PDA

View Full Version : is Edward like Hickey?

FourDea123
03-09-2013, 11:48 PM
in the GI preview of the game they say "reconcile his selfish, cavalier pirate attitude with the two competing higher ideals" so he is going to struggle with the ideals of the assassins. you could paralell this to hickey who struggled to be all templarey and stuff. any thoughts or just abuse about my grammar? (english isnt my first language)

FourDea123
03-09-2013, 11:48 PM
and sorry about the text (dont count as bump please)

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 11:49 PM
No.

AllThatJuice
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Hickey was a scumbag who only cared about drinking and boobs. Edward is not. (or atleast hope not xD)

RzaRecta357
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Doubt it. Picture any pirate before Johnny Depp turned them into a loveable smelly drunk. Then add Assassins teaching him and making his thoughts conflicted.

Probably what we'll end up with.

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Doubt it. Picture any pirate before Johnny Depp turned them into a loveable smelly drunk. Then add Assassins teaching him and making his thoughts conflicted.

Probably what we'll end up with.
Haythem said he was "an honorable man", so I highly doubt it.

RzaRecta357
03-09-2013, 11:55 PM
That would be later in his life when he may be more honorable though, no? Plus he'd be on a fathers pedestal I'd assume.

Kaschra
03-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Haythem said he was "an honorable man", so I highly doubt it.
But Edward never told Haytham about his life prior to London.

Sushiglutton
03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
In some way I guess. They both seem to be mainly selfish pleasure seekers. In Edward's case this will likely change throughout the game though. I'd like to think Edward is more intelligent and more actively make his decisisions. Hickey followed orders and was happy if he got paid at the end of the day, not caring about the consequences. My guess is that Edward will be more in command in his pursuit of fortune and glory. But who knows at this point, it's all speculation :).

Assasseffect
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
According to what little of the story was released so far, it appears that Edward was very important in the founding of the Pirate's government, and will definitely be protecting it, so he has more ideals than money, liquor, and women (which he obviously likes too)

silvermercy
03-10-2013, 01:33 AM
I think he will have all the typical characteristics of a pirate. At least initially. He should mature eventually (and even settle down) while his character develops but only after he spends some time with the Order. Well at least I hope so or I will have great difficulty with warming up to him!!

LoyalACFan
03-10-2013, 02:35 AM
He's nothing like Hickey, because Hickey never cared about the Templar cause at all. He just wanted their money. Edward is supposed to be at least trying to follow the Assassin's ideals, as he's torn between his glory-hunting pirate persona and the Creed.

Sickull
03-10-2013, 08:35 AM
He is a pirate so to some extent all he wants is "A beer in one hand and a titty in the other" and they have mentioned that Edward tends to drink a lot so I guess he sort of is like Hickey.

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 08:44 AM
He is a pirate so to some extent all he wants is "A beer in one hand and a titty in the other" and they have mentioned that Edward tends to drink a lot so I guess he sort of is like Hickey.

For some odd reason this made me laugh really hard... Now on to what I was going to say. I feel that Edward will be:

1. Cocky like Haytham
2. Focused like Connor
3. Drunk Like Hickey
4. Light-hearted like Ezio
5. Still dark and semi mysterious (at times) like Altair.

Sum all of those up and you have ladies and gents. Edward mother effin Kenway.Woo!

Also,, During the game he might already be married and divorced? It mentioned something in earlier I read that the game takes place in a course of 10 years starting from 1715. So I guess we will either get to play as a young Haytham in a DLC? or perhaps play until Edward's death (also in a DLC) Either was we play until Haytham is born.

avk111
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I think he will have all the typical characteristics of a pirate. At least initially. He should mature eventually (and even settle down) while his character develops but only after he spends some time with the Order. Well at least I hope so or I will have great difficulty with warming up to him!!
I agree with the above passage, even subject 15 was a social misfit and having no goals what so ever before joining the order, so perhaps he would be a ****** prior to being an assassin, which would create an excellent character development

Sickull
03-10-2013, 01:43 PM
So I guess we will either get to play as a young Haytham in a DLC? or perhaps play until Edward's death (also in a DLC) Either was we play until Haytham is born.

I think the whole by passing of having to put a body in the animus will be their excuse for not having to abide by the child birth rule anymore...it's just what I think I have no information to back that up.

emperior
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
When a son is conceived the animus immediately reads the son memory so maybe we will play as Haytham.

avk111
03-10-2013, 03:02 PM
When a son is conceived the animus immediately reads the son memory so maybe we will play as Haytham.

We can only speculate what sort of DLC can come so its mind masterbation if you ask me, we will have to wait to render the main plot first for both historical and present world story

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Thomas Hickey was a complete wrogen who thieved off his own and drink and *** was is his life - Technicaly not much different to a pirate in all honesty so i can see were your coming from but you have to remember is the Edward Kenway was a Royal Navy Privateer who thirst for adventure and fortune forced him into piracy so Edward was honourable in his own right, Edward was however played a very important role in the formation of the pirates government which was based in Naussau, he became an Assassin because the Templars was seeking to control the Pirate community and lay down there own laws and phillosophies of order and structure which is very against Pirates manors and ways of life.