PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 3 sucked and here is why

thewaterguy
03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Keep in mind this is just my opinion but many gamers and reviewrs found AC 3 to really really suck, which is kind of a shame because their were alot of improvments I liked but the faults far outweight the good things...

Here is a very condensed list of things that were good and things that sucked in AC 3, Feel free to add to it or dispute parts of it just keep it polite okay? okay

First the Pluses:

-Many reviewers seemed to have glossed over some of the minor little improvements, the seamlessness of weapon switching and guns in combat, the way climbing feels much more natural and less tedious and the improvements to the optional missions

-Naval missions are incredibly fun and interesting to play through

-The graphics are nice looking (not really a plus though...)

And now the problems....

THE STORY

-The story in AC3 is actually pretty underwhelming and boring to play through... Aside from a few plot twists it never gets interesting at all, it's pretty much, go here kill this guy next mission...

-Also Connor was an incredibly boring character to play as, no humor in him whatsoever, doesn't care about anyone, incredibly emotionless for the most part, as soon as I started playing I was wishing I was Ezio or Altair...
Heck I would take Desmond over him... (Yeah I said that)

-Speaking of Desmod the missions where you play as him were kind of interesting at first but quickly got underwhelming and boring, the whole time I was just wishing I was playing a better character... Not to mention sometimes its hard to figure out what to do in those parts...

-THE ENDING SUCKED enough said

COLLECTIBLES

-Unlike other AC games I didn't feel like collecting anything...
It felt like a boring chore that really didn't lead to anything meaningful...

-Escpecially the Full syncronization (A costume REALLY?) aside from a skin you get nothing for full 100% sync, in brotherhood you got those really interesting repressed memories here you get a new outfit...

As for everything else just really didn't care at all about getting any of it...

-The hunting was sort of cool but seemed out of place to me in an Assassin game and once again didn't really mean anything...

-Weapons that you buy were boring and really didn't improve combat noticabely

COMBAT

It was impressive at first but got kind of tedious when you kill one group then get spotted and kill the reinforcements, then kill more reinforcments then get level 3 notoriety and get spotted by another group...

Not to mention removing notoriety was more annoying and escaping a fight was much more difficult, I tried hiding in AC3 and all that happened was some guy poked where I was hiding and I had to kill 15 guys, unlike in say brotherhood (loved that game) where I could hide and the soldiers would leave me alone.

GLITCHES

-This game is buggy, no contest here, I have gotten stuck on things alot (PC version) and MULTIPLAYER JUST DOESN'T WORK AT ALL (seriously Ubisoft get rid of the matchmaking system and impliment a server list NOW)

Overall AC3 was a dissapointment for me....

If you want a more indepth review here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7mnoeXe3I (no spoilers in it either)

Seriously Ubisoft get your act together, if AC4 is not amazing and blows me away, forget it I'm done with the Assassin series

developerNC
04-14-2013, 07:49 AM
This game came free with a graphics card I purchased. Otherwise, I would have never right out and bought it. After Brotherhood no more crappy games from ubisoft for me. This game has the same problems as brotherhood did and smaller maps. It's a joke really.

montagemik
04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
This game came free with a graphics card I purchased. Otherwise, I would have never right out and bought it. After Brotherhood no more crappy games from ubisoft for me. This game has the same problems as brotherhood did and smaller maps. It's a joke really.

What's a joke is you joined just to complain about a game you got for free ........................ LOL

Many of the AC3's faults / glitches were widely known across the internet within a month of Console launch ............
Bugs like that Shouldn't have been a major shock or totally unexpected for anyone on PC after that point .

AherasSTRG
04-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Let me get this straight...
So, you entered a game's forum 6 months after its release, when only hardcore fans write in here, just to complain about it...?

pirate1802
04-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Well this should be fun...

Megas_Doux
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM

AC3 "smaller" than ACB......

LOL

overdidd
04-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Guys seriously if this guy wants to point out his opinion, in the hope the devs are gonna see it, then that's a good thing. And I agree with thewaterguy on alot of things.
AC3 still was a good game, but it didn't live up to the hype they built up around it, and that's why alot of people are saying "this game sucks, booo".

People just expected too much from AC3. And if UBI is reading this, guys, please, stop with building up this HUGE hype around every AC game. Ok I understand you have to market your games, and that's alright to me. Just don't start again with all the 'this is gonna be the best ac game ever' bull****.

Oh and guys, do watch the review of angryjoeshow, which thewaterguy already linked in his opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7mnoeXe3I It's really interesting to watch. He's really good at reviewing games.

VitaminsXYZ
04-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Guys seriously if this guy wants to point out his opinion, in the hope the devs are gonna see it, then that's a good thing. And I agree with thewaterguy on alot of things.
AC3 still was a good game, but it didn't live up to the hype they built up around it, and that's why alot of people are saying "this game sucks, booo".

Which is what the feedback thread is for. The forums would become extremely cluttered if everyone decided to create a separate thread for their personal opinion.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Why the hell do you expect every Assassin to be a rich playboy like Ezio?Ezio sucks,I didn't connect to him.Connor>1 meter>Altair>1000 light years>Ezio.

pirate1802
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Connor>1 meter>Altair>1000 light years>Ezio.

Nice scale..

kriegerdesgottes
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry but the climbing is much more natural? Seriously? It's ridiculous in ACIII. Of all the things you complain about, you say the climbing is a PLUS?! It's totally unrealistic and way too fast. There is no skill or thought necessary at all in it. I miss the old controls.

VitaminsXYZ
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Why the hell do you expect every Assassin to be a rich playboy like Ezio?Ezio sucks,I didn't connect to him.Connor>1 meter>Altair>1000 light years>Ezio.

Connor fans aren't helping by overreacting every time someone dislikes him. True, I ended up liking Connor a lot more, but there's no reason to play the "Ezio sucks" card, which I'm sure we all hated hearing from other people who disliked Connor. :p

I'm sorry but the climbing is much more natural? Seriously? It's ridiculous in ACIII. Of all the things you complain about, you say the climbing is a PLUS?! It's totally unrealistic and way too fast. There is no skill or thought necessary at all in it. I miss the old controls.

Which is subjective. I thought it was fine, and I vastly prefer the new controls.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice scale..
ikr.

ACfan443
04-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Which is subjective. I thought it was fine, and I vastly prefer the new controls.

Same here. I just thought that the animations for climbing buildings should have been different to the cliff climbing animations. AC1-ACR's building scaling animations + AC3's controls = perfect navigation system (for me).

Assassin_M
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
and everyone just completely ignores this one month old thread....

oh wait...that didn't happen

BATISTABUS
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Also Connor doesn't care about anyone, incredibly emotionless for the most part,
This statement is just factually inaccurate.

nitres15
04-14-2013, 10:18 PM
and everyone just completely ignores this one month old thread....

oh wait...that didn't happen

im ignoring this thread as i type...

Assassin_M
04-14-2013, 10:21 PM
im ignoring this thread as i type...
So how are you, good sir ? I heard the weather is nice in Sweden ?

nitres15
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
So how are you, good sir ? I heard the weather is nice in Sweden ?

it is decent enough. All of the viking attacks are ****ing me off though. How´s yo dromedaries by the way ?

Assassin_M
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
it is decent enough. All of the viking attacks are ****ing me off though. How´s yo dromedaries by the way ?
Oh they`re good, they`re good. really sick, though for some reason, weather is totally effed, thanks for asking, them camels appreciate it
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/593383/593383,1281366265,2/stock-photo-a-smiling-funny-dromedary-58721107.jpg

pacmanate
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
About the climbing not being realistic and too fast.

Its a game.

monster_rambo
04-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Isn't a bit too late to be complaining. It's been months after the release and you start your rant now? LOL.

poptartz20
04-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else tired of these threads?

Ho Hum... on to the next one.

AC3 had it's ups and downs it's been out for almost 6 mos. Let's move on and get over it. :/

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 08:15 AM

There's a reason why console players like the new navigation system while PC players dislike it (me included). I is because the new system is simplified (one button freerun), console players have their thumbs free to look around while freerunning. Which they couldn't before, so it feels much ore cinematic and that's a plus for them. Plus vaulting over obstacles would be humanly impossible if freerunning wasn't tied tto one button.

PC players, on the other hand, always have the ability to rotate the camera while freerunning, even in the two button setup (we're the aster race afterall). I loved to look around towards chasing guards while escaping in AC1.. oh the memories.. so for us, tying it to one button and automating it feels like dumbing it down.

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 08:17 AM
About the climbing not being realistic and too fast.

Its a game.

Its no about being too fast or unrealistic.. its now automated. Previously there used to be a challenge (however small, but it was there) in climbing tall buildings, There were actually some Borgia towers in ACB that had me figuring out for long on how to climb them. Now Connor/Haytham autoclimbs buildings, just keep that button held down!

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I havent bothered reading this yet but can someone tell me..... did he mention anything about Connor being a boring and tasteless character??

Aphex_Tim
04-15-2013, 08:51 AM
-Also Connor was an incredibly boring character to play as, no humor in him whatsoever, doesn't care about anyone, incredibly emotionless for the most part, as soon as I started playing I was wishing I was Ezio or Altair...

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Connor with no humor?You missed alot of part my friend,ALOT.

Black_Widow9
04-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I think my Radar is possibly broken....

Please make sure you post your feedback in this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

Thanks