PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kenway Lineage and Eagle Vision !

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Ok we all know now that Edward Kenway is a pirate who was trained by Assassins but i was thinking Eagle vision ? now as we know this is an ability passed through ones Lineage for example Ezio was granted this ability from his father now i was thinking if Edward Kenway ( i could be wrong ) encountered the Assassins which resulted in his training and him joining the brotherhood were would his eagle vision ( sixth sense ) come into this ? this is not an ability you can just learn you have to be born with it .

Soooi was thinking did Edward have predecessors family members that was born into the Assassin brotherhood if so then it would make sense for him to be granted with this ability.

What do you all think ?

emperior
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Haytham had the Eagle Eye so Edward has too.

Assassin_M
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
You do not have to be an Assassin of Assassin lineage to possess eagle vision..

It`s not exclusive to the Assassins...

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:09 AM
No your missing the point the character reveal said that Edward was trained by the Assassins and does not say anywere that he was born from the Assassin Lineage, eagle vision something that is passed down through the Assassin bloodline so i am wondering were Edward got it from if his genetic make up was not of the Assassin lineage ?

montagemik
03-07-2013, 11:11 AM
I'd say it's a given for this character type alone. .
Bound to be used searching for treasures / targets at some point ingame - Would've also been useful to him as a privateer before joining the Assassin's .

Eagle vision for Eddie = yeah i think so.

dxsxhxcx
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
No your missing the point the character reveal said that Edward was trained by the Assassins and does not say anywere that he was born from the Assassin Lineage, eagle vision something that is passed down through the Assassin bloodline so i am wondering were Edward got it from if his genetic make up was not of the Assassin lineage ?

eagle vision has nothing to do with you being an Assassin or not

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I'd say it's a given .
Bound to be used searching for treasures / targets at some point ingame - Would've also been useful to him as a privateer before joining the Assassin's .

Eagle vision for Eddie = yeah i think so.

Oh yeah i agree Edward will have it , but do you not see were i am coming from ? i would like to think that Edward Kenway's bloodline was Assassin lineage but eagle is trait thats passed down so i am thinking if he encountered the Assassins and trained with them were did he get it from ?

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
eagle vision has nothing to do with you being an Assassin or not

But all the games have preached that its passed down through lineage , and i can't say its a coincidence that wether or not one is trained by the Assassins automatically has this ability .

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I still refuse to believe Giovanni had eagle vision.

But chances are Edward will, purely because it's one of the core features of the games. Or at least one of the most traditional.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 11:22 AM
You guys are missing the question. OP is asking how Edward inherited it. If he had family before, why wasn't he born into the brotherhood? Its a good question, one I cannot answer but will most likely be told in game :)

dxsxhxcx
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
But all the games have preached that its passed down through lineage , and i can't say its a coincidence that wether or not one is trained by the Assassins automatically has this ability .

I don't remember they explicit saying that this was something exclusive from the Assassins...

"Though every human held the potential for it, bloodlines of humans who had interbred with their creators held a greater concentration of the necessary genes, and were thus more likely to exhibit the ability."

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eagle_Vision

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't remember they explicit saying that this was something exclusive from the Assassins...

"Though every human held the potential for it, bloodlines of humans who had interbred with their creators held a greater concentration of the necessary genes, and were thus more likely to exhibit the ability."

But lets just say he doesnt have a great concentration, then no eagle vision. And if he does, then that is great coincidence :P

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Like people said, being born an assassin doesn't give you eagle vision, it's a genetic trait. Assassin training might help unlock eagle vision, or help train it to it's full potential.
But everyone is born with the possibility of having eagle vision, as everyone is descended from TWCB, but some lines may have sligtly more TWCB in their heritage, such as the kenways. And Desmond, due to being the convergence of all these TWCB rich lines, probably had the most TWCB dna in him, yet he couldn't use eagle vision until he went into the animus.

So Edward will have eagle vision mainly because of his lineage, but the life he led may have helped unlock it or hone it. Like Connor, not born an assassin, but i'm sure his life as a native would have really helped hone his senses.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Ok so if it was not exclusively for Assassins then why did not general NPC's in the previous games also have the ability then, this is what gave the Assassins the edge granted this link tells you what eagle vision is but every Assassins Creed game this ability has been exclusively for the main protagonist .

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Ok so if it was not exclusively for Assassins then why did not general NPC's in the previous games also have the ability then, this is what gave the Assassins the edge granted this link tells you what eagle vision is but every Assassins Creed game this ability has been exclusively for the main protagonist .

Though every human held the potential for it,.."

That doesn't mean every human does have it.

LaVolpe07
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Edward could be born into the brotherhood. we don't know cuz it was just a trailer. as for how Edward got eagle vision, simple somewhere in his bloodline his ancestors did the dirty limbo with one of ezios decedents. the Edward inherited it and was found and recruited by the brotherhood. Edward lives his assassin life has a son named haythem who betrays his bloodline and becomes a templar. later haythem has Connor and we all know that tragic story.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Though every human held the potential for it,.."

That doesn't mean every human does have it.

Ok answer this then if every human has the potential for it but not all humans do then why does every Assassin protagonist have this then. all the games have preached that its an ability passed through lineage so my question is if `Edward was not of that lineage were did he get the ability from and why would ubi break the tradition that and totally contradict the previous games ?

i mean are these individuals selected by the order because of this gift or because they want to make a difference ? or does the training enhance their senses ? because as i understand it this ability has been passed down in all the games.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Edward could be born into the brotherhood. we don't know cuz it was just a trailer. as for how Edward got eagle vision, simple somewhere in his bloodline his ancestors did the dirty limbo with one of ezios decedents. the Edward inherited it and was found and recruited by the brotherhood. Edward lives his assassin life has a son named haythem who betrays his bloodline and becomes a templar. later haythem has Connor and we all know that tragic story.

No, we know edward wasn't born into the brotherhood. The devs have said so.
Also Ezio's isn't the only line with eagle vision.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:45 AM
No, we know edward wasn't born into the brotherhood. The devs have said so.
Also Ezio's isn't the only line with eagle vision.

But Ezio come from an Assassin Lineage as did Connor through Haytham so begs the question were did Edwards Assassin lineage come from ? i think just encountering the Assassins and training with them is kind of a blank canvass of concept because every Assassin we have witnessed was born into this order.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
But Ezio come from an Assassin Lineage as did Connor through Haytham so begs the question were did Edwards Assassin lineage come from ? i think just encountering the Assassins and training with them is kind of a blank canvass of concept because every Assassin we have witnessed was born into this order.

I'm fairly sure that's precisely what happens. Edward encounters the assassins, or the encounter him, he ends up joining them, they train him, he helps them.
For all we know there were assassins further back in Edwards line, but he himself was not a born and raised assassin.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I think what OP is saying is why do only Assassins use it as well as how did Edward inherit it.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I think what OP is saying is why do only Assassins use it as well as how did Edward inherit it.

It's not only assassins, i'm fairly sure Giovanni Borgia had it.

And ANYONE CAN HAVE EAGLE VISION!!!!!!!
Chances are the Kenway line is one of those stronger ones, or maybe even his mothers line.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 11:53 AM
It's not only assassins, i'm fairly sure Giovanni Borgia had it.

And ANYONE CAN HAVE EAGLE VISION!!!!!!!
Chances are the Kenway line is one of those stronger ones, or maybe even his mothers line.

I know anyone can have it... nevermind :P

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Exactly my point !! we all new each Assassin in the game come from an Assassin Lineage, Haytham was not an Assassin his father was a pirate trained by Assassins , i just find it a coincidence that the Kenways have this ability i they are not of the Assassin Lineage .

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Exactly my point !! we all new each Assassin in the game come from an Assassin Lineage, Haytham was not an Assassin his father was a pirate trained by Assassins , i just find it a coincidence that the Kenways have this ability i they are not of the Assassin Lineage .

They might be, perhaps Edwards father wasn't an assassin, but doesn't mean the others in his line weren't
Maybe Ed's father was, but never initiated Edward.
For all i know Edward is an orphan.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:57 AM
They might be, perhaps Edwards father wasn't an assassin, but doesn't mean the others in his line weren't
Maybe Ed's father was, but never initiated Edward.
For all i know Edward is an orphan.

This is my question , obi have said he is a pirate trained by Assassin so is it coincidence that every member has this ability even though they don't come from a direct line of Assassin lineage ?

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I think this is why Edward has it. Think about it like you need a certain percentage of DNA to have access to eagle vision, lets say 60% TWCB DNA. It could just be a convergence of lots of inheritances of DNA from his mother and father, and their mother and father and so on. He probably just inherited all of that which is why he has it, and thus starts off his own lineage.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I think this is why Edward has it. Think about it like you need a certain percentage of DNA to have access to eagle vision, lets say 60% TWCB DNA. It could just be a convergence of lots of inheritances of DNA from his mother and father, and their mother and father and so on. He probably just inherited all of that which is why he has it, and thus starts off his own lineage.

Clever scientific study on ubi's behalf but i just think this a major contradiction from a story point of view.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't really like the way people talk about TWCB dna, like it's some kind of fluid, and someone's Dna can be made of 2 parts human and 1 part TWCB. That's not how it works.
Everyone has TWCB genes, some people may have more, some people may have more dominant TWCB genes. Chances are that the more of TWCB are in your lineage The more likely is it various genes will be dominant, so it's more like a probability thing. And as always, there are exceptions..

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't really like the way people talk about TWCB dna, like it's some kind of fluid, and someone's Dna can be made of 2 parts human and 1 part TWCB. That's not how it works.
Everyone has TWCB genes, some people may have more, some people may have more dominant TWCB genes. Chances are that the more of TWCB are in your lineage The more likely is it various genes will be dominant, so it's more like a probability thing. And as always, there are exceptions..

So every Assassin protagonist is one of those rare exceptions ?

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM

You cant have more dominant genes. You either have dominant or recessive so that doesnt make sense. What makes sense is just that TWCB genes are dominant to any other genes in a persons DNA. So having more TWCB dna in you means more dominant genes, which means more expression of that characteristic.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
You cant have more dominant genes. You either have dominant or recessive so that doesnt make sense. What makes sense is just that TWCB genes are dominant to any other genes in a persons DNA. So having more TWCB dna in you means more dominant genes, which means more expression of that characteristic.

I'm not saying i know how it works, but the way people talk about having more TWCB DNA doesn't make sense either.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm not saying i know how it works, but the way people talk about having more TWCB DNA doesn't make sense either.

Well it does if you look at it biologically. DNA contains genes, genes express characteristics. You have dominant and recessive genes. If you have a dominant one and a recessive, the dominant one will take over so to speak and that characteristic will be displayed.

If you have more TWCB DNA, then you have more dominant TWCB genes in your DNA. This then means you have that characteristic displayed even more than someone who has little TWCB DNA. Thats why I said Edward could have convergence of lots of small amounts of TWCB DNA and his TWCB exceeded the threshold for those characteristics to take hold.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Wether or not one has more of one gene that the other this still does not answer how Edward got this ability if he was not part of the Assassin lineage as the story dictates that its an ability of one born of the order like Altair and Ezio.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Wether or not one has more of one gene that the other this still does not answer how Edward got this ability if he was not part of the Assassin lineage as the story dictates that its an ability of one born of the order like Altair and Ezio.

Yes it does. Because everyone has small amounts. Eagle Vision is only expressed when a person exceeds the amount of TWCB DNA needed for it to be expressed.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes it does. Because everyone has small amounts. Eagle Vision is only expressed when a person exceeds the amount of TWCB DNA needed for it to be expressed.

Oh ok genetics is not my strongest subject but they way ubi have explained it all along is one born of the Assassin lineage maybe we will understand more when the game is released.

silvermercy
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I've worked in a gene therapy lab once; the geneticist in me must speak. lol There's all kinds of dominance types: co-dominance, intermediate, sex-linked, sex-limited, allelic dominance, and all kinds of combinations of these. And don't forget gene mutations! lol XD

Do we have any info regarding Edward's own father?? Or his grandfather??

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Eagle Vision isn't Assassin exclusive,it is exclusive to anyone,lets say 1 in 10 million has it.Desmond was one of the lucky guys.He had more TWCB genes than his father/mother.Its pure luck that most of those who posses EV end up with the Assassin.Prime example is Giovanni Borgia.He was born into the Templar family,but began to "see" eagles and many other objects sometimes.He also activated the AOE with ease,despite being 5.Due to this vision,he located the Assassin,his would-be mentor.

And anyways,Eagle Vision is a 6th sense,with above average human observation skills and to detect foes and friends.What we see in the game,as the dark blue background with white,yellow,gold,red is nothing buy Animus' Projection.Ezio,Altair,Rahtonhake:ton,Desmond had these extraordinary observation skills.Ezio,easily detected the secret room in his home at the start of AC2 and the buttons to activate the Minerva vault door.Altair could easily detect his enemies from far away.Rahtonhake:ton could see,observe and detect faint marks,tracks even if snow enveloped it.

Desmond was able to see the markings of Clay's blood writing,which were probably removed by Abstergo,A normal human won't be able to do that unless using technology.He also saw those fingerprints on the elevator buttons and used it.The appearance of Ezio over the villa was pure effects of the bleeding effect.The differentiation is just for over convenience and Desmond's.

In the end Eagle vision is nothing but an extraordinary observation skill.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Eagle Vision isn't Assassin exclusive,it is exclusive to anyone,lets say 1 in 10 million has it.Desmond was one of the lucky guys.He had more TWCB genes than his father/mother.Its pure luck that most of those who posses EV end up with the Assassin.Prime example is Giovanni Borgia.He was born into the Templar family,but began to "see" eagles and many other objects sometimes.He also activated the AOE with ease,despite being 5.Due to this vision,he located the Assassin,his would-be mentor.

And anyways,Eagle Vision is a 6th sense,with above average human observation skills and to detect foes and friends.What we see in the game,as the dark blue background with white,yellow,gold,red is nothing buy Animus' Projection.Ezio,Altair,Rahtonhake:ton,Desmond had these extraordinary observation skills.Ezio,easily detected the secret room in his home at the start of AC2 and the buttons to activate the Minerva vault door.Altair could easily detect his enemies from far away.Rahtonhake:ton could see,observe and detect faint marks,tracks even if snow enveloped it.

Desmond was able to see the markings of Clay's blood writing,which were probably removed by Abstergo,A normal human won't be able to do that unless using technology.He also saw those fingerprints on the elevator buttons and used it.The appearance of Ezio over the villa was pure effects of the bleeding effect.The differentiation is just for over convenience and Desmond's.

In the end Eagle vision is nothing but an extraordinary observation skill.

Ok but the question is the series has made out to be Assassin exclusive thats my point, if this is the case then why don't any other npc's in the game have this ? think about if they gad this ability then then it would be more of challenge from the player point of view.

@silvermercy from what i understand the only connection Edward has with the Assassins was he was trained by them and ultimately became one thats all ?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok but the question is the series has made out to be Assassin exclusive thats my point, if this is the case then why don't any other npc's in the game have this ? think about if they gad this ability then then it would be more of challenge from the player point of view.

@silvermercy from what i understand the only connection Edward has with the Assassins was he was trained by them and ultimately became one thats all ?
Because their bloodline had more traces of twcb genes,but requires some "training" of sorts.I believe many people had somewhat more twcb genes but didn't had the potential to activate the eagle vision.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I've worked in a gene therapy lab once; the geneticist in me must speak. lol There's all kinds of dominance types: co-dominance, intermediate, sex-linked, sex-limited, allelic dominance, and all kinds of combinations of these. And don't forget gene mutations! lol XD

Do we have any info regarding Edward's own father?? Or his grandfather??

I know this but there is no point confusing people! Sticking with Dominant and Recessive is enough to understand this. The more you have, the more is expressed, its simple!

silvermercy
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I know this but there is no point confusing people! Sticking with Dominant and Recessive is enough to understand this. The more you have, the more is expressed, its simple!
It wouldn't exactly work that way, but yes it's simpler.

LightRey
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Basically this, but it's more than that. Every human can unlock it. It's just easier if you have the right genes.

emperior
03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Desmond himself unlocks it by reliving Altair's memories.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Desmond himself unlocks it by reliving Altair's memories.

But the point is Desmond is part of the same Lineage so this ability would have already been part of his genetic make up i agree the the animus helped unlock these abilities but they was still part of him regardless.

What i am saying is Edward Kenway was trained by Assassins, there is nothing to say his lineage is Assassins.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
But the point is Desmond is part of the same Lineage so this ability would have already been part of his genetic make up i agree the the animus helped unlock these abilities but they was still part of him regardless.

What i am saying is Edward Kenway was trained by Assassins, there is nothing to say his lineage is Assassins.

To be fair, everyone shares a single lineage. we all have a common ancestor, this Mitochondrial eve business.

or so i'm told...

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
To be fair, everyone shares a single lineage. we all have a common ancestor, this Mitochondrial eve business.

or so i'm told...

Well i disagree with we share the same lineage, because in AC3 when juno makes contact with Connor she explains to him that his is a rare lineage.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Well i disagree with we share the same lineage, because in AC3 when juno makes contact with Connor she explains to him that his is a rare lineage.

Well if you're saying connors line is seperate from everyone elses, then he would be so inbred that he'd have 3 eyes and be unable to count to potato.

LightRey
03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
That just means he is part of a special branch. Everyone still has a common ancestor.

ArabianFrost
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
You know when they said they're getting rid of useless mechanics? Maybe eagle vision is one of them. Edward wasn't really of assassin lineage so it explains them getting rid of eagle vision. As to why Haytham has it, is probably due to Edward conceiving the Haytham from someone with assassin lineage. Even if, it wouldn't really matter since we have the spyglass now which may rid us of eagle vision, though I wouldn't really advocate for that.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 04:32 PM
But Edward is an assassin, maybe he wasn't born one, but he's destined to be one, he no doubt becomes a very good assassin.

ArabianFrost
03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Never said he wasn't an assassin. I said he wasn't of assassin LINEAGE which explains his lack of eagle vision.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Never said he wasn't an assassin. I said he wasn't of assassin LINEAGE which explains his lack of eagle vision.

You say that like he doesn't have it.

No doubt the thing that makes him a good assassin is all that tasty TWCB dna in him.

Noble6
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
He may not have eagle vision since Haytham may have got the TWCB genes from her mother. I think he will propably have eagle vision for gameplay purposes. I have always thought that since the assassins protagonist have more TWCB genes than other people they also have more potential to become more strong and agile than others. It would explain why assassins with eagle sense become so skilled.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
He may not have eagle vision since Haytham may have got the TWCB genes from her mother. I think he will propably have eagle vision for gameplay purposes. I have always thought that since the assassins protagonist have more TWCB genes than other people they also have more potential to become more strong and agile than others. It would explain why assassins with eagle sense become so skilled.

That is indeed true. Or i believe it to be true, i'm sure i heard somewhere that that is true.

ArabianFrost
03-07-2013, 05:46 PM
That is indeed true. Or i believe it to be true, i'm sure i heard somewhere that that is true.
It's true.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 05:49 PM
It's true.

There only appear to be 2 ways to become successful, born born with an above average amount of TWCB DNA, or find a POE.

ArabianFrost
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
We know for sure he doesn't have a POE. So if it IS in fact still there, then he edward must have some hidden assassin lineage that he grows aware of in AC4, thus he rejoins the assassins to follow the legacy of his lineage which in itself explains his Eagle Vision.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I thought I made a post explaining most of the things of Eagle Vision and only 1 guy looked at it...

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Just throwing this out there; maybe Edward encounters the Assassins, they discover he has Eagle Vision, and that's part of the reason they take him into their fold. Because of his special lineage. I doubt the Assassins go around recruiting random pirates. Something else must have drawn them to enlist Edward.

InfectedNation
03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I was just under the impression that because the Assassins and Templars are aware of the ability, they are more likely to develop it as they can train. Didn't some people listen to Haytham's dialogue with Charles when they were searching for Benjamin Church in sequence 2?
Also it was confirmed by Revelations developers that once eagle vision develops into eagle sense, it's more than just sharp senses, as you can see events that happened in the place you are in many years ago - (Ezio seeing Altair's life events in the trailer and sequences 1 and 9)

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I was just under the impression that because the Assassins and Templars are aware of the ability, they are more likely to develop it as they can train. Didn't some people listen to Haytham's dialogue with Charles when they were searching for Benjamin Church in sequence 2?
Also it was confirmed by Revelations developers that once eagle vision develops into eagle sense, it's more than just sharp senses, as you can see events that happened in the place you are in many years ago - (Ezio seeing Altair's life events in the trailer and sequences 1 and 9)

But Ezio had full-fledged Eagle Vision as a teenager without a day of Assassin training in his life.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
But Ezio had full-fledged Eagle Vision as a teenager without a day of Assassin training in his life.

This is the point i have been making that this trait is passed down in Assassin lineage so my question if Haytham and Connor had this gift but Edward is not part of the lineage then how the hell did he manage to be born with it ?

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 11:00 PM
This is the point i have been making that this trait is passed down in Assassin lineage so my question if Haytham and Connor had this gift but Edward is not part of the lineage then how the hell did he manage to be born with it ?

See my post on the previous page. He might be descended from someone who left the Order generations ago, but he would still have Assassin genes. I think the Assassins might recruit Edward because they find out about his lineage somehow.

InfectedNation
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM

It's implied his father and brother were subtly training him without telling him there was a purpose. Eg - Frederico teaching him to climb and freerun.

EDIT:

And the chess game in Lineage.

DaRkShAdoW6400
03-07-2013, 11:33 PM
He is the father of Haytham, meaning he if an ancestor of Desmond, and a descendant of Altair. There's your lineage and his ability to use eagle vision. As seen in AC: Embers, Ezio had left the creed and had children. Therefore, the gene would continue to be passed down, without any knowledge of the Assassin Order

Dagio12
03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
See my post on the previous page. He might be descended from someone who left the Order generations ago, but he would still have Assassin genes. I think the Assassins might recruit Edward because they find out about his lineage somehow.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I was looking at it this way. Lets say for instance, Ezio never trains his kids to be assassins ( they just know he used to be apart of the order)... then those kids have kids (who in turn, never train those kids).. and those kids have kids... etc. The story of the great great great grandpa that once was an assassin gets smaller and smaller. One of the kids down the line is born an orphan.. and maybe never hears of his ancestors past, unknown to him, he is just a dude, grows up doing his thing... la ti da. He would still have that same bloodline, but never knew it. He was never "born" into the order... doesnt necessarily mean that he doesnt have that high concentration of TWCB blood in him.

This could be the same idea for Edward. He then gets tangled up in the war and unocks his hidden potential.... or like LoyalACFan sad.. "might recruit Edward because they find out about his lineage somehow"

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM

This is what i am thinking there would have to be some sort of connection to the order wether one is aware of it or not, to say that we all come from a single lineage in my eyes ( not that i am an expert in this field ) does not make sense, remember back in AC3 when Juno appeared before Connor and transported him to the Nexus of time which mapped out his destiny she very clearly said to him " yours is a rare Lineage one that is passed down " so my point is Edward would have to have to come from that line in order to be granted this ability.

Now ubi are saying that he is a pirate who has been trained by the Assassin's and has been drawn into the war between the Assassins and templars not through sheer destiny,
so if that is the case that would be a massive contradiction.

RinoTheBouncer
03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Maybe we'll realize that Edward's mother is an Assassins this time and she might have died fighting for the Assassin and someday someone will explain the ability he always had that he could never explain (Eagle Vision).

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Maybe we'll realize that Edward's mother is an Assassins this time and she might have died fighting for the Assassin and someday someone will explain the ability he always had that he could never explain (Eagle Vision).

True it could be that his Lineage was kept secret from him, hence why he was trained by the Assassins because lets face it its not the sort of organisation that you can just accidently stumble upon.

RinoTheBouncer
03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
True it could be that his Lineage was kept secret from him, hence why he was trained by the Assassins because lets face it its not the sort of organisation that you can just accidently stumble upon.

Yeah. You're right. Or maybe he's a descendant of Ezio or any other Assassin but the story just got forgotten and/or kept away from the descendants and when Edward was born, he had no idea of the order and all until he somehow gets to know it.

MasterAssasin84
03-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah. You're right. Or maybe he's a descendant of Ezio or any other Assassin but the story just got forgotten and/or kept away from the descendants and when Edward was born, he had no idea of the order and all until he somehow gets to know it.

Im am wondering if during the game we will learn of Edwards parents ?

LoyalACFan
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Im am wondering if during the game we will learn of Edwards parents ?

They'll probably be mentioned, but I doubt they'll put much emphasis on them since they're back in Wales while Edward is sailing the Caribbean.

infamous_ezio
03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
ezio wasn't born into the brother hood, his dad kept it hidden away from him until he was caught... could have simply been something along the lines of "i'm not going to involve edward in this" then one day edward is all like "im going to become an assassin"...

simple as that