PDA

View Full Version : Lost 360 controller

emmyrn
03-12-2013, 12:01 AM
I played ac3 with no problem using my 360 controller. 2 things happened, I upgraded to win 8 and got the DLC. Now, the game SEES the controller as an option but accepts no INPUT from the controller, either in the main game or the Tyranny DLC. Any suggestions? BTW, the controller works fine with all of my other games on Steam.

Mr_Shade
03-12-2013, 12:30 PM
I played ac3 with no problem using my 360 controller. 2 things happened, I upgraded to win 8 and got the DLC. Now, the game SEES the controller as an option but accepts no INPUT from the controller, either in the main game or the Tyranny DLC. Any suggestions? BTW, the controller works fine with all of my other games on Steam.
hi there,

since you say you updated to Windows 8 - did you also install the device driver for the Xbox 360 controller?

Some games maybe able to use it with the native windows driver, however some may require the official driver.

I would suggest trying to install the driver - if you didn't already.

Failing that - contacting support - the pad issue is not a common one though, so I personally don't think it's related to the DLC - since no one else has complained, however it's worth checking!

Roanark
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
So what you're saying is when you go to your in-game control options it sees the controller, accepts it, but does not accept any input from the controller? You're certain you have clicked the option for the controller, the game is set to use the controller, that option is highlighted, but there isn't a response... Right?
If it works on all other games then I really think you just haven't actually selected the option, if you start the game with your controller unplugged even once you have to go through your settings and choose the controller, as it does not automatically do so when you plug it in.
I've had this issue a couple times and was very confused the first time.