PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Franchises

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I thought it would be fun to see what the other member's favorite franchises are. Let's go with top 3, in order.
Mine are:
1. Assassin's Creed
2. Batman Arkham
3. Mass Effect

I have a feeling that Watch Dogs might (gasp! blasphemy!) take my #1 spot this fall, but we'll have to wait and see. AC might keep it and Batman might get bumped down. Also, Watch Dogs might suck (yeah, right).

Rugterwyper32
03-11-2013, 09:13 PM
1. Castlevania
2. Metroid
3. Assassin's Creed

Other favorite series are the Sonic series even though it's had some really, really low points (Sonic 06 UUUGGGHH), Fallout and Hitman.

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:22 PM
1. Castlevania
2. Metroid
3. Assassin's Creed

Other favorite series are the Sonic series even though it's had some really, really low points (Sonic 06 UUUGGGHH), Fallout and Hitman.

Love Castlevania, and I have a love/hate relationship with Hitman.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I`m not really much of a franchise guy anymore; maybe when I was younger, but not now...the only 2 franchises I follow closely are GTA and AC, but it`s solely because they`re all very good games..

When I was younger..

1- Crash Bandicoot
2-Spyro the dragon
3-Digimon

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I`m not really much of a franchise guy anymore; maybe when I was younger, but not now...the only 2 franchises I follow closely are GTA and AC, but it`s solely because they`re all very good games..

When I was younger..

1- Crash Bandicoot
2-Spyro the dragon
3-Digimon

Sadly I never played any of those. I as a loyal Nintendo fan until they spurned me by creating the Wii.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Sadly I never played any of those. I as a loyal Nintendo fan until they spurned me by creating the Wii.

Then your childhood has missed a lot of awesome moments:p

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Then your childhood has missed a lot of awesome moments:p

Sad panda... I was often jealous of those guys on the Playstation. I switched to microsoft mostly to be able to play AC.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Sad panda... I was often jealous of those guys on the Playstation. I switched to microsoft mostly to be able to play AC.

Oh you`re in the US ??:rolleyes:

You people tend to get anything microsoft too much...:p

but yeah..the PS did have a lot going for it...my first console was a PS1

Rugterwyper32
03-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I personally have stayed with Nintendo since the Gamecube for the exclusives, but I grew up on Sega consoles. Got an Xbox360 for RE5 (which turned out rather disappointing) but then I got into many great series so I don't mind.
I've played the Spyro series thanks to my girlfriend, but I don't own a Sony console myself.

Aphex_Tim
03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
In no particular order, and more than three:
-Assassin's Creed
-Battlefield
-The Elder Scrolls
-Fallout
-Prince of Persia
-Uncharted
-The Darkness
-Borderlands
-The Legend of Zelda
-Guitar Hero (sue me)

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh you`re in the US ??:rolleyes:

You people tend to get anything microsoft too much...:p

but yeah..the PS did have a lot going for it...my first console was a PS1

It's true, though it does mean that most of us are using compatible software. I recently became acquainted with the awesomeness of linux. Back on topic.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:40 PM
It's true, though it does mean that most of us are using compatible software. I recently became acquainted with the awesomeness of linux. Back on topic.
More franchises

Settlers
Dragonball Z
Harvest moon

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:42 PM
In no particular order, and more than three:
-Assassin's Creed
-Battlefield
-The Elder Scrolls
-Fallout
-Prince of Persia
-Uncharted
-The Darkness
-Borderlands
-The Legend of Zelda
-Guitar Hero (sue me)

Lots of really good stuff. I used to be a huge Zelda nerd. I also used to absolutely love splinter cell. Prince of persia was my favorite once too.

I never understood the draw of Harvest Moon.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I never understood the draw of Harvest Moon.

I love farms:p

I also adore the sense of progression...I simply like building ANYTHING...City building, village building, farm building and simulation...

Which reminds me..

Tycoon

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I love farms:p

I also adore the sense of progression...I simply like building ANYTHING...City building, village building, farm building and simulation...

Which reminds me..

Tycoon

You should move to Logan then...

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 09:56 PM
1) Batman Arkham, 2) Max Payne, 3) Mirror's Edge (one 3h game is perhaps not enough to be called a franchise :) )

Then there are a ton others I like too like Assasin's Creed, GTA, God Of War, Uncharted, The Witcher, Portal, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Zelda etc etc. There are too many great games out there :).

misterB2001
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Assassins Creed
Final Fantasy
Zelda

Followed closely by Uncharted

monster_rambo
03-11-2013, 10:07 PM
1) zelda
2) super mario world
3) donkey kong country

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 10:12 PM
1) Batman Arkham, 2) Max Payne, 3) Mirror's Edge (one 3h game is perhaps not enough to be called a franchise :) )

Then there are a ton others I like too like Assasin's Creed, GTA, God Of War, Uncharted, The Witcher, Portal, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Zelda etc etc. There are too many great games out there :).

Tons of great choices! I didn't really like Max Payne 3. It was super repetitive. By the time I reached the end, I just wanted to be done. Not a feeling I want when playing a game.

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Tons of great choices! I didn't really like Max Payne 3. It was super repetitive. By the time I reached the end, I just wanted to be done. Not a feeling I want when playing a game.

My main problem with 3 was that there were way too many cutscenes which disrupted the gameplay flow. I think it was a trick they used to hide loading times for the extremely detailed enviroments. But cutscenes to open doors is just too tedious. That said I still loved the game. Fantastic atmosphere with extremely detailed levels (the favela was my favourite). And Max was his cynical self spewing awesome quotes all over the place. The shootouts are incredibly satisfying imo. AI is great, pieces of the enviroment flies everywhere, the impact when you hit an enemy is over the top brutal in a good way. The soundtrack is one of the best ever imo. To me it didn't felt repetitive, but I can understand that it could.

My overall favourite MP is 2 though. Insanely good game when it came out (the shooting has not aged that well sadly). I can't wait for Sam Lake's next work :).

freddie_1897
03-11-2013, 10:29 PM
-Elder Scrolls
-Assassins creed
-Fallout

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
My main problem with 3 was that there were way too many cutscenes which disrupted the gameplay flow. I think it was a trick they used to hide loading times for the extremely detailed enviroments. But cutscenes to open doors is just too tedious. That said I still loved the game. Fantastic atmosphere with extremely detailed levels (the favela was my favourite). And Max was his cynical self spewing awesome quotes all over the place. The shootouts are incredibly satisfying imo. AI is great, pieces of the enviroment flies everywhere, the impact when you hit an enemy is over the top brutal in a good way. The soundtrack is one of the best ever imo. To me it didn't felt repetitive, but I can understand that it could.

My overall favourite MP is 2 though. Insanely good game when it came out (the shooting has not aged that well sadly). I can't wait for Sam Lake's next work :).

I thought it was weird thought that topless strippers/prostitutes got the game a partial nudity rating descriptor instead of a nudity descriptor. Dead or Alive=Partial Nudity, Mass Effect=Partial Nudity, yet Max Payne 3=Partial Nudity? Those were nipples. That's nudity. ESRB is weird.

I love the Elder Scrolls series. They really had something with Skyrim. My first four playthroughs all glitched fatally. I had one play where I got to level 78 after 150+ hours of play, then hit a glitch. I recently went back and fixed that one. Felt great to get my character back.

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
I thought it was weird thought that topless strippers/prostitutes got the game a partial nudity rating descriptor instead of a nudity descriptor. Dead or Alive=Partial Nudity, Mass Effect=Partial Nudity, yet Max Payne 3=Partial Nudity? Those were nipples. That's nudity. ESRB is weird.

I love the Elder Scrolls series. They really had something with Skyrim. My first four playthroughs all glitched fatally. I had one play where I got to level 78 after 150+ hours of play, then hit a glitch. I recently went back and fixed that one. Felt great to get my character back.

I haven't checked ESRB, but that sounds inconsistent. I actually have never played Skyrim, have to check it out some day.

silvermercy
03-11-2013, 10:42 PM
1. Tomb Raider
2. Dead Space
3. Assassin's Creed (even though I curiously spend most of the time on this franchise... hmmm...)

(Runner ups: 1. Uncharted 2. Bioshock 3. Fallout)

Aphex_Tim
03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Lots of really good stuff. I used to be a huge Zelda nerd. I also used to absolutely love splinter cell. Prince of persia was my favorite once too.

Yes, I forgot to put Splinter Cell on my list; that should also be there! :)

FirestarLuva
03-11-2013, 10:51 PM

When I was younger..

1- Crash Bandicoot
2-Spyro the dragon
3-Digimon

Lol, same when I was younger, except I liked Spyro a little more than Crash. Did you play their last games in 2008?
As for favourite franchises at the moment, AC and Elder Scrolls.

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
1. Tomb Raider
2. Dead Space
3. Assassin's Creed (even though I curiously spend most of the time on this franchise... hmmm...)

(Runner ups: 1. Uncharted 2. Bioshock 3. Fallout)

I know what you mean. Sometimes I spend way more time playing games that aren't my favorite. That's because I absolutely love achievements.

AssassinGame1
03-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Here are mine from most to least favorite

- Assassin's Creed
- Call Of Duty
- Batman Arkham
- Halo

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Lol, same when I was younger, except I liked Spyro a little more than Crash. Did you play their last games in 2008?
As for favourite franchises at the moment, AC and Elder Scrolls.
I just happened to get Crash first then Spyro..that`s why I like crash slightly better...

I stopped playing crash after of the titans. It didnt feel like the same game anymore as a result I did not get any more Spyro games after a Hero`s tail after I learned that Spyro is getting the same revamp...

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Here are mine from most to least favorite

- Assassin's Creed
- Call Of Duty
- Batman Arkham
- Halo

2 of my 3... Does anybody love Mass Effect?

emperior
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
1 - FIFA
2 - Assassin's Creed
3 - Call of Duty
4 - Grand Theft Auto

FirestarLuva
03-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I just happened to get Crash first then Spyro..that`s why I like crash slightly better...

I stopped playing crash after of the titans. It didnt feel like the same game anymore as a result I did not get any more Spyro games after a Hero`s tail after I learned that Spyro is getting the same revamp...

I agree about the Titans, but it was still awesome to play. The last one, Mind over mutant I think it was, was open-world but I hated how they did the cutscenes, and the whole riding mutants was even more over-used..
As for Spyro, the new trilogy was rather awesome, story was more epic, but they changed Spyro and Hunter's appearance a lot, first and second game of the trilogy were linear, the final one was again open-world, kinda, the newest feature being you can fly at any time not just glide and there's also co-op. You should look them up, especially the last one, it's available on all consoles, minus PC. I'd recommend it, if you're thinking about going back to playing some of those games, if you haven't grown out of them. :)

VitaminsXYZ
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM

I do!
I have too many, so here are just a few, in no particular order:
-Mass Effect
-Assassin's Creed
-Final Fantasy
-Portal
-CoD (especially the WWII ones. I'm a sucker for anything WWII)

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I agree about the Titans, but it was still awesome to play. The last one, Mind over mutant I think it was, was open-world but I hated how they did the cutscenes, and the whole riding mutants was even more over-used..
As for Spyro, the new trilogy was rather awesome, story was more epic, but they changed Spyro and Hunter's appearance a lot, first and second game of the trilogy were linear, the final one was again open-world, kinda, the newest feature being you can fly at any time not just glide and there's also co-op. You should look them up, especially the last one, it's available on all consoles, minus PC. I'd recommend it, if you're thinking about going back to playing some of those games, if you haven't grown out of them. :)
I`m sure all the games were awesome to play, but I just hated the drastic revamp...it`s like...everything was changed...I thought it was rather unnecessary and I never grow out of games xD I just forget about them...I might look them up if i`m feeling up for it...currently I don't have that much free time, but i will soon...spring break maybe..

More franchises..

Ape Escape
Tekken
Anno

ajl992008
03-11-2013, 11:28 PM
1) assassins creed
2) prince of persia
3) call of duty
4) uncharted

those are my main franchises, they are games that I would definitely get (except if the game seems bad but i haven't had that problem yet)

then I just play any other game here and there but those 4 are the main series that I'm very invested in, prince of persia was very big in my childhood and was the reason i got into assassins creed as i was told it was similar to prince of persia. i've loved every prince of persia and hope they will make another one in the sands of time universe soon, I prefer the old prince to the new one but thats just my opinion. AC is my favourite series due to it's amazing story and fantastic gameplay, I play call of duty for its great gameplay but been a bit burnt out on it as of late, and uncharted is just amazing in all aspects and I can't wait for naughty dog to announce uncharted 4.

Goxxi
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
The Witcher
Batman Arkham
Metal Gear Solid
Mafia
GTA
Castlevania
Deus Ex

pacmanate
03-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted
Prince of Persia

A very solid 3, but I think I would put them in that order. I replay AC games way more than Uncharted, and a good PoP hasn't come out since the Sands of Time trilogy days.

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham
Metal Gear Solid (not Rising)
Grand Theft Auto

Honorable mention for Red Dead, since Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time, but I can hardly call it one of my favorite franchises since I only played one installment.

DisbandedBox359
03-12-2013, 12:03 AM
1. Assassins Creed
2.Mass Effect
3. Elder Scrolls
4.Fifa (had to put it in)
5. Prototype

Gi1t
03-12-2013, 12:28 AM
A very solid 3, but I think I would put them in that order. I replay AC games way more than Uncharted, and a good PoP hasn't come out since the Sands of Time trilogy days.

Not as far as I'm concerned. The one they made right after it ranks at the top of my games list along with Ninja Gaiden Black, Morrowind, the first Halo and Ocarina of Time. :) (I like all the games in those franchises, those specific ones are just my series favorites. Also Have DMC 4 Star Ocean 4 Darksiders (need to get the second one at some point) and Tales of Vesperia. I like action games the most and I really wish more games would play out adventure style rather than level by level. I'm also sick to death of post-apocalyptic environments. XD

DisbandedBox359
03-12-2013, 01:14 AM

probably my second favourite after Assassin's Creed

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Hey, this is fun! Here are mine, in order:

- Assassins Creed
- Bioshock
- Borderlands
- Mass Effect
- Fallout

Honourable mentions:

- Deus Ex
- Tomb Raider

Even though I've only played the latest installments of both of these, I feel I've uncovered something golden XD

roostersrule2
03-12-2013, 06:47 AM
1. Assassins Creed
2. GTA
3. Mass Effect
4. Red Dead
5. Zelda
6. Elder Scrolls

xx-pyro
03-12-2013, 07:01 AM
I like Assassin's Creed and Dragon Age. Besides that, ES stopped being good after the first three, haven't played Red Dead (shock!), and I can't think of anything I follow closely. I absolutely loved the plot of the Prince of Persia series though, and the ridiculously awesome combat made it even better.

thefreeman28989
03-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Top 5:

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Dragon Ball Z
3. Half-Life
4. Dragon Age
5. Bioshock

mattduck69
03-12-2013, 07:07 AM
1. assassin's creed
2. splinter cell

helloSmurfz
03-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Digimon digital monsters, Digimon are the champions !
Digimon had the best TV series, first two season were the best :')
I never played the games though, argh

Assassin_M
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I never played the games though, argh
You darn should`v...I still play them...I got the new Digimon Adventure on the PSP...it`s based on the first season

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
My favorite Franchises

Assassins Creed
Mortal Kombat
Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six
Ghost recon
Metal Gear Solid

mattduck69
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
My favorite Franchises

Assassins Creed
Mortal Kombat
Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six
Ghost recon
Metal Gear Solid

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/2168383-1309378782209.jpg

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/2168383-1309378782209.jpg

hahahaha some would suggest i am ubi geek but i am not complaining lol !!

mattduck69
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
hahahaha some would suggest i am ubi geek but i am not complaining lol !!

nothing wrong with that!

LightRey
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
1. Halo
2. Dragon Age
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Age of Empires

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
4. Age of Empires

**** I forgot to mention it in my list.. Its a gem! :D

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
1. Witcher
2. Mass Effect
3. Batman
4. Splinter Cell (before the abortion called Conviction)
5. Hitman
6. Most RPG games.
7. Far Cry
8. Bioshock
9. Unknown.
10. Assassin's Creed

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 02:22 PM
1. Witcher
2. Mass Effect
3. Batman
4. Splinter Cell (before the abortion called Conviction)
5. Hitman
6. Most RPG games.
7. Far Cry
8. Bioshock
10. Assassin's Creed

Splinter Cell was run into the ground with double agent - Chaos theory was just legend.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Splinter Cell was run into the ground with double agent - Chaos theory was just legend.
Compared to Conviction, I still liked some parts of Double Agent.

pacmanate
03-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Op says to list top 3

Community lists top 100

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 02:25 PM
op says to list top 3

community lists top 100

lmfao

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Op says to list top 3

Community lists top 100
Seeing as how the thread had more than 3 in posts, I said frak it and did 10.

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't get the hate on Double Agent. People always just say it's bad without explaining. Was it the daylight missions? I thought Double Agent was still good and stealthy though admittedly not as good as chaos theory.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't get the hate on Double Agent. People always just say it's bad without explaining. Was it the daylight missions? I thought Double Agent was still good and stealthy though admittedly not as good as chaos theory.

For me it wasnt Splinter Cell , granted ubi was experimenting with a different type of stealth gameplay but coming from Chaos Theory to DA i was subsequently let down. although i did enjoy the Snow missions but thats about as far is it went for me, i am hoping blacklist ( which will more than likely be ) Freakin awesome !!

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
For me it wasnt Splinter Cell , granted ubi was experimenting with a different type of stealth gameplay but coming from Chaos Theory to DA i was subsequently let down. although i did enjoy the Snow missions but thats about as far is it went for me, i am hoping blacklist ( which will more than likely be ) Freakin awesome !!
I kind of enjoyed trying to sneak around daylight, it was wayy more challenging. The stealth parts were not horrible, but not very good either. So I kind of liked it. But Conviction? Pfftttttt

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
I kind of enjoyed trying to sneak around daylight, it was wayy more challenging. The stealth parts were not horrible, but not very good either. So I kind of liked it. But Conviction? Pfftttttt

Conviction was fun IMO, and i loved the Mark and Execute system. but i do have high hopes for Blacklist.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Conviction was fun IMO, and i loved the Mark and Execute system. but i do have high hopes for Blacklist.
As a standalone game, not as an SC game.

Megas_Doux
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
First and foremost:

1 THE ALMIGHTY, flawess juggernaut of Metal Gear Solid Series.
2 Assassinīs Creed.
3 The new Batman series.

Then come Uncharted, God of War, Sreet Fighter .P

From my childhood: the classic Crash bandicoot cuts, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 03:14 PM
As a standalone game, not as an SC game.

It was interesting to see a different side of Sam Fisher as a renegade agent but Blacklist will make up for all the Hurt lol

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
It was interesting to see a different side of Sam Fisher as a renegade agent but Blacklist will make up for all the Hurt lol
I hope stealth is back. So far the "killing in motion" and other gimmicky ******** doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

LightRey
03-12-2013, 03:36 PM
**** I forgot to mention it in my list.. Its a gem! :D
Yup. The best part is MS is going to release an HD remake of AoEII soon. :D

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
I hope stealth is back. So far the "killing in motion" and other gimmicky ******** doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Well i have been listening to some of the podcasts and development videos on youtube and one things that gave me hope was light and shadow is very much a big thing this time around , the developers have said they are going back to what made Chaos Theory so addictive and Amazing which is fine by me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggR6WVZhYfA

Megas_Doux
03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Splinter cell is cool, has NOTHING on metal gear though :P

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Yup. The best part is MS is going to release an HD remake of AoEII soon. :D

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously didn't know that! That's awesome news!

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Splinter cell is cool, has NOTHING on metal gear though :P

See as much as like Metal Gear Solid i think Splinter cell is far more superior but then again its all personal opinion.

Megas_Doux
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
See as much as like Metal Gear Solid i think Splinter cell is far more superior but then again its all personal opinion.

In terms of gameplay, I find them some sort of even! But regarding story, Metal Gear blows Splinter Cell out of the water.....

Personal opinions, indeed.

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't like that it's Sam Fisher in Blacklist. He's like 55 years old for one and he looks about 30. And why is he working for the government again? At the end of conviction Sam was pretty much done with the whole thing. And no michael ironside. Probably would've been best to move to a new character with Sam as the new Lambert or something.

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM
And why is he working for the government again? At the end of conviction Sam was pretty much done with the whole thing.

The biggest question I have regarding the game's story..

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't like that it's Sam Fisher in Blacklist. He's like 55 years old for one and he looks about 30. And why is he working for the government again? At the end of conviction Sam was pretty much done with the whole thing. And no michael ironside. Probably would've been best to move to a new character with Sam as the new Lambert or something.

Well what i do know is that Michael Ironside dismissed the script because he did not like the way plot line was going and ironside did take into consideration he is not getting any younger which i can totaly relate to.

But in terms of the Story after Sam eliminated the threat in conviction him and Grim went on to form 4th Echelon which was endorsed by the president he rescued in conviction, the blacklist is a new threat which requires a lethal agent to combat so the president has given sam 5th freedom to do what ever it takes to destro this threat including imunity of prosecution but there is a clause if he is captured they will deny his involvement.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I do!
I have too many, so here are just a few, in no particular order:
-Mass Effect
-Assassin's Creed
-Final Fantasy
-Portal
-CoD (especially the WWII ones. I'm a sucker for anything WWII)

Yay! Mass effect!

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Yay! Mass effect!

..is one of my favourites too! :D

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
But in terms of the Story after Sam eliminated the threat in conviction him and Grim went on to form 4th Echelon which was endorsed by the president he rescued in conviction, the blacklist is a new threat which requires a lethal agent to combat so the president has given sam 5th freedom to do what ever it takes to destro this threat including imunity of prosecution but there is a clause if he is captured they will deny his involvement.
Isn't that the situation Sam was always in as a Splinter Cell? I find it a bit hard to believe he'd just walk back into his old job after everything that happened.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM

Same here. As much as I loved having Sam's personal story, it stopped feeling like Splinter Cell because the terrorists felt completely contrived. I think Blacklist will be a good strong return.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Isn't that the situation Sam was always in as a Splinter Cell? I find it a bit hard to believe he'd just walk back into his old job after everything that happened.

Yes he as always been in that situation but its certainly the case walking back into his old job !! if you remember 3rd Echelon was disgraced after their leader was involved in Terroist plot in America , Sam whilst Freelance shall i say was contacted by grim and was pulled back into field but now thats ended Sam and Grim have formed 4th Echelon, thats all i know at this point.

pacmanate
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
The last one I played was on the Wii.... that thing sucks

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
A few months ago I read this and I highly doubt Blacklist.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-28-fan-response-to-splinter-cell-blacklist-is-a-kneejerk-reaction-and-uninformed

"Evolved" = Dumbed down by the way.

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 04:45 PM
A few months ago I read this and I highly doubt Blacklist.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-28-fan-response-to-splinter-cell-blacklist-is-a-kneejerk-reaction-and-uninformed

"Evolved" = Dumbed down by the way.
It's just weird that there's even an option between action and stealth. Splinter Cell was never about diverse gameplay choice. It was a stealth game and proud of it. You try to shoot your way through a level? You aren't going to get far. Seems to me like it's just an attempt to make the game appealing to a broader audience. Even Splinter Cell wants the Call of Duty audience these days.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
It's just weird that there's even an option between action and stealth. Splinter Cell was never about diverse gameplay choice. It was a stealth game and proud of it. You try to shoot your way through a level? You aren't going to get far. Seems to me like it's just an attempt to make the game appealing to a broader audience. Even Splinter Cell wants the Call of Duty audience these days.
Precisely, it's a STEALTH GAME. But Blacklist...third person CoD, calling it now.

That "appeal to a wider audience" is what's killing the industry these days it seems and get on chat you muppet.

Megas_Doux
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Precisely, it's a STEALTH GAME. But Blacklist...third person CoD, calling it now.

That "appeal to a wider audience" is what's killing the industry these days it seems and get on chat you muppet.

That is why you always have Mr Kojimaīs games as an alternative.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 04:52 PM
That is why you always have Mr Kojimaīs games...
Oh I love MGS. Problem is I'm a PC player they didn't put out some titles on the PC so I had to either play on the console(which I immensely dislike) or emulate them on PC.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 05:05 PM

I think its just to please the gamers who prefer to crash bang wallop through a game with no tactical intuition and no appreciation of stealth games, and to please the Majority on here that would choose to play the game as ubi intended ( stealth ).

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I think its just to please the gamers who prefer to crash bang wallop through a game with no tactical intuition and no appreciation of stealth games

..which begs the question why would such a player even play Blacklist? Isn't something like CoD a much better EXPLOSIONS!! game?

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 05:41 PM

The thing is that they are trying to present more player choice. You want to play it like COD, then do it. You want to ghost? Do it. I think people get frustrated because the loud options are easier, so they end up doing that themselves instead of getting railroaded into ghosting it like in the old games where a shoot out would kill you every time. I got stuck on a level in SC1 for 3 months! Still loved it, but I just didn't spot the stupid ventilation shaft and kept trying to shoot my way through! (Didn't play constantly).

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 05:43 PM
The thing is that they are trying to present more player choice. You want to play it like COD, then do it. You want to ghost? Do it. I think people get frustrated because the loud options are easier, so they end up doing that themselves instead of getting railroaded into ghosting it like in the old games where a shoot out would kill you every time. I got stuck on a level in SC1 for 3 months! Still loved it, but I just didn't spot the stupid ventilation shaft and kept trying to shoot my way through! (Didn't play constantly).
Well then you're to blame :P

I wish SC to be made the way it was meant to be played, not make it easier because shooter players cannot get into the game(not talking about you)

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Well then you're to blame :P

I wish SC to be made the way it was meant to be played, not make it easier because shooter players cannot get into the game(not talking about you)

I think it's great having options. Increases replay value, much like has been done with dishonored, Hitman Absolution and others. My stealthy non-lethal play of dishonored took me 23 hours. It was awesome, and extremely satisfying. My violent play took me five hours, and was also very gratifying, but in a very different way. I'd love to be able to play the game however I want in a given moment and not be punished for that choice. Why not have more player freedom? That is after all the big thing that upset so many people about AC3.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I think it's great having options. Increases replay value, much like has been done with dishonored, Hitman Absolution and others. My stealthy non-lethal play of dishonored took me 23 hours. It was awesome, and extremely satisfying. My violent play took me five hours, and was also very gratifying, but in a very different way. I'd love to be able to play the game however I want in a given moment and not be punished for that choice. Why not have more player freedom? That is after all the big thing that upset so many people about AC3.
Well because AC is about freedom and Splinter Cell is about Stealth. I don't have a problem with giving options in games that may require them, but if the main focus is lost, then I have lots of problems.

SleezeRocker
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
The Legend of Zelda
Assassin's Creed
Megaman
Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Pokemon....in particular the handheld games, you know they rock ;)

honrable mentions: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Uncharted

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Not every game should have complete freedom in the way you approach things. If you play a hardcore stealth series you don't expect to be able to run and gun your way through it like Rambo. It kind of ruins the tension when there's no incentive to sneak around. AC is different because it was never solely a stealth game. There was always a mixture of stealth and action. Games like Dishonored are built around the philosophy of giving the player choice. Splinter Cell was never one of those games.

lothario-da-be
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
For me
DARK MESSIAH
Assassin's creed
Darksiders
Total war
Prince of persia
Uncharted
God of war
Red dead

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Not every game should have complete freedom in the way you approach things. If you play a hardcore stealth series you don't expect to be able to run and gun your way through it like Rambo. It kind of ruins the tension when there's no incentive to sneak around. AC is different because it was never solely a stealth game. There was always a mixture of stealth and action. Games like Dishonored are built around the philosophy of giving the player choice. Splinter Cell was never one of those games.

Was never one of those games.... So it's just nostalgia? Play Chaos Theory then. Or better yet, just play blacklist ghost style. It's an option, and if you feel you've failed if you get detected, then the tension should be generated by you.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Was never one of those games.... So it's just nostalgia? Play Chaos Theory then. Or better yet, just play blacklist ghost style. It's an option, and if you feel you've failed if you get detected, then the tension should be generated by you.
He is saying Splinter Cell was never the kind of game that offers choices in matters of stealth or third person CoD, nor was it built around that idea, ever.

Aphex_Tim
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM

In Chaos Theory it really depended on your loadout and the difficulty level.
If you play CT on easy or normal and choose the Assault kit you could practically run 'n gun your way through the game.

I hope this will also be the case in Blacklist; that on higher difficulties you're pretty much forced to be stealthy.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
He is saying Splinter Cell was never the kind of game that offers choices in matters of stealth or third person CoD, nor was it built around that idea, ever.

I get it. Except he's wrong. Remember the loadouts of Chaos Theory? You know, you could choose loud and lethal or silent and non-lethal. Yeah... They were never about choice...

TheHumanTowel
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I get it. Except he's wrong. Remember the loadouts of Chaos Theory? You know, you could choose loud and lethal or silent and non-lethal. Yeah... They were never about choice...
Those are choices between different kinds of stealth. The choices in Blacklist are between stealth and straight up action shootouts.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Those are choices between different kinds of stealth. The choices in Blacklist are between stealth and straight up action shootouts.

Not really. I remember a vid for CT that showed Sam using the door bash action and then shooting up a room with a shotgun... kinda reminiscent of conviction and blacklist huh? Funny thing was, while that play style was very difficult in earlier games, it was totally possible (I know, because I like to replay games, you know, different ways), so why are we upset because they're retaining old features?

Also, back on topic:
I love Deus Ex, Prince of Persia and Dragon Age as well.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Not really. I remember a vid for CT that showed Sam using the door bash action and then shooting up a room with a shotgun... kinda reminiscent of conviction and blacklist huh? Funny thing was, while that play style was very difficult in earlier games, it was totally possible (I know, because I like to replay games, you know, different ways), so why are we upset because they're retaining old features?
Mainly because level-design. Conviction for example, I want to play the whole game without killing all random dudes. In theory it should be possible, but since all the levels are designed as a corridor shooter it's almost impossible to do that. I can do that in 1, 2 and 3. Dunno about 4.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Mainly because level-design. Conviction for example, I want to play the whole game without killing all random dudes. In theory it should be possible, but since all the levels are designed as a corridor shooter it's almost impossible to do that. I can do that in 1, 2 and 3. Dunno about 4.

Almost impossible... and therein lies the challenge my friend. Try ghosting conviction. It's frustrating as all get out, but equally fun.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Almost impossible... and therein lies the challenge my friend. Try ghosting conviction. It's frustrating as all get out, but equally fun.
Didn't find it fun at all. And incase you forgot some levels such as that...idk whitebox or whatever that factory, you HAVE to kill everyone to leave the room.

Aphex_Tim
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate having the last post on a page.
Easily overlooked :p

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Didn't find it fun at all. And incase you forgot some levels such as that...idk whitebox or whatever that factory, you HAVE to kill everyone to leave the room.

That is true. And it would have been better if you could ghost it. But the option is still there for the majority of the game. It did make me sad that everything was lethal, it made Sam look like a psycho.

Bastiaen
03-12-2013, 08:10 PM
In Chaos Theory it really depended on your loadout and the difficulty level.
If you play CT on easy or normal and choose the Assault kit you could practically run 'n gun your way through the game.

I hope this will also be the case in Blacklist; that on higher difficulties you're pretty much forced to be stealthy.

Sorry you were overlooked. I just watched a video feature today that talks about the loadout options in blacklist.

Soulid_Snake
03-13-2013, 03:38 AM
These are the main ones off the top of head.

- Crash Bandicoot (before they butchered it)
- GTA
- Metal Gear Solid
- Assassins Creed (to a certain extent)

Sadly, most of the games I like are 1 hit wonders.

mattduck69
03-13-2013, 05:32 AM
You guys have to understand that there is three playstyles now:
-action-run and gun
-panther-remain undetected but use lethal moves and killing in motion
-ghost-remain undetected and not touch anyone
Ubisoft is trying to keep the audience from conviction while also keeping the hardcore legacy fans aswell. They are working really hard on trying to balance the three playstyles and im loving the freedom you get. It wouldnt make sense if the president grants Sam the fifth freedom and then says...BUT you cant get spotted and only work at nightime ect..
thats not exactly realistic when theres a countdown to attacks in america.

About Sam coming back after the ending in conviction? well ubisoft want us to find that out ourselfs when playing but they said something happens which pulls Sam back into the game so who knows...
Ironside? he himself didnt want to play Sam after chaos theory! look up michael ironside doesnt like action(along those lines)
They did change sams looks alot BUT they have now tweaked his appearance to look more older now so yeh..im happy.

anyway, im pretty excited about blacklist because we're getting all the good ol' gadgets(NVG,sticky shockers,karambit ect..) Non-lethal takedowns. No more black and white, perfectionist mode, the cutomization seems amazingly top notch, performance capture, killing in motion, 90+ takedowns, abductions, somewhat variable speeds, closer than ever, the list goes on!

Lexax123
03-13-2013, 05:47 AM
1. Kingdom Hearts (minus the billions of handhelds, but including BBS)
2. Assassin's Creed
3. The Witcher Series (Mainly the second one)
4. Final Fantasy pre-XIII
5. Elder Scrolls... kinda

ProletariatPleb
03-13-2013, 06:19 AM
3. The witcher series (mainly the second one)
yay.

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 01:18 PM
You guys have to understand that there is three playstyles now:
-action-run and gun
-panther-remain undetected but use lethal moves and killing in motion
-ghost-remain undetected and not touch anyone
Ubisoft is trying to keep the audience from conviction while also keeping the hardcore legacy fans aswell. They are working really hard on trying to balance the three playstyles and im loving the freedom you get. It wouldnt make sense if the president grants Sam the fifth freedom and then says...BUT you cant get spotted and only work at nightime ect..
thats not exactly realistic when theres a countdown to attacks in america.

About Sam coming back after the ending in conviction? well ubisoft want us to find that out ourselfs when playing but they said something happens which pulls Sam back into the game so who knows...
Ironside? he himself didnt want to play Sam after chaos theory! look up michael ironside doesnt like action(along those lines)
They did change sams looks alot BUT they have now tweaked his appearance to look more older now so yeh..im happy.

anyway, im pretty excited about blacklist because we're getting all the good ol' gadgets(NVG,sticky shockers,karambit ect..) Non-lethal takedowns. No more black and white, perfectionist mode, the cutomization seems amazingly top notch, performance capture, killing in motion, 90+ takedowns, abductions, somewhat variable speeds, closer than ever, the list goes on!

Blacklist is going to be awesome ! i will be playing the game Ghost style undetected as splinter cell is intended.

Check this out i will be buying this edition

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_2985/image_298541_thumb_wide620.jpg