PDA

View Full Version : wich assassin you liked more?

diaboslb7
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Of all the assassins that we played so far which was the one you liked the most?

Desmond Miles
Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Ezio Auditore
Connor Kenway
Aveline de GrandprÚ

lothario-da-be
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Connor by far.

roostersrule2
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Assassin_M haha.

Megas_Doux
03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Connor!!!!!

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Ezio easily.

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Assassin_M haha.

Hahah... NO.

Assassin_M= WORST ASSASSIN/DAD EVER! lol.

He forgets I'm a girl all the time! =(

*cries in a closet*

No, really These threads crack me up because usually Ezio wins out every time on these poles. It's usually to be expected.For 3 years that's the face people came to know and love right? Seriously after playing AC3 I've grown such a distaste for overbearing AC2-ACR fans. Because they compare every Assassin to Ezio. Gahh... I know everyone doesn't do this but I'm sure we have all seen it happen. I actually enjoyed AC2 and enjoyed parts of Ezio and his story, still it's annoying. So, because of this bitterness I hold in the BURNING DESIRES OF MY HEART (lol) .. I pick Connor. Not only because I want to be spiteful but because I actually liked his character as well he was much deeper.

roostersrule2
03-10-2013, 05:01 PM
You know whats more annoying then annoying Ezio fans annoying Connor fans complaining about annoying Ezio fans, Altair fans are the best (too bad I'm not of them, although I love all the Assassins).

ProletariatPleb
03-10-2013, 05:01 PM
:| No love for Alta´r? You're all pathetic!

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
You know whats more annoying then annoying Ezio fans annoying Connor fans complaining about annoying Ezio fans, Altair fans are the best (too bad I'm not of them, although I love all the Assassins).

You know what's more annoying than post like this, people who don't make a commitment and say I LIKE ALL TEH ASSASSINS. :|

( Really I like I like things about all of them, I just go off on Ezio and Connor rants...)

roostersrule2
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
You know what's more annoying than post like this, people who don't make a commitment and say I LIKE ALL TEH ASSASSINS. :|

( Really I like I like things about all of them, I just go off on Ezio and Connor rants...)Ezio's my favourite, doesn't mean I can't like the others.

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Connor. He's just such a badass, and a cool dude :cool:

Kaschra
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I had most fun playing as Ezio.

SixKeys
03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Alta´r.

Edit: Oh hey, look at that. I'm over 3,000 posts already. :cool:

ProletariatPleb
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Alta´r.
I love you ._.

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Ezio's my favourite, doesn't mean I can't like the others.

Figures, but good for you anyways! :) *claps*

I like others too! but my favorite would be Connor... which picking a favorite is the point of this thread.

Sushiglutton
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Ezio for me :cool:

UrDeviant1
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Connor had a lot of underlying personality traits. His naivety was mostly endearing, sometimes frustrating. His passion was sometimes mistaken for brashness and disrespect, but for me he was very bold and audacious - things he needed to be when surrounded by such big personalities. He lacked tact but he was very much a "get the job done" type of character, much like Altair. There he was surrounded by all these legendary officials and yet he was the only one who could/would save his is tribe and that's why he has to be so bold and forthcoming, which could sometimes feel out of context but on the inside you know he was always thinking about HIS end goal.

He was quite a subtle character when he wanted to be (usually around people he was unsure of). Quite mild-mannered at times. I see these as likeable qualities but a lot of people saw this as him being submissive or boring. People saw him as meek and got turned off by his mostly unquestioned compliance at certain points in the story. But again, I never questioned Connor's motives: he was determined to get at the Templar's and help his native peoples in the process. His character requires that you judge him by the things he's said and done at earlier moments in the story, don't just take him at face value, because there's more mystery to that man...than even I dare ask. ;)

Enhance89
03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I think Ezio is the easiest choice because he had the most time devoted to him in terms of gameplay.

Bullet747
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Connor Kenway. I liked his honest conviction, his stoic demeanor and his primal ferocity. My kind of badass.:cool:

ajl992008
03-10-2013, 06:00 PM
chose connor but he only wins by a bit, I probably would have chose altair if he had more development in terms of gameplay as his story as a whole is great but we are only told this story through references, books and small gameplay segments (revelations), I would like it if we played as altairs grandson who found a special memory seal that held altair's ENTIRE life, we could then see his entire story, if we had something like this then he would have been number one for me but imo he was given too little gameplay which killed it for me.

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Connor had a lot of underlying personality traits. His naivety was mostly endearing, sometimes frustrating. His passion was sometimes mistaken for brashness and disrespect, but for me he was very bold and audacious - things he needed to be when surrounded by such big personalities. He lacked tact but he was very much a "get the job done" type of character, much like Altair. There he was surrounded by all these legendary officials and yet he was the only one who could/would save his is tribe and that's why he has to be so bold and forthcoming, which could sometimes feel out of context but on the inside you know he was always thinking about HIS end goal.

He was quite a subtle character when he wanted to be (usually around people he was unsure of). Quite mild-mannered at times. I see these as likeable qualities but a lot of people saw this as him being submissive or boring. People saw him as meek and got turned off by his mostly unquestioned compliance at certain points in the story. But again, I never questioned Connor's motives: he was determined to get at the Templar's and help his native peoples in the process. His character requires that you judge him by the things he's said and done at earlier moments in the story, don't just take him at face value, because there's more mystery to that man...than even I dare ask. ;)

I see what you did there... haha. NICE.

Actually I think what you wrote is nicely put as well! Here here!

x___Luffy___x
03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
altair ' s my fav...

UrDeviant1
03-10-2013, 06:21 PM
I see what you did there... haha. NICE.

Actually I think what you wrote is nicely put as well! Here here!

It's my favourite part of that whole trailer!

Here here! :)

MasterAssasin84
03-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Aveline is wasting away at the bottom !

lothario-da-be
03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
See ubi, Connor is very much liked here!

Kaschra
03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Aveline is wasting away at the bottom !
Most people didn't play Liberation. Also, Desmond doesn't have any votes either.

MinuteGlobe
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
ezio is my favorite. Connor is okay and I never played AC1.

lothario-da-be
03-10-2013, 08:40 PM
ezio is my favorite. Connor is okay and I never played AC1.
You should realy play it, and its very cheap now:p

ArabianFrost
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Alta´r . His silence speaks more than any man's words. Also, I'm a little biased because we both share the same ethnic heritage.

ArabianFrost
03-10-2013, 09:28 PM
However, if Edward has a Machiavelli/House-like character he maybe my favourite. There's something about ******* and selfish characters that is so alluring.

MinuteGlobe
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
You should realy play it, and its very cheap now:p

I'm planning to, I just don't have any money, I'm broke.

BATISTABUS
03-10-2013, 10:23 PM
1. Connor
2. Altair (a CLOSE second)
3. Ezio (a CLOSE third)
4. Desmond
5. Nikolai
6. Aveline

DarthEzio55
03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
i'm going to be the only one picking Desmond :(

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Altair, his story IMO is the most interesting of all the Assassins we saw until now, a shame Ubisoft didn't fully explored his character in the game..

nitres15
03-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Ezio
Altair/Hatham
Connor

i dunno about Aveline, haven┤t played liberation

MasterAssasin84
03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Seen this topic quite a few times on here but none the less its a very difficult question,

I am going to say Ezio Auditore very closely followed Atair , i could never understand why ubi never paid more attention to his character as they did with Ezio.

Bullet747
03-11-2013, 02:02 AM
I think there seems to be a split in the fanbase. One side likes the more outgoing characters while the other side likes the more stoic primal characters.

Th3Aw3som3On31
03-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Altair.

Edit: No love for Aveline?

Goxxi
03-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Well since the Black girls are my biggest weakness my vote goes to Aveline (although I don't have PSP and never plated AC3:L ), plus I am also artistic soul who is always attracted by women of sad destiny ;)

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 04:43 AM
1- Connor "dont touch me" Kenway
2- Altair "I`m watching you" Ibn Umar
3- Ezio "I`m an Idiot who insults genius inventors" Auditore...

In that order

BATISTABUS
03-11-2013, 04:57 AM
3- Ezio "I`m an Idiot who insults genius inventors" Auditore...
Don't forget philosophers.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Don't forget philosophers.
Ezio "i`m an idiot who insults Genius Inventors and Philosophers" Auditore...

ProletariatPleb
03-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Desmond is mentioned in the list xD hahahahaha

hellomrdarcy
03-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Alta´r is the man. Always will be. I played AC1 first, and it'll always have a special place in my heart. :')
Anyways, I connected with Connor and AC3 a lot more faster than I did with Ezio and his games (he's just too much, sometimes, and too... klichÚ), but Ezio grew on me over time and I've learned to like him. Well, because you just get used to him, I guess, playing three games as him. And he has some funny moments, I'll give the him that, haha.

Playing AC1 and then playing AC2 was... well, I see lot of people saying great stuff about of AC2 everywhere - but I did not enjoy it at first. Not at all. I felt like there was a huge difference in the assassin 'feeling' in AC1 compared to AC2. And I felt like I was entering the italian teletubbie-world compared to AC1 who (in my eyes) was much, much more raw. But, when I replayed AC2 a couple of months later I enjoyed it a bit more, not being so hateful anymore, but never really grew attached to it as much as I did to AC1.

ZeSpecter
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
It's awesome to see so many of the "forum-dwellers" that likes Connor. I voted Ezio though.

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
It's awesome to see so many of the "forum-dwellers" that likes Connor. I voted Ezio though.

Ezio Auditroe was my first choice also but he could have a challenger in the form of Edward Kenway.

Kaschra
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
A ranking... hm. That would be hard, I don't think I could really rank the characters.
If I could include Haytham, he would be my Nr 1 though... and Connor is last. But in between that.... no clue.

And M, your Ezio bashing is getting really old. You almost act like one of these Ezio fanboys who hate on Connor, just switched around this time.

ProletariatPleb
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
And M, your Ezio bashing is geting really old. You almost act like one of these Ezio fanboys who hate on Connor, just switched around this time.
It's better than Connor rant because he isn't an Ezio clone...

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
A ranking... hm. That would be hard, I don't think I could really rank the characters.
If I could include Haytham, he would be my Nr 1 though... and Connor is last. But in between that.... no clue.

And M, your Ezio bashing is geting really old. You almost act like one of these Ezio fanboys who hate on Connor, just switched around this time.Yes the whole AC2 hate is his ego talking,

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but aside the fact that AC2 is considered one of the best AC games ever made and rightly so its certainly mine, every Assassins Creed game offers me something different to the other so i kind refrain from bashing different titles because IMO they are all Fantastic in their own right but AC2 is that little more special.

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but aside the fact that AC2 is considered one of the best AC games ever made and rightly so its certainly mine, every Assassins Creed game offers me something different to the other so i kind refrain from bashing different titles because IMO they are all Fantastic in their own right but AC2 is that little more special.Indeed.

lothario-da-be
03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Desmond is mentioned in the list xD hahahahaha
There are people who realy liked, him. me included but not anymore afther ac3.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
oooooh it`s "ego talking" or "getting old" when I hate on AC II ??

Hypocrites...

Ezio "is an Idiot" Auditore. I didn't like Ezio, if I feel the need to...I dont know..explain and tell how I don't like him, then I damm right will...this a thread about protagonists after all..

Does anyone have ANYTHING to tell me ?

kesh_362
03-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I like them all (haven't played as Aveline) but if I could pick one it would be Connor.

nitres15
03-11-2013, 08:21 PM
i ****in hate when people boil these characters down to "yea he serious" or "yea he bang chick". Even though you might not like Ezio or Altair or whatever. You can┤t deny that they┤re good characters.

Bastiaen
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Your poll is flawed. I like all of the Assassins. If there is one I like less (albeit slightly) it's Aveline, and only because she could have had a more fleshed out personality instead of just being a female protagonist that stuff just happens to.

Erindesh
03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Ezio will always be the best AC character.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 09:11 PM
i ****in hate when people boil these characters down to "yea he serious" or "yea he bang chick". Even though you might not like Ezio or Altair or whatever. You can┤t deny that they┤re good characters.

Of course they`re all great characters..no denying that...if they werent great characters, no one would vote for anyone...

Assassin_Banana
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Alta¤r brains :3.. ok being serious my favorite Assassin is.... Turkey Assassin: the deadliest of them all :P

Megas_Doux
03-11-2013, 11:28 PM
.. Turkey Assassin: the deadliest of them all :P

Only Haytham is in its same league....

Assassin_Banana
03-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Only Haytham is in its same league....

and he is not even an Assassin...but I think Assassin Turkey can beat him up... :3

ajl992008
03-11-2013, 11:32 PM
ezio is only winning by a bit, and i think thats only because he had more games to develop his character, its shows how good ezio, altair and connor are and how equal they are.

Megas_Doux
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
and he is not even an Assassin...but I think Assassin Turkey can beat him up... :3

I demand Assassin Turkey vs Kratos, both bloodlusted, TO THE DEATH!!!!

monster_rambo
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
No love for Desmond? He died in vain.

Kaschra
03-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Assassin Turkey is the new mentor of the colonial assassins. He's the best!

Hypocrites...

Ezio "is an Idiot" Auditore. I didn't like Ezio, if I feel the need to...I dont know..explain and tell how I don't like him, then I damm right will...this a thread about protagonists after all..

Could you please tell me how I am a hypocrite, M?
I don't like Connor, but I don't see the need to mention a thousand times how much I dislike him.

It's getting annoying because you just do it way too much.
WE GET IT. You don't like Ezio.

Assassin_Banana
03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
I demand Assassin Turkey vs Kratos, both bloodlusted, TO THE DEATH!!!!

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/314/c/6/assassin_turkey_by_mr_samson-d5kj0fo.jpg

VS

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100727072254/godofwar/images/1/19/Kratos_rendering_concept.jpg

Kaschra
03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Ah come on, this is not fair. Kratos has no chance :(

Assassin_M
03-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Could you please tell me how I am a hypocrite, M?
I don't like Connor, but I don't see the need to mention a thousand times how much I dislike him.

It's getting annoying because you just do it way too much.
WE GET IT. You don't like Ezio.
too much effort to explain...

forgive me If I annoyed you....I was annoyed by all the hate Connor got, but I shut up and didn't go all bla bla fine we get it, because quite frankly that`s weak and overused...

This is a characters thread...we talk about characters....forgive me my oh so old and annoying talk about how much I disliked Ezio.....It`s not even like I singled him out or anything...

Your Hypocrisy lies in the fact that Desmond is being hated on all over this thread and yet you choose to call ME out for hating on Ezio...

You calling me out on hating on Ezio is old and annoying

Assassin_Banana
03-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Ah come on, this is not fair. Kratos has no chance :(

I'm sorry for that. But Turkey Assassin is the falling of anyone, including Thanksgiving :P

Kaschra
03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
You calling me out on hating on Ezio is old and annoying

How is calling you out on hating Ezio old and annoying, even though I just did it one time? If I did that every time you mentioned Ezio, I could understand that, but... I didn't do that.

And Connor will never be as good as the assassin turkey :P

Assassin_M
03-12-2013, 12:25 AM
How is calling you out on hating Ezio old and annoying, even though I just did it one time? If I did that every time you mentioned Ezio, I could understand that, but... I didn't do that.

See ? You did it just one time and it got old and annoying quickly..

don't try to change the subject and lighten the mood..you hear me ?? CONNOR FOR THE WIN... EZIO AND THE TURKEY SUCK FARAFFGAFTFASTGHAHAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Assassin_Banana
03-12-2013, 12:34 AM

CONNOR FOR THE WIN... EZIO AND THE TURKEY SUCK FARAFFGAFTFASTGHAHAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beware, the curse of the Sacred Turkey will befall on you both...and all those who calls his real name :P

Assassin Turkey, trained Achilles, Altair, Connor, Ezio, Edward and all the brotherhood :3

Kaschra
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
See ? You did it just one time and it got old and annoying quickly..

http://i.imgur.com/zxsiJpY.gif
Eh... Connor fanboys...

Beware, the curse of the Sacred Turkey will befall on you both...and all those who calls his real name :P

Assassin Turkey, trained Achilles, Altair, Connor, Ezio, Edward and all the brotherhood :3

Assassin Turkey created the assassin brotherhood. He was the first assassin.

Erindesh
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM

Hypocrites...

You must be really fun at parties , so mature to call a video game character " an idiot " , you can keep your mindless thoughts to yourself kid.

Assassin_M
03-12-2013, 12:44 AM
You must be really fun at parties , so mature to call a video game character " an idiot " , you can keep your mindless thoughts to yourself kid.
Appreciate your feedback on my life..

Eh Ezio fanboys

nitres15
03-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Ah fanboys in general... i hate them. All of them

Assassin_Banana
03-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Assassin Turkey created the assassin brotherhood. He was the first assassin.

Assassin Turkey won Eve over Adam, and he loves all his Assassin children equally, not only did he love Connor so much as Ezio. He showed Ezio how to flirt to women without the need to be pretty and showed Connor the importance of sacrifice and love the way Turkeys are willing to sacrifice themselves for Thanksgiving. :3

TrueAssassin77
03-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Connor

Acrimonious_Nin
03-12-2013, 05:47 AM
I choose Edward Kenway!

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Currently it is Connor, but if Edward really turns out to be the dark, conflicted anti-hero kind of Assassin they are hinting at, then he may replace his grandson my favourite.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Currently it is Connor, but if Edward really turns out to be the dark, conflicted anti-hero kind of Assassin they are hinting at, then he may replace his grandson my favourite.
Yes please, enough with the "good guy" stuff. Bring us a grimdark prot.

D.I.D.
03-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Yes please, enough with the "good guy" stuff. Bring us a grimdark prot.

Yeah. I don't think Edward is necessarily going to be the one, but I'd like to see that too. I'd like to see someone whose life gets totally ruined by the obligations of the job, and we see him/her commit actions that change the future for the better but horrify and repulse everyone in that character's life. And no happy ending where everyone understands, either! One of my big problems with AC is that they show the hero as someone who is presented with the opportunity to be immortalised as a hero and famous in their lifetime, which surely taints anything heroic they do from that point onwards. They ought to suffer for that kind of hubris.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Yeah. I don't think Edward is necessarily going to be the one, but I'd like to see that too. I'd like to see someone whose life gets totally ruined by the obligations of the job, and we see him/her commit actions that change the future for the better but horrify and repulse everyone in that character's life. And no happy ending where everyone understands, either! One of my big problems with AC is that they show the hero as someone who is presented with the opportunity to be immortalised as a hero and famous in their lifetime, which surely taints anything heroic they do from that point onwards. They ought to suffer for that kind of hubris.
Yeah I doubt Edward is going to be that either, but I'm just hoping for a grimdark character(Witcher style) in AC sometime. So far we always have this "noble goal" and we're such a caring person. I think we need a ruthless assassin who just gets the job done, doesn't care at all about anything at all except his duty or something similar. I guess that's something like Alta´r but he wasn't grimdark, just stoic.

No happy ending stuff, truly grimdark depressing violent stuff, feel me? He doesn't have to be a "likeable" character(a la Ezio) either, he'll be unique this way and people who understand him will naturally like him.

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 09:17 AM
No happy ending stuff, truly grimdark depressing violent stuff, feel me? He doesn't have to be a "likeable" character(a la Ezio) either, he'll be unique this way and people who understand him will naturally like him.

Awesome stuff!

I guess that's something like Alta´r but he wasn't grimdark, just stoic..

Imagine if Altair hadn't reformed and had remained the arrogant bastard he initially was. Something like that?

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Imagine if Altair hadn't reformed and had remained the arrogant bastard he initially was. Something like that?
Something like that yes. Greatly feared and respected because of that fear but unwanted kind.

D.I.D.
03-12-2013, 10:26 AM

For me, that's not quite what I'm after. Altair's entire character was borrowed from those sulky anime heroes (complete with the US overdub ;) ), even in the style of vocal delivery and patterns of his speech. This went right down to the script, in fact. I don't think it's any surprise that AC became such an instant fanart hit with Deviant Art's users. So with an arrogant beginning, it works to have the character stumble upon greater wisdom and ultimately change for the better. I don't think it would have worked if he remained the way he was at the start.

The set-up I'm imagining would be one where the character has at least two sides to him/her, but the job of assassin corrupts the person because it appeals to their worst instincts. The instant rewards of the job are fame, even if it's mostly infamy, and money and everyone is told they're a special breed of superhero when they're trained, with powers almost nobody else possesses. With Ezio, we just watched him become increasingly rich, powerful and ostentatious, which games demand but in terms of the story there was never a real price to pay for that. With this character, they'd get in too deep through their own self-centred behaviour, but the person would continue because of duty, and never tell anyone because the plan relies on the enemy believing you have no soul. There would be tragedy in watching the character become an increasingly worse human being and sacrifice one thing after another until their life and legacy was in total ruins, and only the player would know what that character has lost. Everyone else in the character's life would believe that he/she became ever more selfish, villainous and inhuman. It would put a completely different spin on what heroism means.

Farlander1991
03-12-2013, 10:32 AM
The set-up I'm imagining would be one where the character has at least two sides to him/her, but the job of assassin corrupts the person because it appeals to their worst instincts. The instant rewards of the job are fame, even if it's mostly infamy, and money and everyone is told they're a special breed of superhero when they're trained, with powers almost nobody else possesses. With Ezio, we just watched him become increasingly rich, powerful and ostentatious, which games demand but in terms of the story there was never a real price to pay for that. With this character, they'd get in too deep through their own self-centred behaviour, but the person would continue because of duty, and never tell anyone because the plan relies on the enemy believing you have no soul. There would be tragedy in watching the character become an increasingly worse human being and sacrifice one thing after another until their life and legacy was in total ruins, and only the player would know what that character has lost. Everyone else in the character's life would believe that he/she became ever more selfish, villainous and inhuman. It would put a completely different spin on what heroism means.

I actually kinda like that. An anti-hero counterpart to Connor's 'how being a traditional Hero in the real world can just **** things up for you immensely', of sorts.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I actually kinda like that. An anti-hero counterpart to Connor's 'how being a traditional Hero in the real world can just **** things up for you immensely', of sorts.

I can kinda see your point, Desmond for example after years of battling with templars do you not think the Assassins opened up a can of worms freeing Juno ? what bitter irony.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
*text*

Well depends how it goes in your mind. Alta´r could very well be on that path were it not for Al Mualim putting him on a quest for redemption. He was already too proud about his skills in taking lives it can easily go down the grimdark way. But the problem with this would be he was born and raised in the order and didn't really have a life outside that so we can't really see his 'corruption'. Which is why we need a character that had a life before and so we can get to see how his relationships etc deteriorate and how his behaviour, thinking change which also changes his actions.

SixKeys
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd like to see a story from the perspective of a character who starts out as a "good" assassin but then becomes disillusioned, loses their faith in the creed and turns "evil". Basically like the traitor assassin (Vali Cel Tradat) that we had to chase down and kill in ACR. It would bring even more greyness into the assassins vs. Templars conflict and could be very interesting if the modern day story is now basically that Abstergo is picking and choosing which materials you're allowed to investigate. Of course Abstergo would be happy to let you experience the life of an assassin who started off loyal to the creed but eventually chose the Templar side.

D.I.D.
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Well depends how it goes in your mind. Alta´r could very well be on that path were it not for Al Mualim putting him on a quest for redemption. He was already too proud about his skills in taking lives it can easily go down the grimdark way. But the problem with this would be he was born and raised in the order and didn't really have a life outside that so we can't really see his 'corruption'. Which is why we need a character that had a life before and so we can get to see how his relationships etc deteriorate and how his behaviour, thinking change which also changes his actions.

A good point, and that's exactly it - we need to see what positive things could have happened, but didn't/couldn't, otherwise it won't have sufficient bite. So we do get flashes of that in AC1, where you see Altair lose the respect of his friends (quite a common thing for redemption stories with grumpy anime heroes too!), but it can go much further with a person in different circumstances.

ProletariatPleb
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
A good point, and that's exactly it - we need to see what positive things could have happened, but didn't/couldn't, otherwise it won't have sufficient bite. So we do get flashes of that in AC1, where you see Altair lose the respect of his friends (quite a common thing for redemption stories with grumpy anime heroes too!), but it can go much further with a person in different circumstances.
You could SENSE it, that bureau leader from Damascus I believe tried to make Alta´r feel bad, have some fun talking about how other assassins had come and trash talked about him, etc.
And Alta´r would be like, "Is that all?" While they certainly laughed on the fact that he was demoted, I got the feeling from some of the sidemissions that they still knew he was the baddest son of a gun in town and to not mess with him. He lost respect in a way but still had some because he was greatly feared. Even a dialog with Malik where he calls Alta´r a novice, mentions something like, "I am not a novice!" To which Malik retorts, "An assassin is judged by his (skills?) not by the markings on his robes."

laon1996
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
No me ha gustado absolutamente nada que Ubisoft se haya desecho como de papel higiÚnico de Connor. Si a la gente no le ha gustado mucho Connor es porque no ha habido tiempo de coger el "cari˝o" que todos tuvimos a Ezio, yo mismo he de comfesar que en un principio no soportaba la idea de la historia de Ezio, pero al final de la saga y cuando vi AC Embers se me saltaron las lßgrimas al ver morir a Ezio.
Lo que quiero decir es que Ubisoft tendrÝa que darle mßs historia a Connor.

lothario-da-be
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Connor is doing it realy well;)

jmrcomics
03-13-2013, 11:05 AM
My favourite Assassins:
-Desmond Miles
-Altair
-Ezio Auditore
-Connor
Thanks!

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
^ better remove that

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
^ better remove that

You not like lol :)

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
You not like lol :)
It`s not that. if shade sees it, you`re getting a warning at best and a ban at worst...

It bypasses the language filter

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
It`s not that. if shade sees it, you`re getting a warning at best and a ban at worst...

It bypasses the language filter

Guess your right just a light bit of humor lol !! to lighten the moods lol

Assassin_M
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Guess your right just a light bit of humor lol !! to lighten the moods lol
You get a vacation for doing that the wrong way:p

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM
You get a vacation for doing that the wrong way:p

Depends who is easily offended lol !!

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Whaaat...? I didn't even see what was written :X

I missed the party :C

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Whaaat...? I didn't even see what was written :X

I missed the party :C

This lool !! http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/12/3/9c99423c-943d-4975-b5ed-2991267947a6.jpg

Trying to be a bit more suttle about this :nonchalance: