PDA

View Full Version : Don't Fret! AC4 has been in development for almost 2 years now!

Turul.
03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
An interview with gameinformer revealed why Ubisoft decided to create a pirate themed game, it also revealed by Ashraf Ismali (AC4 creative director) that AC4 development began in Summer 2011. So this title was created long before Conner was even introduced to the fan base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgJE1wKzE8

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Darby already confirmed that.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6011/darbymcdevitt2011.jpg

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Whether if that is true or not, I hope two things:

1 Fix AC3īs mistake ssuch as restricted mission design and lack of background music......
2 Edward having a different personality from Altair, Connor and Ezio.

Because the setting has a lot potential in the graphic area and with the naval gameplay.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Every AC game is in production for around 2 years ............... Why anyone thinks these are made in 12 months because of the annual release dates between titles baffles me.

It just isn't possible in 12 months or less .........

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Every AC game is in production for around 2 years ............... Why anyone thinks these are made in 12 months because of the annual release dates between titles baffles me.

Revelations was produced within a year, remember that in november 2010 it was announced under the name of "Lost Legacy" coming for Nintendo DS I guess...

SleezeRocker
03-06-2013, 05:37 PM

Aliens kind of happened in a year lol
Anyways, I just jope AC4 has awesome gameplay and I'll be happy ;)

nitres15
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Revelations was produced within a year, remember that in november 2010 it was announced under the name of "Lost Legacy" coming for Nintendo DS I guess...
i thought ACR was made in 10 months or so

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Well they had a new story but used components of the older 2 games and added 1 or 2 new things(bombs, hookblade stuff) so I wouldn't be surprised.
(Not saying that's bad, I liked ACR)

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM

Noo that was 10 weeks

montagemik
03-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Revelations was not produced within a year :rolleyes: .................Sorry .
Work likely began on Revelations before AC Brotherhood was completed & released or there abouts.

ACR was the real sequel intended to follow AC2 , ACB story elements were supposed to be a DLC originally intended as part of the AC2 storyline - UBI just expanded it to a full game in itself. .
Multiple teams working on multiple AC titles at the same time = staggered completion times = Staggered release dates ............. All to maintain the story flow , without years in between titles.

Many gamers are Fickle & a large amount just won't follow a series like AC if it's every 2-3 years between chapters .
They want a quick fix & instant happiness from their games. ( some don't even complete a game before ditching the series)
So annual titles make sense from Ubisoft's point of view .

Gi1t
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Work likely began on Revelations before AC Brotherhood was completed & released or there abouts.

ACR was the real sequel intended to follow AC2 , ACB story elements were supposed to be a DLC originally intended as part of the AC2 storyline - UBI just expanded it to a full game in itself. .
Multiple teams working on multiple AC titles at the same time = staggered completion times = Staggered release dates ............. All to maintain the story flow , without years in between titles.

Many gamers are Fickle & a large amount just won't follow a series like AC if it's every 2-3 years between chapters .
They want a quick fix & instant happiness from their games. ( some don't even complete a game before ditching the series)

You've got a point there. I guess all we can do is reserve the right to think of them as fickle brats. XD (Not to say that it puts you in with the brats if you appreciate the annual releases,)

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
No!

Letīs see:

1 ACB was originally intended to be a either an AC2 dlc, and some sources even say to be included free in the game....It ended up as a full release.
2 ACR was announced on nov 2010 to be a Nintendo Ds game, launching in oct 201, its name being Lost legacy...However it became a full release also.

In this time, I think is true, they have been probably working on it since Revelations.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
You've got a point there. I guess all we can do is reserve the right to think of them as fickle brats. XD (Not to say that it puts you in with the brats if you appreciate the annual releases,)

Personally i'll follow any series that interests me , However long between games ( Metal gear solid - prime example )
But i currently have at least 5 people on my friend list who already ditched AC3 since January .

I'm sure long term fans since AC1 launch day wouldn't mind waiting between title releases - but long term fans aren't the majority of sales figures for the AC series .

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM
You believe that?

I stopped believing them after ACR....and especially after AC3.....

All developers say that, I doubt they even work on it for that long, they just copy and paste the ****ing game and add some other stuff. AC4 Is gonna be the same copy-pasta of Assassins Creed 3.

lothario-da-be
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Personally i'll follow any series that interests me , However long between games ( Metal gear solid - prime example )
But i currently have at least 5 people on my friend list who already ditched AC3 since January .

I'm sure long term fans since AC1 launch day wouldn't mind waiting between title releases - but long term fans aren't the majority of sales figures for the AC series .
I'am a also a fan of prince op persia, god of war,darksiders,uncharted, but i absolutly don't want that any of these franchises do yearly releases.

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I'am a also a fan of prince op persia, god of war,darksiders,uncharted, but i absolutly don't want that any of these franchises do yearly releases.

All the series you mentioned are not yearly releases. Especially God of War, SONY Santa Monica actually put their time into making GOW.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
You believe that?

I stopped believing them after ACR....and especially after AC3.....

All developers say that, I doubt they even work on it for that long, they just copy and paste the ****ing game and add some other stuff. AC4 Is gonna be the same copy-pasta of Assassins Creed 3.
They never claimed they worked for a billion years on ACR.

They said that about AC3 but from the looks of it, seems it got almost a a little more than a year of development time and the rest was spent on things such as research on the history and the native culture I guess, but in no way the actual development time was three years.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Whether if that is true or not...

I don't think they would lie about such things.. ;)

Many people assume a lot - however Ubisoft is a HUGE company - with many different teams.. all of which are always working on 'something' ;)

lothario-da-be
03-06-2013, 06:29 PM
All the series you mentioned are not yearly releases. Especially God of War, SONY Santa Monica actually put their time into making GOW.
Did you read my post or just watched the games i mentioned?

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Did you read my post or just watched the games i mentioned?

I did read it, I just wanted to add on, why you getting so offended for?

Farlander1991
03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry, montagemik, but Revelations was produced in 10 months. And my source is the people who worked on it themselves.

TheHumanTowel
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM

But it was produced within a year. ACR was originally a nintendo DS game that got upgraded to a full console release.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-assassins-creed-in-2011
That article was written in July 2010 so we know that at least ACR wasn't in production by then and that they hadn't decided to make it a console game. I've heard 10 months been thrown around and I'd be inclined to believe that but we know for certain that ACR at the very most could only have had a year and a few months development. Sorry but those are the facts.

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't care what people say, after their lies about AC3. I'm done with ubisoft. ****ing half broken game, barley any relation to the original Assassin-Templar storyline, way too easy combat. I'm done.

ACfan443
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Don't believe them.

lothario-da-be
03-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I did read it, I just wanted to add on, why you getting so offended for?
You were kinda more or less saying that i said that all those games are yearly releases.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry, montagemik, but Revelations was produced in 10 months. And my source is the people who worked on it themselves.

You got a quote for that - Cause i was told by Ubisoft all games have at least 1.5 - 2 years development .
I find it difficult to believe a portable DS version of an AC game becomes a Full console game in 10 months .

Farlander1991
03-06-2013, 06:59 PM
You got a quote for that - Cause i was told by Ubisoft all games have at least 1.5 - 2 years development .

I talked with several current and ex-UbiSoft employees at a GD Expo in Vancouver. Patrick Plourde in particular told me quite a few stories about ACB and ACR development. So no, I don't have a quote, but there's no reason not to believe me or him.

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Who cares how long its been developed for, it already sounds better than anything else so far.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I talked with several current and ex-UbiSoft employees at a GD Expo in Vancouver. Patrick Plourde in particular told me quite a few stories about ACB and ACR development. So no, I don't have a quote, but there's no reason not to believe me or him.

It's certainly possible. Really, except Tower Defence and Bomb Crafting and Hook Blade, there were really no new mechanics in ACR, everything was based on ACB. All they had to do was to create Constantinopole and other small zones and fill them with missions. 10 months is enough for what we've got in the end.

No quote then ............ then I'm not buying 10 months personally. just seems too short .
And anyone expecting BF is another 10-12 deal only after Connor's bad reception is delusional

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Who cares how long its been developed for, it already sounds better than anything else so far.

This.

ACfan443
03-06-2013, 07:09 PM

It always does sound good doesn't it...

Farlander1991
03-06-2013, 07:15 PM
No quote then ............ then I'm not buying 10 months personally. just seems too short .

Lol, whatever.

Don't believe me, feel free to attend a game developer gathering or contact the people who worked on the game on LinkedIn. I don't have to prove anything to you.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
It always does sound good doesn't it...

YES they always do sound good don't they :D.

It's a good thing buying them is optional really .
I think most games are reviewed before & after launch day release . So it might be possible to hear about any bad points from people on forums who bought & played it already .
I think once it's released they'll keep it on sale in shops for a while so people can buy it at a later date if they want to.

But that's all a long way off yet ................So no worries.

Josegtx13
03-06-2013, 07:34 PM

This.

Of course it sounds good, but then I remember the stuff they said would be in the previous games, which were taken out.

I'm having low expectations for this game, and trying not to get caught in the hype, so when I pick up the game I won't be disappointed like ACR and AC3 (both are still good games though).

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Of course it sounds good, but then I remember the stuff they said would be in the previous games, which were taken out..

Ofcourse. Which is why I'm throwing everything they're saying into the saltbucket atm. What I was agreeing to, is it doesn't matter how long the game was developed for, but how good it actually is.

shobhit7777777
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
And AC3 was in development for 3 years. Yeah...I stopped paying attention to development time the moment a 10 month Game (ACR) trumped a 3 year game (AC3)

SleezeRocker
03-06-2013, 07:50 PM
YES they always do sound good don't they :D.

It's a good thing buying them is optional really .
I think most games are reviewed before & after launch day release . So it might be possible to hear about any bad points from people on forums who bought & played it already .
I think once it's released they'll keep it on sale in shops for a while so people can buy it at a later date if they want to.

But that's all a long way off yet ................So no worries.

Yeah we still have about 7months so lots can happen by then. In meantime I'll just happily keep the 5$ order on AC4 and just play Injustice and the Last of Us till then ;)

Josegtx13
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Ofcourse. Which is why I'm throwing everything they're saying into the saltbucket atm. What I was agreeing to, is it doesn't matter how long the game was developed for, but how good it actually is.

Oh, never mind then.

But yes I agree with you on that, so long as the game is good I don't care how long it's been worked on.