be logical if the player is going to be the Protaganist i am thinking ?

Legendz54
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
It would be logical if the player is going to be the Protaganist i am thinking ?

They could make US the player but it doesn't make sense, we probably wouldn't get much dialogue, and I can't stand another TLA first person. I just hope it all works out.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 11:52 AM
They could make US the player but it doesn't make sense, we probably wouldn't get much dialogue, and I can't stand another TLA first person. I just hope it all works out.

Again i am seriously thinking if we the player will be then protaganist then we will be communicating with members of Erudito, in terms of character interaction it will proberbly be in the form of emails, computer teminals but valid point about conversasions with NPC'S how would that work ?

dxsxhxcx
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
like someone suggested, unless they do something really cool involving Erudito I doubt the modern days will have any importance in AC4, (IMO) it'll probably be as worse as ACR's modern day segments where the characters talk but don't say anything

Rogue Agent 035
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
It's definitely confirmed. http://youtu.be/RmbffZp_8Lg?t=6m37

6 minutes and 50 seconds in.

Nowhere in that entire section of Q/A did I hear that it was confirmed as first-person only you as the player, but I musta missed somethin, But... (an please someone chime in an correct me if I'm wrong) didn't the devs say after the failed attempt in ACR with Desmond's Journey an the Lost Archieve DLC that they were no longer going to develop first person platform sections within the AC franchise?

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Nowhere in that entire section of Q/A did I hear that it was confirmed as first-person only you as the player, but I musta missed somethin, But... (an please someone chime in an correct me if I'm wrong) didn't the devs say after the failed attempt in ACR with Desmond's Journey an the Lost Archieve DLC that they were no longer going to develop first person platform sections within the AC franchise?

Yes i heard that from the lead writer so that is true.

Admitingly desmonds Journey was terrible.

Rogue Agent 035
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes i heard that from the lead writer so that is true.

Admitingly desmonds Journey was terrible.

Cool...., So if a first-person part is a no go..., why not just make a 3rd person model that we customize ourselves, apply actor VO or we use our own voices (If kenect is applied) then go from there.

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Cool...., So if a first-person part is a no go..., why not just make a 3rd person model that we customize ourselves, apply actor VO or we use our own voices (If kenect is applied) then go from there.

Probably involving too much work in what is like 2-3 hours max in a 30-35 hour game..

Actor VO costs time and money. Having three different VOs mean thrice the cost and effort. Not worth it imo.

Rogue Agent 035
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Probably involving too much work in what is like 2-3 hours max in a 30-35 hour game..

Actor VO costs time and money. Having three different VOs mean thrice the cost and effort. Not worth it imo.

True...., I suppose that why THQ went belly up as what I was referrin to was similar to what they did in saints row: the third, but with an AC style twist, but like youi said...., cost money an too time consumin

LightRey
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
The agent is you. He's probably not going to get any background of significance at all. It's to help with immersion, allowing you to pretend you started working at Abstergo.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM

As awesome as that sounds can you imagine how much work that would involve ? as much as ubi are advanced i dont think that they are that far ahead.....( i could be wrong ? )

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
The agent is you. He's probably not going to get any background of significance at all. It's to help with immersion, allowing you to pretend you started working at Abstergo.

But the question is how is the interaction with Abstergo employees going to work from the Protaganist point of view.

LightRey
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
But the question is how is the interaction with Abstergo employees going to work from the Protaganist point of view.
I doubt it will go beyond a business-attitude. You will likely be addressed with a designation (not unlike Subject 17 was used for Desmond). It will likely be no different from the way your character is treated in the MP story.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM

^This. The only official mention of 1st person was a journalist asking if it would be first person, and the dev saying something like "Wait and see."

pacmanate
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I thought we were hired by Abstergo? Thats what I heard anyway, we are the modern day protagonist.