PDA

View Full Version : AC4 side quests

MasterAssasin84
03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Now as much as i really likes the side quests in AC3 i did feel that they over shadowed the core plot line i mean for example i would be roaming the frontier visiting the hunting societies whilst doing some of the homestead missions and in the end i kind of felt detached from the story ! that i just bought the game purely for the choice mini games.

I would like AC4 to feature some very good side quests but not to the point you are slowly drawing away from the main story.

Does anyone not agree that the next game ubi should suffocate us with these mini games.

Escappa
03-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Totally agree...hope that they will give us a big variation of side missions...I would like to see:

- Assassination targets (like in AC2, give me a name and I will find him and kill him, without being detected duing so)
- Bounty missions (The sea/pirate-version of assassination, hunt for different pirates in the ocean to get rewards)
- Collectables
- Puzzles ( a very popular thing in both AC2 and ACB...so where did they go? I want more puzzles a'la Da-Vinci-code-style)
- Weapon missions (mini story-lines each to unlock a new kind of weapon...like "Big axe-missions")
- View-points
- Tombs (romulus-style)
- Challanges (such as "kill 20 enemies with a sword" and stuff like that)

And I don't want all assassin-target-missions to feel the same....every. single. side. mission. should. feel. special. and . important
and somehow feel relevant to the main story. Like in "just cause 2" when you have to complete a sertant amount of side-missions before the story mission unlocks.

pacmanate
03-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I want whale racing!

Escappa
03-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I want whale racing!

NO! think of the poor whales...PETA POWER!!!! ;)
jk

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
If it is anything, I believe ACB perfected a lot of what AC missions should be. They should bring back virtual training and war machines type missions. Assassinations should revert back to AC1 where you actually had to use SOCIAL STEALTH. I mean what happen to Assassination in Assassin's Creed?

helloSmurfz
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Along with side quests, I hope they put in more "easter eggs"?
I'd love to see more hidden easter eggs, and much more side quests, and ones that don't end, like stopping pirates, helping civilians, small things that won't stop just for something to do after 100%?
That's my opinion.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Totally agree...hope that they will give us a big variation of side missions...I would like to see:

- Assassination targets (like in AC2, give me a name and I will find him and kill him, without being detected duing so)
- Bounty missions (The sea/pirate-version of assassination, hunt for different pirates in the ocean to get rewards)
- Collectables
- Puzzles ( a very popular thing in both AC2 and ACB...so where did they go? I want more puzzles a'la Da-Vinci-code-style)
- Weapon missions (mini story-lines each to unlock a new kind of weapon...like "Big axe-missions")
- View-points
- Tombs (romulus-style)

And I don't want all assassin-target-missions to feel the same....every. single. side. mission. should. feel. special. and . important
and somehow feel relevant to the main story. Like in "just cause 2" when you have to complete a sertant amount of side-missions before the story mission unlocks.

I just thought AC3 was bombarded with side quests and it got to a point were i wanted to throw myself into the story but felt like the side quests was suffocating the plot !

But i do agree with you on the AC2 side quests they was awesome i loved the Assassination contracts, you actualy like an Assassin and i do hope they bring something back similar to the Assassin Tombs.

TheJewlius
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Random encounters with different ways of solving. When approaching a ship I want to be able to choose between swimming up to it to kill the capitain to loot his chest and light the gunpowder on fire, enter a full scale naval battle and sink them, or bring down their masts and board their ship. On land there should be forts like in AC3 but instead of liberating them you should be able to enter them and steal their loot over and over again using different tactics (climbing up from behind, blow something up for distraction or simply launching a complete assault and slaughter every enemy). After a couple ingame days the fort should be repopulated and you could attack it again with a different approach. This would make for some serious replayability in the game.

wapikas
03-07-2013, 12:33 PM

- Collectables
- View-points
- Tombs (romulus-style)

Exactly!
And
- Templar agent missions (in ACB)
- something similar to Christina and/or homestead missions

AssassinHMS
03-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I think side quests should be split in two types:
-Automatic. These side missions would appear anywhere and anytime in any main city without any kind of introduction or warning. Much like random events they would help the world feel alive instead of just looking alive. In AC3, Boston and New York appeard to be lively cities but they never felt like that because they never interacted with the player in a realistic way. I spent hours roaming those places without anything interesting happening. If I wanted to do anything worth doing I had to open the map menu and search for a side mission. So, if I wanted to play the game, I had to do all the effort. There was no feedback. These side quests could be: chases, where a thief would steal the player's money and it was up to you to catch him; hunt and hunted, where mercenaries sent by the families of targets killed in main missions would stalk the player (like in multiplayer) leaving you to options: fight or flee; people in distress, where criminals threatened civilians and the player could coose to ignore, to help the civilian or join the criminal and make fun of the victim;...
-Planed. These side missions would be pointed in the map and would have a proper background where the goal was to learn more about the time period and location and make the player feel part of it.l These would include: assassination missions where the player was given a target and a small video containing info about the mission (like in AC2 before main assassination missions); tombs where the player explored the inside of notorious buildings in the city and solving puzzles while searching for a treasure;...

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Disagree. I thought the Homestead, privateer, and Assassin missions were great. Where the side quests lacked were the more simple ones. We need AC2 style Assassination Contracts again, not the stupid targets they give us in AC3.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-10-2013, 06:02 AM

- Collectables
- View-points
- Tombs (romulus-style)

^All of this.

mattduck69
03-10-2013, 06:45 AM
yeah BRING BACK THE PIGEONS!