PDA

View Full Version : Black Flags really is going to change the way the world looks at Pirates Forever !

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 06:20 PM
This is a very interesting article that i have just found on the web,

It details how the content is going to be really dark and gritty and ubi are moving away from the Captain Hook parrot on the shoulder look.

I really admire ubi because they are really taking the time to immerse us the player into history as it happened and how it really was, and the question remains will Black Flags change the way the world see Pirates forever rather than cliche images of Captain Jack Sparrow.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395375/assassins-creed-4-pirates-getting-the-hbo-reality-treatment/

SixKeys
03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
This is a very interesting article that i have just found on the web,

It details how the content is going to be really dark and gritty and ubi are moving away from the Captain Hook parrot on the shoulder look.

I really admire ubi because they are really taking the time to immerse us the player into history as it happened and how it really was, and the question remains will Black Flags change the way the world see Pirates forever rather than cliche images of Captain Jack Sparrow.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395375/assassins-creed-4-pirates-getting-the-hbo-reality-treatment/

I remain skeptical of these claims, if only because Blackbeard in the trailer was pretty much the definition of a cliché pirate character.

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
But blackbeard was real and he wasnt your average captain hook cliche type character,

And dont forget Blackbeard was one of the most famous Pirates.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I hope by "HBO treatment" that this game's story isn't going to turn into a bad soap opera.

silvermercy
03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Maybe for those who base their whole perception on pirates on the Pirates of Caribbean saga, yes...
But for others, who have watched more films and documentaries or read books on the subject it shouldn't come as a big surprise.

Aphex_Tim
03-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I hope by "HBO treatment" that this game's story isn't going to turn into a bad soap opera.

With a whole lot of nudity :o

ProletariatPleb
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I remain skeptical of these claims, if only because Blackbeard in the trailer was pretty much the definition of a cliché pirate character.
We've seen the difference between the game and the trailers Six. Marketing and Development are very disconnected it seems.

ze_topazio
03-11-2013, 08:51 PM

Hollywood pirates are inspired by Blackbeard, he was a very theatrical man and he invented almost all the cliches that we usually associate with pirates.

Anyway, videogames are not popular and respected enough to change anything like that.

deskp
03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I find people are more knowledgable about real pirates than you seem to insinuate. People will still think POTC even after AC4, even tho eeveryone knows better.

lothario-da-be
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Hollywood pirates are inspired by Blackbeard, he was a very theatrical man and he invented almost all the cliches that we usually associate with pirates.

Anyway, videogames are not popular and respected enough to change anything like that.
But they are respected enough for 12-30 year olds.

Spider_Sith9
03-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Well we already know Pirates were dark and gritty and ruthless. Maybe not all but why does everyone thing they were fun-lovers in real life? What Ubisoft is doing isn't changing anything.

HeedfulMass4856
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM
No it won't.

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
I wonder how far they will take this HBO vision. I mean there is a lot of nudity in those shows. I have a feeling Ubi don't want to go there :). The idea of a more genuine pirate story is fairly unique to my knowledge and should work great.

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I wonder how far they will take this HBO vision. I mean there is a lot of nudity in those shows. I have a feeling Ubi don't want to go there :). The idea of a more genuine pirate story is fairly unique to my knowledge and should work great.

There probably will be some nudity, or at least strong sexual references. I mean, hell, even the trailer was pretty racy in some parts.

I just hope it isn't as random and out-of-the-blue as Red Dead's.

nitres15
03-11-2013, 11:41 PM
There probably will be some nudity, or at least strong sexual references. I mean, hell, even the trailer was pretty racy in some parts.

I just hope it isn't as random and out-of-the-blue as Red Dead's.
you didn´t get to see anything in RDR

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
you didn´t get to see anything in RDR

No genitals, true, but it was sure as hell explicit.