PDA

View Full Version : Fountain of Youth

eagleforlife1
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I wonder whether we will be looking for the Fountain of Youth in ACIV: Black Flag. Before Revelations was released there was a Facebook thing, in which it was revealed that Juan Ponce da Leon was searching for the Fountain of Youth in Florida in the 15th/16th century before being killed in Havana by natives. Maybe a clue in Havana leads to its whereabouts.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Could be a logical stand-in for Captain Kidd's missions from AC3. Maybe Ponce de Leon actually did find something, and you have to do some parkour levels in Mayan ruins or something to follow his trail?

Eternal Reward
03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I can totally see this being a thing.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I really hope this is a string of side missions!

xaventh
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
The fountain of youth, crystal skulls and the Bermuda triangle are 3 things I think have a good possibility of being explained further or implemented further in the AC lore.

twenty_glyphs
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Great catch. I could totally see this being the focus of the entire historical story, actually. In one of the interviews with Jean Guesdon, he said the story was about Edward versus the Templars to gain access to a location. I could see that being a First Civilization vault that is the basis for the Fountain of Youth myth.

I really hope they incorporate a lot of local/historical mythology into the First Civilization part of the story going forward. I was expecting AC3 to really incorporate the rich tapestry of Templars in the New World legends along with the conspiracy theories of the Founding Fathers into the First Civilization aspect of their story, but they totally ignored all of that. Even the Oak Island treasure is heavily rumored to be a Templar treasure, possibly what they supposedly found under the Temple Mount during the Crusades. How cool would it have been to tie a lot of Templars in the New World myths back to their founding during the Crusades and incorporate more real-life myths into the series? There were just so many interesting things about the American Revolution that would have fit into the First Civilization and Templar aspects of the story, and they ignored just about all of it in AC3. I hope Black Flag and future games rectify that.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Wasn't this in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or something? Anyway I like the idea and AC can give a "scientific" explanation using TWCB.

Eternal Reward
03-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Wasn't this in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or something? Anyway I like the idea and AC can give a "scientific" explanation using TWCB.

Scientific, as in "Alien Magic!", or "Indian Magic!"

And it was for the last one, number four. Can't remember the name.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Scientific, as in "Alien Magic!", or "Indian Magic!"

Exactly ;)

And it was for the last one, number four. Can't remember the name.

I think I only watched the last half or something, because I remember it vaguely. But yeah there was a fountain and people kept sacrificng themselves left and right lol.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Exactly ;)

I think I only watched the last half or something, because I remember it vaguely. But yeah there was a fountain and people kept sacrificng themselves left and right lol.

Yeah, that was the Fountain of Youth. In AC mythology it is a PoE located in a fountain.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Great catch. I could totally see this being the focus of the entire historical story, actually. In one of the interviews with Jean Guesdon, he said the story was about Edward versus the Templars to gain access to a location. I could see that being a First Civilization vault that is the basis for the Fountain of Youth myth.

I really hope they incorporate a lot of local/historical mythology into the First Civilization part of the story going forward. I was expecting AC3 to really incorporate the rich tapestry of Templars in the New World legends along with the conspiracy theories of the Founding Fathers into the First Civilization aspect of their story, but they totally ignored all of that. Even the Oak Island treasure is heavily rumored to be a Templar treasure, possibly what they supposedly found under the Temple Mount during the Crusades. How cool would it have been to tie a lot of Templars in the New World myths back to their founding during the Crusades and incorporate more real-life myths into the series? There were just so many interesting things about the American Revolution that would have fit into the First Civilization and Templar aspects of the story, and they ignored just about all of it in AC3. I hope Black Flag and future games rectify that.

Totally agree. AC3 was just so flat. We need the glyphs and mystery to return to the franchise, that has been missing since ACB. How about Erudito making some glyph puzzles for us?

RinoTheBouncer
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Maybe somebody did drink from the fountain of youth and we'll find out that it's somebody that we know in present time who still lives on...

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Maybe somebody did drink from the fountain of youth and we'll find out that it's somebody that we know in present time who still lives on...

Eve?

dxsxhxcx
03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Totaly agree. AC3 was just so flat. We need the glyphs and mystery to return to the franchise, that has been missing since ACB. How about Erudito making some glyph puzzles for us?

since in AC4 we'll be playing as an Abstergo employee IMO now is the perfect moment to use this idea, it could work in a similar way it happened in Project Legacy, with Erudito contacting us from time to time, leaving clues inside the animus and then with these clues we would be able to hack the Abstergo servers and find more info about Desmond and the others, TWCB, etc...

MasterSimaYi
03-08-2013, 12:15 PM
May be possible. Florida is shown on the game's map after all, and that is where the fountain is. By 1521 the Assassins in Florida were guarding the fountain from people who tried to get to it, more specifically Juan Ponce de León. The Puerto Rican Assassin Miguel Ramon Carlo de Lugo met de León on the latter's journey to the fountain and implored him to turn around and leave. De León refused, and the Assassins replied with a volley of poisoned arrows.

In AC lore there is indeed a Piece of Eden (I recall Discover Your Legacy showing an Apple, but it has been too long since I saw the video) in the Fountain of Youth that gave way to the myth around it. For that reason I doubt that it really gives people eternal youth, though I suppose there could be an explanation for it.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
May be possible. Florida is shown on the game's map after all, and that is where the fountain is. By 1521 the Assassins in Florida were guarding the fountain from people who tried to get to it, more specifically Juan Ponce de León. The Puerto Rican Assassin Miguel Ramon Carlo de Lugo met de León on the latter's journey to the fountain and implored him to turn around and leave. De León refused, and the Assassins replied with a volley of poisoned arrows.

In AC lore there is indeed a Piece of Eden (I recall Discover Your Legacy showing an Apple, but it has been too long since I saw the video) in the Fountain of Youth that gave way to the myth around it. For that reason I doubt that it really gives people eternal youth, though I suppose there could be an explanation for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSQVW8ObJs

MasterSimaYi
03-08-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSQVW8ObJs

Nice! Seems my memory is still good. :)

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I really hope this is a string of side missions!

No definately not ! i want there to be side missions and quests but not to the point were the game drownded by them like AC3, i just felts that too many side quests totaly detached me from the storyline and kind of forgot i was an Assassin.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
There is no way this should be side missions. The Fountain of Youth has an Apple of Eden in it.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
There is no way this should be side missions. The Fountain of Youth has an Apple of Eden in it.

Which could potentialy warrant DLC ?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
wow......nice catch dude.Never though of Fountain of Youth.This indeed can be a very interesting side mission or a subject of the main quest.Those P.O.E. gives them the chance to make any mythological story true!