PDA

View Full Version : DLC download links?

Tregan
03-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Hello,

So after finally downloading AC3 again from UPlay (Had to reinstall Windows...), which took me about 13 hours with a 40Mbit/s connection, I found out that the DLC is not installed with the patches. That's alright I thought, I can just use the links I received in my mail. But I can't. The download links are no longer valid (30 days expired).

Is there any way to get the DLC downloaded from somewhere? Because if not, my season pass content is not available to me anymore.

bolz87
03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
You must contact Ubisoft Support, because you can download DLC within 30 days, then download link expires :(

TheLeoCrow
03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Hello! Here to confirm some details, as this may help those who still have questions.

It is the retailers' obligation to provide you with a download for the content. This includes the game and all associated DLC. When purchasing from our Uplay Shop, we provide you with a download link. When purchasing from Steam or GameStop Digital, they provide you with the content downloads.

The same goes for other companies that sell keys. Not all are legitimate, due to the fact that they sell keys without any software behind it, while stating that "The content will download automatically when you activate it". This is simply not true. If they are unable to provide you with a download for the content itself, then you will want to demand a refund.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/754253-Deluxe-Edition-Owners?p=8944118&viewfull=1#post8944118

Mr_Shade
03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks Leo :)

TheLeoCrow
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I just hope he won't be asked to buy an extended download service, because that would be a double standard

Mr_Shade
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I just hope he won't be asked to buy an extended download service, because that would be a double standard
with Uplay Store purchases - you can now download at any time - I am unsure of the current support standing on purchases made before the change over, however support should be able to help :)

Tregan
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I downloaded the game just fine via UPlay, but the DLC isn't included in that nor the patches. So I should probably contact support then?

Mr_Shade
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
I downloaded the game just fine via UPlay, but the DLC isn't included in that nor the patches. So I should probably contact support then?
Patches should be automatically installed when you start the game via the Uplay PC client.

DLC - you should have emails with the keys / download links - if they are no longer active - please make sure to forward them to support when you contact them [copy and paste the keys and links in the ticket you open.]