PDA

View Full Version : PS4 exclusives? Really? No, just.. No

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Seriously... http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-will-get-exclusive-ps4-content

It's bad enough that they release 5 different versions with all different content, why the consolism? Better be bringing ALL the features/extras to PC Ubi....

edit: Also http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-will-have-exclusive-content-on-the-ps3-and-ps4

dxsxhxcx
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27270047.jpg

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Sony pays Ubi for exclusive content. Should Ubi refuse to sell? If you want to get extra content on PC or Xbox you need to convince Valve/Microsoft to pay for that. I'm sure Ubi would happily sell an extra hour for those platforms.

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Just because they do it, doesn't make it a good idea... or the right thing to do. The word "Exclusive" means to exclude....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tCy_ctJ2grM/T2tcMpTZ-4I/AAAAAAAAen8/H3TfhslsQYM/s1600/traditiontshirt.gif

thekarlone
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
But the PS4 exclusives will probably be social features, not missions.

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
But the PS4 exclusives will probably be social features, not missions.

Directly from the second article:

Ubisoft (http://ubi.com/US/) Community Developer, Gabriel Graziani, announced on the official Playsation Blog yesterday (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-coming-to-ps3-and-ps4/) that “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/media/media.aspx?c=tcm:19-86084&ct=tcm:6-231-32)” will feature exclusive content that will appear on Sony’s consoles only. Both the Playsation 3 and Playsation 4 versions of the game will include a download that gives players an additional hour of gameplay similar to the Benedict Arnold campaign on PS3 (http://www.examiner.com/topic/ps3) for “Assassin’s Creed III.”

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Just because they do it, doesn't make it a good idea... or the right thing to do. The word "Exclusive" means to exclude....

To produce goods/service for someone who offers you money is a little bit more than just a tradition. It's one of the foundations of society.

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
To produce goods/service for someone who offers you money is a little bit more than just a tradition. It's one of the foundations of society.

By that logic, I should be able to go into any McDonalds and say "If I give you $20, will you make me a Big Mac that's 3x bigger than anyone else's"

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
PS4 has to have it's own exclusives. PS4 is currently the only officially announced Next-Gen console and it will definitely have it's own special features "Announced and unannounced" as Ashraf Ismail said in his latest interview so I guess there should be a reason for people to play the game on PS4 other than the improvement in graphics which I don't suspect to be very major since the game is made for both console (just me guessing that ports don't usually be very superior) and even if it was, many people don't feel like paying another 40 or 50 something dollars for better graphics.

The PS3 version will probably come out earlier than the PS4 version as PS4 was announced to be out Holidays 2013 while ACIV release date is October 29th so for those who will wait or those who will buy both PS3/360 and a PS4 version, they deserve a reward for waiting or an extra mission and reason to buy another copy.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
By that logic, I should be able to go into any McDonalds and say "If I give you $20, will you make me a Big Mac that's 3x bigger than anyone else's"

Yes, of course. And if McDonalds think the money you offer is worth the extra effort/ingredients they will give it to you. What is unethical about that?

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
I guess my point is that this game is being developed for multiple platforms, not just one, so why should one platform get preferential treatment? As for the PS4 needing exclusives, there are already a number of franchises that are exclusive to the PS platform, just as there are franchises that are exclusive to Xbox, or Nintendo, or PC... why does a specific franchise that supports more than one platform need to have any exclusive content (outside of perhaps collector's editions etc)? And even then, most franchises that offer multiple editions of a product do it in a cascaded fashion (ie base edition, deluxe edition - same as base edition with some extras, collector's edition - same as deluxe with more extras). The way Ubi do their multiple editions is, for want of a better way to describe it, f...ed in the head.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I guess my point is that this game is being developed for multiple platforms, not just one, so why should one platform get preferential treatment? As for the PS4 needing exclusives, there are already a number of franchises that are exclusive to the PS platform, just as there are franchises that are exclusive to Xbox, or Nintendo, or PC... why does a specific franchise that supports more than one platform need to have any exclusive content (outside of perhaps collector's editions etc)? And even then, most franchises that offer multiple editions of a product do it in a cascaded fashion (ie base edition, deluxe edition - same as base edition with some extras, collector's edition - same as deluxe with more extras). The way Ubi do their multiple editions is, for want of a better way to describe it, f...ed in the head.

Sony comes to Ubi with a bag of money and says: "Make us one extra hour of exclusive content". Should Ubi just refuse this offer? Is it immoral for a company to accept money to produce more of their product? I think that is kind of a silly thing to believe.

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM

I agree that I hated it when 360 got DLC for Tomb Raider: Underworld but nothing for the PS3. It was extremely disappointing but let's go back to reality: Sony wants to grab customers for the PS4 from now and Ubi wants money for the games they're making. That's what matters here. According to them, the full game is what they have to offer and that's what they offer to everybody, regarding extras, exclusives and DLC, they're free to select the side that pays them enough money.

They know very well that PS4 fans will have it so Sony is happy and they're happy to market this version of the game besides just better graphics and also us hardcore fans who buy 3 different collector's editions of an AC game will definitely get a PS4 to play AC and it's extras that if they only had a 360 or PS3. So it's a win-win case for them and Sony so they have no reason to refuse. They don't usually make grand exclusives to avoid losing fans though so they're like "Okay, so if you didn't play The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC (for example) you ain't missing a lot".

xx-pyro
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Kind of like PS3 users got shafted on Skyrim? It happens to both consoles, and it's not like the PS3 missions have ever been anything special that was worth crying about.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Seriously... http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-will-get-exclusive-ps4-content

It's bad enough that they release 5 different versions with all different content, why the consolism? Better be bringing ALL the features/extras to PC Ubi....

edit: Also http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-will-have-exclusive-content-on-the-ps3-and-ps4

If you want the features you've seen advertised for a game on a certain platform - Buy it on that platform .
If you own a Different platform as your gaming media - Suck it up & accept the consequences of the choice you made , And be happy with the products available to you.

There are many games, missions or features exclusive to certain platforms - Should we demand Every format is identical in features ?

Still Banging this drum after 5 titles in the AC series is more than pointless to be honest .

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Water is wet, move along.

AherasSTRG
03-06-2013, 02:14 PM
People, Sony has got some more money to spare and they want to support their new console. It's all right and it is something completely normal. Personally, I am more concerned about the main game running fine rather than worry about 1 extra hour of gameplay. (which will probably be like Benedict Arnold, which was meh for me)

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
People, Sony has got some more money to spare and they want to support their new console. It's all right and it is something completely normal. Personally, I am more concerned about the main game running fine rather than worry about 1 extra hour of gameplay. (which will probably be like Benedict Arnold, which was meh for me)

*20 minutes :P

Trust me, it won't be any longer even if it's promoted 60 minutes. So move on, everyone.

jenyto
03-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't see this working very well, since AC4 (oct 29) is out way before PS4 which come out during the holidays.

andreja110s
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
FFS, are they serious?!? Itīs not fair!

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
FFS, are they serious?!? Itīs not fair!
Yes, I'm pissed that being a PC player, PS4 gets some extra graphical stuff while we get the same as PS3/Xbox360 :/

But can't do anything about it.

AherasSTRG
03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, I'm pissed that being a PC player, PS4 gets some extra graphical stuff while we get the same as PS3/Xbox360 :/

You don't know that just yet. PC version might be a port from the PS4 version.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
You don't know that just yet. PC version might be a port from the PS4 version.
You don't suppose the word "exclusive" means anything?

montagemik
03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
You don't suppose the word "exclusive" means anything?

The only 'real' exclusives PS4 will likely have is the SONY extra 60mins - & perhaps some in game feature that incorporates the motion controller & touch screen controller .
( navigation / puzzle solving methods perhaps )

I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking - main difference will be graphical effects & loading times over anything else i'd say . I wouldn't let it bother you.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
The only 'real' exclusives PS4 will likely have is the SONY extra 60mins - & perhaps some in game feature that incorporates the motion controller & touch screen controller .

I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking - main difference will be graphical effects & loading times over anything else i'd say . I wouldn't let it bother you.
I hope so, but Ubi and PC don't exactly go hand in hand...

freddie_1897
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
As a PS3 player who's only just got the skyrim DLC:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Deal+with+it_489430_3624228.jpg

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27270047.jpg

couldn't have said it better.

Gi1t
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM

Yeah, it's all about what's in the content. If it's just superficial stuff like cheap, easy to reproduce missions, costumes, a couple of new enemies, a couple of new toys, then whatever. If you really want to brag about that, go ahead I guess. XD

If it's something that really impacts the story or something that offers an entire new gameplay mode, they really need to put their best foot forward and offer it to everyone. Bits of incidental DLC are expected with any game and it's a given that not everyone's going to bother with them, but if it really adds a significant amount to the gameplay or to the story, I would guess that most buyers are expecting to be able to get all of that.

Usually, it seems like pre-release announcements of bonus content are always pretty minor. It tends to be the post-release content that really rips off the buyers not included in the bonus release. In those cases, it would help if people on the preferred console would just clam up and not go around saying "oh, the PS/XB version of this game is SO much better!" -__- Those are the people that this thread is really yelling at more than anyone.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I hope so, but Ubi and PC don't exactly go hand in hand...Well things are changing..

Watch_Dogs has PC as the lead platform - so everything else is ported from PC ;)

With the PS4 being easier to code for - due to being basically a PC style environment - I guess time will tell what happens on PC for ACIV ;)

If it's something that really impacts the story or something that offers an entire new gameplay mode, they really need to put their best foot forward and offer it to everyone. Bits of incidental DLC are expected with any game and it's a given that not everyone's going to bother with them, but if it really adds a significant amount to the gameplay or to the story, I would guess that most buyers are expecting to be able to get all of that.

In the past - it's extra content that does not impact the single player storyline - so I have no fears that will change for this title - however news about the content will be incoiming in the coming months.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, it's all about what's in the content. If it's just superficial stuff like cheap, easy to reproduce missions, costumes, a couple of new enemies, a couple of new toys, then whatever. If you really want to brag about that, go ahead I guess. XD

Usually, it seems like pre-release announcements of bonus content are always pretty minor. It tends to be the post-release content that really rips off the buyers not included in the bonus release. In those cases, it would help if people on the preferred console would just clam up and not go around saying "oh, the PS/XB version of this game is SO much better!" -__- Those are the people that this thread is really yelling at more than anyone.

Nope , it'll be nothing more than lighting / water effects & loading times . (to be expected)
Novelty controller steering options & for navigating the in game maps or some balancing guff .

I'm buying whichever version hits first .........whatever it has.

shobhit7777777
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/88430/2379724-batman-facepalm1.jpg

NetWalkerBR
03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Well things are changing..

Watch_Dogs has PC as the lead platform - so everything else is ported from PC ;)

With the PS4 being easier to code for - due to being basically a PC style environment - I guess time will tell what happens on PC for ACIV ;)

Thatīs good to know. AC III PC version is way better than PS3/X360 in graphics department. Also, the "exclusive PS3 content" Benedict Arnold were also released to Digital Deluxe Edition on PC, so I guess they will do the same for AC IV.

hoodrat94
03-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Well its sony they tend to give more to their customers.

NvmberFiveUA
03-07-2013, 01:04 AM

Or what?

AherasSTRG
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Well things are changing..

Your words ring true. I wish you have some internal knowledge of the AC4's development and we finally get to see a well optimized game in our PCs. Fingers crossed until we finally know...

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Your words ring true. I wish you have some internal knowledge of the AC4's development and we finally get to see a well optimized game in our PCs. Fingers crossed until we finally know...
I hope so, otherwise I will be a very angry panda...

ace3001
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Are some people in this thread new to AC? They've done this twice before. Brotherhood had the Copernicus Conspiracy only for PS3, and AC III had the Benedict Arnold missions only for PS3 and PC. And going by the Benedict Arnold missions, this extra "60 minutes" (in quotes because it'll never be that long) will be laughably worthless.

IceHot100
03-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Why the hell is almost every PC/Xbox gamer pissed about this? Yes, we did get an "hour" exclusive content for AC3. Know how long it took me to complete it? Maybe not even 10 mins. It's pretty much worthless!

Locopells
03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I've played the ACIII:BA missions (you can get them on PC), and while they're nice to have to complete the set, they're not anything unique in mission design. ACB:CC was the same, judging by YouTube...

crash3
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I hate to say this but I might buy the PS4 just to benefit from any improved graphics/ extra content, I am not proud of myself...

ProletariatPleb
03-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Why the hell is almost every PC/Xbox gamer pissed about this? Yes, we did get an "hour" exclusive content for AC3. Know how long it took me to complete it? Maybe not even 10 mins. It's pretty much worthless!
Lol who cares about those "60 minutes" I'm wondering if they'll add some "features" to the PS4 version just because it's "next-gen" and not put it over the PC.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Well... Honestly if you think about it it makes sense.

Right now Sony is on top right now in the console wars with 77million units sold world wide with Microsoft at a close 75 or 76 million, But! If you look at the sales number of each country world wide The PS3 is the top seller in each country vs. the US where for some odd reason the xbox thrives. (d*mn american xbox fanboys.... haha.) So why not cater to the the best selling system not only in the world right now but in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY!?

I"m sorry just get a playstation and stop whining. B*TCHES. Haha. No but really I love my PS3. I have no problem with the Xbox, I just don't prefer it over Sony, I feel the exclusives are better since I'm not into FPS which seems to be the thing for xbox players.

Roanark
03-09-2013, 05:03 AM
It compared it to the Benedict Arnold DLC, so I wouldn't be worried... I had the Digital Deluxe which meant I got the B. Arnold DLC as well and it was extremely short and uneventful...