PDA

View Full Version : GTAV or AC4:BF?

Soulid_Snake
03-10-2013, 05:59 PM
This might be a stupid thing to post in a AC forum, here it goes, purely on what you've seen and read so far, if you could only pick one, which would be your choice?

ajl992008
03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
sorry but you just can't compare them, its just not possible, its like comparing halo to counter strike

Enhance89
03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
AC4. I lost interest in the GTA series after San Andreas. I'm attached to games with deep story lines and I've never been very attached to the GTA series.

prince162010
03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
My best two games i can't vote ;) for one and leave the other one so my vote to both of them

Megas_Doux
03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I like GTA, however AC historic side is more appealing to me than anything else. I am sure that GTV will deliver, but gotta go with AC IV BF.....

TorQue1988
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
These are my two most anticipated games, the third one being Watch Dogs. But i have to go with AC because it's my favorite franchise and it has a deeper story.

ze_topazio
03-10-2013, 07:01 PM
One is made by Rockstar the other is about pirates, one is bound to be awesome the other we will have to wait and see.

Mr_Shade
03-10-2013, 07:07 PM
sorry but you just can't compare them, its just not possible, its like comparing halo to counter strikeindeed..

Dosenwabe
03-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Sad, but I have to skip Black Flag. So I would (and will) pick GTA5 unless there will be some changes to AC4's character. But I'm looking forward to 2014 AC, hopefully without Edward Kenway.

menumaxibestof
03-10-2013, 07:20 PM
This might be a stupid thing to post in a AC forum, here it goes, purely on what you've seen and read so far, if you could only pick one, which would be your choice?

Hmm... Watch Dogs ?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Assassin's Creed and GTA V are simply not comparable,both have different settings,different gameplay and many more features,you are comparing a open world shooter to open world historical game.
GTA v and WATCH_DOGS can be compared though.I'd go for Watch Dogs^^.Many people already claim that Watch Dogs gonna sell the PS4.Its gonna sell the PC too^^.
AC4 before GTA V.

pacmanate
03-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry but who said anything about comparing? He just said which one would you get. Probably AC4 because I follow the story. However we dont know anything about either game really.

Mr_Shade
03-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry but who said anything about comparing? He just said which one would you get. Probably AC4 because I follow the story. However we dont know anything about either game really.
Thing is - they are completely different - so you either like one style or the other - so you will always choose one over the other..

AjinkyaParuleka
03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Can't wait for either of the games..problem is that year are my board exams,important in life lol.
Oh btw Mr.Shade nice no.of posts. 11,222. lol

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I was just never a big GTA fan. GTAV looks amazing, though.

sorry but you just can't compare them, its just not possible, its like comparing halo to counter strike

You mean completely possible? It's not like we're comparing Battlefield to Pokemon.

ArabianFrost
03-10-2013, 09:58 PM
indeed..

Can we compare GTA with Watch_Dogs? Watch_Dogs maybe less Arcade-y but it's in the same genre created by GTA.

ze_topazio
03-11-2013, 12:30 AM
GTA5 is going to be released this year, 16 years after GTA1, AC4 is going to be released this year, 6 years after AC1, 11 GTA games in 16 years while in just 6 years we have had 10 AC games, curious.

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Open world is my favourite genre so I can't wait for this fall :). Watchdogs, GTA5, Pirate Creed 4, amazing! I have no idea atm which one I will like the most. I'm curious to see if R* will leverage the TPS skills they developed in Max Payne 3 (the core mechanics of that game are just too juicy :D). The idea to center the game around a number of heists is absolutely brilliant. And I'm looking forward to playing as 3 protagonists. Finally I LOVE Houser's writing and the cynical humor in GTA in general.

Watchdog is a new IP which is always cool. The idea that you can manipulate the city and use it as a weapon is super smart. Gameplay I have seen so far has been very impressive. Very curious about the Demon Soulish multiplayer component. For Pirate Creed 4 I really hope Ubi has listened to the criticism about restricted mission design. If they let us loose and push some of the core mechanics, the game could be superb. Naval combat is allready great and I like the pirate theme.

So yeah I have to wait and see.

Th3Aw3som3On31
03-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Can't really compare them.... I voted AC4:BF

Stardust235
03-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Gonna have to go GTA V. It's been in development for 5 YEARS while BF has been for 2 1/2 years.

Black_Widow9
03-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Thing is - they are completely different - so you either like one style or the other - so you will always choose one over the other..
But...but... I like both styles. I can't choose. I want them both. :p

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Although Assassins Creed is my favourite game series (GTA is my 2nd fave) GTA V looks amazing, if they can put everything they did in RDR/GTA IV and expand it, it will be the greatest game ever. That's not to say AC4 wont be good, it looks amazing.

RinoTheBouncer
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
GTAV has nothing to compare with AC.
Just because it's an open world game, doesn't mean it has anything in common with AC. It's like comparing Final Fantasy with AC just because of some open world elements.

I vote for ACIV:BF for sure because it has something to say other than killing and sex (despite ACIV seems to have it's dose of sexual contents from the looks of the trailer).

CalgaryJay
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
For the record, I will be buying both. But if I had to pick only one, it'd be GTA V. That game is (I hope) going to be a masterpiece, they've been working on it long enough anyway.

Probably going to be a much larger game than AC4:BF, more bang for your buck. V's a full title, whereas I don't care that it says "AC4", I don't consider it to be a full, numbered title. Think it'll more fit in with ACB/R in that regard. So at the same price, I'll pick the full title over the half title. Both should be lots of fun though.

Also agree its tough to compare the two. Very different games.

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I have never liked Grand Theft Auto but in all honesty the games are non comparable you so the obvious choice woul be Assassins Creed Black Flags.

Stardust235
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
GTAV has nothing to compare with AC.
Just because it's an open world game, doesn't mean it has anything in common with AC. It's like comparing Final Fantasy with AC just because of some open world elements.

I vote for ACIV:BF for sure because it has something to say other than killing and sex (despite ACIV seems to have it's dose of sexual contents from the looks of the trailer).
GTA has a lot more than "killing and sex". Vice City I guess could fall under just having "killing and sex", but that's because it's a parody of classic 80's films such as scarface and heat. San Andreas and IV both had incredible storylines that questioned the motives of the main character at times.

Gil_217
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Obviously, GTA V will be the best game overall. A very strong contender for Game of the Year.

It's really unfortunate that I can't see AC IV like I see GTA V, even though I probably like the AC franchise more than the GTA one. I can't even see the new AC as a contender for GotY.

GunnarGunderson
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
This may be an AC forum, but there`s no denying that GTAV will be a hundred times more polished and better designed than AC4. Ubisoft would never delay their game to give the developers more time.

SleezeRocker
03-12-2013, 11:37 PM
AC4. Trusted brand, exciting settings (well not so much AC3..America eh) and good storyline for me, so i'd pick AC4

I never liked GTA so it's not a game I would even consider playing.

Abeonis
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Tbh, what I've heard re GTAV hasn't exactly left me drooling in expectation of playing; I will be purchasing it, at some point, but certainly not on launch day (unless I'm extremely bored at the time and there is nothing else to play). Personally, I think Pirates own American wannabe crime lords any day of the week ;)

SaintPerkele
03-13-2013, 01:02 AM
GTAV, too bad I don't own a console.

Simple as this: We have yet to see anything from AC:BF that is not just a promise by the devs (we know they don't always keep them..) or some typical reworked Ubisoft-screenshots. AC3 was a let-down to a lot of people and had in all honesty many weak points.
GTAV on the other hand has been in production for a very, very long time. The game map is huge, definitely much bigger than the BF one. Most screenshots give a good impression of how the game will look like. The gameplay and humour of Rockstar games are well known and can definitely be expected from GTAV too. Also, the characters are, as always, a great parody of different types of people. The main character in BF on the other hand - we really don't know much about him, but he seems (so far, obviously) too shallow without being a parody.

So yeah, I'll buy BF because I've followed the series from the very beginning and hope every time that the next entry could possibly be as good as the first two ones. But in case of GTAV, I pretty much know that it is going to be great - but I won't get it, unless it's suddenly released for PC too.

Melodia1756
03-13-2013, 01:31 AM
I don't think its a dumb comparison. GTA has grown so serious and ugly since San Andreas and the AC series likewise seems to have, until Haytham K, lost its sense of humor and charisma. CJ from GTA San Andreas seems a master of cunning and comedy compared to the russian in GTA4 as well as Connor K from AC3. I think if I had to I would choose AC4 because I love historical times much more than modern - I like getting away from my day to day world. But I will be out there buying both AC4 AND GTA5!

I do agree with SintePerkele that the AC series is a bit uneven. I think that with so many worldwide teams it would take an extremely strong director with a vision and writer who won't allow illogical changes to his story to keep the tale in line with the gaming for the best experience. The fellow in charge of AC2 was that good. Let's hope that there are more like him and that they are given the freedom and control that they need.

CalgaryJay
03-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Ubisoft would never delay their game to give the developers more time.

This. I obviously like Ubisoft, being a member here and owning every AC game. But there's no VG developer out there I trust more than R*. And GTA is their baby. I think its going to be incredible.

Soulid_Snake
03-13-2013, 03:26 AM
My intention when making this thread was from a gameplay perspective and that they'll be 2 of the biggest hitters of the year. The 2 games have more in common then you think:

- Will feature underwater exploration.
- A good stake of vehicular gameplay.
- Land based combat.
- Open ended gameplay.

I sorry to say this, GTAV is gonna seriously beat down AC4..

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 04:39 AM
I sorry to say this, GTAV is gonna seriously beat down AC4..

Not for me, unless GTAV is set in a historical time and takes me through a journey to the past. The reasons you mentioned are hardly the reasons I play AC in the first place, there are other games that do those better anyway. I'll consider a game beating AC when it turns out to be a better historic fiction than AC is. :p

Ontopic, I don't like GTA, never been interested in its concept. Tried GTA IV, uninstalled it after two hours of torture on my PC. Now they haven't even announced the PC release date, so.. whatever.

Stardust235
03-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Not for me, unless GTAV is set in a historical time and takes me through a journey to the past. The reasons you mentioned are hardly the reasons I play AC in the first place, there are other games that do those better anyway. I'll consider a game beating AC when it turns out to be a better historic fiction than AC is. :p

Ontopic, I don't like GTA, never been interested in its concept. Tried GTA IV, uninstalled it after two hours of torture on my PC. Now they haven't even announced the PC release date, so.. whatever.
Vice City takes place in 80's miami... does that count?

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Vice City takes place in 80's miami... does that count?

Nah :|

Bastiaen
03-15-2013, 05:25 PM
GTA is a fun playground... but the stories are awful. Watch Dogs and AC4 are my big games this year.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-15-2013, 05:31 PM
GTA?The game where it is loaded with hell loads of cheats,and uber easy to complete?No thanks.
I prefer ACIV BF,History is fun.WATCH_DOGS should compete with AC IV BF for one the best game.

SaintPerkele
03-15-2013, 05:52 PM
GTA?The game where it is loaded with hell loads of cheats,and uber easy to complete?
Wait, are you actually saying that GTA is an easier game than the AC franchise? I'm sorry, but that is honestly just outright wrong.

If you only refer to playing with cheats, sure, that makes your game easier. But I doubt that many people would just cheat their way through their first playthrough. The cheats in GTA offer a lot of fun after having completed the main game and that's their main purpose. And considering that... the cheats in AC3 are no different.

Soulid_Snake
03-15-2013, 07:26 PM
GTA?The game where it is loaded with hell loads of cheats,and uber easy to complete?

Lol, outta all the games I have, AC has to be one of the easiest games series, and that's not just my opinion. Like most people, who play GTA without cheats, they'll know it gets progressively harder. They're also incentives for not playing with cheats, as they tend to block trophies/achievements.

TheBearJew32
03-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Can't pick one, gotta go both. Will gta really have underwater exploring? haven't been keeping up with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBXjE67_nI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihyE5ZruPc

takes me way back...

Soulid_Snake
03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Can't pick one, gotta go both. Will gta really have underwater exploring? haven't been keeping up with it.

Underwater exploration has been confirmed! GTAV is gonna be Freaking-Immensely-Awesome, it'll define how open world games are made! The Map is also bigger than GTAIV, Red Dead and SA combined.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s50717/grand_theft_auto_v_13563320071721.jpg

shobhit7777777
03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Pffftt.....Arma 3

SaintPerkele
03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Pffftt.....Arma 3
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mESOTbEPs&feature=youtu.be
Nah, just kidding, Arma III will probably be great, but I think it's even less comparable to AC than GTA.
But if we're talking about games we're extremely hyped for... BIOSHOCK INFINITE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE! :D

shobhit7777777
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mESOTbEPs&feature=youtu.be
Nah, just kidding, Arma III will probably be great, but I think it's even less comparable to AC than GTA.
But if we're talking about games we're extremely hyped for... BIOSHOCK INFINITE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE! :D

Arma 3 wins

EvanJamesLee
03-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Arma 3 wins

Arma 3? NO!
Wolfenstein 3D is where its at.

Stardust235
03-16-2013, 06:48 AM
GTA?The game where it is loaded with hell loads of cheats,and uber easy to complete?No thanks.
The cheats were only really in San Andreas, Vice City, and 3 -- games around that time had cheats. Whilst it is true IV and it's expansions did too, there were a lot less cheats.
Uber easy to complete? Search "San Andreas flight school". Play a game before judging it.