PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate treasure I want to find in this game.

Perk89
03-12-2013, 03:06 AM
Is something we should have had way before now, and frankly, if Ubi hears me, says "wow, what a swell idea, let's do that," I'll be simultaneously excited and disappointed that this awesome treasure in Edward, who, due to the nature of his occupation, just doesn't feel as deserving as the previous protagonists. What is this awesome treasure I speak of, Im sure youre asking??

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Assassins-Creed-Movie-Sword-of-Eden-515x286.jpg

Yes, yes, brilliant and awesome looking, I know. Except here's the problem: We haven't heard much of it here lately. I mean we've been playing games with economy systems that allow us to purchase a variety of cool swords, but somehow Ubisoft hasn't given us the chance to use this puppy? It would have been a perfect fit in AC3.. In fact,.. come to think of it.. there's still some empty room in the armory.. Perhaps..

Anyways. It's time. Who cares if it may be overpowered. That'll make it that much more fun. Last we heard of the Sword, is that it was stolen by French Templars form Joan of Arc, and probably stashed in 15th Ubisoft Headquarters. So, with the whole "european colonization of the new world" thing going on shortly after that, it makes a whole lot of sense it could find itself on a boat heading west, and with a little bit of narrative, end up in a treasure box somewhere for us to find.

Or. Who knows. Maybe the treasure chest we'll be diving for to prevent the Spanish Templars form taking will house the Sword, and it will be the key weapon to defeating Juno. Maybe this whole entire game is about finding that Sword so we can beat her, and I just ruined the game for every single one of you. In which case, I have no apologies. That'd be like the 5th time Ubi went with that "find the ancient dues ex machina of eden" plot line with the Animus anyways, so hopefully I'm calling them out on it early to go back to the storyboard and give us something a little more original.

So, Sword of Eden. That's what this post is about.

itsamea-mario
03-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Problem is, the sword isn't just a really good sword, Like the apple, like the staff it has special powers. I'm not sure it's made clear what those powers are, but a lot of the people who have wielded swords of Eden end up leading great conquests.

Perk89
03-12-2013, 04:41 AM
That's a good thing. Adds a neat gameplay dynamic.

xx-pyro
03-12-2013, 06:56 AM
No thanks. the less PoE's I get to personally use the better. It doesn't even look good in my opinion.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-12-2013, 07:06 AM
PoE should not be utilized for the rest of the game,it should be like they added the PoE for just 4 missions in Brotherhood.PoE parts interest me alot only in historical sections,since it has people wielding technology of the next 20 centuries at an old time.

Assassin_M
03-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Not really heavy on the idea...What ? more power ?

Meh..

roostersrule2
03-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Nah, POE's should be for story only, ACB proves they should never be in gameplay.

Perk89
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Nothing about the previous games has any bearing on the sword. In addition to the fact that using the Apple was nothing more than a fun, brief, divergence from gameplay designed to enhance the story, to compare it to the Sword is apples to oranges.

The Sword could serve an actual, functional, standard gameplay purpose-it would function as a sword-you know those things we carry around in every AC game. The only difference is that it could also have an entertaining, neat, useful but limited side effect.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Nothing about the previous games has any bearing on the sword. In addition to the fact that using the Apple was nothing more than a fun, brief, divergence from gameplay designed to enhance the story, to compare it to the Sword is apples to oranges.

The Sword could serve an actual, functional, standard gameplay purpose-it would function as a sword-you know those things we carry around in every AC game. The only difference is that it could also have an entertaining, neat, useful but limited side effect.

Similar to the Dagger of Brutus or the Ishak Pasha Armor. Functional, with passive gameplay improvements (like the shard of eden).

Perk89
03-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey this guy gets it. The only difference is that I'd want it to light up. It'd seem more awesome that way.

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Nah, POE's should be for story only, ACB proves they should never be in gameplay.

This!

AjinkyaParuleka
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Similar to the Dagger of Brutus or the Ishak Pasha Armor. Functional, with passive gameplay improvements (like the shard of eden).
Dagger of Brutus or the Pasha armor wasn't Piece of Eden.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey this guy gets it. The only difference is that I'd want it to light up. It'd seem more awesome that way.

That would be perfect... It would make more sense than some unknown dagger scaring the crap out of guys. Plus it would remind me of the Unicorn cheat from ACB :)

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I think it would be a little OP to have as a permanent weapon. This isn't one of those secondary POEs like the Shard of Eden, this is one of the ones people used to conquer nations. Maybe just as a small section near the end of the game or just a bonus unlockable as a cheat.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I think it would be a little OP to have as a permanent weapon. This isn't one of those secondary POEs like the Shard of Eden, this is one of the ones people used to conquer nations. Maybe just as a small section near the end of the game or just a bonus unlockable as a cheat.

Or [Gasp!] Abstergo is searching through Edward's memories to find the location of the Sword so that they can defeat Juno, and subsequently subjugate the entire human race.

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Or [Gasp!] Abstergo is searching through Edward's memories to find the location of the Sword so that they can defeat Juno, and subsequently subjugate the entire human race.
Those nefarious fiends!

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Those nefarious fiends!

They never do give up :)

HeedfulMass4856
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I like to feel like I'm a god, so I would love to use POEden to manipulate people to do WHATEVER I want (yup, I'm talking about the two ladies in the bed).

LoyalACFan
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
I like to feel like I'm a god, so I would love to use POEden to manipulate people to do WHATEVER I want (yup, I'm talking about the two ladies in the bed).

Hey, neat :nonchalance:

But no, I wouldn't want this. It's not just an awesome sword; as others have pointed out, it's been used to conquer nations. Frankly, using it as a normal sword in melee combat would cheapen its power. Unless it was just a one-off like the Apple in ACB.

ze_topazio
03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
The sword of eden is a piece of eden and a sword, i expect it to be able to cut anything and maybe emit slashes of compressed air or energy that cut anything on his path.