PDA

View Full Version : Do I dare Buy Black Flag?

Caeser_of_Rome
03-06-2013, 01:18 AM
So the Title Pretty much sums it up. I see Big Naval Battles that looks like it's free Roaming the Seas. Looks like you can swim in the Ocean, and Board at will. And After AC3 being so Terrible, and Nothing like Assassins Creed, where you get to kill people, and in AC3 you rarely do, do I dare Get it? My point is, I don't want it tobe another False Advertisment, like AC3 was. My Example is, Frontier Battles->Red vs. Blue, Canoeing, Major Sea battles, Free Roam Naval, etc. These Trailer's I hope better show the Real Stuff, not something to make the game look good, then you buy it and, it has nothing that the trailers showed.

So Message for Ubisoft, if you're Reading this, Don't Make False Advertising Trailers. If you're going to put something in, then Show it in the Trailers, Not the other way around, like it was for AC3.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2013, 01:23 AM
So you've basically come to ask us to make your mind up for you?

Caeser_of_Rome
03-06-2013, 01:25 AM
No it's a Point, Did you read the full thing or the Title?

TangentialShark
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Ubisoft NEVER promised free-roam ocean exploration in ACIII and I believe they did a great job in the naval battles. The "Red vs Blue" frontier battles were in the game but only for a very small section in one of the missions and IMO they did not provide us with "false advertisement". ACIII was not the best AC game to many people but it was still great game in my books.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2013, 01:28 AM
No it's a Point, Did you read the full thing or the Title?

Yeah i read the whole thing, where you also ask whether or not you should get it. Just take what they say about certain things with a pinch of salt.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Ubisoft NEVER promised free-roam ocean exploration in ACIII and I believe they did a great job in the naval battles. The "Red vs Blue" frontier battles were in the game but only for a very small section in one of the missions and IMO they did not provide us with "false advertisement". ACIII was not the best AC game to many people but it was still great game in my books.

They did say this about the frontier battles, Ubisoft Developer->"Sometimes when you're in the Frontier, you'll come across a Major Frontier battle of U.S vs. Britian." Shortened sentence, for he goes on about the Frontier battles, and I don't feel like typing the whole thing. As for the Free Roam Naval, they never said it would be in very small missions(Takes about 5-10mins to complete one), and the Trailers showed Connor Sailing in the Open ocean, then Suddenly gets attacked and, He then engages. Not 'ohh I'm on a mission to destroy trade ships, and small Sloops'.

rileypoole1234
03-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Ubisoft NEVER promised free-roam ocean exploration in ACIII.

They said we'd be able to free roam in the sea in multiple interviews.

Boulder_Av
03-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Even with as much crap AC3 it was still a very good game. Assassin's Creed is a unique series because there has never really been a bad game merely ones that were okay to good. Even the Ezio saga games were not copy and paste like other yearly titles like CoD or FIFA. ACBF will be a good game no doubt but it will not live up to a major Assassin Creed fan. I never preorder unless it is for something on Kickstarter or after the reviews have come out like I did a few days before Halo 4.

Radman500
03-06-2013, 01:40 AM
BF is probably going to be much better then AC3

Caeser_of_Rome
03-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Even with as much crap AC3 it was still a very good game. Assassin's Creed is a unique series because there has never really been a bad game merely ones that were okay to good. Even the Ezio saga games were not copy and paste like other yearly titles like CoD or FIFA. ACBF will be a good game no doubt but it will not live up to a major Assassin Creed fan. I never preorder unless it is for something on Kickstarter or after the reviews have come out like I did a few days before Halo 4.

Well I probably will still get AC4 no Matter the Reviews because, I'm a Diehard Fan but, if AC4 is Terrible like AC3, then there's no need to get AC5, because I would've just wasted my money.

Just hope in AC4 you actually get tobe an assassin not a Stalker, or a Scout.

inferno33222
03-06-2013, 04:07 AM
BF seems like it will be very good, IMO. If you are skeptical, wait until the game comes out and drops price or there are reviews.

Personally, AC3 was the best one in the series. You assassinate more people in that than in ACB and ACR combined. I feel very much like an assassin in AC3. I wish there was more social stealth though...

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Dare you buy BF ? maybe..you may love it

Dare you be skeptical about it ?? Definitely...

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:18 AM
my ***** says yes

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 05:46 AM
No.. you don't DARE buy Black Flag, or else....

NvmberFiveUA
03-06-2013, 06:00 AM
So the Title Pretty much sums it up. I see Big Naval Battles that looks like it's free Roaming the Seas. Looks like you can swim in the Ocean, and Board at will. And After AC3 being so Terrible, and Nothing like Assassins Creed, where you get to kill people, and in AC3 you rarely do, do I dare Get it? My point is, I don't want it tobe another False Advertisment, like AC3 was. My Example is, Frontier Battles->Red vs. Blue, Canoeing, Major Sea battles, Free Roam Naval, etc. These Trailer's I hope better show the Real Stuff, not something to make the game look good, then you buy it and, it has nothing that the trailers showed.

So Message for Ubisoft, if you're Reading this, Don't Make False Advertising Trailers. If you're going to put something in, then Show it in the Trailers, Not the other way around, like it was for AC3.

Nice Avatar.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Nice Avatar.

My thoughts. :p

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 06:31 AM
If your that reluctant, just wait for the reviews, and general reception before getting it.

dewgel
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Stupid question. You're on an Assassin's Creed community forum, asking us whether or not we think you should buy the game? We're all fans of the series, not anti-AC (Or so it seems..)

You haven't seen anything about the game. Ubisoft are a business. They've got to show you the best of their game, they're not going to show you graphical glitches etc in trailers. It's called selling a product. Deal with it, this is the world we live in.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Yeah - I agree , it really sucks when Ubisoft FORCE customers to buy the games on launchday - before reading any reviews before or after it's release .
It's like they're taking our cash without consent isn't it ?

Oh hang on - That's not what happens just by watching early preview footage or game advertisements is it ?
Promotional material & preview footage is to show what is 'PLANNED' & to get people's attention .

Your decision to buy a product should be based on the final product that's on offer - not from promises / expectations weeks / months before .

Aphex_Tim
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
After AC3 being so Terrible, and Nothing like Assassins Creed

Stopped reading there.

ArabianFrost
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Right from the get go, the devs said that not many people died at that time. What did you expect?

Em-Man
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
After what AC3 turned out to be, I will not buy AC4 unless the game gets positive response from the critics and fans.
I suggest you do the same, because if AC4 turnes out to be bad, you don't want ubisoft to have your money to proceed and make more bad games.
The only wake-up call is to not give them money unless they deserve it.
Vote with your wallets.

With that said, AC4 looks promising. But remember that every AC has looked promising, even AC3.

nancyfroma
03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
AC 4 reminds me of Age of Empires or some other naval fighting game I hope they get back to the killing people stuff like Hitman does

nancyfroma
03-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Right from the get go, the devs said that not many people died at that time. What did you expect?

like that of heart attack after seeing the game story

nancyfroma
03-06-2013, 02:01 PM

I think the author thought it was another national geographic mission where you could save the whales, talking of whales I have heard that Peta is annoyed with the whale killings in AC 4

Sushiglutton
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I dislike the entire pre-order culture in gaming. It promotes things like releasing games broken, untruthful marketing and focusing on games that look cool rather than play well. For these reasons I never pre-order games anymore. I will do the same with AC4 and decide after release. Depending on feedback from, imo, trustworthy reviewers I will decide if I'll buy it shortly after launch, or when it hits the bargain bin.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Nice Avatar.

I made this account before AC3 I think, I have yet to change it because, I never have the time. But thank you for reminding me, I'll change it now. xD

d4st4n96
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Ac3 was not crap...was...different?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
It was different.It wasn't for Ezio-fans.
The game is good and is still Assassin's Creed.There are almost 2 ways(probably?) in most of the mission(eg.Battle of Bunker Hill)we just don't get to explore them because of the DNA constraints.
AC3 is the best game of the franchise for me...still would have loved more winter frontier.I will obviously buy Black Flags,infact I am buying parts to sustain games for the next 2-3 years.WATCH_DOGS,Assassin's Creed IV:BF,and some other promising games are in my list(on the top being Crysis 3.)

SleezeRocker
03-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Either:
-Get it/preorder it and put minimum for it (would be a lil senseless paying for it in full right now) and perhaps during the next 7 months you may get more interested for it (possibly E3 time)
- Get it later after player reviews hit and AC4 goes on a 20$ discount about 2-3 weeks after game release ( Like my local Gstop is seeling Aliens and Crysis 3 for 40$ now but like anyone really plays aliens :P)
- Don't get it save the $ and then LOL at all the people who did buy it because you were right in the game sucking while the rest of us either regrets buying AC4 or still enjoy playing AC4 ;)
- Or randomly get AC4 for christmas by someone and either play it or sell it

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM

There was an interview where somebody asked if there would be naval free roam, and the guy gave a pretty dodgy answer, which some fans took as yes.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Yes it was quite Different. You barely get to Assassinate anyone. The Customization went down the shoot. Can't buy Shops anymore, and the Multi-player is dedicated to noobs, who use Invisibility. So in other Terms, the Game was Crap.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I lover AC3... best story of the series so far for me. Alas, I'm not sure if I'll buy AC4:BF I'm just not sold on it as of yet. : /

Assassin_M
03-09-2013, 07:14 AM
You barely get to Assassinate anyone. In terms of stealth style Assassinations, then I guess Yeah...we only had 4 of those, but we Assassinated 14 guys in general in this game

The Customization went down the shoot. Every other AC barely had any customization. just the armor and that was replaced by outfits in AC III

Can't buy Shops anymore, Like you said. Different. In AC II, you couldn't Hunt

So in other Terms, the Game was Crap. In your opinion....had to do it
Yup

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Caeser_of_Rome View Post
You barely get to Assassinate anyone. In terms of stealth style Assassinations, then I guess Yeah...we only had 4 of those, but we Assassinated 14 guys in general in this game

The Customization went down the shoot. Every other AC barely had any customization. just the armor and that was replaced by outfits in AC III

Can't buy Shops anymore, Like you said. Different. In AC II, you couldn't Hunt

So in other Terms, the Game was Crap. In your opinion....had to do it

well... I just lol'd.

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Yes it was quite Different. You barely get to Assassinate anyone. The Customization went down the shoot. Can't buy Shops anymore, and the Multi-player is dedicated to noobs, who use Invisibility. So in other Terms, the Game was Crap.
Why in the hell would you need to buy shops? Why in the hell does an assassin buy shops? If you think you need to buy shops to have a good game, you should get the hell away from this franchise.

poptartz20
03-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Why in the hell would you need to buy shops? Why in the hell does an assassin buy shops? If you think you need to buy shops to have a good game, you should get the hell away from this franchise.

Lol Count: X2

OMFG! THANK YOU! Even when the shops came into place I never really understood the purpose and let the whole factor go to the wayside my account thing was always full when the deposit came along ever 20 min. I didn't care. : /

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Lol Count: X2

OMFG! THANK YOU! Even when the shops came into place I never really understood the purpose and let the whole factor go to the wayside my account thing was always full when the deposit came along ever 20 min. I didn't care. : /

It was just a pointless feature that only made sense in Brotherhood. In Revelations, it made absolutely no sense and was just tacked on because it was in Brotherhood. Hell, in Brotherhood it barely made any sense.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 09:09 AM

Oh no! Buying shops and being the richest landlord in the wholegoddam city is soo Assassinlike. But being a pirate and sailing on a shop! Off with that blasphemy!

Caeser_of_Rome
03-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Oh no! Buying shops and being the richest landlord in the wholegoddam city is soo Assassinlike. But being a pirate and sailing on a shop! Off with that blasphemy!

Trolls these days......

crash3
03-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Might as well buy PS4 version...

Gi1t
03-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I've been having very similar thoughts on this one too. On the one hand, I haven't been buying AC since Brotherhood and that's not a streak I'm all that eager to break, the way they've been going. There's also a lot of room for this particular iteration to feel very meaningless by being full of cheap oversexualization, simplistically executed characters and missions that just turn into chores, not to mention what's already known about the modern day aspect. But again, that's all negative en potentia, not guaranteed.

On the other hand, it's being made by a different group of devleopers who are involved in an effort to do something very cool; making a freeroaming, high quality pirate themed game. There's no ignoring that if done right, it could be really really good, especially if they also manage to revive some of the missing roots from the series' past, which they've shown some interest in doing. The people developing this one might be a little more in tune with what people have been asking for in these forums a lot, and although the game's release date means they won't be able to make any HUGE changes based on the AC3 feedback, maybe they'll at least get some of the simple issues worked out BEFORE release. XD

So it's a slightly tougher question. I think I'll probably look at the footage of the game not long before release and see how it's going. I am hoping the game doesn't look like every other game out there that's trying to be realistic with dull, trashy, high contrast environments, which I'm sick to death of seeing (fortunately, AC doesn't seem to have fallen into that tend yet and has some order to their worlds). I am also hoping to NOT see a repeat of the AC3 demo, where a guy tells Connor 'if you approach SILENTLY, you should be able to take him out' and then the person playing proceeds to blow his cover immediately by killing a random soldier with some gadget in plain sight, then just runs away after fighting for a little while, goes around the back, spots his target, and then...causes a massive explosion and just chases the target down in the confusion. -__- It wasn't the features they showed that bothered me about that demo, (though I was annoyed by the continuing prevalence of moronic enemies, which will no doubt continue to be a fault with BF as well), it was the fact that this was what they seemd to think people wanted; the fact that this was what they wanted to show off first and foremost. That attitude clearly ended up being a major influence on the game, from what people have said, and I ended up feeling like a dodged a bullet by not getting it.

On the other hand, some pirates could be terriffic swordsmen, so if they were to show a really well-exectued duel for once, that would potentially be a pretty big selling point for me. :D

MinuteGlobe
03-10-2013, 02:56 AM
wait... AC3 lied to you? how? the trailer showed the revolutionary war... and you got that in the game... maybe the whole "connor leaping into the armada and killing everybody" part was a lie but in the end, you got what you bought... you still got to kill alot of people to so, I don't see your point in that... I know many people don't like the series anymore and I'm fine with that, that's your opinion if the games suck now, don't waste your money. I mean, I kinda got pissed when they changed the controls but, I gotten used to them and hope they keep them.

my point is, if you don't think the game is going to be as good as the other installments, don't buy it. If you do buy it, don't *****. well, you can give your opinions but don't bitc- I just came from the sega forums sonic game section and they ***** about everything, why I quit.

Caeser_of_Rome
03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
wait... AC3 lied to you? how? the trailer showed the revolutionary war... and you got that in the game... maybe the whole "connor leaping into the armada and killing everybody" part was a lie but in the end, you got what you bought... you still got to kill alot of people to so, I don't see your point in that... I know many people don't like the series anymore and I'm fine with that, that's your opinion if the games suck now, don't waste your money. I mean, I kinda got pissed when they changed the controls but, I gotten used to them and hope they keep them.

my point is, if you don't think the game is going to be as good as the other installments, don't buy it. If you do buy it, don't *****. well, you can give your opinions but don't bitc- I just came from the sega forums sonic game section and they ***** about everything, why I quit.

Perhaps, you never saw the Trailers with the Developers speaking. When you have, please come back and tell me.