PDA

View Full Version : The Hood

crash3
03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I noticed in the trailer, Edward pulled his hood over his head before assassinating a man in the street, but he had his hood down in other parts of the trailer. Do you think we will be able to use the hood when we like? Is the hood a new stealth feature/a means of concealing your identity and limiting your notoriety?

I hope we will have the option to have the hood up or down throughout the game

My theory is that if you have your hood up in front of guards, they may become suspicious of you as you are purposely trying to conceal your identity, however if you commit a crime, your notoriety wont increase that much as no one has seen your face. If you have your hood down, no one will look twice at you but if you commit a crime, the consequences are worse as your face is exposed.

Another feature I would like to see added is if you draw a weapon in front of guards, they will become suspicious, so you should only draw your weapons only when you need to use them. I hope stealth features/gameplay are greatly improved in AC4

What are your thoughts?

Megas_Doux
03-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I think it would be a cool option!

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Notoriety has been removed in AC4. Thankfully. Talk about micromanagement. I always just wanted to send my recruits to take care of it.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 08:43 PM
I'd be fine with just a cosmetic outfit with no hood. It doesn't need to be a big gameplay feature or anything. We know Edward doesn't start out as an Assassin, so maybe we could just keep his old hoodless outfit on a rack in the hideout/homestead once we get our Assassin robes?

crash3
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
i think notoriety should be a more gradual thing that you physically cant remove, but simply wears off over time as long as you don't repeatedly commit crime or go all high profile throughout the city. I think the hood up/ hood down feature would work well in the game

mhg87
03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Notoriety has been removed in AC4. Thankfully. Talk about micromanagement. I always just wanted to send my recruits to take care of it.

Removed or overhauled?

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Removed or overhauled?

You could say it either way... From what I understand, it works like GTA's wanted level now. Where you can get into huge fights and be really conspicuous, but more and more difficult enemies will appear to take you down as your "wanted level" increases. But once you shake them (or manage kill them all) you don't have to go around ripping down posters for an hour.

deskp
03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
You could say it either way... From what I understand, it works like GTA's wanted level now. Where you can get into huge fights and be really conspicuous, but more and more difficult enemies will appear to take you down as your "wanted level" increases. But once you shake them (or manage kill them all) you don't have to go around ripping down posters for an hour.

Thats how it worked in ac3.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Thats how it worked in ac3.

No it's not. AC3 still had notoriety once the fight was over. I'm saying once you return to being anonymous, there is no notoriety you have to remove by ripping posters, bribing heralds, etc.

x___Luffy___x
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
to be able to toggle edward s hood up or down would be awesome . hope they give us this much freedom.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
No it's not. AC3 still had notoriety once the fight was over. I'm saying once you return to being anonymous, there is no notoriety you have to remove by ripping posters, bribing heralds, etc.

Considering how easy the combat has been, it will be nothing like GTA4 where you actually had to run, swim, fight, shoot for 30 minutes before you get away from 6 stars.

silvermercy
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Removing the hood should have consequences though. Such as losing anonymity for longer or something...

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Considering how easy the combat has been, it will be nothing like GTA4 where you actually had to run, swim, fight, shoot for 30 minutes before you get away from 6 stars.

From what i understand, the same mechanic is implemented while on the ocean. So if you pick a fight with an English frigate, while other ships are within range, they'll come attack you too.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
From what i understand, the same mechanic is implemented while on the ocean. So if you pick a fight with an English frigate, while other ships are within range, they'll come attack you too.

What I mean is that they seriously make the combat challenging because a different notoriety system from tearing down posters to bribing heralds wouldn't make a difference if you can simply take down 50+ enemies. They need to make it more difficult.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
What I mean is that they seriously make the combat challenging because a different notoriety system from tearing down posters to bribing heralds wouldn't make a difference if you can simply take down 50+ enemies. They need to make it more difficult.

I know, I'm just saying that at sea, it'll be more difficult because you actually take serious damage in sea battles if there are multiple ships against you, unlike melees on land.

deskp
03-07-2013, 11:20 PM

Ah I see.