PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on timeperiods.

S.U.B.X.E.R.O
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
To hear that AC Black Flag is set in the timeline of the pirate Blackbeard (early 18th cent) is a disappointment,
it will probably be an excellent game who doesn't like pirates!,...But there's just a better feeling about the older time periods.
The first ac game set in late 12 cent gave me the best wow factor. and then when Brotherhood hit us WOW! the first MP ac game (set 16 cent as was revelations) I could not put it down...
So my point is that i feel that ac is losing its true grit as ac 3 did not give the wow factor,the sweet majestic environment timeline of our predecessors was never ignited.
The American revolution is a interesting time as us english bastards trying to take everyone land......Again!....

Ac fans please comment i would like to know what your views are and what timeperiods you think eg england after roma 410AD (the dark ages) thanx.

Escappa
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles

Keep all sorts of "future AC"-discussions over here please.

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
To hear that AC Black Flag is set in the timeline of the pirate Blackbeard (early 18th cent) is a disappointment,
it will probably be an excellent game who doesn't like pirates!,...But there's just a better feeling about the older time periods.
The first ac game set in late 12 cent gave me the best wow factor. and then when Brotherhood hit us WOW! the first MP ac game (set 16 cent as was revelations) I could not put it down...
So my point is that i feel that ac is losing its true grit as ac 3 did not give the wow factor,the sweet majestic environment timeline of our predecessors was never ignited.
The American revolution is a interesting time as us english bastards trying to take everyone land......Again!....

Ac fans please comment i would like to know what your views are and what timeperiods you think eg england after roma 410AD (the dark ages) thanx.

Personaly i dont think its a dissapointment at all , i would be more dissapointed with dark ages.

jimy0012
03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
British and mediterranean history is much more interesting as theres so many eras to choose from, there anit much American unless native or maya

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
British and mediterranean history is much more interesting as theres so many eras to choose from, there anit much American unless native or maya

As much as i love AC3 i did find the era quite un appealing but the amazing scenary and awesome gameplay made up for that :) but seriously i think i am going to love the Pirate setting.