PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, art thou listening

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Over the past six years of AC has had a ton of features added and subsequently or on rare occasions kept, but it seems to me that a lot of the good stuff that was brought in with the addition of AC2 and Brotherhood has been cut in favour of experiments and exciting-sounding stuff that just never lives up to the hype.

There's always a lot of talk in the forums about how some new addition was crap or some other addition was great or how some great addition was removed, so I propose a poll on which features should be included in the next how-ever-many games. I'll probably forget a bunch so just put suggestions in the comments below.

itsamea-mario
03-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Do you here the people sing
singing the song of angry men
it is the music of a people who will not be peeved again
when the beating of old charles
equals one movement of your thumbs
there is a game you won't start
when tomorrow comes

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 02:55 AM
-Mark Twain

heshesh
03-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Glyph,assassination brotherhood style,oh yeah and AMBIENT MUSIC !

SixKeys
03-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Open-ended assassinations is a must. Then glyphs (or something similar), assassination contracts and forts.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 06:07 AM
I would like to see a couple of these. I really do miss open ended Assassinations. I cursed Revelations .. For bringing the aspect of 100% sync. (granted it was a nice added challenge--I would much rather have a more difficult mission overall)

I would also like to see the Brotherhood come back again, but with more purpose. Like leveling them up means they can stand with you longer in battle without getting injured or hurt as quickly, or they could go with the aspect of making the brotherhood important by only assassins that have reached a certain level can actually come help you in game. making it more important as a whole.

Also I liked Forts and districts as well... even though you don't have to do it, it's still fun because you can approach these from any aspect, from stealth all the way through the fort or HEY I'M AN ASSASSIN HERE TO TAKE THE FORT.

Overall JUST SAY NO TO TOWER DEFENSE.

Roanark
03-09-2013, 06:56 AM
It's strange saying this but Ubisoft needs to look at a recent game that took inspiration from their game, Dishonored.
Dishonored was quite the failure with the story and lack of replayabilitybut the game-play was phenomenal! The assassinations were truly open, with the option to use scenery, various weapons, stealth, direct combat, or powers... Now obviously powers isn't a viable option but there's no reason we shouldn't have a variety in the way we can go about missions.
Social stealth is great and all but we don't have much real stealth, like a cover system, disguises, couching, crawling, and realistic hiding places... I mean really, Connor hides in knee-high weeds that aren't even dense enough to hide a person laying down...

Forts and such were great but I feel they need expanded on, one thing I liked about Revelations was forts could be re-claimed so you could enjoy them repeatedly... That needs to come back, as well as making forts larger with the option of multiple approaches and at least one route that can be used for undetected stealth.

Bombs would be a welcome addition but I have no interest in crafting, that was extremely tacky and pointless.

Side-missions of any variety would be welcome, some with stories and then an infinite amount of randomly generated ones.

Training isn't really big on my list but unlockables are, and despite looking stupid I enjoyed earning the costume in Brotherhood, I feel more things need to be unlocked rather than just bought or handed to you, and more costumes... A LOT more costumes, and some customization on them and the main outfit. Customization is a HUGE concern for me.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Den defense...Where is it ??

Den Defense

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Den Defense

Oh yeah, of course. Not sure how to edit polls..

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Dishonored was quite the failure with the story and lack of replayability.

I thought there was a heck of a lot of replayability in Dishonored.. O.o Kill your targets or spare them, do sidequests, don't do them, high chaos, mid chaos, low chaos, go guns blazing FPS style or play stealth... they all lead to different experience each time.

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Den Defense

Den Defense was the best feature from previous games.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Den Defense was the best feature from previous games.
I wouldn't say best...It was fun..

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-09-2013, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't say best...It was fun..

It was absolutely revolutionary and was never done before.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Ohh... well I called it the wrong thing. Den Defense ahh... I felt was terrible.

If it was to make a comeback. I would like it to be more like what we saw in AC3 (it might have been the Benedict Arnold mission... I'm not sure right now) But you actually got to fight and be in the action will the fort is being taken from all sides. You have to stop each side from advancing one by one. or from reaching a certain area in time. I feel like that would be better vs. setting up some random walls... and placing cookie cuter assassins on rooftops as your opponent brings a friggin battery ram to your front door.

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Yeah I kind of hated the Tower Defense from Revelations; there wasn't much about that game that I did like in fact

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Also...Desmond missions...Where are those ?

Wow, OP...You hated Revelations, didn't you ?:p

Only thing you liked was bomb crafting xP

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 08:11 AM
I didn't hate it, I thought the graphics and characterisation were good, and it had some interesting missions, but it was my least favourite AC.

leCarrot
03-09-2013, 10:23 AM
By assassination side-quests I hope you mean the ones from AC2 rather than from ACB? ACB's assassination's were pretty straightforward "kill these two guards"-missions, which didn't require much creativity, while AC2's side-quests felt more meaningful

sajber00
03-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I liked the cherrybombs in ACR. Cherrybombs and smokebombs should make a return. Maybe other types of tactical bombs too.

ACfan443
03-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Should have been a multiple choice poll. I voted open-end assassinations, but I'd also like to see glyphs return.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Bringing back the art director (or something) of Revelations was one of the best decisions..

TheHumanTowel
03-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see a lot of these return. AC1 assassinations. something similar to the glyphs, assassination contracts, the forts/borgia towers.

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I would like the Assasination contracts to return exactly how they was delivered in AC2, for me i felt the contracts was very poor in AC3 or borderlining absolute lazyness they was so dull and dreary and very un creative ! were as during AC2 you had to really think tactically how you was going to approach your target with out being seen.

Oh i do love AC2 :)

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Also...Desmond missions...Where are those ?

Wow, OP...You hated Revelations, didn't you ?:p

Only thing you liked was bomb crafting xP

Bomb crafting was ok, didn't particularly like it that much, but I put it in the poll in case other people did.

I might start another thread that is multiple choice - didn't even know you could do that - but I suspect people will just vote for everything instead of thier main wish

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Actually, the Brotherhood should be more like AC Brotherhood and Revelations, where you free individuals and have them help you and not have to free a whole district just do get one person to help you with your cause.

Den Defense is the worst thing that could have been added to series and I have no wishes for that to return. Forts and Districts were a dumb idea and served no purpose other than to frustrate players to have to do extra work for advance in the game. Hunting was boring and bomb crafting was useless as there were only a few bombs that were of any use, the rest were variations of the same thing. I don't mind Naval warfare but Black Flag is going to focus on that and it's going to have way to much of it.

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Actually, the Brotherhood should be more like AC Brotherhood and Revelations, where you free individuals and have them help you and not have to free a whole district just do get one person to help you with your cause.

Den Defense is the worst thing that could have been added to series and I have no wishes for that to return. Forts and Districts were a dumb idea and served no purpose other than to frustrate players to have to do extra work for advance in the game. Hunting was boring and bomb crafting was useless as there were only a few bombs that were of any use, the rest were variations of the same thing. I don't mind Naval warfare but Black Flag is going to focus on that and it's going to have way to much of it.

Its the golden Age of Pirates yes Naval combat is going to be a feature but i dont think ubi said there was going to be loads of it , majority of the game is inland.

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Its the golden Age of Pirates yes Naval combat is going to be a feature but i dont think ubi said there was going to be loads of it , majority of the game is inland.

60/40 isn't majority in my opinion. 60/40 can turn 50/50 easily. A majority and the right ratio would be 80/20. Naval Combat shouldn't be the feature, it should be there as side missions and a break from the main quest. It shouldn't BE the main quest.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
60/40 isn't majority in my opinion. 60/40 can turn 50/50 easily. A majority and the right ratio would be 80/20. Naval Combat shouldn't be the feature, it should be there as side missions and a break from the main quest. It shouldn't BE the main quest.

Makes sense for a pirate assassin. Would be weird for a pirate to spend all the time inland. Also 60/40 is technically a majority. Heck even 51/49 is.

I Emerge I
03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Im probably one of the very few people who liked the bombs I loved the poison gas bomb.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Much as your brain wants it to be other wise, I`m afraid 60/40 is a majority...

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
God, I hope the devs never listen to you..I prefer AC III`s recruit system any day

Forts and Districts were a dumb idea and served no purpose other than to frustrate players to have to do extra work for advance in the game.
Hunting was boring and bomb crafting was useless as there were only a few bombs that were of any use, the rest were variations of the same thing. I don't mind Naval warfare but Black Flag is going to focus on that and it's going to have way to much of it.
Lol at this guy xD "Hunting was boring and dumb" Hahaha..K
P

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Makes sense for a pirate assassin. Would be weird for a pirate to spend all the time inland. Also 60/40 is technically a majority. Heck even 51/49 is.

This is why I'm against the whole Pirate theme, this whole timeline and this whole game. Assassin's Creed isn't about Pirates, it isn't about Naval Combat or sailing ships.

As I said, 60/40 is easily 50/50 if the devs wish it to be. Hell is could 40/60 or even more if the devs feel like more Naval game play is better than real Assassin type game play.

40 percent Naval is way too much for any Assassin's Creed game.

SixKeys
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Im probably one of the very few people who liked the bombs I loved the poison gas bomb.

I didn't mind the bombs, it's just that some of them were useless (blood bomb, money bomb) and the fact that you had easy access to them all the time. I would have preferred having to be careful with my resources and plan missions according to which bombs I happened to have with me at the time. The Yerebatan Cistern was a great mission for bombs, but they had bomb crafting stations inside the cistern? WTF? They should have just given us the option at the beginning of the mission to choose 5-6 bombs and go through the entire mission with those.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
According to your little Universe...

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:58 PM
According to your little Universe...

So I can't have a different opinion? That is forbidden?

Guess what? It seems that my Universe isn't so little. There are many more people who have a problem with the direction of Black Flag than you think and belittling someone's opinion just shows YOUR single mindness and YOUR little universe that you happen to live in as well.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
So I can't have a different opinion? That is forbidden?

Guess what? It seems that my Universe isn't so little. There are many more people who have a problem with the direction of Black Flag than you think and belittling someone's opinion just shows YOUR single mindness and YOUR little universe that you happen to live in as well.
Lmao with that "So I can`t have my opinion" crap you always pop...Mate, your little universe is your opinion...and don't claim numbers unless you can prove them...Only speak for yourself and say only YOU are unsatisfied. YOU think this..YOU think that..in no way are your words fact....Nor does more like minded people constitute YOUR opinion as fact

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Assassin's Creed isn't about Pirates, it isn't about Naval Combat or sailing ships.

Assassins Creed isn't about hunting either, or roaming the countryside and blowing up war machines, or playing Robin hood, or leading troops on the frontline. Hell Paola was a Courtesan Assassin, and I didn't see her assassinate a single man. All that she does all day is to teach her girls how to walk! Prostitutes can be Assassins, mercenaries can be Assassins, but (former) pirates can't. Sadface..

Face it, the only AC game that was well and truly, pure and 100% about Assassins was AC1. Since then the AC games have been filled with non-AC fluff, more so since ACB. AC4 is hardly the first offender. The only difference is you liked the fluff of the previous games, in this game you don't.

As I said, 60/40 is easily 50/50 if the devs wish it to be. Hell is could 40/60 or even more if the devs feel like more Naval game play is better than real Assassin type game play.

Maybe that's why they made three big cities and atleast a handful of other locations. To have no missions in them. Makes sense..

Fortunately the devs don't share your opinion xD

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Assassins Creed isn't about hunting either, or roaming the countryside and blowing up war machines, or playing Robin hood, or leading troops on the frontline. Hell Paola was a Courtesan Assassin, and I didn't see her assassinate a single man. All that she does all day is to teach her girls how to walk! Prostitutes can be Assassins, mercenaries can be Assassins, but (former) pirates can't. Sadface..

Face it, the only AC game that was well and truly, pure and 100% about Assassins was AC1. Since then the AC games have been filled with non-AC fluff, more so since ACB. AC4 is hardly the first offender. The only difference is you liked the fluff of the previous games, in this game you don't.

Maybe that's why they made three big cities and atleast a handful of other locations. To have no missions in them. Makes sense..

Fortunately the devs don't share your opinion xD

No, Black Flag isn't the first offender. AC III was in my opinion. There wasn't nearly as much "Fluff" in ACII, Brotherhood or Revelations than there was in ACIII and will be in ACIV.

All I want is the best AC game there is and I don't there will be another one because of the way the story line was written in the first game by introducing Desmond and the Animus. Now they have to try and create a unique character to justify why another game is needed since Desmond's death.

The only reason Black Flag has Naval as the focus is because the devs decided during the development of ACIII, since Black Flag has been in production for 2 years, that they would expand on ACIII's naval game play in Black Flag.

The whole series is being diluted with crappy games now and it doesn't seem that UbiSoft knows when stop milking the "Cash Cow".

Sushiglutton
03-09-2013, 05:14 PM
The result of this poll warms my heart :D:D:D:D!

I replayed a naval mission yesterday where I was ordered to climb the mast to see what some cannon fire was about. So I climbed one of them (I play without a HUD BTW) and nothing happened. I climbed the other one and nothing happened. So I turn the HUD back on and it turns out there are THREE checkpints you must pass on your way to the top. I mean seriously how ridiculous is that? People need three checkpoints to climb a mast? The amount of handholding in AC3 is just laughable. More open-ended missions is an absolute necessity for the game to be playable.

inferno33222
03-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I want a few of these things, but I went with open-ended assassinations (AC1-style) because that is the most important thing. Also, let us escape again! Don't just cut to a cutscene and then skip to ten years later after we assassinate someone! A huge part of the fun of the assassinations in AC1 was the part where you run back to the bureau and the bell is ringing and everyone is looking for you... good times.

I also want a fleshed-out brotherhood (like AC3), naval warfare, glyphs/puzzles, expanded hunting, and real assassination contracts like in AC2 and ACB. I want real side-quests, not just the game putting a marker over the head of a random enemy that is exactly like all of the others, except that, oh yeah, he glows yellow in Eagle Vision.

Forts are also welcome (make them replayable, they were some of the best open-ended environments in AC3!)

Don't care for bomb crafting, overpowered. VR training is nice, but not necessary.

Epsilonyx
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm loving the percentage vote right now, its good to see everyone else wants the assassinations back too.

Forts, for me, were the only real open-ended missions in AC3, and they were outside the main storyline. If the game hadn't been so linear in every other aspect, they might have been overshadowed by other stuff.

Naval warfare is a given in the next game, despite my best wishes, and an additional four guns by the looks of it. The weapon system has just become gratuitous in AC. I remember when we had five weapons; the hidden blade, used for assassinations only; the sword, used for combat; fists, used for combat, but less powerful than the sword; the short blade, for variety in combat; and throwing knives, used for throwing. I mean, what kind of vain Assassin carries four pistols and two cutlasses? 'Assassin' has become such a superficial term now. When the first game came out, obviously no one had heard of AC, so they had to make sure the Assassins were actually assassins. Now its become so iconic, there's no need for anything more than to point the finger at the protagonist and say 'he is an Assassin'. Assassins should be faceless, a blade in the crowd, a white glint in the corner of your eye and then cold metal in your gut. They should be able to free-run away over the rooftops and then blend right back in.

ace3001
03-10-2013, 03:25 AM
I hope AC1 style assassinations don't bring AC1 style sit-on-a-bench-and-press-a-button-to-win eavesdropping and follow-an-unarmed-guy-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-him interrogations with them as baggage. -_-

Farlander1991
03-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Sorry, but I think the poll is... flawed.

Open-ended assassinations isn't a feature, really, it's a (mission) design philosophy (that pretty much everybody wants, including me, so the results are really skewed). AC1 theoretically could've been a game with an ABSOLUTELY same set of mechanics, but extremely linear assassination missions. Although I guess it is a feature if you look at the word from marketing perspective, but... yeah, I don't exactly agree with that.

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2013, 03:50 AM
I hope AC1 style assassinations don't bring AC1 style sit-on-a-bench-and-press-a-button-to-win eavesdropping and follow-an-unarmed-guy-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-him interrogations with them as baggage. -_-

why not? Those seemed to be legit ways to obtain information, the only problem is that there wasn't enough variety of investigations to make each option available not repetitive...

about the pool: what districts have to do with forts? :p

ace3001
03-10-2013, 04:06 AM
why not? Those seemed to be legit ways to obtain information, the only problem is that there wasn't enough variety of investigations to make each option available not repetitive...

about the pool: what districts have to do with forts? :pVariety is indeed the biggest issue. There are only so many ways they can vary how to sit on a bench and press a button.

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 04:50 AM

Den Defense

This is a joke, right? While not as bad as many think it is (I actually played enough to get all of the units) it is not a great feature and would draw from the other experiences.

Epsilonyx
03-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Sorry, but I think the poll is... flawed.

Open-ended assassinations isn't a feature, really, it's a (mission) design philosophy (that pretty much everybody wants, including me, so the results are really skewed). AC1 theoretically could've been a game with an ABSOLUTELY same set of mechanics, but extremely linear assassination missions. Although I guess it is a feature if you look at the word from marketing perspective, but... yeah, I don't exactly agree with that.

'Feature' is a pretty loose term. The poll on this forum restricts you to ten options, other wise I would have put in several more design-oriented 'features' - like the open-ended assassinations - I think should be put back in.

And, in all honesty, I put it in because I wanted to gauge the percentage of people that, like me, want it back in the game.

Assassin_M
03-10-2013, 08:35 AM
This is a joke, right? While not as bad as many think it is (I actually played enough to get all of the units) it is not a great feature and would draw from the other experiences.
Who are you to question my opinion and call it a joke ?

Noble6
03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Who are you to question my opinion and call it a joke ?
Haha I was also sure it was either joke or trolling. You are just teasing people right? I mean I didn't think it as bad (It felt like an unnecessary feature) but People hated it so much that it is actually funny to see someone wanting it back.

In my opinion they should cut some featues from the game and make features they leave in the game better.Sometimes less is more. I don't want thousand different ways to kill enemies. Just hidden blade (and gun +sword) with proper stealth mechanics , more open assassinating missions with difficulty I can choose to myself and I would be happy.

p.s. The rope dart is making return? I hope it will be a proper weapon this time and not an gimmick.

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
p.s. The rope dart is making return? I hope it will be a proper weapon this time and not an gimmick.

The rope dart is awesome!

http://www.gamingthinktank.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/rope-dart-has-two-parts.png

Haha, Achilles is awesome ;)

Epsilonyx
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
New poll:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758466-Poll-Dancing