PDA

View Full Version : The Kenway Saga

Disciple930
03-09-2013, 09:07 PM
The, "Kenway Saga" seems to be the sequel to the, "Ezio Trilogy". Now, this tells me that AC5 will feature another member of the Kenway lineage, but who is not Connor or Edward. Edward is Ubisoft's obvious response to Connor criticism. Haytham is unlikely, as his life is already detailed in the Forsaken novel. This implies that Connor's son will be the lead in the next game, at least to me. However, I've seen speculation that Edward will have several games.

The reason I think this is unlikely, is that I don't see Ubisoft expanding on the character if, or so it seems, we will play him shortly before he joined the assassins, meaning he will be an adult around the same age as Connor shortly before AC3's end. I feel that the historic hero is more entitled to multiple core games if he is elaborated on from his very beginnings, eg. Ezo and Connor's teen years.

Connor, being recieved as he was, isn't getting another game so they decided to do the next best thing: follow his family's story. Ezio's story in AC was followed from his birth, skipping to his teen years, and then all the way to shortly before his death at 60-something because people loved him. This is not to say I would mind another Edward game, at least if he is a fully fleshed out character who actually interests me. I just don't see him getting another game unless he is absolutely ADORED by the fans. Assuming he'll be absolutely terrible to just short of being absolutely adored, Connor's son will most likely be AC5's lead.

VitaminsXYZ
03-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Haven't they been working on AC4 for about two years now? Ubisoft has already decided to move on to Edward regardless of Connor's reception.

And I remember reading an interview where they said the Kenway saga would focus mainly on Edward, Haytham, and Connor. I'm not so sure they'll continue Connor's lineage after this.

emperior
03-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Maybe they will continue with Connor's story as we don't even know how he died.

silvermercy
03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I think AC4 has been in production since 2011.
It's not THAT unlikely that we will see Connor again actually... Maybe not for a full game but with his son (or daughter! lol). Also if they don't follow Forsaken's story there might be a meeting with Connor and Edward (an awkward meeting I'm sure... XD)

deskp
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
i think ac3-4 is all the kenway we need. 3 generations is plenty