PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Assassins Creed 3?

NzyShe
03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
So hey everybody!
Let's get to the point, shall we?
Well, I want your opinion on buying Assassins Creeds 3, the game looks promising with the hunting and tree climbing and other features I'm too lazy to mention but I haven't seen it all, some people says it sucks and not like the other Assassins Creed games, is it really?
I really don't want to waste my money on it so please reply.
P.S: I already have Far Cry 3 (IT'S AWESOME!), so please you don't have to suggest it.
Greetings.

D.I.D.
03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
It depends what kinds of things you like.

It's beautiful, so if you enjoy exploration and collectables then you'll love the maps and the way they change with the seasons. It's not as good on excitement or fun though, so the "game" part of AC3 feels a bit like an afterthought for large parts of the time. If you value quality dialogue then you're going to find your palm meeting your face quite a lot too.

I doubt that you'll totally hate it unless you've got a very binary "love or hate" approach to games, but for me it was decent but not great. I don't regret buying it, but I won't play it again and I couldn't really recommend it to someone who doesn't already love the series. Hopefully the next game will be better, but these last two AC games have been disappointing to me.

rileypoole1234
03-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't think you'll love it, but you probably won't hate it. Don't get too excited because you might get disappointed based off of your expectations.

x___Luffy___x
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
AC 3 was not on par with the hype it created before it was released . even so it is a great game , i personally like it. i would recommend it..

silvermercy
03-07-2013, 07:23 PM
For me it didn't suck at all. Even if it sucked I'd still play it for the story continuity. Just make sure to play all the Homestead missions.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
As a game it falls way short. The mission design is atrocious. And I do mean absolutely hideous. For the most part you will walk/run/ride from green marker to green marker tapping a button to interact (interact in this game means watching a cut-scene). There are only two real assassination missions and they are staged in a way that gives you very little freedom. The beginning of the game is the slowest I have ever experienced. The first 5-10h are basically tutorial levels.

The different gameplay elements are about the same quality as before. Combat is slightly better, more fluid and offers a bit more options. Not as good as the Arkham games though. Stealth is also slightly improved, but the AI is still all over the place. Hunting is not fun. Tracking animals is reduced to walking to a magnifying glass and tapping a button. There is no free-aim so to shoot an animal you tap another button. To then skin them you walk up to their corpse and tap yet another button. Gets old fast. Treerunning is very impressive and AC3 has the best climbable forest I have ever seen in a game.

Even though AC3 is very poor as a game there are many other things to appreciate. The world is stunning and unique, especially the frontier. Connor's story is interesting and touching. There are other story elements beside the main one such as the Homestead and your recruits that flesh out Connor's character.

In summary it depends on what you are looking for. If you want an exciting, challenging and well designed game, this is not it. If you are interested in watching/listening to a story, exploring unique and beautiful locations and watch cool things happening AC3 is great.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
As a game it falls way short. The mission design is atrocious. And I do mean absolutely hideous. For the most part you will walk/run/ride from green marker to green marker tapping a button to interact (interact in this game means watching a cut-scene). There are only two real assassination missions and they are staged in a way that gives you very little freedom. The beginning of the game is the slowest I have ever experienced. The first 5-10h are basically tutorial levels.

The different gameplay elements are about the same quality as before. Combat is slightly better, more fluid and offers a bit more options. Not as good as the Arkham games though. Stealth is also slightly improved, but the AI is still all over the place. Hunting is not fun. Tracking animals is reduced to walking to a magnifying glass and tapping a button. There is no free-aim so to shoot an animal you tap another button. To then skin them you walk up to their corpse and tap yet another button. Gets old fast. Treerunning is very impressive and AC3 has the best climbable forest I have ever seen in a game.

Even though AC3 is very poor as a game there are many other things to appreciate. The world is stunning and unique, especially the frontier. Connor's story is interesting and touching. There are other story elements beside the main one such as the Homestead and your recruits that flesh out Connor's character.

In summary it depends on what you are looking for. If you want an exciting, challenging and well designed game, this is not it. If you are interested in watching/listening to a story, exploring unique and beautiful locations and watch cool things happening AC3 is great.
Correction:Assassin's Creed 3 is the only game with near accurate forest tree climbing design.

I would recommend the game to anyone,easily beating any ACs(hope not blackflags).Cba writing a big post about this.

ShrunkLawyer0
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
depends on what your looking for as the others pointed out the game is beautiful however the combat is terrible i much perfer ac 2 or revelations for combat that however is my personal opinion but if your looking for visually stunning then yes

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
It's amazing. Pessimists will disagree, but you should buy it.

NzyShe
03-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the opinions, guys!
I'll take them for consideration.
Thank you all.

FrankieSatt
03-12-2013, 09:10 PM
It really depends. I personally would not recommend it. I'm playing through a second time to see if it's any better, and it is somewhat. However, Connor is a terrible ancestor when compared to Altair and Ezio. Hunting and Tree Climbing are not very fun and gets tedious over time.

The most enjoyable part of the game is actually the naval part, which should tell you something about the actual Assassin's part of the game.

If you want to get a feel for ACIV, get ACIII and play the naval missions. Otherwise I would wait for it to get to the bargin bin and pick it up for $10.

pacmanate
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't. Its not really a step up at all in the series, Tree running is good, but the cons outway the pros. The story is weak, the ending is rushed, Connor just doesn't fit in with Altair and Ezio even though those two are completely different. The architecture is boring, the graphics are not that good because of the AA, the frame rate drops constantly and the draw distance is bad. The hunting system is bad and full of QTE and poses no challenge.

VitaminsXYZ
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I doubt you'll get a consensus from us. I for one, loved it, and it's probably my favorite AC to date.

If anything you could just wait until the price goes down before getting it.

HeedfulMass4856
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
So hey everybody!
Let's get to the point, shall we?
Well, I want your opinion on buying Assassins Creeds 3, the game looks promising with the hunting and tree climbing and other features I'm too lazy to mention but I haven't seen it all, some people says it sucks and not like the other Assassins Creed games, is it really?
I really don't want to waste my money on it so please reply.
P.S: I already have Far Cry 3 (IT'S AWESOME!), so please you don't have to suggest it.
Greetings.
Two words: HELL-NO

ACIII is one of those games you'll enjoy more if you watch a YouTube celebrity gamer play it rather than play it yourself.

likeyou254
03-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Multiplayer is worth buying (atleast for me personally) because it's exciting and keeps getting updated with new extra contents you can purchase.

emperior
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Buy it for singleplayer, it's awesome. But don't play that crappish multiplayer.

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Answer to your question yes i recomend buy it .

IMO i loved the game admitingly AC2 is till my favorite but AC3 is like a breath of fresh air to the series, aside from the Hunting, tree running and MP experience the frontier is amazing and graphicaly its awesome, Connor has some really slick fighting skills so the combat system is a step up to what it used to be, the game also has amazing weather effects which is shown off in all its glory when the Snow sets in the Frontier, aside from a few little bugs which ubi have sent out title updates the game is fantastic especialiy when your in the frontier ambushing Red coats and Templar convoys which the rope dart ( which i personaly love ) was an awesome addition to Connors arsenal - is fantastic for stringing up un suspecting guards from tree tops. the tree running is good because it presents and opportunity tacticaly sneak up on your targets.

The Naval combat - admitingly i was not a great fan off but its growing on me .

Thats my opinion.

SixKeys
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
If you really want to play it, I would wait until the game is in the bargain bin. It's my least favorite game in the series so far.