PDA

View Full Version : Edward is Welsh rather than English according to Jean Guesdon

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 01:05 PM
'Edward Kenway is a young, brash Welshman born to an English Father and Welsh mother.'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/video-games/video-games-news/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-1741820

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I`m assuming you missed the part where he says "English father":rolleyes:

IWGCJoeCool
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
if yur dad is English, are you not lawfully English?...in matters of wealth and property ownership, and such. mom's lineage doesnt much matter unless that's where the Assassin part of the family was.

JC

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM

i'm assumign you missed the bit where he said he is a "brash Welshman". Also said they moved to Bristol in South East England (which is on the border of Wales).

I can do this too :rolleyes:

Makes me feel like such a man to condescend others.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 01:47 PM
i'm assumign you missed the bit where he said he is a "brash Welshman". Also said they moved to Bristol in South East England (which is on the border of Wales).

I can do this too :rolleyes:

Makes me feel like such a man to condescend others.
Take it as you will, you`re too sensitive xD

I hit a nerve so hard you misspelled "assuming"

Seriously....chill.

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Take it as you will, you`re too sensitive xD

I hit a nerve so hard you misspelled "assuming"

Seriously....chill.

Maybe I am, so why prey on it?

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Maybe I am, so why prey on it?
Prey ? Such a strong word..

Anyways, back on topic... Wouldn't want your thread getting closed so soon, eh ?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Fight along and against pirates?Interesting..and M...lol they are gonna add courtesans once more,more womanizing :I.And if they are ditching tree running,there better be FORCED stealth or an option to do stealth.

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Why would him having an English father make him not Welsh? Is Connor English because Haytham is?

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Fight along and against pirates?Interesting..and M...lol they are gonna add courtesans once more,more womanizing :I.

Kid, you shouldn't even be playing this game. Imma tell your parents xD

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I really hope he doesn't have a welsh accent. I'm getting tired of the welsh accent. The welsh accent is not a cool accent. Please no welsh accent.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Why would him having an English father make him not Welsh? Is Connor English because Haytham is?
That`s not what I meant -_-

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 02:11 PM
That`s not what I meant -_-
what did you mean then?

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Prey ? Such a strong word..

Anyways, back on topic... Wouldn't want your thread getting closed so soon, eh ?

Nor would we want you banned for trolling.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
what did you mean then?
The topic is "Edward is Welsh rather than English" Which would be true if both his parents were welsh, but is father is English, so..

Nor would we want you banned for trolling.
Nah...You probably would want me banned...;)

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
The topic is "Edward is Welsh rather than English" Which would be true if both his parents were welsh, but is father is English, so..

I don't really understand your line of thinking. If he was born in Wales he's Welsh not English. Doesn't matter where his dad is from.

albertwesker22
03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I really hope he doesn't have a welsh accent. I'm getting tired of the welsh accent. The welsh accent is not a cool accent. Please no welsh accent.

I'm 100% sure that he won't have a Welsh accent. He would just sound ridiculous...sorry to any Welsh people.

Don't see how you're "tired of the accent" though. Do you watch BBC Wales or something?

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't really understand your line of thinking. If he was born in Wales he's Welsh not English. Doesn't matter where his dad is from.
Does it say he was born in Wales ?

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Does it say he was born in Wales ?
It says he's a Welshman which would strongly imply it. I still don't know what point you're trying to make.

pacmanate
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
A welshman, born in india :P

pacmanate
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
A welshman, born in india :P

FFS pacmanate! Anyway, Welshman would imply you were born in Wales. Same when you say someone is American, they are born in America. Or born in Mexico, Mexican. Seems simple to me.

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
If he is a Welshman, then unless both his parents are welsh, which they aren't the only way he can be a welshman is if he was born in wales.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM
It says he's a Welshman which would strongly imply it.
Forgive me, I`m just too thick to understand common sense implications.

I still don't know what point you're trying to make.
So what else is new ?

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Forgive me, I`m just too thick to understand common sense implications.

So what else is new ?
So I guess it will forever be a mystery why you thought Edward's father being English was significant. This will haunt me to my dying day.

pacmanate
03-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Forgive me, I`m just too thick to understand common sense implications. I lick men.

Yes! Finally you understand!

montagemik
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Fight along and against pirates?Interesting..and M...lol they are gonna add courtesans once more,more womanizing :I.And if they are ditching tree running,there better be FORCED stealth or an option to do stealth.

I'm sure Stealth in the jungle sections is highly advised in one of the Devs interviews - A return to AC1 open approach mission structure & more focus/opportunity for stealth was the overall info.

So , A half Welsh/English - British privateer - in the carribean - recruited by/ joins the Assassin order - Enjoys sailing ,blowing things up , stealing, Stealth & killing, treasure hunting,swimming, climbing ,more killing & women ..........But he's not overly fond of running through the tree tops unless absolutely neccessary.
All controlled by an Abstergo employee during the DNA Archive clean-up/ investigation ............. Sounds ok so far

rob.davies2014
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
They call him a "Welshman" in the interview. So I'd say he was Welsh. Not complicated. End of.

freddie_1897
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
'Edward Kenway is a young, brash Welshman born to an English Father and Welsh mother.'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/video-games/video-games-news/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-1741820
you mean, aside from the fact that he's clearly half welsh-half English, and lived in England for most, if not all of his upbringing.

i'm half Irish, but i've lived in England for my entire life. I'm English. The reason he said 'welshman' is because there is no word for a person that is half welsh, half english.

freddie_1897
03-09-2013, 04:58 PM
yes, that would make you technically welsh. But tell you what i've got a friend who was born in Chile, while his parents were on holiday. He's not Chilean because he's never lived there. on paper they may say Edward is Welsh, but if you've lived in a place for the vast majority of your upbringing (such as Edward) you are going to consider yourself to be from that country. Regardless of what country you are technically from.

Besides, can we just call him British?

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 06:03 PM
you mean, aside from the fact that he's clearly half welsh-half English, and lived in England for most, if not all of his upbringing.

i'm half Irish, but i've lived in England for my entire life. I'm English. The reason he said 'welshman' is because there is no word for a person that is half welsh, half english.

Ermmm...yes there is. It is called Anglo-Welsh.

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 06:04 PM
yes, that would make you technically welsh. But tell you what i've got a friend who was born in Chile, while his parents were on holiday. He's not Chilean because he's never lived there. on paper they may say Edward is Welsh, but if you've lived in a place for the vast majority of your upbringing (such as Edward) you are going to consider yourself to be from that country. Regardless of what country you are technically from.

Besides, can we just call him British?

I have lived in England all my life. Doesn't mean I like being English.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Kid, you shouldn't even be playing this game. Imma tell your parents xD[image removed]

eagleforlife1
03-09-2013, 06:05 PM

My Dad is Welsh, my mum is English. And I was born in England. I am not half-Welsh. I was born in England, on English ground, I am English. If I was born in Wales I would be Welsh, if I was born in Honduras I would be Honduran.

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 06:09 PM
My Dad is Welsh, my mum is English. And I was born in England. I am not half-Welsh. I was born in England, on English ground, I am English. If I was born in Wales I would be Welsh, if I was born in Honduras I would be Honduran.

Now now, if you were raised in england i'll call you english. If you were raised in japan, i'd call you japanese.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 06:41 PM
How about this....

EDWARD IS WHITE. (Caucasian if we want to be politically correct)

Now that that has been settled. I noticed that AC2 has made it's way back in AC4

Stealth wise, Edward's brash behaviour gives him new ingredients to play with. Using people's homes (hiding doors) to evade patrols, hiring prostitutes to distract guards and getting drunk pirates to do some dirty fighting for him.

Ehh.. this aspect was alright. I hope it is just built on a little bit more. I just feel that every AC need to build from the last.

Mr_Shade
03-09-2013, 06:55 PM
hay.. I like it...
boooo

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 07:00 PM
hay.. I like it...
boooo

Do you have to hear it in several different tones every day?

freddie_1897
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Ermmm...yes there is. It is called Anglo-Welsh.
that's two words, and i highly doubt a french person will know that one.

freddie_1897
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I have lived in England all my life. Doesn't mean I like being English.
doesn't mean you don't consider yourself English.

Mr_Shade
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Do you have to hear it in several different tones every day?
noooooo..

but I wouldn't mind ;)

TBH - same with any accent - if you live with it, it can be annoying...

AjinkyaParuleka
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Why did you remove my meme?Its not like I am really gonna find him and kill him :I.
Oh and I prefer any accent,I just logged on a TS server of a WOW guild,figured non of the voices are differentiated,lol.

Mr_Shade
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Why did you remove my meme?Its not like I am really gonna find him and kill him :I.
Oh and I prefer any accent,I just logged on a TS server of a WOW guild,figured non of the voices are differentiated,lol.
check the forum rules..

'Intentional off topic or nonsense posting is also likely to be considered spam and will receive the same treatment, especially if this takes an existing thread off topic. This applies to both written text and image posting which also includes Meme's.'

Disciple930
03-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Jean Guesdon says Edwards a Welshman. Fact. Whatever he's referred to in the game, by others or himself is irrelevant.

Will_Lucky
03-10-2013, 04:42 AM
I have a friend who was born in Japan to American Parents and spent almost all of her life in American, she is actually quite insulted if people call her Japanese and insists she is American.

Honestly, we know Edward was born in Wales, we know his father was English and he died in London. All we know is, he is British at least we don't know much else we don't know where he was raised or how he was raised. It may very well have been in Wales, or England we simply don't know yet.