PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the camps between then and now?

the_atm
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I remember in "behind the scenes" of ACIII they showed the "target gameplay footage" which had very alive camps, in the frontier demo they had very alive camps for the patriots... they had doctors, butchers, medicane men, soldiers standing around camp fires, drinking, eating and what not, but the only patriot camp i can find in ACIII is the big one in the valley forge and... it lacked doctors and butchers. If it was only in the target gameplay or only in the demo I'd be fine, but it was in both...

why did they get rid of these NPC's?

Locopells
03-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I guess they couldn't make it work properly. Bear in mind that the whole mission they showed at E3 that year, never appeared in the game...

SaintPerkele
03-08-2013, 11:24 PM
They announced at one point,that each NPC would have a daily routine. Apart from some small stuff and people running away from rain, this is not in the game anymore, just like the camp from the E3-demo. But here's the thing: Both the animations from the camp as well as the daily routine is now part of the people living at the Homestead. I suppose Ubisoft aimed for something bigger, couldn't make it work properly and so put a slimmed-down version of it into the game with the Homestead.

There are other reasons for that: For example, they had a doctor model which only appeared (with no proper reason) in the ship with Haytham. I assume that there would have been more doctors throughout the frontier/cities, but they were scrapped for whatever reason and they wanted to put the character model they already made in there. The butcher-model can now be found as one of the vendors (at least I think so).
I'd say that's the reason, which is really a pity, since the camp was fantastic in both versions.
Oh, by the way, the camp from the E3-demo does exist, it's just really boring and there aren't any soldiers around. It can be found near the place where you get all the hunting missions, at the entrance to the village.

TangentialShark
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Ubisoft prefers to ship games before the holidays to maximize profit potential rather than just deliver to the fans the best game they can make and follow through on their promises...hopefully ACIV will include more quality.