PDA

View Full Version : How are Ubisoft going to Make Modern Day Special

Legendz54
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Since Desmond is gone and we are going to be playing as an Abstergo employee, I am kind of upset we dont get to play another Assassin on the run from the templars, what about the juno plot and her taking over the world.. Ubisoft also stated that some old modern day characters may return in AC4. Do you think this Employee will turn towards the Assassins? Do you think Ubisoft has it in them to make the modern day special?

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 09:03 AM
AC games ALWAYS end with a cliffhanger. I bet my kidneys that this one will have one as well.

Legendz54
03-09-2013, 09:17 AM
AC games ALWAYS end with a cliffhanger. I bet my kidneys that this one will have one as well.

I dont know but at the back of my head I always think the end of AC4 will be William and a whole squad of Assassins busting down the door of Abstergo and taking the guy you are playing as with them for some reason...

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I`m calling it now. We (The Modern protagonist) are Assassin Moles planted by William for some reason. game ends with a shot at William`s face saying "Good work" and bissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss

xx-pyro
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I`m calling it now. We (The Modern protagonist) are Assassin Moles planted by William for some reason. game ends with a shot at William`s face saying "Good work" and bissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss

I feel like the main/playable character isn't one that we should have a major revelation about, that's usually a mark of bad storytelling. It'd be like if Desmond turned out to be a Templar mole. Keep the secrets to other characters.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 10:20 AM

This is a friendly reminder of the bet you had with ACFan443. On October 30th one of you is gonna wear that Beiber sig XD

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
This is a friendly reminder of the bet you had with ACFan443. On October 30th one of you is gonna wear that Beiber sig XD
Never forget...

My newest victim shalt falleth flateth on hiseth faceth....

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Never forget...

And I'll enjoyeth it to the coreth and laugheth to my deatheth..

But seriously William a descendant of Eve? Dafuq

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
But seriously William a descendant of Eve? Dafuq
And that shall make my victory even sweeter...Ha Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa

"LOOK !! The most dafuq thought is actually real :O"

*cough* it`s your cue now*cough*whoeverisreadingthisfromubisoft*cough*yo ucandoitnow*cough**cough*

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
You need a cough syrup.. xD

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
You need a cough syrup.. xD
no no I`m fine :|

ACfan443
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Never forget...

Oh yes you will.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh yes you will.
He hath arrivedeth

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 10:44 AM
hahahahha! xD

ArabianFrost
03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
You know how Erudito called out templar subjects? Well, since Desmond is attached to the memories that we relive as an Abstergo researcher, Desmond will guide us through his memories, making you do the work for the assassins and aiding you to stop Juno.

Legendz54
03-09-2013, 12:06 PM
You know how Erudito called out templar subjects? Well, since Desmond is attached to the memories that we relive as an Abstergo researcher, Desmond will guide us through his memories, making you do the work for the assassins and aiding you to stop Juno.

Ubisoft are lazy to do that and I think they meant AC3 was the last of Desmond.. literally.

MikaDaiki
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd been considering the "you are an Assassin mole" idea also, (or possibly even a Templar who switches allegiances..) would be nice if it was that really as it feels weird for me in the modern day story to go from being an Assassin with Abstergo as the "enemy" to working for them. Plus I'm not over what happened to Desmond so if he has any chance to come back that is a massive plus for me, haha. And Shaun and Rebecca, as well.

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
That's the point, they AREN'T going to make it special; it's going to be horrible. I REALLY hope I'm proved wrong.

Sickull
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that they are going to let you choose dialogue lines during the modern parts like Mass Effect or something.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that they are going to let you choose dialogue lines during the modern parts like Mass Effect or something.

That would be awesome. Makes sense. I mean didn't they say we are playing as ourselves and not any character??

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 04:54 PM
But, the modern-day gameplay is already confirmed to be ruined, amirite?

They said the modern-day protagonist is YOU, and the fact that Desmond's memories have been uploaded to cload makes the modern-day gameplay that much worst, unless the next real modern-day protagonist has an ancestry just a rich as Desmond's, but with completely different ancestors.

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
By doing this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v0neUj-VDa4/TFBEbqFQcII/AAAAAAAAFBU/E8kPNmF1h1E/s640/squirrelbacca-thumb.jpg

Sushiglutton
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I hope there will be some glyph type puzzles in the modern world. Let's say you can find artifacts, painiting, maps etc as Edward on your treasure hunts. Then there is a room for analyzing such data at Abstergo where you can reveal secrets about TWCB, The assassins and so on. Then there could be databasis where you can search for extra info and so on. I think it's much better if the modern part is brain focused as a contrast to the physical Edward part.

deskp
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
The AC3 teams next AC game will be the one introducing a new 3rd person modern day protagonist.

Think of ac4's modern day gameplay to just be "filler" this is because ac4 is in reality just ac3,1

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 06:12 PM

Except in ACIII and ACR, the endings fell short to expectations. They were cliffhangers but ACR ending just confirmed "what we know" and ACIII was "dats it" ending with Desmond really fell short compared to ACB and ACII shocking endings.

ACfan443
03-09-2013, 06:27 PM
The new modern day story sounds terrible. Playing as 'ourselves' and searching through Desmond's ancestry files sounds boring and one dimensional, they may as well have cut out the modern portion entirely. I didn't find the whole 'playing as a protagonist who plays a protagonist' confusing, the games explained it well and it made sense. I'd prefer a new modern day protagonist, and for Ubisoft to actually develop the plot properly and not just shove in a half-assed, basic story to keep the core fans quiet.

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Modern story pro's so far...

1) Setting and atmosphere in ACII and ACB
-->on the run against a powerful elite organization that you cannot defeat
-->meeting and interacting with the assassins that survived the great purge, forming an alliance and explores the animus in the hopes saving humanity against end of the world and templar enslavement

2) Honing your skills against the threat
--->dwelving back into the animus to train and become a better assassin
--->finding clues to POE/ keys/ temples/ to save the world

3) Mystery
--->subject 16 revelations from glyphs and puzzles
--->truth videos
--->history about the past templar/ assassin conflict in various times in history, combine it with some elements of modern day history and conspiracy theories
--->TWCB and past ancestors that came close to finding temples and the truth

What needs to be removed

1) Desmond's journey
--->building blocks, First person, really?
--->finding about the truth to Lucy's fate in DLC

2) Inconsistency with past events/ or stuff never mentioned in ACIII
--->Finding Eve to Desmond...never mentioned in ACR or ACIII
--->Lucy's defection to templars but her friend Leila Morino was possibly killed by templars?!
--->templars and assassins mentioned in AC initiates or multiplayer: master templar, Latetia, England, Alan Rikkin, various others

3) Execution with gameplay, storytelling, etc.
--->almost the same animations as Connor.../ guards having same animations as redcoats
--->Warren Vidic and Daniel's ending...poor execution in cutscenes...little storytelling told about them
--->templar's better funding and better knowledge and possibly know the end of the world , Juno's intentions, etc. but decided to chase an apple instead of helping to stop it.
--->bad mission designs

4) Epilogue missions/ erudito
---> some people, me included expected the epilogue missions to be something like travelled back in time to TWCB and unravel some mysteries (shaun even mentions something like this in game) but instead it was a couple of cutscenes with Connor
--->Erudito, only find out after doing stupid "hacking" or playing multiplayer

-so let's keep the good, get rid of the bad, and see what other suggestions you guys have for modern day story

lothario-da-be
03-09-2013, 06:55 PM
It COULD turn out good, if its done well. But the story must be good, the location must be bigger then 2 rooms, and there should be a mystical aspect in it (glyphs/subject 16 stuff).

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
---> some people, me included expected the epilogue missions to be something like travelled back in time to TWCB and unravel some mysteries (shaun even mentions something like this in game) but
That is one outlandish expectation...

RinoTheBouncer
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if they're make modern day special because what they announced so far feels like it's taking it nowhere but to ruins.

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 07:03 PM
That is one outlandish expectation...

-perhaps, but people had high expectations when they release the trophies list "head in the clouds or w/e it is called" and something about "epilogue missions" so people began to speculate
-and since Shaun said, something like "let's turn it back like 70,000yrs or something" I thought that maybe one of the epilogue missions, seems pretty reasonable to me.

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure if they're make modern day special because what they announced so far feels like it's taking it nowhere but to ruins.

Agree. After putting so much effort and thought into the modern story and seeing how so much of it is integrated into the series. You can't simply brush if off aside just because it was executed poorly in ACIII. It doesn't solve anything. They need to improve it rather than remove it and look at their mistakes to solve the problem.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
seems pretty reasonable to me.
I`m a fair man and I`ll give where it`s due, but that expectation was NOT reasonable...

Epilogue....after game...epilogues are never THAT big..I mean seriously..Going back and exploring ? Just wow...Lets not forget the vastly different world, different characters, different models...

and Shaun mentions it...So what ? A lot of other things have been mentioned before..

Sorry, man....but that expectation was nothing short of ridiculous...

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I`m a fair man and I`ll give where it`s due, but that expectation was NOT reasonable...

Epilogue....after game...epilogues are never THAT big..I mean seriously..Going back and exploring ? Just wow...Lets not forget the vastly different world, different characters, different models...

and Shaun mentions it...So what ? A lot of other things have been mentioned before..

Sorry, man....but that expectation was nothing short of ridiculous...

It was ridiculous to have this expectation while playing the game seeing how they spent so little time in the modern setting let alone let you travel back 100 thousand years. But during the hype, anything goes. Anyways, lets just get back on topic, the focus is on what Ubisoft can do to make a better modern experience.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
But during the hype, anything goes.
Now that`s silly...

They never promised anything like that...saying anything goes during is childish quite frankly..

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Well, the modern-day gameplay was never that good. It only got worst, until ACIII (but the ending equalized it) and now it's just ruined.

RinoTheBouncer
03-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Modern story pro's so far...

1) Setting and atmosphere in ACII and ACB
-->on the run against a powerful elite organization that you cannot defeat
-->meeting and interacting with the assassins that survived the great purge, forming an alliance and explores the animus in the hopes saving humanity against end of the world and templar enslavement

2) Honing your skills against the threat
--->dwelving back into the animus to train and become a better assassin
--->finding clues to POE/ keys/ temples/ to save the world

3) Mystery
--->subject 16 revelations from glyphs and puzzles
--->truth videos
--->history about the past templar/ assassin conflict in various times in history, combine it with some elements of modern day history and conspiracy theories
--->TWCB and past ancestors that came close to finding temples and the truth

What needs to be removed

1) Desmond's journey
--->building blocks, First person, really?
--->finding about the truth to Lucy's fate in DLC

2) Inconsistency with past events/ or stuff never mentioned in ACIII
--->Finding Eve to Desmond...never mentioned in ACR or ACIII
--->Lucy's defection to templars but her friend Leila Morino was possibly killed by templars?!
--->templars and assassins mentioned in AC initiates or multiplayer: master templar, Latetia, England, Alan Rikkin, various others

3) Execution with gameplay, storytelling, etc.
--->almost the same animations as Connor.../ guards having same animations as redcoats
--->Warren Vidic and Daniel's ending...poor execution in cutscenes...little storytelling told about them
--->templar's better funding and better knowledge and possibly know the end of the world , Juno's intentions, etc. but decided to chase an apple instead of helping to stop it.
--->bad mission designs

4) Epilogue missions/ erudito
---> some people, me included expected the epilogue missions to be something like travelled back in time to TWCB and unravel some mysteries (shaun even mentions something like this in game) but instead it was a couple of cutscenes with Connor
--->Erudito, only find out after doing stupid "hacking" or playing multiplayer

-so let's keep the good, get rid of the bad, and see what other suggestions you guys have for modern day story

This would've been amazing (specially the last part).
Going to the time of TWCB would've been perfect because it's like the final level of the adventure. They should've made AC3 a conclusion without a cliffhanger so that when they start with a new game, they start with a new idea and a new story. No point in dragging it over and over.

DisbandedBox359
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM

this is fast turning into assassins creed the rpg haha

rebelguy007
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm unsure as to what exactly sounds so bad about the new modern day. But then I'm waiting to actually give it a chance.

dxsxhxcx
03-09-2013, 09:02 PM
IMO in order to make the modern day interesting in AC4, instead of go the "easy path" (again) and say that "we" are the protagonist, they should make Erudito appear in the game a lot, trying to warn us like he/she/they already did in Project Legacy about Abstergo real intentions, IMO it would be really interesting to have some sort of glyphs made by Erudito inside the animus that once solved will help us to hack the Abstergo servers and uncover the truth about Abstergo (and learn a lot of things about the current situation with Juno, Desmond, etc), IMO the modern day experience could be similar to AC1, but instead of have access to emails, we would need to hack the Abstergo servers (a mini game maybe?) with Erudito's help and get info about Assassins/Templars.