PDA

View Full Version : Number of people who want a sequel for Connor/Ratonhnhaké:ton! (Ubisof come see this)

FirestarLuva
03-06-2013, 10:34 PM
http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/post/44696281266/reblog-if-you-want-to-see-a-sequel-for-connor-kenway

Just browsing around tumblr and came across a post saying;
'Reblog if you want to see a sequel for Connor kenway'
And then I look at the notes;

12,572,667 NOTES

POSTED 12:31 AM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2013

WHAT?! Is this a joke? That's even more than the copies AC3 sold...don't tell me these are the same people who voted for Connor at the Virgin media awards? If they are, **** where have all you people been? Ever since AC3 was released Connor lovers were overshadowed by the haters.
I guess Connor really is popular and does have many fans...somewhere out there...

ACfan443
03-06-2013, 10:35 PM
12 million notes! What?!

Connor is loved.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Could you explain what a note is for someone who has never used tumblr?

ACfan443
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM

The number of times it's been reposted/reblogged/shared (whatever you want to call it) and liked.

D.I.D.
03-06-2013, 10:42 PM

A Note is any reblog of the post, with or without additional comment.

I suspect this has been pranked with a reblog script. Even if there are 12m fans (most of whom would presumably be players of pirated versions), there's no way they're all on Tumblr.

This campaign is now worthless.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 10:42 PM
The number of times it's been reposted/reblogged/shared (whatever you want to call it) and liked.

Can one person repost/reblogg/share it multiple times, or does this means 12M+ individuals have actively done something?

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Even if you divide this in half (the same person can like and share a post and both count as notes, I'm not sure if comments count as notes), that's still 6 million (2 million at the least, assuming everyone liked AND shared, along with commenting assuming that counts as a note as well which most people don't do). That's a crazy amount...I'm not even sure how this is possible.

VitaminsXYZ
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Sorry to rain on this, but I'm pretty sure it didn't start out as a "Please bring Connor" back post. The original post is long gone, and someone, seeing how many notes it was getting, must've changed it to make it seem like that's what it was.

There are a total of about 70 million accounts on tumblr. I HIGHLY doubt that 1/7 of them are Assassin's Creed fans. (In fact, they probably don't even reach past a few thousand.)

ACfan443
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Can one person repost/reblogg/share it multiple times, or does this means 12M+ individuals have actively done something?

Not sure, my knowledge of tumblr is very basic. If you can, it explains why there's more notes than there are sales.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 10:47 PM

I suspect this has been pranked with a reblog script. Even if there are 12m fans (most of whom would presumably be players of pirated versions), there's no way they're all on Tumblr.

Yeah it's completely unreasonable. If you assume the game has sold 15M (which is a high assumption) and then remove all who didn't like Connor, are not active on tumblr, don't care enough to do something active, etc you can't possibly end up at 12M.

TheHumanTowel
03-06-2013, 10:47 PM

This most definitely. There is no way 12 million people reblogged that. This isn't the way to make your case to Ubisoft. You're just making a case for them to ignore you with manipulation like this.

D.I.D.
03-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Sorry to rain on this, but I'm pretty sure it didn't start out as a "Please bring Connor" back post. The original post is long gone, and someone, seeing how many notes it was getting, must've changed it to make it seem like that's what it was.

There are a total of about 70 million accounts on tumblr. I HIGHLY doubt that 1/7 of them are Assassin's Creed fans. (In fact, they probably don't even reach past a few thousand.)

It wasn't changed - someone posted it here a day or two ago, and even on this forum it got virtually no interest. Then somehow in a day it's gone past 12m. Con artists :)

Will_Lucky
03-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Luna, would you please stop spamming the forum with what seem to be daily threads on saving Connor.

And honestly there is no way this is legit, its been altered or a script is in place.

VitaminsXYZ
03-06-2013, 10:55 PM
It wasn't changed - someone posted it here a day or two ago, and even on this forum it got virtually no interest. Then somehow in a day it's gone past 12m. Con artists :)

Ah, I see. Whatever the reason, it's definitely not real...
I mean, I'd love for him to have a sequel, but this many notes for character who wasn't all that popular, and coming from a small fandom on tumblr, just doesn't make any sense at all.

The post with the highest number of notes was a Mitt Romney post, and that was only about 8 million. lol

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Correct. The post links to these two pages.

http://did-you-kno.tumblr.com/
http://yolanda-the-red-panda.tumblr.com/post/44695778697/reblog-if-you-love-harry-potter-this-will-be-screen

silvermercy
03-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Well at least one note is genuine: Mine. LOL

I'm posting from my iPad and can't do it easily but can someone try and click the notes underneath at random and see if they lead to genuine blogs? I mean the ones who have had reblogs (not likes).

A person on Tumblr can both reblog and like so if you divide that, then it should be 6 million.

If the OP post gets deleted is usually because you get so many notifications about the likes/reblogs that it gets annoying. It happened to me a few times when some of my AC posts reached 30,000 reblogs. I had to delete. lol

About this one now I really don't know!

Edit: I checked a couple and it seems people are changing the OP and posting about their own fandom. Whatever they like, such as bring Harry Potter back.

D.I.D.
03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Edit: I checked a couple and it seems people are changing the OP and posting about their own fandom. Whatever they like, such as bring Harry Potter back.

So this Tumblr is really proving that people would rather watch Harry Potter And The Dual-Index Mortgage than play another AC3?

Escappa
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM
So this Tumblr is really proving that people would rather watch Harry Potter And The Dual-Index Mortgage than play another AC3?

Or that some people just are stupid and do what they can to ruin for the rest of us... :P

silvermercy
03-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Well, it's proving that people will do anything to get as many notes. lol I gathered that this post was meant to break the notes record on Tumblr. So people changed the post to whatever they wanted. Just saw a post with a photo of chicken nuggets!! LOL

Gi1t
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Luna, would you please stop spamming the forum with what seem to be daily threads on saving Connor.

And honestly there is no way this is legit, its been altered or a script is in place.

I agree, with this many updates, there should be a dedicated Connor sequel thread, like we have on the Prince of Persia forums for the 2008 game.

If it's genuine fans you want, look on DeviantArt. He certainly seems to be a popular guy there. :D