PDA

View Full Version : PETA vs Ubisoft. What can we expect?

TheJewlius
03-07-2013, 09:40 AM
PETA is raging against Ubisoft after they announced in their press-release that whaling will be a viable option to pass time with. Whatīs so funny is the fact that PETA seems to condemn whaling and claim that it is illegal to hunt whales due to the fact that they were over-hunted during the pirate-age. Ubisoft has during several occations during the AC-series claimed that they only try to depict history as it was, not making it up to make it seem cooler or more epic (with the exception of the Assassin/Templar-War of course). Whaling was a common occurence during the pirate-age and therefore it should be in the game and not become covered up due to the fact that itīs an inconvinient truth.

What I am trying to do is not to criticize PETA but to encurage Ubisoft. You should not remove a part of history itself just because someone else tells you. You are able to put anything you want in your games and none can say thatīs wrong. Just make the game in the fashion that you want.

roostersrule2
03-07-2013, 09:42 AM
How many PETA members does it take to change a light bulb?
None, because PETA never change anything.

xaventh
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
You ignore PETA. Period. Everyone else does. Seriously, the very country they come from has named some of there actions as terrorist acts. **** PETA!

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
PETA are crybabies, they won't do anything and nobody cares about them. We can expect nothing.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
PETA is raging against Ubisoft after they announced in their press-release that whaling will be a viable option to pass time with. Whatīs so funny is the fact that PETA seems to condemn whaling and claim that it is illegal to hunt whales due to the fact that they were over-hunted during the pirate-age. Ubisoft has during several occations during the AC-series claimed that they only try to depict history as it was, not making it up to make it seem cooler or more epic (with the exception of the Assassin/Templar-War of course). Whaling was a common occurence during the pirate-age and therefore it should be in the game and not become covered up due to the fact that itīs an inconvinient truth.

What I am trying to do is not to criticize PETA but to encurage Ubisoft. You should not remove a part of history itself just because someone else tells you. You are able to put anything you want in your games and none can say thatīs wrong. Just make the game in the fashion that you want.

I have an idea lets just Assasinate every member of peta :)

LightRey
03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh, so killing people is ok, but if we start killing whales...

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM

Riddiculous dont you think !! , i find these rights groups all the same ! jobless serial moaners who contradict everything they say .

TheJewlius
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM

Agreed ;)

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM

And they won't mind because they're humans, not whales.. :)

rileypoole1234
03-07-2013, 04:43 PM
The whales aren't even bloody real anyway. It's not like kids are going to play the game and go "Wow whaling looks like a good time, I might try that."

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
The whales aren't even bloody real anyway. It's not like kids are going to play the game and go "Wow whaling looks like a good time, I might try that."

Should kids even play this game?

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Should kids even play this game?
That argument doesn't belong here, you're derail the topic with this.

And the age rating is an ADVISORY board, so there is no "should".

LightRey
03-07-2013, 05:13 PM
That argument doesn't belong here, you're derail the topic with this.

And the age rating is an ADVISORY board, so there is no "should".
Didn't the UK make it punishable by law or something though?

d4st4n96
03-07-2013, 05:13 PM
jajajaja xDD so yeah, ''sex'' scenes and killing/assassinate people is OK, but hunting Whales.... OMG, how cruel is this world? xDD

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Well UK laws are known to be fraked up.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Illegal to sell games to people below the advised age, not illegal for said people to play the games.

Anyway, PETA can bugger off, and ubi should totally disregard everything they say. In fact the should increase the amount and intensity of the whaling just to annoy PETA.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 05:29 PM
You know what?
I am gonna make almost 10 whaling videos,the most brutal I can(IF) and post them on PETA website,if they have one..or the interwebz.

Kirokill
03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
The rate age is too weird. AC to play on 18 or above? What's wrong with people under 18 like 16 huh? Just the ''sex'' scene in brotherhood? I never understood the age rate and I will never nor care about it.

SleezeRocker
03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
jajajaja xDD so yeah, ''sex'' scenes and killing/assassinate people is OK, but hunting Whales.... OMG, how cruel is this world? xDD

Nothing makes sense, Everything is freaked up :P

But oh I wouldn't pay too much mind to it. They've 'gone up' against many games like Modern War 2 and battlefield 3 I think because chickens and rat (respectively) got killedi n cross fire.
But didn't stop games or change em so I don't see em doing anything to AC4. If anything..last year's "contender' was more serious than this.

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't care because i'm 19 now MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

SleezeRocker
03-07-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't care because i'm 19 now MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

1 more year of being a Teen haha!

Dimension.
03-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think anyone will take these miserable people seriously. The people at Ubisoft are probably just laughing at this.
In my country people eat whale meat. It's become less popular now, but it used to be something you ate on weekdays. It wasn't anything special. It's more expensive now, but still available.
The species of whales that are killed in my country aren't endangered. The same with seals.
It always amuses me how none of these groups really seems to care about fish. Some of them want humans to stop fishing yes, but only to be replaced by other animals that will also eat the fish. Won't anyone please think of the fish?? Or what about the krill. Why don't they deserve to be protected as much as the whales that eat them?

Anyway. Protect whales as much as you want (they're really great animals that deserve their place in the world as much as anyone), but this is a game where you can kill innocent civilians as well, but no one seems to care about that. I suppose these are the same kind of people that skip through the news about starving children but gets all emotional when reading about a parrot being abandoned. I guess some people had a terrible childhood and were never able to make connections with other humans so they join these kind of groups (like some men that had a horrible mother will end up hating women).
For some of these self hating people, the only way to please them is to die. Even if you eat no meat, use no clothes made of skin from animals etc, you will eventually step on an ant or your immune system will kill a bacteria. Not to mention all the plants we eat (plants are living organisms as well).
It is strange though how these kind of people want everyone else to die but themselves.

Sorry for getting a little off topic. Been arguing with people like this before, and they're completely and utterly crazy (like all fanatics) so these subjects makes me think of that.
Not to mention I read about a crazy animal activist killing a kind old man a few months ago. His reason? The old man was walking with his dog and the murderer wanted to free the dog. He killed the old man with an axe in a quite gruesome way. For some reason, I don't think the dog was happy with that.
Just shows fanatics are dangerous, whether it's about religion, animals, race etc.

"Since I'm using such harsh words I want to clarify that I'm only talking about true fanatics like peta here. People in extreme organizations like that are the people I think are completely crazy (they would kill people to save their fluffy creatures). Don't want any misunderstandings."

Anyway. Ubisoft should just ignore them and they probably will.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Every time man messes with the environment, whether to remove something or replace it, we usually mess up. Back in the early 90s, when cougar populations in Colorado were on the rise, people were so excited. So what did the cougars do? Attack people, because we've taught them that we are weak and won't defend ourselves! What a joke! We feed hay to deer. They happily eat it, then get morbidly sick. What a world. LET NATURE DO ITS THING! NATURALLY!

freddie_1897
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Well UK laws are known to be fraked up.
our gaming laws may be ****ed, but we're still better than Texas.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
our gaming laws may be ****ed, but we're still better than Texas.

You mean to tell me Texas has laws? :eek: