PDA

View Full Version : DLC's vs Expansion?

hoodrat94
03-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Not a widely discussed topic, but quite an interesting one.
Do you as a player buy episodic dlcs that is quite overpriced because have a lot less content and keeps you hanging for the future dlcs?
(they do come faster though). Example - ToKW
Or would you rather buy an expansion that adds a lot of missions and costs bit more that single dlcs but have endings? Example - GTA IV liberty city, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare?
WHY?????
Sorry forgot to add the poll! :(

Razrback16
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I like both. I won't buy the King Washington thing because it sounds like it's not part of the main story from Ubisoft's description, but I don't have a problem with DLC (I bought the Hidden Secrets pack) in general. As long as the story and gameplay are good I will generally buy. :)

SixKeys
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I would prefer RDR: Undead Nightmare-style expansions. I get the ToKW episodes for free, but if I had to pay for them, I would find them way overpriced. The Da Vinci Disappearance is my favorite AC DLC so far.

AidenPixxel
03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I like both. I won't buy the King Washington thing because it sounds like it's not part of the main story from Ubisoft's description, but I don't have a problem with DLC (I bought the Hidden Secrets pack) in general. As long as the story and gameplay are good I will generally buy. :)

You are wrong.TOKW is part of the main story and it's a lot better than the actual game so far

Razrback16
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
You are wrong.TOKW is part of the main story and it's a lot better than the actual game so far

How does it tie in to the main story? From what I've read and what people have told me who have played it, it's unrelated to the main story and is essentially a dream Connor has?

hoodrat94
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Seriously though guys, more people would buy an expansion that costs roughly half of the main game and the gameplay length is also about half of the original if not more.