PDA

View Full Version : (spoilers!!!) Edward Kenway....

C Murder 20
03-06-2013, 05:49 AM
So i was reading the assassins creed wiki on him and apparently (SPOILERRRRRRRR) he dies when two men break into his house and kidnap his daughter. is this true and how is this confirmed?

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Assassin's Creed Forsaken novel, read it.

http://i.imgur.com/wTAcf.jpg

C Murder 20
03-06-2013, 05:56 AM
wow well that just ruined black flag for me >:( he looked like he would would be pretty close to ezio for me.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 05:58 AM
wow well that just ruined black flag for me >:( he looked like he would would be pretty close to ezio for me.
What's the problem with having an original unique character?

C Murder 20
03-06-2013, 06:00 AM
no its not that. its the fact that no matter what happens or how bad *** i may seem in this game i will get murdered by 2 low life kidnappers in my own home.... leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 06:02 AM
no its not that. its the fact that no matter what happens or how bad *** i may seem in this game i will get murdered by 2 low life kidnappers in my own home.... leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Later in life, not in the game cause as far as I remember Animus cannot show death and he dies when Haytham is ~18 years old I believe so plenty of time. Even Ezio died...and I'm still suspicious about that >_>

http://i.imgur.com/SpVwr.jpg

C Murder 20
03-06-2013, 06:03 AM
i guess man. it just rubs me the wrong way -.- maybe im just being stupid but thats how i feel at least

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Later in life, not in the game cause as far as I remember Animus cannot show death and he dies when Haytham is ~18 years old I believe so plenty of time. Even Ezio died...and I'm still suspicious about that >_>

http://i.imgur.com/SpVwr.jpg

I'm 99% sure that picture was doctored. I've examined that scene frame by frame on my copy of Embers, but I can't make out a Templar cross there in the film. Besides, poison wouldn't kill him that fast and he was already clutching his chest and wheezing before the guy ever showed up.

Anyway, on-topic, they could easily retcon Edward's death, or at the very least, the circumstances surrounding it. They already did it once for Rodrigo Borgia in the AC2 novel. In the original version, he killed himself with poison while Ezio was in the vault.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm 99% sure that picture was doctored. I've examined that scene frame by frame on my copy of Embers, but I can't make out a Templar cross there in the film. Besides, poison wouldn't kill him that fast and he was already clutching his chest and wheezing before the guy ever showed up.

Anyway, on-topic, they could easily retcon Edward's death, or at the very least, the circumstances surrounding it. They already did it once for Rodrigo Borgia in the AC2 novel. In the original version, he killed himself with poison while Ezio was in the vault.
I took this from my own video, sir. Atleast I think I did, unsure at the moment it's been a year. Anyway he was already clutching, poison would make it easier don't you think?

And yes they can retcon that.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 07:12 AM
I took this from my own video, sir.

Well, maybe my screen is too poor-quality to display it sharply enough to see it or something, but seriously, when I looked at it I didn't see anything but a brown, shadowy blur. Anyway, the other two things about the poison and chest pain are still true. It's possible that even if he was a Templar, he may not have recognized Ezio, and was only intended as a dark reflection of him.

And we're not even sure if the guy wasn't just a hallucination...

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I took this from my own video, sir. Atleast I think I did, unsure at the moment it's been a year. Anyway he was already clutching, poison would make it easier don't you think?

And yes they can retcon that.

I think they confirmed that the man had nothing to do with Ezios death.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I think they confirmed that the man had nothing to do with Ezios death.
Yes I remember that, they said it was a random dude. It is also possible that they thought of a different end earlier but changed it later only forgot to remove this from the particular frame.. I'm just wondering about the pic if it's mine or I took it off somewhere, I know that red square was made by me but don't remember if I screenshot this or it was on the internet.

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh my god THAT EMBERS IMAGE IS NOT DOCTORED. I've taken the same screenshot myself and it is indeed there. There is no denying it.

There may be a number of things I don't like about this forum, but I'm always pleasantly surprised with how quick some of you pull out hilariously appropriate images. xD

Yes I remember that, they said it was a random dude. It is also possible that they thought of a different end earlier but changed it later only forgot to remove this from the particular frame.. I'm just wondering about the pic if it's mine or I took it off somewhere, I know that red square was made by me but don't remember if I screenshot this or it was on the internet.
The only person who confirmed the identity of that man was Gabe (who said that he was an imaginary representation of Ezio's past), who then retracted his statement (because it was just his interpretation and didn't want it to be taken as official confirmation). The only thing Darby has said (who wrote Embers) was that he likes to see the fandom squirm when trying to figure it out.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Oh my god THAT EMBERS IMAGE IS NOT DOCTORED. I've taken the same screenshot myself and it is indeed there. There is no denying it.

There may be a number of things I don't like about this forum, but I'm always pleasantly surprised with how quick some of you pull out hilariously appropriate images. xD

The only person who confirmed the identity of that man was Gabe (who said that he was an imaginary representation of Ezio's past), who then retracted his statement (because it was just his interpretation and didn't want it to be taken as official confirmation). The only thing Darby has said (who wrote Embers) was that he likes to see the fandom squirm when trying to figure it out.
Thank you, now I know I'm not delusional.