PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - What would you want To See Or Do In The Free Roam?

AssassinGame1
03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
I would like to see a trailer on the free roam to sum up all questions we have on it, what I'd like to do is many wall flips during free roaming on rooftops to avoid gun fire.

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
I'd like to see more rooftop gameplay in general. It wasn't really AC3's fault, since it accurately represented the architecture of the time, but I never felt like the rooftops were a viable or practical option.

monster_rambo
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I would like to see a trailer on the free roam to sum up all questions we have on it, what I'd like to do is many wall flips during free roaming on rooftops to avoid gun fire.

Wall flips? That sounds like prince of persia. I imagine an assassin would get from point A to point B as efficiently as possible so I doubt we would be doing any flips. If they want free roam more engaging, they need better side missions like the ones from ACB and ACII so it doesn't get boring. Have better upgrading system like the one in Tomb raider where it is actually useful to upgrade something, and probably explorations/ tombs (longer length like lairs of romulus), subject sixteen type puzzles, better modern story (missions outside animus),...etc.

ajl992008
03-11-2013, 11:31 PM
the main thing for me is the locations, they need to be designed well, ac has been fine in this aspect for the most part, ac3 had some issues but i still enjoyed it but I can't lie that it could have been better, I enjoyed the most roaming around in revelations, the design of the city was amazing, ac2 and ac1 was good too, i hated roaming around acb though, hated rome, but since it is the acr team working on this and the location is more exotic i'm sure it will lend itself to be more like a traditional ac location in terms of design.

Escappa
03-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Well, in the trailer it looks like good old flat roofs are back :D

monster_rambo
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
One of the biggest problems with ACIII is that the streets are simply too wide so there is no need to freerun on rooftops. Enemies are simply too easy, pass-throughs are placed in the most awkward positions, and there is really no need to run away from enemies in the first place since you could take them all down. If they want to make freerunning fun, then there shoud be a need to run away from enemies in the first place.

mazohystic
03-12-2013, 04:57 AM
I want to climb ALL the things.

mattduck69
03-12-2013, 05:19 AM
I agree that its all based down to the architecture of the building and considering theyve said they have gone back to ac2 type buildings, im sure it will all be fine.
OH and they better still have tree running! heard somewhere on these forums that there wont be?

ArabianFrost
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd like the world to have more interactive tools that add to the steatlh and combat experience, sort of like how the lifts aided in your escape and hay bales aid in stealth, but with more variety. It would also add to the open-ended mission direction. Maybe like interactive barrels that you can use as a distraction, then blow them up when the enemy AI is near them.

TheBearJew32
03-12-2013, 09:31 AM
i'll tell you what i'd like to hear...and that is some signature AC ambient music while free roaming dangit

helloSmurfz
03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I'd like to be exploring islands, or the cities and have NPC's have random encounters with you, maybe someone drunk looking for a fist fight.
Since the addition of children into the series, maybe parents could get split from their children or child and ask you to find them?
Random various encounters which happen out of the blue would make the game feel more lively and interactive, and even after 100% completion these encounters still pop up, so you won't get bored whilst exploring or roaming around the world.
I'd also like to see references from other Ubisoft games, and games / series / movies in general. Easter Eggs and such would make the game better. :D
Oh, and more about Captain Kidd ! Not sure how he would come into ACIV, but possible references from NPC's saying things as such " did anyone find that treasure of kidd's?".
:P

MaPk0
03-17-2013, 12:31 AM
there will be tree running, i have seen it one a screenshot :D

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Random events

Random events

Random events

roostersrule2
03-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Random events

Random events

Random eventsThey said they want the Pirate theme used as much as the cowboy theme was in RDR, RDR has random events, so by my logic this game will have random events.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
They said they want the Pirate theme used as much as the cowboy theme was in RDR, RDR has random events, so by my logic this game will have random events.
By logic ? by factual evidence, ACR and AC III were supposed to have random events....wont believe it until I see it from someone who played the game

roostersrule2
03-17-2013, 12:56 AM
By logic ? by factual evidence, ACR and AC III were supposed to have random events....wont believe it until I see it from someone who played the gameACR had random event, TOKW had like 3 random events if they keep multiplying will be at 9 by The Betrayal, 27 by The Redemption and a staggering 81 by AC4, I can 100% confirm this wont be the case.

Assassin_M
03-17-2013, 12:58 AM
I can 100% confirm this wont be the case.
Thank you, sir for that very accurate conclusion :|

ACfan443
03-17-2013, 12:58 AM
I want ambient music present in free roam, in ALL locations.
Also, I want to see cities with the density and verticality of AC1 and AC2, which will make for better rooftop navigation; it was something that felt absent in AC3. Havana looks promising :)

Soulid_Snake
03-17-2013, 02:42 AM

Wall flips is cool, it could get you out of a dead end, when being chased by a enemy(s)! I wanna see a beautiful city, with tall architecture and rooftops, which can be traversed.

TheBearJew32
03-17-2013, 03:25 AM
By logic ? by factual evidence, ACR and AC III were supposed to have random events....wont believe it until I see it from someone who played the game

You mean someone who has played the retail version of course...

AdamPearce
03-17-2013, 03:52 AM
I'd like to have more obstacles to pass over like the little walls in AC3. I want cause I really like the little animation when you pass over them. And I would like to have like little streets full of it, parkour spots in a way that we could use to runaway or simply having fun. I would also like the possibility to pass over a wall on a roof and fall on the other one downer. Cause we can't do it in AC3 and it's sucks cause it would be a very nice trick.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh..we should have more things you can slide under,more chase breakers,they are real fun.

EllisEverTellYa
03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
I want to go whaling.;)

SNAKE EYEZ94
03-17-2013, 05:13 PM
To put in the game I suggest having a new weopon. I suggest a ball n chain type of weopon except its like a rubber band thing that replaces the chain. You could throw it out of your wrist and it wraps around someone's neck and then you yank it back into your wrist sending the person flying towards you and also braking there neck.

SNAKE EYEZ94
03-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Also PLZ try not to make this game do glitchy!!!! I just become a fan of AC because of AC3 and let me tell ya it's by far the glitchiest game I have EVER played!

ajl992008
03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
considering this is the first "complete open world" in ac with no loading screens I would expect it to expand on it's world to make it feel more alive, random events is a must this time around, they have promised it for 2 games now which is ridiculous so they need to deliver on it this time around.

poptartz20
03-18-2013, 09:05 AM
I would like to see more obstacles also, with a game like this I think there is much to explore but the ball is in ubi's hands to make it work.

Ezio270
03-18-2013, 04:39 PM
i would like to see Random Events

Megas_Doux
03-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Random events!
Background music!!!!

And please Ubi, keep the parkour animations of Connor!

lothario-da-be
03-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Ambient music
Random events
GOOD side quests
collectables
hunting
challenges

RinoTheBouncer
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd like to be able to do entertaining missions, errands. Maybe they don't sound so Assassin-like but they can be just fun and optional.

Reyemla
03-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I think I read in an IGN article that the game would feature something called a 'Horizon' system, which would allow Edward to climb into the crow's nest and use his spyglass to spot things in the distance at any time while aboard the Jackdaw. There would always be at least 2 to 3 things the player could do, ranging from defending a merchant ship to attacking a Spanish galleon. While this sounds cool, I'm not sure it's a legitimate random event system. It sounds like these events are generated whenever you use the spyglass, so they aren't really random. Perhaps they'll be random in what type of event they are?

sajber00
03-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Would be nice with non assassin missions. The homestead missions showed that Connor had a life besides the assassins. They should do that with Edward too. "Flirt with at least three girls on the bar in five minutes." "Drink ten beers" etc.

lothario-da-be
03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Would be nice with non assassin missions. The homestead missions showed that Connor had a life besides the assassins. They should do that with Edward too. "Flirt with at least three girls on the bar in five minutes." "Drink ten beers" etc.
LOL, just LOL