PDA

View Full Version : What is ubisoft done to assassin's creed

ELiiT3 TiLoY
03-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I've just found out that the new assassin's creed:black flag is all about pirates and the first thing in my mind is about how this can work assassin's creed main attributes are free running and stabbing but i find in the new one there cant be much free running as you're on a BOAT and the AI cant even swim (yet) so already you have lost one of the 2 attributes and stabbing is more or less gone since you put in guns yes there not the most overpowered thing in the game but can still kill you very easily. also as i watched the trailer my mind reminded me of the ending of assassin's creed 3(SPOILER) and the fact that Desmond is dead.(SPOILER) this makes it hard for them to go on unless they use his dad but if you go by the real story he would have to go through them all too. I've loved assassin's creed since the start and would hate to see it crash and burn but i feel the game is going in the wrong direction. i understand its hard to keep a game series new and interesting but going past pirates is not a good idea maybe work on how ezio's blood was turned to Templar in Haytham Kenway or even how he has a family in England or at the very least let us see Claudia Auditore went of after ezio left. or even take the idea of philip defranco and go back into the samurais anything but pirates or i can see assassins creed turning into a bad version of red dead redemption. if you read this thanks for your time - Tiloy

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Uhh...chill dude there's gonna be cities..3 of them and 50 unique locations.Enough free running.And if you haven't paid attention,the memories are uploaded to the Cloud,anyone can view Desmond's memories.If you listen to the interviews,it is said that the modern day protag is you,the player,a Templar Agent.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Not a Templar agent necessarily, an Abstergo Entertainment employee. It's very different.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Not a Templar agent necessarily, an Abstergo Entertainment employee. It's very different.
I was going to say Abstergo agent..but was confused so typed in Templar agent :D.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I was going to say Abstergo agent..but was confused so typed in Templar agent :D.

LOL. It's a fine distinction. A lot of fans still think that Abstergo=Templar. Anyway. I'm sick of hearing everybody complain about the games. I've only recently started posting a lot, but I've been on these forums since I picked up an xbox 360 in order to play AC1. I had procrastinated the console, but knew I'd get it for AC, and when I saw AC2 was coming out, I had to get one. Ever since then, people have complained constantly about these games that we all love enough to read/post on the AC forums. Even if you hate it, you still love it enough to care.
People complained after AC1, because it was too repetitive, because Altair was unrelatable.
After AC2, the hardcore fans always argued that AC1 was better because of it's gritty, darker setting.
After ACB, people constantly complained about everything, the "boring" setting, the easy combat, the full synch system, the short, "cartoony" story, and the multiplayer matchmaking.
After ACR, it was the story again, the hookblade, the bombs.
After AC3, the ending, the "boring" protagonist (play it again. pay attention. Stop Whining! Connor was amazing. So much pain.), the broken promises (kinda legit), and the bugs (also legit), also the mission structure and full synch.
THESE ARE QUITE SIMPLY THE GREATEST, MOST POLISHED GAMES ON THE MARKET!!! ARE WE EXPECTING TOO MUCH? I'M SICK OF ALL THE COMLAINING!
The series will continue to succeed despite all this hate, because we all still love it!
And where is Escoblades? I miss his sage wisdom.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
LOL. It's a fine distinction. A lot of fans still think that Abstergo=Templar. Anyway. I'm sick of hearing everybody complain about the games. I've only recently started posting a lot, but I've been on these forums since I picked up an xbox 360 in order to play AC1. I had procrastinated the console, but knew I'd get it for AC, and when I saw AC2 was coming out, I had to get one. Ever since then, people have complained constantly about these games that we all love enough to read/post on the AC forums. Even if you hate it, you still love it enough to care.
People complained after AC1, because it was too repetitive, because Altair was unrelatable.
After AC2, the hardcore fans always argued that AC1 was better because of it's gritty, darker setting.
After ACB, people constantly complained about everything, the "boring" setting, the easy combat, the full synch system, the short, "cartoony" story, and the multiplayer matchmaking.
After ACR, it was the story again, the hookblade, the bombs.
After AC3, the ending, the "boring" protagonist (play it again. pay attention. Stop Whining! Connor was amazing. So much pain.), the broken promises (kinda legit), and the bugs (also legit), also the mission structure and full synch.
THESE ARE QUITE SIMPLY THE GREATEST, MOST POLISHED GAMES ON THE MARKET!!! ARE WE EXPECTING TOO MUCH? I'M SICK OF ALL THE COMLAINING!
The series will continue to succeed despite all this hate, because we all still love it!
And where is Escoblades? I miss his sage wisdom.

How can you say a game like ACIII is the most polished game on the market when there are enough bugs that can potentially make the game unplayable. Of course people have their individual preference of what makes a good Assassin's Creed game but clearly ACIII is not a polished game based on the amount of bugs and glitches it has. And you are forgetting one big thing, people also complain because of the false marketing involved in advertising these games. They make promises in interviews and trailers that they don't keep in the final product. False advertising is never acceptable.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
How can you say a game like ACIII is the most polished game on the market when there are enough bugs that can potentially make the game unplayable. Of course people have their individual preference of what makes a good Assassin's Creed game but clearly ACIII is not a polished game based on the amount of bugs and glitches it has. And you are forgetting one big thing, people also complain because of the false marketing involved in advertising these games. They make promises in interviews and trailers that they don't keep in the final product. False advertising is never acceptable.

Of course I remember the false advertising. I too was disappointed by the lack of frozen lakes and canoes. And yes, the game had bugs, but I'm referring more to an artistic polish. Technical polish, sadly, is something that comes after the true beta test: game release. ACIII, while it may have it's flaws, is a full and well-crafted game. Bottom line, it's really fun.

AherasSTRG
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Of course I remember the false advertising. I too was disappointed by the lack of frozen lakes and canoes. And yes, the game had bugs, but I'm referring more to an artistic polish. Technical polish, sadly, is something that comes after the true beta test: game release. ACIII, while it may have it's flaws, is a full and well-crafted game. Bottom line, it's really fun.

Says the XBOX owner...

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Right, but even the mission structures are fundamentally flawed. Look at Paul Revere's ride, I mean come on, this is not an Assassin's Creed gameplay! I think Assassin's Creed lost its way. The only game that felt like an assassin's game was the first one in which you actually had to spy, acquire information, locate and assassinate your target in ways that you see fit. They need to bring back what made Assassin's Creed special by looking at the first two games and some things in brotherhood.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I've just found out that the new assassin's creed:black flag is all about pirates and the first thing in my mind is about how this can work assassin's creed main attributes are free running and stabbing but i find in the new one there cant be much free running as you're on a BOAT and the AI cant even swim (yet) so already you have lost one of the 2 attributes and stabbing is more or less gone since you put in guns yes there not the most overpowered thing in the game but can still kill you very easily. also as i watched the trailer my mind reminded me of the ending of assassin's creed 3(SPOILER) and the fact that Desmond is dead.(SPOILER) this makes it hard for them to go on unless they use his dad but if you go by the real story he would have to go through them all too. I've loved assassin's creed since the start and would hate to see it crash and burn but i feel the game is going in the wrong direction. i understand its hard to keep a game series new and interesting but going past pirates is not a good idea maybe work on how ezio's blood was turned to Templar in Haytham Kenway or even how he has a family in England or at the very least let us see Claudia Auditore went of after ezio left. or even take the idea of philip defranco and go back into the samurais anything but pirates or i can see assassins creed turning into a bad version of red dead redemption. if you read this thanks for your time - Tiloy

I completely agree. I also feel the Game Series is going in the wrong direction. I mean you have AC1 which was a perfect example of how a Assassins Game should be, same with AC2 and ACBH. The Last two installments have just been Terrible.

First off, In both ACR and AC3 you Rarely get to Assassinate Your Targets!, I mean isn't the Game called Assassins Creed? Where you Assassinate people, not walk around Stalking and Arguing with what should be done. I can Barely Remember ACR because, I never really got into it, but I can tell you that in AC3 there was more Stalking/Scouting and Arguing then there was Assassinating.

Secondly, in AC3 Connor felt more like a Soldier. He just walks out into Combat, Commands Armys, and does way to much Fighting with Guards. Aren't Assassins supposed to keep the Peace and be Stealthy?

Thirdly, Not everyone Likes a ****ing Pirate! If AC4 is about Pirates you can bet your *** I''ll most likely never buy it. My Favorite Developer piranha bytes made a Game Called Risen 2, and it was about Pirates and I'll never buy it because, of that, yet I've bought all there games Starting with Gothic 1. My point is, I garuntee most people feel the same way. Not everyone is a Pirates of the Caribbean person...........But who am I? Just a person who Bought the game, and a person who helped get Assassins Creed Recognized by Recommending it to alot of people. Feel like this Game series is heading in the Direction of Halo, which is a dieing Series.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm very happy with the setting for AC4. It looks stunning (what we have seen so far), varied and someplace I want to spend hours in. Pirate theme is cool. The naval combat in AC3 was allready good and the plan they have for expanding it is sound imo (seamless boarding, more enemy types etc). It also sounds like AC4 is going in a more sandboxy direction (aka more focus on events in the open world) which is also fantastic. The game director also spoke about much more open-ended missions, again the right idea.

Given what they have said so far it sounds to me like AC is moving in the right direction finally. However it's way too early to judge.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm very happy with the setting for AC4. It looks stunning (what we have seen so far), varied and someplace I want to spend hours in. Pirate theme is cool. The naval combat in AC3 was allready good and the plan they have for expanding it is sound imo (seamless boarding, more enemy types etc). It also sounds like AC4 is going in a more sandboxy direction (aka more focus on events in the open world) which is also fantastic. The game director also spoke about much more open-ended missions, again the right idea.

Given what they have said so far it sounds to me like AC is moving in the right direction finally. However it's way too early to judge.

I suggest it is best to be skeptical at this point. We have been lied to far too often in the past few games and quite frankly, I am not too sure if I want to believe in what the developers say in the interviews or the trailers. I'll decide if I will buy the game after substantial acclaim from both game reviews and fans of this site.

FrankieSatt
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't know what reason they have for turning ACIV into a Pirate/Naval game instead of an Assassin's Creed game other than the fact that the only thing people seem to enjoy about ACIII is the Naval part of the game.

This is why I said that ACIII needed to be the last game of the series because I knew they would basterdize the series for the sake of "Milking the Cash Cow" and that is exactly what they are doing. Desmond is dead, there is no reason for another ancestor nor need for the animus. There REALLY is no reason for a Pirate/Naval game and then try to sell it off as an Assassin's Creed game.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
I suggest it is best to be skeptical at this point. We have been lied to far too often in the past few games and quite frankly, I am not too sure if I want to believe in what the developers say in the interviews or the trailers. I'll decide if I will buy the game after substantial acclaim from both game reviews and fans of this site.

Funny thing is I made a very positive thread about what Hutchinson said about AC3 last year: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662715-Hutchinson-has-the-right-ideas-makes-me-optimistic!-Forums . That turned out to be completely wrong lol. There wasn't exactly "a more open game structure" and the game certainly didn't succeed in "strip back the ballooning complexity of the series' mechanics". I still think it was the right ideas, but AC3 moved in the opposite direction in both cases. So you are 100% correct. We must wait and see.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Right, but even the mission structures are fundamentally flawed. Look at Paul Revere's ride, I mean come on, this is not an Assassin's Creed gameplay! I think Assassin's Creed lost its way. The only game that felt like an assassin's game was the first one in which you actually had to spy, acquire information, locate and assassinate your target in ways that you see fit. They need to bring back what made Assassin's Creed special by looking at the first two games and some things in brotherhood.

And I'm stoked to see it return. While the games aren't perfect, they are really great work. You're right, the mission structure is one of the flaws. I acknowledge that. The problem that I have is that our focus seems to stay so much on the flaws instead of celebrating the great accomplishments of the games.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
And I'm stoked to see it return. While the games aren't perfect, they are really great work. You're right, the mission structure is one of the flaws. I acknowledge that. The problem that I have is that our focus seems to stay so much on the flaws instead of celebrating the great accomplishments of the games.

The series have been relatively static since ACII. Some changes that were worth celebrating such as subject 16 puzzles, assassin's tombs/ lair of romulus levels (which is alot shorter in ACIII), war machines, virtual training are all removed. The only thing they have done properly is naval combat. Like I said, there are things that made the games great and they need to bring them back

guardian_titan
03-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Massive run on sentence there. :p Stop, think, breathe, and consider breaking up your thoughts more rather than running it all together. Makes you look more intelligent when each thought is in its own sentence rather than all thrown together in a giant one.

As for the post content itself:

AC4 is not entirely on ships. You missed the part about Nassau, Havana, and Kingston and having 50 locations to visit? Also missed the interview stating the game would be roughly 60% land missions and 40% naval? There will be plenty of free running and assassinating on land.
I take it you missed the interview stating we were playing someone (technically it is us, the players) hired by Abstergo Entertainment to test the Animus game system? We're not playing anyone from the Miles family. Desmond's DNA was uploaded to the cloud at the end of AC3 so anyone can be playing through those memories after that point. If you find all of the pivots in the AC3 end game, you know how AC4 is possible without Desmond, William, Desmond's mother, or any other member of that family.
Pirates are a popular subject. This has been true for decades going back even further than the Treasure Island book released in 1883. Frankly, for me, the whole Japan/China setting just seems too cliché for an Assassin's Creed game. Why go cliché when you can do something unexpected? If Ubisoft did China or Japan, I'd get bored real fast since that's just too expected. Oh yay. Ninja assassins. :rolleyes: They'd really have to pull one amazing rabbit out of their hat to make that kind of setting not predictable. Maybe I've become burnt out on Japanese anime and the like over the years to really care about an Asian setting. Hey, at least it's not sparkling vampires and werewolves ... and zombies.
As for Ezio being related to Edward/Haytham/Connor, I take it you missed that Altair and Ezio are not related so how do we know Ezio is related to Edward, Haytham, and Connor? If anything, they're likely not related at all thus they're 3 separate family lines that led to Desmond. Also, it's explained how Haytham became a Templar in the Forsaken book. There's no real need to explain that further outside of maybe a better explanation in the game since so many people apparently have not read the book or even the wiki page for Haytham. The book is actually a good read ... if you like Haytham anyway. Might be boring if you don't like him. I haven't read a book in like 10 years. Bought Forsaken and finished it within a few days. I often found myself not wanting to put it down but only did so because I had other things to do or was tired.

joey-4321_web
03-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Massive run on sentence there. :p Stop, think, breathe, and consider breaking up your thoughts more rather than running it all together. Makes you look more intelligent when each thought is in its own sentence rather than all thrown together in a giant one.

As for the post content itself:

AC4 is not entirely on ships. You missed the part about Nassau, Havana, and Kingston and having 50 locations to visit? Also missed the interview stating the game would be roughly 60% land missions and 40% naval? There will be plenty of free running and assassinating on land.
I take it you missed the interview stating we were playing someone (technically it is us, the players) hired by Abstergo Entertainment to test the Animus game system? We're not playing anyone from the Miles family. Desmond's DNA was uploaded to the cloud at the end of AC3 so anyone can be playing through those memories after that point. If you find all of the pivots in the AC3 end game, you know how AC4 is possible without Desmond, William, Desmond's mother, or any other member of that family.
Pirates are a popular subject. This has been true for decades going back even further than the Treasure Island book released in 1883. Frankly, for me, the whole Japan/China setting just seems too cliché for an Assassin's Creed game. Why go cliché when you can do something unexpected? If Ubisoft did China or Japan, I'd get bored real fast since that's just too expected. Oh yay. Ninja assassins. :rolleyes: They'd really have to pull one amazing rabbit out of their hat to make that kind of setting not predictable. Maybe I've become burnt out on Japanese anime and the like over the years to really care about an Asian setting. Hey, at least it's not sparkling vampires and werewolves ... and zombies.
As for Ezio being related to Edward/Haytham/Connor, I take it you missed that Altair and Ezio are not related so how do we know Ezio is related to Edward, Haytham, and Connor? If anything, they're likely not related at all thus they're 3 separate family lines that led to Desmond. Also, it's explained how Haytham became a Templar in the Forsaken book. There's no real need to explain that further outside of maybe a better explanation in the game since so many people apparently have not read the book or even the wiki page for Haytham. The book is actually a good read ... if you like Haytham anyway. Might be boring if you don't like him. I haven't read a book in like 10 years. Bought Forsaken and finished it within a few days. I often found myself not wanting to put it down but only did so because I had other things to do or was tired.

M gonna read th e book soon I just have to get it from somewhere

SAT-14
03-08-2013, 01:33 AM
it`s not a naval game only. read before you post about something

rain89c
03-08-2013, 02:07 AM
I completely agree. I also feel the Game Series is going in the wrong direction. I mean you have AC1 which was a perfect example of how a Assassins Game should be, same with AC2 and ACBH. The Last two installments have just been Terrible.

First off, In both ACR and AC3 you Rarely get to Assassinate Your Targets!, I mean isn't the Game called Assassins Creed? Where you Assassinate people, not walk around Stalking and Arguing with what should be done. I can Barely Remember ACR because, I never really got into it, but I can tell you that in AC3 there was more Stalking/Scouting and Arguing then there was Assassinating.

Secondly, in AC3 Connor felt more like a Soldier. He just walks out into Combat, Commands Armys, and does way to much Fighting with Guards. Aren't Assassins supposed to keep the Peace and be Stealthy?

Thirdly, Not everyone Likes a ****ing Pirate! If AC4 is about Pirates you can bet your *** I''ll most likely never buy it. My Favorite Developer piranha bytes made a Game Called Risen 2, and it was about Pirates and I'll never buy it because, of that, yet I've bought all there games Starting with Gothic 1. My point is, I garuntee most people feel the same way. Not everyone is a Pirates of the Caribbean person...........But who am I? Just a person who Bought the game, and a person who helped get Assassins Creed Recognized by Recommending it to alot of people. Feel like this Game series is heading in the Direction of Halo, which is a dieing Series.
Finally someone who sees things exactly as I do. Pirates and Assassins = stupid combination, the pirate theme has absolutely no relevance to assassins, stealth, and camoflouging. Naval battles being one the least liked/BORING gameplay feature of AC3 is making its way back to AC4. Why stir focus away from what made AC games great in the first place? Such as depth of the city and free running, to some extend even the frontier depth and gameplay is do-able. But why glorify this worthless naval battle/ships that the majority won't find enjoyable? As well as it being highly irrelevant to what AC was known for. Why waste time on this silly naval system, when the time and resource could have gone to more appropriate developments?
I had high hopes for AC3 with its redeveloped system of free-running and animation despite the American setting being worthless and irrelevant as well. Ubi manage to mess up AC4 even more with this stupid extremely big turn off pirate theme and naval warfare... What could possibly be so fun about sailing on a gigantic ship and stealing other people's ship in rendered water????....wooopdeedoo, zZz. Ubisoft development team wake up!!! I only say this cause I love the AC franchise, Im not flaming Ubi.
AC has become less and less of a stealth game and has been glorified as an action rush in and kill everything game.
I hope AC5 dev team manages to redeem the franchise....
An AC set in Japan or China, a Ninja or similar trained to be an Assassin, not a pirate ... focus on the depth of the city, wow us with new innovative Assassin aesthetics!

Caeser_of_Rome
03-08-2013, 02:56 AM
I don't know what reason they have for turning ACIV into a Pirate/Naval game instead of an Assassin's Creed game other than the fact that the only thing people seem to enjoy about ACIII is the Naval part of the game.

This is why I said that ACIII needed to be the last game of the series because I knew they would basterdize the series for the sake of "Milking the Cash Cow" and that is exactly what they are doing. Desmond is dead, there is no reason for another ancestor nor need for the animus. There REALLY is no reason for a Pirate/Naval game and then try to sell it off as an Assassin's Creed game.

^ I Second this Notion! ^

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 04:23 AM
I don't know what reason they have for turning ACIV into a Pirate/Naval game instead of an Assassin's Creed game

Once again, I could really use that crystal ball mate.. would you consider selling it?

Look, what you choose to believe or not is your problem, but this statement right here is as false as it can be. The developers have denied this on multiple occasions. Do you consider AC III a hunting game instead of an AC game? Or do you consider ACB a city simulator than an AC game? Jeez.. On one hand people complain about AC becoming another CoD. On the other hand, change even an ounce of gameplay and people cry blasphemy.

Eternal Reward
03-08-2013, 04:25 AM
Hey, hey guys.

Why don't we wait until, I dunno, we hear Edward say a word before we pass judgement on what kind of game its gonna be, k?

LadyGahan2010
03-08-2013, 04:51 AM
it`s not a naval game only. read before you post about something
yes, NOT a naval game ONLY. What does that mean? It means there'll be at least 50% of missions on sea, and if you think the "50" locations" outside of sea will be anything interesting, you're delusional. Those will be tiny villages compared to cities in previous installments.
I agree with everyone who says AC lost its direction and that assassins and pirates is just wrong combination. Ubisoft seems to be tailoring the game for much younger audience than the 17 years old as it legally has been so far.

Anyway. Mark my words, you ALL will be back here whining and complaining about Black Flag the day after the release: boo hoo it's slow, boring, ships unmanageable boo hoo .
I for one am not buying AC4. After having all installments so far, all dlcs for every single game...
AC5: Zombies return, just wait for it.

Hey, hey guys.

Why don't we wait until, I dunno, we hear Edward say a word before we pass judgement on what kind of game its gonna be, k?

So why is everybody fangirling already, having seen 3 screenshots?

Eternal Reward
03-08-2013, 04:52 AM
yes, NOT a naval game ONLY. What does that mean? It means there'll be at least 50% of missions on sea, and if you think the "50" locations" outside of sea will be anything interesting, you're delusional. Those will be tiny villages compared to cities in previous installments.
I agree with everyone who says AC lost its direction and that assassins and pirates is just wrong combination. Ubisoft seems to be tailoring the game for much younger audience than the 17 years old as it legally has been so far.

Anyway. Mark my words, you ALL will be back here whining and complaining about Black Flag the day after the release: boo hoo it's slow, boring, ships unmanageable boo hoo .
I for one am not buying AC4. After having all installments so far, all dlcs for every single game...
AC5: Zombies return, just wait for it.

......first off, its 40% on sea.

Second, why don't you hand over your crystal ball as well. I wanna see all these boring and uninteresting gameplay videos your seeing.

LadyGahan2010
03-08-2013, 04:53 AM
and 40% and 50% is such a huge difference lol

Eternal Reward
03-08-2013, 04:56 AM
and 40% and 50% is such a huge difference lol

10% is more than it sounds like.

And, once again people, STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW A DARN THING ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!

monster_rambo
03-08-2013, 05:00 AM
What exactly do they mean by 50 locations? First of all, I don't know if this is another one of those claims that Ubisoft makes just to attract attention like when they said "2000 NPCs in a single sequencce". Second,, even if there are "50 locations", it does not mean that they are unique locations in which we spent some quality time in. This location could be a cutscene, something you pass through to get to a new area, a different sea location but of course can look the same as any sea locations by having big waves, etc, a landmark.....they don't necessarily refer to cities or tombs/lairs btw. I'm really starting to have my doubts. We'll just have to wait and see. And seriously, why not continue the storyline with the modern day assassins whom I have been follow so long; I want to know what happened to them and their story, not play as a startup Abstergo agent that barely knows templar vs. assassin background hired to do some research.

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 05:02 AM

Havana, Kingston, Nassau.. yep. Tiny villages indeed.

I for one am not buying AC4.

So that means atleast one less whiner? Well that's atleast something..

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 05:03 AM
And seriously, why not continue the storyline with the modern day assassins whom I have been follow so long; I want to know what happened to them and their story, not play as a startup Abstergo agent that barely knows templar vs. assassin background hired to do some research.

Who said they aren't? There's obviously a reason why Abstergo is interested in Desmond.

Lack of modern day missions =/= Lack of modern day story

Eternal Reward
03-08-2013, 05:05 AM
What exactly do they mean by 50 locations? First of all, I don't know if this is another one of those claims that Ubisoft makes just to attract attention like when they said "2000 NPCs in a single sequencce". Second,, even if there are "50 locations", it does not mean that they are unique locations in which we spent some quality time in. This location could be a cutscene, something you pass through to get to a new area, a different sea location but of course can look the same as any sea locations by having big waves, etc, a landmark.....they don't necessarily refer to cities or tombs/lairs btw. I'm really starting to have my doubts. We'll just have to wait and see. And seriously, why not continue the storyline with the modern day assassins whom I have been follow so long; I want to know what happened to them and their story, not play as a startup Abstergo agent that barely knows templar vs. assassin background hired to do some research.

50 locations, even if 35 of them are just little sea landmarks that are like five meters wide, is still a lot.

monster_rambo
03-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Who said they aren't? There's obviously a reason why Abstergo is interested in Desmond.

Lack of modern day missions =/= Lack of modern day story

I know there is still a modern day story but is the focus shifted to an Abstergo/templar's POV? I do not want to be playing as someone going into and out of the animus and reading emails. If they need to do this right, they need some kind of immersion into the modern day story by having better cutscenes...I don't know something that replaces modern day missions if they are removing it all together to tell a better story in the present because that is one of the reasons I have been following AC in the first place. I don't exacttly like the idea of having another person accessing Desmond's genetic memory. That will simply mean that any one can develop the bleeding effect and destroy the unique aspect of being part of the Assassin/TWCB lineage.

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Those 50 locations may just be a bunch of forests here, a plantation there, a ruin somewhere.. like there were scattered houses in the Frontier, just to break up the monotony of the sea. I'm not expecting something grandiose in those 50 locations.

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 05:14 AM
I know there is still a modern day story but is the focus shifted to an Abstergo/templar's POV? I do not want to be playing as someone going into and out of the animus and reading emails. If they need to do this right, they need some kind of immersion into the modern day story by having better cutscenes...I don't know something that replaces modern day missions if they are removing it all together to tell a better story in the present because that is one of the reasons I have been following AC in the first place. I don't exacttly like the idea of having another person accessing Desmond's genetic memory. That will simply mean that any one can develop the bleeding effect and destroy the unique aspect of being part of the Assassin/TWCB lineage.

there may still be cutscenes. remember the cutscenes of ACR ultiplayer? They were bad@ss and they were all in first person. We may even meet Alan Rikkin. Being an Abstergo employee enables us to see the war from another side. We played the first trilogy from Assassin's PoV.. now its time for a change maybe?

monster_rambo
03-08-2013, 05:16 AM
there may still be cutscenes. remember the cutscenes of ACR ultiplayer? They were bad@ss and they were all in first person. We may even meet Alan Rikkin. Being an Abstergo employee enables us to see the war from another side. We played the first trilogy from Assassin's PoV.. now its time for a change maybe?

I guess...and this is one of the things I have been so pissed about. There is so much back story revealed about the modern day templars and assassins in multiplayer and initiates that we don't find out or meet in ACIII. Seriously, bring the entire story over to single player where it belongs. Hopefully they address this in ACIV.

RinoTheBouncer
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I agree that we should've chosen a more relevant story but either way, I'll give the new game a chance.
I would've loved to see what became of the box Ezio gave to the Chinese girl in Embers or the future of his son and daughter or perhaps Altair's son, Darim.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I agree that we should've chosen a more relevant story but either way, I'll give the new game a chance.
I would've loved to see what became of the box Ezio gave to the Chinese girl in Embers or the future of his son and daughter or perhaps Altair's son, Darim.

Dont forget Darim hid Altair's books and codex pages in Alexandria Egypt..... que for the next setting :cool:

MasterSimaYi
03-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Dont forget Darim hid Altair's books and codex pages in Alexandria Egypt..... que for the next setting :cool:

Alexandria has been hinted of various more time, Darim going there with the remainder of Altaïr's books is in no way a hint to the next setting - especially not considering that Egypt, along with Feudal Japan and World War II, is considered one of the most unoriginal settings for the series. And if it was a hint, I don't think we would have gotten the American Revolution and now the Golden Age of Piracy first.

Also, Niccolò Polo took the Codex, not Darim. They lost it to the Mongols, Marco Polo retrieved it from Kublai Khan and brought it to Italy.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Alexandria has been hinted of various more time, Darim going there with the remainder of Altaïr's books is in no way a hint to the next setting - especially not considering that Egypt, along with Feudal Japan and World War II, is considered one of the most unoriginal settings for the series. And if it was a hint, I don't think we would have gotten the American Revolution and now the Golden Age of Piracy first.

Also, Niccolò Polo took the Codex, not Darim. They lost it to the Mongols, Marco Polo retrieved it from Kublai Khan and brought it to Italy.

I did not say it was a hint to the next setting i was merely talking metaphoricaly that on the basis of Darim going to Alexandria is a perfectly good reason for Egypt to be considered.

dxsxhxcx
03-08-2013, 01:38 PM

IMO Alex's words means nothing now that they are using Pirates as the theme for the next game, I'm not saying this is bad but if he (Alex) said that about Egypt, Japan, etc, in an attempt to say that they have plans to only use "unique" settings/eras then someone needs to inform this to whoever decide make an AC game about pirates.

FrankieSatt
03-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Once again, I could really use that crystal ball mate.. would you consider selling it?

Look, what you choose to believe or not is your problem, but this statement right here is as false as it can be. The developers have denied this on multiple occasions. Do you consider AC III a hunting game instead of an AC game? Or do you consider ACB a city simulator than an AC game? Jeez.. On one hand people complain about AC becoming another CoD. On the other hand, change even an ounce of gameplay and people cry blasphemy.

Let's see, about 95% of the 2 videos we saw shows Naval battles, ships and has a Pirate talking about the main character.... who happens to be a pirate. The box art has ships and the main character on a ship. About 95% of the new screenshots we have seen show ships, naval battles and the main character on a ship.

I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that the focus of this game is on Pirates, sailing ships and Naval game play. I have seen nothing that looks like an Assassin Creeds game. Hell, even ACIII looks like an Assassin's Creed game.... that is until you play it and realize how poor a game it is.

I don't mind changes, I wouldn't mind if they had added more naval game play to ACIV. To put the focus on Pirates, sailing ships and Naval game play in about 95% of everything we have seen so far shows alot about the game to those who are actually watching and pay attention to what they are seeing and hearing.

A pirate is a POOR choice for an Assassin, just like an Indian was a POOR choice for an Assassin. It showed in ACIII and it will show in ACIV.

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Let's see, about 95% of the 2 videos we saw shows Naval battles, ships and has a Pirate talking about the main character.... who happens to be a pirate. The box art has ships and the main character on a ship. About 95% of the new screenshots we have seen show ships, naval battles and the main character on a ship

I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that the focus of this game is on Pirates, sailing ships and Naval game play. I have seen nothing that looks like an Assassin Creeds game. Hell, even ACIII looks like an Assassin's Creed game.... that is until you play it and realize how poor a game it is.

I don't mind changes, I wouldn't mind if they had added more naval game play to ACIV. To put the focus on Pirates, sailing ships and Naval game play in about 95% of everything we have seen so far shows alot about the game to those who are actually watching and pay attention to what they are seeing and hearing.

So in a nutshell the developer interviews which state that 60% of all main missions would be land-based means nothing because you know, developers lie. Fair enough. But trailers and promo screenshots are always gospel truth! The irony..

A pirate is a POOR choice for an Assassin, just like an Indian was a POOR choice for an Assassin. It showed in ACIII and it will show in ACIV.

Your opinion. Typing them in caps doesn't make it the truth. A pirate and a native are both excellent choices IMO. Certainly better than a certain rich Italian playboy.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Let's see, about 95% of the 2 videos we saw shows Naval battles, ships and has a Pirate talking about the main character.... who happens to be a pirate. The box art has ships and the main character on a ship. About 95% of the new screenshots we have seen show ships, naval battles and the main character on a ship.

Actualy Edward Kenway was a Privateer turned Pirate, personaly i think its in interesting choice and lets face its never been done before and after seeing and reading what ubi is planing with this one i think its safe to say that potentialy this could be the best in the series, ubi have said that the game is 60% land 40% sea but taking into consideration that there will be underwater gameplay which also involves swimming or rowing to any of the 50 locations. so it wont be all Naval combat, i for one was not a fan of it in AC3 but its growing on me and if you think about some of the naval missions in AC3 did involve land based objectives so i think the challenge for ubi now is to strike a balance between the 2 gameplay elements from which i have no doubt they will deliver, the Assassins have been present in all major events in history so to be fair as ubi quite rightly put it history is their playground.

I am also very excited about exploring Cities like Havana, Kingston and hunting exotic species in the Jungle, this game is a major leap for the franchise one that has the potential to be the best in the series. i understand your concern though as i had a slight teething problem when AC3 was announced but when i started seing the videos and got hands experience i was blown away.

An Assassin Creed game can be anything it wants in terms of historical events and settings, thats the power of the Animus.

FrankieSatt
03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
So in a nutshell the developer interviews which state that 60% of all main missions would be land-based means nothing because you know, developers lie. Fair enough. But trailers and promo screenshots are always gospel truth! The irony..

Your opinion. Typing them in caps doesn't make it the truth. A pirate and a native are both excellent choices IMO. Certainly better than a certain rich Italian playboy.

What I'm saying is that 60/40 can easily become 50/50 if they decide that enough people love the Naval Game play over the regular Assassin's Creed game play. Even 40% Naval is too much. They are promoting the hell out the Naval aspect and the game itself has a naval tone to it, "Black Flag". The game feels too Naval and not enough Assassin's Creed.

Actualy Edward Kenway was a Privateer turned Pirate, personaly i think its in interesting choice and lets face its never been done before and after seeing and reading what ubi is planing with this one i think its safe to say that potentialy this could be the best in the series, ubi have said that the game is 60% land 40% sea but taking into consideration that there will be underwater gameplay which also involves swimming or rowing to any of the 50 locations. so it wont be all Naval combat, i for one was not a fan of it in AC3 but its growing on me and if you think about some of the naval missions in AC3 did involve land based objectives so i think the challenge for ubi now is to strike a balance between the 2 gameplay elements from which i have no doubt they will deliver, the Assassins have been present in all major events in history so to be fair as ubi quite rightly put it history is their playground.

I am also very excited about exploring Cities like Havana, Kingston and hunting exotic species in the Jungle, this game is a major leap for the franchise one that has the potential to be the best in the series. i understand your concern though as i had a slight teething problem when AC3 was announced but when i started seing the videos and got hands experience i was blown away.

An Assassin Creed game can be anything it wants in terms of historical events and settings, thats the power of the Animus.

As I said, the game doesn't "Feel" like an Assassin's Creed game with all the Naval aspects of it. A Pirate doesn't "Feel" like an Assassin any more than an Indian did. Altair and Ezio felt like Assassin's and they were born into the Brotherhood. Connor wasn't born into the Brotherhood and his reasoning for joining seems like Revenge more than wanting to actually help the order. I'm playing through ACIII again and I just don't feel the same away about his Character as I did Ezio, who I think was the best, or Altair.

Edward Kenway seems too much like Haythem Kenway. While Haythem seemed more like an Assassin than Conner, Edward doesn't seem to fit the order. I'm not sure if Edward was born into the order or not, I never read any AC books, but a Pirate doesn't seem to fit the "Order". A Pirate fits the mold of someone who wants money and fame and nothing else, not caring about the "Order" or anything else.

SixKeys
03-08-2013, 07:06 PM
As I said, the game doesn't "Feel" like an Assassin's Creed game with all the Naval aspects of it. A Pirate doesn't "Feel" like an Assassin any more than an Indian did. Altair and Ezio felt like Assassin's and they were born into the Brotherhood. Connor wasn't born into the Brotherhood and his reasoning for joining seems like Revenge more than wanting to actually help the order. I'm playing through ACIII again and I just don't feel the same away about his Character as I did Ezio, who I think was the best, or Altair.

Ezio wasn't born into the brotherhood either. He didn't even know what the assassins were before Uncle Mario told him years after Ezio's family fled Florence and didn't officially join them until the first fight with Rodrigo in Venice. The only reason Ezio became an assassin was a thirst for vengeance, just like Connor.

pirate1802
03-08-2013, 07:07 PM
What I'm saying is that 60/40 can easily become 50/50 if they decide that enough people love the Naval Game play over the regular Assassin's Creed game play. Even 40% Naval is too much. They are promoting the hell out the Naval aspect and the game itself has a naval tone to it, "Black Flag". The game feels too Naval and not enough Assassin's Creed.

The ratio is perfect for a character who is an assassin and also a pirate. Also the naval missions aren't you glued to the wheels. You can jump to the other ship and assassinate the other captain, pretty much like naval missions. But yeah, its a personal thing. i personally feel this could be the best AC yet but guess you can't please everyone.

but a Pirate doesn't seem to fit the "Order". A Pirate fits the mold of someone who wants money and fame and nothing else, not caring about the "Order" or anything else.

I'd say this very thing makes Edward potentially a far more interesting character than say Altair, or Ezio.

FrankieSatt
03-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Ezio wasn't born into the brotherhood either. He didn't even know what the assassins were before Uncle Mario told him years after Ezio's family fled Florence and didn't officially join them until the first fight with Rodrigo in Venice. The only reason Ezio became an assassin was a thirst for vengeance, just like Connor.

Ezio was born into the brotherhood. His father was an Assassin. While Ezio wanted Revenge for his father he also realized that the "Order" was more imporant than revenge. Playing through ACIII I don't think Conner ever realized that. I don't think Edward Kenway would even care enough about the order to follow any creed but his own, Money and Fame.

rain89c
03-08-2013, 07:43 PM

A Native Indian assassin was an excellent choice, they just did a bad job at refining the Native part of him. Why couldn't they spend the time they did with developing the character Ezio? If they had put that much effort into Connor as they did with Ezio, this Native assassin would have had great potential. A pirate on the other hand is a r3tarded choice however, pirates have no correlations to anything of an assassin of any sort. Where's the innovation of character design and aesthetics?? Edward is just a clone of Ezio. They really couldn't find a different assassin from the many influential fantastic fan arts out there? The dev teams couldn't design something creative??
There are so many places AC4 and AC3 could have gone to stand out, but they choose the most ridiculous settings with the most unattractive themes with the focus on the most irrelevant gameplay.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Edward Kenway seems too much like Haythem Kenway. While Haythem seemed more like an Assassin than Conner, Edward doesn't seem to fit the order. I'm not sure if Edward was born into the order or not, I never read any AC books, but a Pirate doesn't seem to fit the "Order". A Pirate fits the mold of someone who wants money and fame and nothing else, not caring about the "Order" or anything else.

But Connor come from the Assassin Lineage thats the difference, what i want to see from this game is Edwards transition from a pirate to an Assassin and for me the gamer to be part of that progress which ubi have said thats whats intended for the character to progress and become more skilled throughout the game. i understand about Edward not being born into the brotherhood hence why i am curious to know how he is enthralled with eagle vision but i guess when we play the game it will reveal answers because somewere he has the Assassin lineage in him it would not make sense otherwise.

Bastiaen
03-08-2013, 10:41 PM
But Connor come from the Assassin Lineage thats the difference, what i want to see from this game is Edwards transition from a pirate to an Assassin and for me the gamer to be part of that progress which ubi have said thats whats intended for the character to progress and become more skilled throughout the game. i understand about Edward not being born into the brotherhood hence why i am curious to know how he is enthralled with eagle vision but i guess when we play the game it will reveal answers because somewere he has the Assassin lineage in him it would not make sense otherwise.

It isn't being a part of the Assassin's order that grants eagle vision. It's being of a lineage that has First Civilization DNA. All our protagonists so far have had such a lineage, and it's what made Desmond so important.

joey-4321_web
03-08-2013, 11:42 PM
It isn't being a part of the Assassin's order that grants eagle vision. It's being of a lineage that has First Civilization DNA. All our protagonists so far have had such a lineage, and it's what made Desmond so important.

Yeah I still have no idea why most people hated desmond. Also what does TWCB mean?

Escappa
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Yeah I still have no idea why most people hated desmond. Also what does TWCB mean?

"Those who came before"

joey-4321_web
03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
"Those who came before"

*facepalm* I thought people were calling them first civ only. Still I should have seen it

Lolwoot_2
03-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Honestly, I have played every AC game and I was happy with all of them, the reason why is I never got so in depth with the game before it was released, so I never got my expectations up to high, I have played Through AC3 and I haven't noticed a single bug, maybe one or two with climbing. AC4 is looking great, with the variety of areas and cities to visit I think it will be a good game, only thing that I am worried about is that they are kind of rushing AC4, so we probably wont see so much of graphical/mechanics changes.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 02:59 AM
A pirate on the other hand is a r3tarded choice however, pirates have no correlations to anything of an assassin of any sort.

I can count the things that have no correlation with assassins but they ended up being so and people don't have problems with it. Prostitute assassins? How about mercenary assassins? A number of people would say a Native can't be a true assassin (for reasons which are borderline racist; not saying this about anyone on this particular thread) but you seem to disagree with them and think its a good choice. Assassins, contrary to popular perception, aren't a bunch of hooded people who stay detached with the world and only stab people. They live among us and have professions just like normal people. Sometimes they put up a front to hide their true identity. I honestly can't understand why assassins can be anything on god's green earth in the past games but make him a pirate and suddenly all hell breaks loose.

Edward is just a clone of Ezio.

Edward is an Ezio clone because he is a womanizer too? Okay..

They really couldn't find a different assassin from the many influential fantastic fan arts out there?

Then you'd be saying essentially the same thing. "The dev team so lazy they stole the fan art". There's a reason why developers almost never use fan-generated ideas despite them looking awesome.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-09-2013, 03:31 AM

Agreed, all you see on the Trailers and Screen shots is Edward on a ****ing ship. Sorry but shouldn't this title be 'Naval Wars' or some Faqqot Pirate name.

People saying 40% Sea 60% land, well 40% is still alot of time I wish I could spend on land, actually Assassinating people!

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 05:56 AM
just like an Indian was a POOR choice for an Assassin.
What an Idiotic thing to say...I`m surprised no one called you out for that Ignorant comment

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 06:15 AM
What an Idiotic thing to say...I`m surprised no one called you out for that Ignorant comment

I I was just thinking the same thing.. what the hell? Why would an Indian make a poor Assassin!?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-09-2013, 06:30 AM
I I was just thinking the same thing.. what the hell? Why would an Indian make a poor Assassin!?
Does it depends on race to be an Assassin?Native American was one the BEST choice for Assassin,he had more pain than anyone else.
These people are just a bunch of blind idiots,ignorant to the reviews or the interviews.And then there's stealth in ship to ship battle too..*cough*mast to mast*cough*.And 60% of that time on Land.
And stop being racist,anyways Indian means people who live in India..not those in the America.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 07:11 AM

Because you need to be a cool Italian or a bad@ss Arab to be a good Assassin it seems..

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM

I thought a Native American indian was a superb choice for an Assassin !! I love the fact that Connor was a hunter so i though that fitted very well with his title.

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Assassin's Creed was ruined in ACIII when stealth got even worst than it was in the past games, if you ask me.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Assassin's Creed was ruined in ACIII when stealth got even worst than it was in the past games, if you ask me.
I`d say it was ruined in AC II

Eternal Reward
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
I`d say it was ruined in AC II

Wait, why have you played it then?

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM

No i think what M was reffering to was just basic generalisation that AC1's stealth was far more superior to other games and that other AC titles has lost the stealth concept that AC1 had which admitingly he aint wrong i dont think he was reffering to AC4

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Because I love Assassins Creed..

Also...What he said ^

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM

So I can't have an opinion? GOD FORBID I express an opinion on a message board where opinions are SUPPOSED to be expressed. :rolleyes:

Oh I guess myself being of a distant Indian Heritage, my grandmother was Indian, means I can't have an opinion either right?

I'll say it again, an Indian was a poor choice for an assassin. Why? They don't fit the mold of Asassin's. They were worried about hding and avoiding contact with others, being left alone. Only Connor wanted to bring the fight to the enemy. Furthermore Connor wasn't full Indian, he got the vengance factor from his Father obviously considering what the Den Mother was saying about wanting to stay out of the conflict.

This has nothing to do with me disliking Indians, it has to do with them not fitting the mold of an Asassin. Altair and Ezio were born into the Brotherhood and influenced by their parents. Connor was influence by his mother and Den Mother of the tribe. His vengence was derived from his Father, not the Indian heritage.

Megas_Doux
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Wow..

It is almost as bad as saying that "assassins creed is not about the spoiled son of a rich italian banker" wait a minute......Ezio was not born an assassin, whereas connor was inducted at 14 years old; Ezio on the other hand was like 29....

And AC3, even though the restricted mission design, had more stealth than AC2.

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
The plot and etc. is still enticing, but the stealth gets worst every game, in my opinion.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
So I can't have an opinion? GOD FORBID I express an opinion on a message board where opinions are SUPPOSED to be expressed. :rolleyes:

Oh I guess myself being of a distant Indian Heritage, my grandmother was Indian, means I can't have an opinion either right?

I'll say it again, an Indian was a poor choice for an assassin. Why? They don't fit the mold of Asassin's. They were worried about hding and avoiding contact with others, being left alone. Only Connor wanted to bring the fight to the enemy. Furthermore Connor wasn't full Indian, he got the vengance factor from his Father obviously considering what the Den Mother was saying about wanting to stay out of the conflict.

This has nothing to do with me disliking Indians, it has to do with them not fitting the mold of an Asassin. Altair and Ezio were born into the Brotherhood and influenced by their parents. Connor was influence by his mother and Den Mother of the tribe. His vengence was derived from his Father, not the Indian heritage.
*Clan Mother...

Also, They`re not "Indians" Would someone with native heritage REALLY call himself "Indian" ? Come now...

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM

*Clan Mother...

Also, They`re not "Indians" Would someone with native heritage REALLY call himself "Indian" ? Come now...

So because I didn't use "Native American" you have a problem? Is the word "Indian" now considered hate speech?

Way to much "Political Correctness" going on and not enough common sense.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
So because I didn't use "Native American" you have a problem? Is the word "Indian" now considered hate speech?

Way to much "Political Correctness" going on and not enough common sense.
Just talk to someone with actual Native American Heritage. Call him Indian...See how he`ll react...Also, Yes..natives consider "Indian" stupid...

I`d say there`s enough common sense

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Just talk to someone with actual Native American Heritage. Call him Indian...See how he`ll react...Also, Yes..natives consider "Indian" stupid...

And the actual Indians consider "Indian" stupid as well.. :p

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Assassins are prominent in all walks of life cultures and creeds, the brotherhood not is ignorant enough to restrict its members to a single line and culture, the Assassins fight for freedon and peace in all things so to say an indian is a poor choice, my view is why not ? its an interesting concept Assassins hunt templars and Connor being a native American indian who has lived of the land and hunted for survial for pretty much most of his life is better fit than a rich spoilt banker who spends their days glugging wine and womanising but i am not going to the point were someone from that background is a bad choice because each Assassin is relevent to the setting and time period.

But hey that is your opinion.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
And the actual Indians consider "Indian" stupid as well.. :p
Asian then ?

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Asian then ?

"Indian" as in to describe the indigenous tribe of the American continent. The correct word in Red Indian. Indian means the inhabitants of a certain country in South Asia.. But now I suddenly find that I'm a relative of Connor! The joy!

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I'll say it again, an Indian was a poor choice for an assassin. Why? They don't fit the mold of Asassin's. They were worried about hding and avoiding contact with others, being left alone. Only Connor wanted to bring the fight to the enemy. Furthermore Connor wasn't full Indian, he got the vengance factor from his Father obviously considering what the Den Mother was saying about wanting to stay out of the conflict..

There were many "Indians" who fought on both sides of the war. Your assertion that ALL "Indians" were only worried about hiding and all is.. shall I say not very accurate. xD

And he got his "fighting" quality from his father? Have you noticed his other? She even put Haytham to shame at one point. Yeah.. "Indians" totally didn't have any fighting qualities..

and LOL @ Den Mother..

MasterSimaYi
03-09-2013, 03:38 PM
I think we are getting off-topic here. We should stick to the topic of this thread, which is answering the question "What is ubisoft done to assassin's creed". Do we have an answer yet?

SixKeys
03-09-2013, 03:38 PM

I'm sorry you have so little respect for your grandmother that you feel the need to insult her heritage.

Using "Indian" to refer to native Americans is not political correctness gone mad, it's just plain ignorant and incorrect. Why? Because they're not from India!

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I think we are getting off-topic here. We should stick to the topic of this thread, which is answering the question "What is ubisoft done to assassin's creed". Do we have an answer yet?

The way I see it, the following is happening:

Ubisoft is determined to push out a new AC every year. That's obvious by now. So they have two options.

1) Push out virtually identical AC games with minor changes and keep the purists (and their idea of AC) happy but risk being labelled the new CoD by the general populace (which is already happening)

2) Or change your game radically to bring something new and risk alienating the purists, but those craving for a change will be happy.

I think they are going for the second route and I'm happy for it. If we are gonna get a game every year might just get actually different games.
Either way I fear you'll not receive a definitive answer before October 30th.

FrankieSatt
03-09-2013, 03:54 PM

Ubisoft is determined to push out a new AC every year. That's obvious by now. So they have two options.

1) Push out virtually identical AC games with minor changes and keep the purists (and their idea of AC) happy but risk being labelled the new CoD by the general populace (which is already happening)

2) Or change your game radically to bring something new and risk alienating the purists, but those craving for a change will be happy.

I think they are going for the second route and I'm happy for it. If we are gonna get a game every year might just get actually different games.

They shouldn't be pushing about AC games every year. That's part of the problem, they are in such a rush to push out games that the quality and the overall story of the games is declining.

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
They shouldn't be pushing about AC games every year. That's part of the problem, they are in such a rush to push out games that the quality and the overall story of the games is declining.
I think the story`s doing fine...

SixKeys
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM

IMO you got the two audiences backwards in your first point. It's the "purists" that are complaining about the series turning into COD and the general public that is embracing the games turning into generic action. From what I've seen, most of the fans who've been with the series since the beginning don't mind changes, they just want the core experience to remain true to its roots. Throw in bombs and tree-climbing and naval warfare for all I care, as long as you keep the open-ended assassinations and stealth from the first game. Problem is, they haven't been doing that for the past 3 games.

It's not even that they are changing the game radically for the sake of being creative, they're actually trying to please everyone which is worse. They clearly want the games to go towards Uncharted-style cinematic action, but are desperately clinging to the notion that AC is still a stealth game. They want to kill off the modern day story because it hasn't been that popular, but aren't ready to ditch it altogether, so they retcon it somewhat in an effort to please the old fans which only manages to confuse and annoy them. They keep piling on new features that are getting further and further away from the tenets of the titular creed ("stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent - but beavers and pirates are okay") yet insist that every new main character is still an assassin through and through.

Ubisoft is trying to cater to all audiences by throwing too many ingredients into the soup. If they really want AC to become a pure action game, fine, they can go ahead. They'll risk alienating old fans but in the process they might create something that's better than the odd mish-mash of pseudo-stealth, sci-fi, pirate whaling adventure that we currently have.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
IMO you got the two audiences backwards in your first point. It's the "purists" that are complaining about the series turning into COD and the general public that is embracing the games turning into generic action. From what I've seen, most of the fans who've been with the series since the beginning don't mind changes, they just want the core experience to remain true to its roots. Throw in bombs and tree-climbing and naval warfare for all I care, as long as you keep the open-ended assassinations and stealth from the first game. Problem is, they haven't been doing that for the past 3 games. .

let me pose this hypothetical question to you. I know they are notorious for lying but, considering what they're saying is actually true and this game has Ac1 style open ended assassinations and stealth would you be fine with it or the pirate nature of the game still rankle, assuming they don't mess up in any other area.

By purists I meant those who have one look at the game trailer and say naaah Assassins wasn't about Pirates! And by becoming CoD I was referring more to the "new game every year with little change" line. IMO AC has becoming more-and-more action oriented since ACB and I don't like it either. I remember seeing the ACR E3 demo of the Greek fire and thinking... is this the same AC??

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 04:17 PM
The only problem I see with Assassin's Creed that has always sucked and will likely never get better is the stealth. Stealth is horrid in AC games compared to other games, but it's understandable. The Hashshashin were never really secrative about what they did.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
The only problem I see with Assassin's Creed that has always sucked and will likely never get better is the stealth. Stealth is horrid in AC games compared to other games, but it's understandable. The Hashshashin were never really secrative about what they did.

I thought the Hashsishin were like ninjas, who revolved around Stealth. But I agree with what you say. The Assassins Games always kinda lacked stealth, in AC3 it was kinda better for the Ability to lean on walls in the center of people, and hide in bushes and walks through them, but the game overall rarely used those stealth mechanics.

Perk89
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Just another "zomg we need nernjas!!" d-bag nothing to see here folks

"but but but I read on gamefaqs that that that I was gonna be a Samuel-eye in fwoodal japan!!!"

Perk89
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
I thought the Hashsishin were like ninjas, who revolved around Stealth. But I agree with what you say. The Assassins Games always kinda lacked stealth, in AC3 it was kinda better for the Ability to lean on walls in the center of people, and hide in bushes and walks through them, but the game overall rarely used those stealth mechanics.

false. The hashashin were nothing like ninjas, which is why you'll never see a game where the assassins are acting like something they're not-ninjas.