PDA

View Full Version : Enable/disable hoodie button!!!!!!

askerayaz
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
THEY HAVE TO IMPLEMENT THIS AFTER WHAT THEY DID AT THE END OF AC3!!!!!!!! JUST.... YE U GET MY POINT :D. A BUTTON FOR A HOODIE IS ALL WE ASK FOR OR MAYBE JUST 2 same COSTUMES ONE WITH A HOODIE THE OTHER WITHOUT. Thanks

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 03:18 PM
It would make a cool feaure yes,

x___Luffy___x
03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
it would be a really awesome option should they give it..

askerayaz
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM
hopefully they will add it to BLACK FLAG and we'll all be content :D

deskp
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, that and various hairstyles... All promo art his hair is hanging down, but in all screenshots it's in a knot.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
In some ways this is a silly feature, I suppose, but I would actually really want this. Take off the hoodie when entering a store/bar and pull it up before I strike and stuff like that. I def think it would add to the experience, even though it's just a cosmetic thing.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
In some ways this is a silly feature, I suppose, but I would actually really want this. Take off the hoodie when entering a store/bar and pull it up before I strike and stuff like that. I def think it would add to the experience, even though it's just a cosmetic thing.

Yes buddy. It's amazing but little things like these really really adds to the experience. Remember Connor's ability to twirl his tomahawk? Such a miniscule feature, yet added so much to teh predator feeling. :D

deskp
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Its the first CG trailer to show protagonist without/puttign on his hood right? .. that should count for soemthing x]

DO you guys think we'll start the game with no hood and hair hanging down, then when he gets the hood he ties up his hair?!

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Its the first CG trailer to show protagonist without/puttign on his hood right? .. that should count for soemthing x]

DO you guys think we'll start the game with no hood and hair hanging down, then when he gets the hood he ties up his hair?!

There are screenshots too with his hood down. I think there's hope that this time they'll add this feature. Its about time really, adding a toggle to enable/disable hood (presumably) wouldn't take too much effort and would add so much to the immersion.

deskp
03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
There are screenshots too with his hood down. I think there's hope that this time they'll add this feature. Its about time really, adding a toggle to enable/disable hood (presumably) wouldn't take too much effort and would add so much to the immersion.
The B-button is free in low profile right? Maybe he should always put on hood when hes in high profile.

The cg traielr shows him with no hood on his ship uintill hes boarding an enimy ship. If the ship is his new "homestead" Maybe it'll be auto-off on there uintill an enouncter.

In ubisofts desperate need to justify everything, now is their chanse to add hood option, seeing as Edward is a pirate first and assassin second, and hes abit of a selfish rulebreaker, so you'd imagine someone telling him to wear a hood might not be what he'd always want..

xXRyzonXx
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
So, if you look down at your keyboard there is a button, it is located under the tab key and over the left shift key, its called caps lock, please click it.

In all seriousness though, I very much agree that they should allow you to be able to toggle on and off your hood, I'm not sure why it hasn't been implented already.
In AC3 they even had an animation for taking on and off your hood which Connor would use sometimes in the homestead, it can't be very difficult to program.

askerayaz
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I think it would add to the experience aswell. Like, for example, when your with your mates on the boat, you take off the hood to give you more of a piratey mood as opposed to when your about to assassinate someone, then you activate the hood and your feelings are bent more on the assassin side. I was thinking they could even add a nice little feature with this.For example lets say you were about to assassinate someone with your hood off and the guy was about to see you, but you somehow managed to escape before him detecting you fully. Now you come back with your hood off still, this time the guy would realise you and start off from the same place in the detection meter making him detect you much more easierly. Now in order to avoid this we'd have to hide put on our hood and come back this time we'd start the AI detection meter from the beginning. You guys might think im ******ed for saying this since u think the AI might know me from my outfit anyway, but let's be honest the AI in the series have never been realistic or bright for that matter (E.g u hang off a cliff, a guard sees u, u move away it's all good again, u can restart and its like he never saw u). Plus this adds abit of realism to the game, ofcourse not completely but makes the stealth gameplay a bit more badass IMO.

SleezeRocker
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I mentioned something like it in a thread, I forget which, where we should be allowed like a disguise feature so that when you walk among the people, shops, etc you can lower your hood to make yourself less obvious ;)

D.I.D.
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
The B-button is free in low profile right? Maybe he should always put on hood when hes in high profile.

The cg traielr shows him with no hood on his ship uintill hes boarding an enimy ship. If the ship is his new "homestead" Maybe it'll be auto-off on there uintill an enouncter.

In ubisofts desperate need to justify everything, now is their chanse to add hood option, seeing as Edward is a pirate first and assassin second, and hes abit of a selfish rulebreaker, so you'd imagine someone telling him to wear a hood might not be what he'd always want..

It's a better idea, since there isn't a button to spare, but in practice it would lead to a lot of weirdness: too many rapid changes with the hood, situations where you're standing face to face with a guard and decide to attack, etc.

I think it's more likely, if they ever do it, that it will be a hard option in the Outfits menu, or a special feature for PS4 and WiiU (swipe the touchpad to raise/lower the hood).

shobhit7777777
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I like Blonde hair...very exotic

askerayaz
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
lol

Gi1t
03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah, if they gave him a cool animation where he pulls the hood up/back, that WOULD add a lot of personality to the game. :D Great idea. Maybe more little things like this could be added in, as long as they don't go crazy eith them.

askerayaz
03-09-2013, 10:51 AM
agreed

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 11:50 AM
This would be an awesome feature i hope ubi choose to implement this as this would please all fans,

I was thinking to myself this was shown in the cinematic trailor so maybe ubi have already comsidered this or even hiting that this could be a possibloe feature.

askerayaz
03-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Just imagine *-*

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Just imagine *-*

im actualy living in hope :p

HeedfulMass4856
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
They better add it. I mean, Edward has his hood off like 65% of the trailer. Ubisoft, please don't feed us and then disappoint us... AGAIN.

The question is how are they going to implement it? The only possible way I see is to use some touchpad option on the Dualshock 4.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 01:59 PM
They better add it. I mean, Edward has his hood off like 65% of the trailer. Ubisoft, please don't feed us and then disappoint us... AGAIN.

The question is how are they going to implement it? The only possible way I see is to use some touchpad option on the Dualshock 4.

Or just give us an alternate costume which is identical to the hooded costume except with hood down, and which can be changed from outfit menu?

MasterAssasin84
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Or just give us an alternate costume which is identical to the hooded costume except with hood down, and which can be changed from outfit menu?

But if you think about it there is no reason why they cant include it its a simple character animatic that should not require much work being as AC3 was such a break through in terms of character animation. if anything they would want to better it .

askerayaz
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Nah it would be better just to add a small animation. I don't want to go through all that menu/outfit changing trouble just to change costume when instead all they have to do is just invest a miniature amount of work just to add a small button and an animation. It would make the game more fluid and less game breaking as well.

deskp
03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Finishing the story should give us the No-hood standard outfit!

Sushiglutton
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Finishing the story should give us the No-hood standard outfit!

I think implementing it as a special outfit would kind of miss the point. I mean suppose you spot your target walking down the street. Time to go for the kill. So you pause the game and fast travel back to your base, change outfit to the one with a hoodie, fast travel back and then try to find the target again :|. That would be kind of awkward. I much prefer a quick acces of some kind.

RinoTheBouncer
03-09-2013, 07:02 PM
It would be an amazing option.
I mean many of us (like me) loved seeing Connor without the hoodie so why not give everybody the chance to select like we give them they chance to change outfits?

xx-pyro
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I think implementing it as a special outfit would kind of miss the point. I mean suppose you spot your target walking down the street. Time to go for the kill. So you pause the game and fast travel back to your base, change outfit to the one with a hoodie, fast travel back and then try to find the target again :|. That would be kind of awkward. I much prefer a quick acces of some kind.

That's the way the models are designed. It happens even when you change weapons, and there's a reason for it. A toggle doesn't solve anything because it would likely have to reload your entire character anyways, I'd rather just the hood be up when it's up and down when it's down.

nitres15
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
just put the option in the weapon meny (RB)

askerayaz
03-09-2013, 07:13 PM

THIS!!!! Exactly what i mean :D

Rogue Agent 035
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
THEY HAVE TO IMPLEMENT THIS AFTER WHAT THEY DID AT THE END OF AC3!!!!!!!! JUST.... YE U GET MY POINT :D. A BUTTON FOR A HOODIE IS ALL WE ASK FOR OR MAYBE JUST 2 same COSTUMES ONE WITH A HOODIE THE OTHER WITHOUT. Thanks

Really....., This again, ya know this is gettin frustratingly ridiculous. Who cares if the hoods up er down, if his hair is up er down, if he tall an lean er short an fat. These aspects will not affect the story whatsoever in anyway! I understand the idea of being concerned with it an all to help relatability of character fer the player, it's just IMO gettin outta hand an ppl should just take what they are given an leave it be at least with this subject.

monster_rambo
03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
There needs to be disguises. I'm aware that there needs to be an outfit that symbolizes the assassin but to put it in realistic terms, he should also be able to blend with the crowd which emphasizes social stealth (something they forgot about since the first game). I wouldn't mind changing uniforms or outfits when approaching targets or putting hood up/down to enhance the stealth element.

askerayaz
03-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Really....., This again, ya know this is gettin frustratingly ridiculous. Who cares if the hoods up er down, if his hair is up er down, if he tall an lean er short an fat. These aspects will not affect the story whatsoever in anyway! I understand the idea of being concerned with it an all to help relatability of character fer the player, it's just IMO gettin outta hand an ppl should just take what they are given an leave it be at least with this subject.

As you can see quite a lot of ppl do care, maybe not you, however many people would like to see this addition. It's not only about the story though. It's the way we play it and this kind of gives us a choice weather we want to act like an assassin, look like an assassin or weather we want to be more pirate-like. And Ubisoft never minded the fact that people try to help them make the game overall a better experience for everyone. I don't see whats the big idea. If anything, stealth additions to the game will make it better(In this case the hood which gives u that stealthy mood). Plus they still have plenty of time so why not tell them now, so they can resolve this issue and we can all live happily ever after :)

Enhance89
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
This feature is uninteresting to me. I just know I would never use it. I wouldn't be upset or outraged or anything like that if they put it in, I just know I would probably never use it. I like the hood up all the time.

Enhance89
03-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Furthermore, I think one reason AC3 struggled was because of the sheer amount of additions. Yes, it's not that big of a deal, but think about it this way. Let's say they decide to implement a hood up/hood down feature.

At some point in time, paid video game developers are going to have to sit down and spend hours deciding what button to map this feature to and then actually implement it into the game.

I'd rather they spend those hours working on a more important aspect of the game, like developing the story or working on the in-game economy concept.

crash3
03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
I already made a thread about this but ye I would like to have the option to toggle the hood on and off, not only as an aesthetic feature but as a stealth feature too

RzaRecta357
03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Isn't there a screenshot with his hood down? Maybe that's at his little base cove or something if he has one. It'd be cool if there was an option even in the wheel or the start menu though.

askerayaz
03-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Furthermore, I think one reason AC3 struggled was because of the sheer amount of additions. Yes, it's not that big of a deal, but think about it this way. Let's say they decide to implement a hood up/hood down feature.

At some point in time, paid video game developers are going to have to sit down and spend hours deciding what button to map this feature to and then actually implement it into the game.

I'd rather they spend those hours working on a more important aspect of the game, like developing the story or working on the in-game economy concept.

I'm sorry, but in what universe would professional video game developers spend billions of hours just to come up with a button for a small animation which would overall, if properly done, take at least at 1 week of their work. You say as if such a small thing will completely consume their time, causing them to mess up the game and not be able to focus on the main task. No my friend. I'm sorry but I have to say that this is where you are wrong. First of all it wouldn't take them hours just to come up with a button for this feature, e.g they could use the fast weapons menu to implement this feature or since they changed the controls we could just press R1 + Square while not running to turn on the hoodie feature. There are infinite possibilities. This would be child's play for them, the only thing which they would need is a new animation and in my opinion this wouldn't be such a big challenge since we've seen what they're capable of. Again, I say that if they actually start investing some time into this feature, all it would take them is 1 week at max.

mattduck69
03-10-2013, 11:43 AM
sorry if this has been said but cant they just have it in the weapons wheel?

askerayaz
03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
sorry if this has been said but cant they just have it in the weapons wheel?

Ye that's what I've been meaning to say

Enhance89
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry, but in what universe would professional video game developers spend billions of hours just to come up with a button for a small animation which would overall, if properly done, take at least at 1 week of their work. You say as if such a small thing will completely consume their time, causing them to mess up the game and not be able to focus on the main task. No my friend. I'm sorry but I have to say that this is where you are wrong. First of all it wouldn't take them hours just to come up with a button for this feature, e.g they could use the fast weapons menu to implement this feature or since they changed the controls we could just press R1 + Square while not running to turn on the hoodie feature. There are infinite possibilities. This would be child's play for them, the only thing which they would need is a new animation and in my opinion this wouldn't be such a big challenge since we've seen what they're capable of. Again, I say that if they actually start investing some time into this feature, all it would take them is 1 week at max.
Exactly - ONE WEEK to give me the option to flip a hood up or down. And it's not just one dev sitting in front of his computer, they'll have to have discussions about where to map the button, then it will actually have to be coded in, and then tested, and they'll have to decide if it will serve a function, etc.

I can literally think of few other things that are more pointless.

What's next, a feature to lace or unlace your shoes? The hood is an iconic feature of the AC series that has consistently been kept up all the time, or taken down during cincematic sequences. And to me, that's exactly how it should stay. I feel confident saying they will not implement this feature, especially with the notion that a hood up will make you more stealthy. I would absolutely hate to have to flip up his hood every time I wanted to be stealthy, and given this is a stealth game, it would happen all the time.

askerayaz
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Exactly - ONE WEEK to give me the option to flip a hood up or down. And it's not just one dev sitting in front of his computer, they'll have to have discussions about where to map the button, then it will actually have to be coded in, and then tested, and they'll have to decide if it will serve a function, etc.

I can literally think of few other things that are more pointless.

What's next, a feature to lace or unlace your shoes? The hood is an iconic feature of the AC series that has consistently been kept up all the time, or taken down during cincematic sequences. And to me, that's exactly how it should stay. I feel confident saying they will not implement this feature, especially with the notion that a hood up will make you more stealthy. I would absolutely hate to have to flip up his hood every time I wanted to be stealthy, and given this is a stealth game, it would happen all the time.

I'm sorry, but what did you think? That animations take a day or two to create?? Of course not they take time to make. So basically what your saying is that it is completely useless to spend 3-4 weeks to code,discuss, map buttons for combat animations in total which last approximately 2-3 minutes, given you take out all the guards?? I already proved your button mapping not to be so hard, and like every other animation of course it has to be tested and coded all of that takes just a week, if properly done for such a small animation which takes just a second. Just the swoosh of a hand over your hood and there you have your hood up and another swoosh in the opposite direction and your hood is down. Furthermore, Ubisoft has 8 studios working on this game, I don't think you realize how many employees that is, just to give you a clue that is ALOT OF PEOPLE!! 50 UNIQUE LOCATIONS 3 HUGE CITIES AND A HUGE AREA OF THE OCEAN. All it would take is 5 devs, 10 at max out of 8 studios to make this feature possible, something which loads of people were complaining about in the last game. And just for your interest this game urges the person to have the hood on when your about to assassinate a templar, not when you're in a brawl with a badass pirate or when your sailing the high seas.