PDA

View Full Version : Story Theories?

Isensol
03-06-2013, 06:22 AM
So new Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag has been announced and with it 2 trailers and some info as well as quite a bit of concept art and renderings floating around. But not much has been noted on story other then the freedom of it and whatever interviewers can irk out. ~ http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/4/4043166/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-ac4
So at any-rate if hate what you see or love it what do you guys think the story will be like?

My thoughts~

Edward Kenway begins as privateer for the British Empire who has not gone unnoticed by the assassins, and in order to fight of the ever growing Templar influence they enlist him into the brotherhood. Once trained and with the knowledge he gains about the British and the people that pull the strings he turns pirate. With this he goes on a mission on behest of the brotherhood to find Pieces of Eden to safeguard from Templars and others who would abuse their power, and to eliminate any Templar agents he runs across. Though any other treasure runs across is fair game.

So Edward kenway Privateer turned assassin and becomes a pirate [This is mentioned in a "official" game description floating around]
Edward seems to do things for himself and uses his training to further his goals for himself 1st and foremost then the assassins[Like any pirate]. It's my theory since we are removed from the political intrigue that other games have that enemies will be more along the lines of other pirates and privateers. Perhaps some even work for the Templars and the reason that he's there is not just himself but for the order. He may need to do a treasure hunt to find a piece of eden and must fight off and hunt templars and privateers nd priates that are interested in this supposedly valuable loot the assassins and templars want.
The reason for the idea that he is hunting down peices of eden is because the modern day person reliving the experience is a employee of abstergo ie. templars. they tell him they wan thim to relive the life to do research for an entertainment system to have him go along with it. Sort of like Ac1 with desmond and altiar

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 06:23 AM
He is actually a pirate first and then gets enlisted in the Brotherhood.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
He is actually a pirate first and then gets enlisted in the Brotherhood.

With a mentor that will be awesome, though maybe not in a fatherly way, and that will probably die tragically, or someone he cares about will, spurring his fight for...Justice? Liberty? And yadayadayada, he moves to England, gets busy, and has Haytham. Fin.

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach
Where is Edward Teach

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I made a thread about my theory for the main antagonist, you can check it out if you like.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/757378-Possible-Antagonist

Gi1t
03-06-2013, 07:28 AM
This is more advice than theory, but it was originally meant for another thread that ended up in Black Widow's closing spree, so:

One issue today is that games as a whole are getting too short, and the industry is getting just a little too comfortable with that. I would like to see more interest in extended amounts of core content. If you really want your game to feel like an epic journey, it's an essential thing to give it some length. I actuallly think AC2 still felt short in spite of its numerous little sequences and a definite passage of time, which, one would expect, would make it feel long. I think the reason it still felt short was that the sequences themselves didn't feel too involved and also because the problems were dealt with, basically one at a time. Problem comes up; you fix it; Done.

I think having more variety in that case would make it feel like a longer process. Have some conflicts that last for a while and some that build up more from points earlier on in the game. Have problems that, in a way, represent the connections between the all the minor things that you deal with on a moment to moment basis so that one day you step back and realize, 'wow, we finally got that done'. Surprises are also a good way to make a game feel longer. I've seen plenty of games that get great effects from making you think it's got to end here...and then there's a whole new part of the game to explore. (And I mean they should make it believeable, not three sequences in where it's obviously not going to end, but more like half way through, after enough time that the player can think 'yeah, this could possibly be the end.')

However, I would guess this one's written and done already, so that's more for future reference. I just didn't have anywhere to put it. XD